Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Slayer pinball”

• Absolutely Yes 69 votes
      16%
    • Absolutely No 281 votes
      65%
    • Maybe if it is really cool 82 votes
      19%

(432 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180328_210410 (resized).jpg
    SternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpg
    Slayer (resized).JPG
    541815754 (resized).jpg
    jimmyfalllon (resized).jpg
    trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    heightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).png
    c346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3789 (resized).PNG
    img615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpg
    CIEapDW (resized).jpg
    IMG_3905 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3771 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3773 (resized).PNG
    There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 6 years ago

Slayer !

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You'd never buy a Stern again because they did a pin for a band you don't like? That's hilarious.
    You're going to be in every new game thread like a kid with their nose up against the bakery window, fogging the glass with your breath, looking at all the other children laughing and playing pinball. Every once in a while you'll sigh, then eventually shuffle away with your hand in your pockets, kicking at rocks, and muttering about stupid Slayer.
    I would give Stern props for having more balls than I imagined if they actually do a Slayer pin. Believe it when it happens. Sounds awesome though.

Haha - no, you missed the point. If it were simply because I didn't like the band, I would have never bought another Stern after Elvis.

#53 6 years ago

I'd most likely buy one , I like slayer a lot ,but I would also have to like the game itself (layout , rules , artwork, etc. ) . If zombie yeti is doing the artwork it's a safe bet I will like the art .

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Don't loose hope, maybe they will make a Barry Manilow pin next.

If they make a Barry Manilow pin, I'll be spending a weekend in New England with Mandy because it looks like Stern has made it..lol

#55 6 years ago

Its no secret that Kerry King (SLAYER guitarist) is a big pinball fan, He prob cut a deal with marketing to have a game or two backstage in return for advertising or something...

#DeadSkinMaskMultiball

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Could it really be? I thought it was a long shot, but Stern was seen attending and advertising at a Slayer concert a couple years back. Now I see a teaser from Zombie Yeti on his face book page of what appears to be a Devil holding up the devil horn sign. It also has the hashtag, #nulearblastusa, which is Slayer's current label. I thought Maiden was next, but this seems like a done deal to me.

In for the LE - which is great as the last 3 Stern's were not for me

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I'm sure I'll catch heat for this, but, being a christian this would not only be a pass for me, it would be a pass on all future Sterns indefinitely.

Dante Alighieri wrote a poem about Hell, that does not mean he was not a Christian.

Taddeo di Bartolo painted pictures of Hell, that does not mean he was not a Christian.

6db839227045de5f00047710b4e23528 (resized).jpg6db839227045de5f00047710b4e23528 (resized).jpg

-
    -

Tom Araya has sung songs about Hell, that does not mean that he is not a Christian? (he is).

-

Would you pass on all future libraries because they contain the Dante's Inferno poem?

Would you pass on visiting the College of San Gimignano because they have a painting by Bartolo?

#58 6 years ago

Love metal, mainly power and prog metal, but Slayer just doesn't do it for me. Iron Maiden I love, and that band seems like a better choice to me, but even Maiden doesn't come near the accessibility, etc, of Metallica and AC/DC. In the US at least.

I'd personally like to see them give the music/band pins a break for a while...

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Oh come on - not this conversation again. I actually like music that's way heavier than Slayer...but still Christian.
    » YouTube video

Cliched, I know but I love the first couple of Tourniquet albums - Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance and Psychosurgery in particular. And Extol!

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I'm sure I'll catch heat for this, but, being a christian this would not only be a pass for me, it would be a pass on all future Sterns indefinitely.

Narrow mind much?

Its a band
    It is not real life...

Your organized religion has killed more people than Slayer ever will...

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

Love metal, main power and orig metal, but Slayer just doesn't do it for me. Iron Maiden I love, and that band seems like a better choice to me, but even Maiden doesn't come near the accessibility, etc, of Metallica and AC/DC. In the US at least.

My lady brought up going to see Slayer when we were walking out of the Maiden show on Saturday - I still like Slayer but I am not sure I would want to go to a show still. I haven't kept up with the last couple albums, although I guess I'm still curious about whether Kerry would let Gary write a couple tunes on the next album. She was mad I said I didn't want to go!

#62 6 years ago

This would be so much better than a god awful band like Aerosmith.
    Can't wait

#63 6 years ago

That ZY post doesn't really add up though. He also tagged SDCC2017 which is, of course, SD Comic Con; there's nothing Slayer at SDCC that I can find.

Additionally, a third music pin (Aero, AC/DC Encore), in such short time doesn't make much sense either.

He's trolling or getting tags mixed.

#64 6 years ago

Unless it's a subtle nod to Buffy... THAT would be funny.

#65 6 years ago

While I like Slayer, the music does not lend itself to pinball play in my opinion. I would LOVE to see a KMFDM pin, with art by BRUTE! Imagine the potential with the art and rhythmic, pounding music.

KMFDM_godlike (resized).pngKMFDM_godlike (resized).png

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from soapblox:

Dear Stern,
    Give us a Queen pinball.
    Thanks,
    Everyone

That pin would be awsome...

For me to leave feces in the coin slots.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from soapblox:

Dear Stern,
    Give us a Queen pinball.
    Thanks,
    Everyone

I thought that was going to be Heighway's next pin. Get your pre-order $ in now!

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spelunk71:

I thought that was going to be Heighway's next pin. Get your pre-order $ in now!

Too soon?

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Dante Alighieri wrote a poem about Hell, that does not mean he was not a Christian.
    Taddeo di Bartolo painted pictures of Hell, that does not mean he was not a Christian.

-
    -
    Tom Araya has sung songs about Hell, that does not mean that he is not a Christian? (he is).
    -
    Would you pass on all future libraries because they contain the Dante's Inferno poem?
    Would you pass on visiting the College of San Gimignano because they have a painting by Bartolo?

Oh please - give me a break. The bible talks about hell, many of the bands I listen to talk about hell.

That's not remotely the same thing as being anti-God/pro-satanism as Slayer is. Are you really trying to convince me that Slayer is a Christian band because one of it's members claims to be a Christian? Is Korn a christian band because Brian Welch became a Christian?

And your analogy about not going to a library because of a particular book is weak. I don't quit listening to music or going to iTunes because Slayer has albums for sale there.

A better analogy would be not supporting a specific music publisher that signed Slayer as an artist.

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

WE NEED a GWAR pin!

Gwar's drummer lives a few houses down from me. Should I tell him to get on it?

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

Gwar's drummer lives a few houses down from me. Should I tell him to get on it?

yes!!

#72 6 years ago

Well, then do not watch any movies made by studios that ever made satanism-related horror movies, same goes for TC channels of course. I take that back, that would be juvenile to live by rules like that.

Do as thou wilt, it's your lifestyle, your decisions. I have hands down zero problems with it, just don't lecture others.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

ABSOLUTELY!! I for one love 70s Prog rock as well as metal and my wife is into Yacht Rock

A Yacht Rock themed pin would be a total boat anchor.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

Love metal, mainly power and prog metal, but Slayer just doesn't do it for me. Iron Maiden I love, and that band seems like a better choice to me, but even Maiden doesn't come near the accessibility, etc, of Metallica and AC/DC. In the US at least.
    I'd personally like to see them give the music/band pins a break for a while...

Internationally Iron Maiden has a mammoth fanbase. Personally the metal band game I really want to see is Motorhead. \m/

#75 6 years ago

Aren't we due for some crappy sports themed pin? (think Nascar, Grand Prix, NBA, BBH, WWE, Mustang)

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Well, then do not watch any movies made by studios that ever made satanism-related horror movies, same goes for TC channels of course.

Exactly. I don't.

Quoted from DerGoetz:

I take that back, that would be juvenile to live by rules like that.

Why? It just gives me more time to play pinball.

Quoted from DerGoetz:

I have hands down zero problems with it, just don't lecture others.

Thanks. I don't think I've been lecturing anyone, just voicing a minority opinion.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Embryonic death,
    Embedded in your brain.
    Suffocation, strangulation,
    Death is fucking you insane!
    Yes please Probably a joke tho. I'd prefer Iron Maiden.

Absolutely, Maiden all the way! The art package alone on an Iron Maiden would be the ultimate music pin.

#78 6 years ago

out of the 500 people I know, 5 like slayer, 8 like iron maiden, 400 like led zeppelin, and 350 like pink Floyd!

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

That pin would be awsome...
    For me to leave feces in the coin slots.

LOL

I would totally consider buying that pin.. Uh, sans feces

#80 6 years ago

Slayer sucks!!! and would be a disaster of a pinball machine. Iron Maiden is still popular worldwide and the art package alone would be amazing. Stern please blow us out of the water with a bad ass Iron Maiden pinball machine with hand drawn kick ass art.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

out of the 500 people I know, 5 like slayer, 8 like iron maiden, 400 like led zeppelin, and 350 like pink Floyd!

at least you got 5 smart friends

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Slayer sucks!!! and would be a disaster of a pinball machine. Iron Maiden is still popular worldwide and the art package alone would be amazing. Stern please blow us out of the water with a bad ass Iron Maiden pinball machine with hand drawn kick ass art.

You know what? After seeing the star wars art (I'm sure the pin will be fun), I'm OK with Stern not doing a Maiden pin.

#83 6 years ago

7110402005bfc4564ae1d4cc83cb88628a09a79f (resized).jpg7110402005bfc4564ae1d4cc83cb88628a09a79f (resized).jpg

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Oh please - give me a break. The bible talks about hell, many of the bands I listen to talk about hell.
    That's not remotely the same thing as being anti-God/pro-satanism as Slayer is. Are you really trying to convince me that Slayer is a Christian band because one of it's members claims to be a Christian? Is Korn a christian band because Brian Welch became a Christian?
    And your analogy about not going to a library because of a particular book is weak. I don't quit listening to music or going to iTunes because Slayer has albums for sale there.
    A better analogy would be not supporting a specific music publisher that signed Slayer as an artist.

I think you might be way over thinking this. Do you really think the guys from Slayer are conjuring up demons in their basement while dancing around pentagrams.

#85 6 years ago

It's only pinball and it's meant to be fun. Peole gets their pinball panties in an uproar at the drop of a dime. If you like it buy it play it and have fun. BM 66 still sucks though, that will always suck.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

It's only pinball and it's meant to be fun. Peole gets their pinball panties in an uproar at the drop of a dime. If you like it buy it play it and have fun. BM 66 still sucks though, that will always suck.

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Between Slayer and Iron Maiden I could name exactly zero songs.

...You named one song in your post

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Are you really trying to convince me that Slayer is a Christian band because one of it's members claims to be a Christian?

No.

Is Stephen King a "Christian Author" because he is a Christian?

Your inverse logic does not make any sense...

-

Black Sabbath for a while did not play on Sundays, because Geezer Butler was such a strong Catholic.

That does not make Sabbath a Christian band, nor does the fact that they've sung songs about Satan make them anti-god.

Artists find all different ways to express themselves, and Allah has blessed all of them.

#89 6 years ago

Misspellededed MEMEs in thread, check!

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I'm sure I'll catch heat for this, but, being a christian this would not only be a pass for me,

Fair
    Quoted from Damonator: it would be a pass on all future Sterns indefinitely.
    Ridiculous. I suppose you boycott Fox TV and all DC comics for having the TV show Lucifer also?

#91 6 years ago

NO way they do a slayer pin.

Van Halen, Zep, Rush, Motley Crue, even Megadeth makes more sense than Slayer IMO. (sorry Slayer fans)

#92 6 years ago

slayer.jpgslayer.jpg

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Is Stephen King a "Christian Author" because he is a Christian?

Believing that there is a God does not make one a Christian. Being raised going to church does not make one a Christian. I haven't read anywhere that Stephen King is a Christian.

Quoted from markmon:

Ridiculous. I suppose you boycott Fox TV and all DC comics for having the TV show Lucifer also?

OK - ridiculous to you, but I just won't support a company that licenses a band that seem pro-satanic/anti-God by reading their lyrics. As for Fox/Lucifer, I've never watched it.

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

NO way they do a slayer pin.

It would let Stern break away from the pussyfication of it's music pins.

Slayer is well loved by everyone under 50, but just hardcore enough to not be played on Clearchannel radio stations.

If you think about it, Stern has not had a true "outlaw"music pin since Ted Nugent was adopting underage girls to have sex with.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-womack/ted-nugents-jailbait-problem_b_4840060.html

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Slayer is well loved by everyone under 50,

1. funny
    2. Do you even know anyone (not from this site) under 50?

#96 6 years ago

I love how someone is trying to derail a Slayer thread to make it a discussion about Christianity. I know I was really hoping to hear about your personal religious beliefs in a pinball thread.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I know I was really hoping to hear about your personal religious beliefs in a pinball thread.

True, but we gotta hear everyone's goddamn life story each time a fanboi/made up theme cums around

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Do you even know anyone (not from this site) under 50?

I know my teenage nephews and my 20 year old niece.

They love Slayer, and they are Jewish.

slayer-kids-toddler-t-shirt-–-logo-red (resized).jpgslayer-kids-toddler-t-shirt-–-logo-red (resized).jpg

7d47ed04d01405ca666f7f9f538ec09a (resized).jpg7d47ed04d01405ca666f7f9f538ec09a (resized).jpg

#100 6 years ago

It could be suffocation. They write toe tappers.

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-slayer-pinball/page/2?hl=kratogen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.