Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Slayer pinball”

• Absolutely Yes 69 votes
      16%
    • Absolutely No 281 votes
      65%
    • Maybe if it is really cool 82 votes
      19%

(432 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180328_210410 (resized).jpg
    SternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpg
    Slayer (resized).JPG
    541815754 (resized).jpg
    jimmyfalllon (resized).jpg
    trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    heightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).png
    c346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3789 (resized).PNG
    img615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpg
    CIEapDW (resized).jpg
    IMG_3905 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3771 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3773 (resized).PNG

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
    #501 6 years ago

I'll take a "stab" at this one DanQ,
    Gryszzz can clarify better and attach a pic or two of FM Dial Breathers.

An FM Dial Breather is your average drone that just listens to whatever is playing on the FM radio channels at any given time no matter how awful and corporate sounding it may be.
    These FM Dial Breathers often lack enough imagination and self initiative to pop in a cd of quality music that they would enjoy much more. Soon they find themselves in this lame existence day after day.

Keep flippin!

#502 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Can you guys imagine the faces of the giggling, douchebag audience (one that would actually sit through a Jimmy Fallon show), when Slayer took the stage?

+1

That video should come with an epileptic seizure warning!

#503 6 years ago

Gryszzz comes with a warning, too. Guess y'all didn't read that first.

#504 6 years ago

I still don't get how "FM dial breathers" makes any sense.

I guess it's a weak play on "mouth breathers." I think it's too weak to catch on, especially when it would apply to 90% of the listening public. There's already a multitude of pejoratives that fill that bill quite nicely.

#505 6 years ago

I drove behind a big Slayer fan on the way to work last week:

Slayer (resized).JPGSlayer (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #506 6 years ago

Anyone have any current pics taken this Summer 2017 while on a Stern Factory Tour that you can post which may yield some clues about status of Stern Slayer Pinball Machine? You never know what you might see marked on a box of parts sitting off to the side.

This is just an example pic. Not taken by me. Someday I hope to go on a Stern factory tour.
    SternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpgSternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpg

#507 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

clues about status of Stern Slayer Pinball Machine

Here's one: Ain't happening.

7 months later
    #508 6 years ago

Now that Iron Maiden is out,let's hope Slayer is the next metal pin \m/
    Slaaayyyyeeerrr !!!!!

20180328_210410 (resized).jpg20180328_210410 (resized).jpg

#509 6 years ago

Slayer is making their farwell tour so now it's the time for a pin !!

1 year later
    #510 4 years ago

Slayer in jazz

8 months later
    #511 4 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Fuck Gene Simmons, Kiss SUCKS !

watch this - 1min27sec

#512 4 years ago
    Quoted from BentleyBear:

Now that Iron Maiden is out,let's hope Slayer is the next metal pin \m/
    Slaaayyyyeeerrr !!!!!

[quoted image]

Slayer has sold less than 1/20th as many albums as Iron Maiden/Metallica each have. IF Stern did a Slayer pin, it would have to be a contract pin like Primus. A metal-themed "Monsters of Rock" type concert pin with multiple popular metal bands would be the only way you'd see them in a cornerstone pin from Stern.

Something like Motley Crue (100+ Million), Ozzy (inc Black Sabbath 100+ million), Def Leppard (100 Million), Bon Jovi (100+ million), or Judas Priest (50 million albums) would be one of the next likely targets for a Stern cornerstone music pin.

#513 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Something like Motley Crue (100+ Million), Ozzy (inc Black Sabbath 100+ million), Def Leppard (100 Million), Bon Jovi (100+ million), or Judas Priest (50 million albums) would be one of the next likely targets for a Stern cornerstone music pin.

U might be right but pinball is a very small group and Slayer fans are freaks, I love Slayer but the fans? not so much. Point is a lot of Slayer fans who might just play at bars or not even play at all would buy a Slayer pin. I just want one, so take the above bullshit with a grain of salt. (I don't know what that means) How about this, JJP #6 Slayer. I like it.

#514 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

U might be right but pinball is a very small group and Slayer fans are freaks, I love Slayer but the fans? not so much. Point is a lot of Slayer fans who might just play at bars or not even play at all would buy a Slayer pin. I just want one, so take the above bullshit with a grain of salt. (I don't know what that means) How about this, JJP #6 Slayer. I like it.

Just quoting the numbers any business would use to decide what pin to make next.

If you REALLY want a Slayer pin to be a reality get yourself and 200 other Slayer hardcore fans together and prepay for your own Stern Slayer contract pin. If Heavy Metal is $8299, I'm assuming they're getting them from Stern for $6k-ish in quantities of the low hundreds and their markup is the $2k. So you can make it real by getting together a few hundred of your Slayer bretheren and coughing up $6k in advance for Stern to make you this pin (probably based on the Spiderman/Star Wars/Supreme home pin).

#515 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

If you REALLY want a Slayer pin to be a reality get yourself and 200 other Slayer hardcore fans together and prepay for your own Stern Slayer contract pin.

That will never happen, I like the band but I'm not into it enough for that. I'm not into anything enough to go through any of that crap.

#516 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That will never happen, I like the band but I'm not into it enough for that. I'm not into anything enough to go through any of that crap.

I feel that you are a representative sample of the Slayer music/pinball crossover fanbase. And so here we are.

#517 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I feel that you are a representative sample of the Slayer music/pinball crossover fanbase.

Well u felt wrong.

#518 4 years ago

Well, that video makes me think some people in Slayer might have some bottled up anger issues...
    Perhaps the machine would be a good outlet to play if you get angry, assuming you don't smash the glass.

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-slayer-pinball/page/11?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.