Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Slayer pinball”

• Absolutely Yes 69 votes
      16%
    • Absolutely No 281 votes
      65%
    • Maybe if it is really cool 82 votes
      19%

(432 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180328_210410 (resized).jpg
    SternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpg
    Slayer (resized).JPG
    541815754 (resized).jpg
    jimmyfalllon (resized).jpg
    trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    heightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).png
    c346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3789 (resized).PNG
    img615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpg
    CIEapDW (resized).jpg
    IMG_3905 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3771 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3773 (resized).PNG
    There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 6 years ago

A Nuclear Blast themed pin would be awesome, there's some great bands on that label.
    -Opeth
    -Meshuggah
    -Testament
    -Symphony X

Although if we're gonna talk bands that make sense, I'd LOVE a Rush themed pin. That was the first band that I saw live and really got me into music. Either way, that Blast Beast statue looks cool, I'm sure whatever pin comes out it'll have a cool design!

#452 6 years ago

i had a friend put Slayer music in our walking dead ! folks love it

#453 6 years ago

Mob is getting restless Uncle Gary. Better double time Iron Maiden to satiate the beast.

#454 6 years ago

Screenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).png

#455 6 years ago

Slayer would be sweet, but Iron Maiden would really shine, especially if they could get Derek Riggs to get involved in the artwork!

Pic of myself and friend after interviewing Kerry King of Slayer on Mayhem tour. \m/

10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg

#456 6 years ago

Sure looks like a tip towards Slayer right there.
    Slayer doesn't make that much sense from a business perspective for Stern so I'm thinking it's a retheme in collaboration with Nuclear Blast à la PBR Can Crusher.
    Maiden would make more sense from a business perspective as they're a much higher profile, classic theme. My guess is both will happen but Maiden is an actual Stern licensed machine.

#457 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kharris:

never really listened to slayer in my teens and after watching a video that was posted on here I know why. The music wasn't bad but the vocals were like hot garbage. So if this game does go into production please leave out the vocals

Way back when my taste in music was stupid I hated Slayer, then I wised up... on and on south of heaven!

I also hated Opeth, Emperor, and Clutch. Teenagers are dumb.

#458 6 years ago

Kerry and Jeff gave me tinnitus at Bogarts in Cinci and it was totally worth it.

#459 6 years ago

Slayer on jimmy fallon?!

#460 6 years ago

Do u mean tonite on NBC on Tonight Show w/ Jimmy Fallon?

#461 6 years ago

Slay who ? Never heard of them .
    The poll about says it also with majority voting NO . Mustnt be a well liked brand or something to get a negative vote like that ?
    Majority rules in this case

#462 6 years ago

I bet Stern (and distribs) could easily sell 1500 Slayer pinball machines worldwide assuming decent playfield layout and gameplay.

Artwork and the songs/music part of the sound package will not be the hard part of doing a Slayer machine.

250 to 500 premium/LEs, and 1000 or more pro models. Don't need to sell 5000+ to consider it a sucess imho.

#463 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I bet Stern (and distribs) could easily sell 1500 Slayer pinball machines worldwide assuming decent playfield layout and gameplay.

No.... This title would not and would bet would have a hard time selling 250-500 only to Slayer fans who have the money to drop on a new machine. No operator with a brain would think this could make money on route, most people cant even name one song they play and would be a disaster for resell as this is not a family friendly game or could be put at a family arcade location.

#464 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

No operator with a brain would think this could make money on route, most people cant even name one song they play and would be a disaster for resell as this is not a family friendly game or could be put at a family arcade location.

I know you are smart enough to know that this theme can work in many bars, bar-n-grill type places.
    There are thousands of bars in the USA and worldwide. Not saying it would work in every bar.
    Yes, I realize this theme doesn't work at Chucky Cheese type place, or at a home of people raising kids.
    There are millions of homes world wide that are currently not raising young kids.

Clarification: I'm not planning to buy a Slayer pin if it ever comes out, but I would play it on location, or at a pinball festival/expo.

#465 6 years ago

I would,
    Sssssllllllaaaaaaayyyyyyeeeeerrrrrrr!!!!

#466 6 years ago

I would operate the HELL outta slayer. So would several of my operator friends. Slayer gets a lot of play on my jukeboxes, so why wouldn't I operate one?

People talk about making a Beatles or Jackson pin.... ummm talk about zero interest as an operator. My jukeboxes get like zero Beatles play. And very little Jackson. Plus I couldn't imagine trying to convince my locations that the MolestorLE is good for their business.

#467 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cruster:

I would operate the HELL outta slayer. So would several of my operator friends. Slayer gets a lot of play on my jukeboxes, so why wouldn't I operate one?
    People talk about making a Beatles or Jackson pin.... ummm talk about zero interest as an operator. My jukeboxes get like zero Beatles play. And very little Jackson. Plus I couldn't imagine trying to convince my locations that the MolestorLE is good for their business.

Well said. Slayer is relevant to many metal heads in the 80's era. Being how this is one of Sterns best demographic for middle aged men that can afford pinball machines this day, I would say Slayer would sell pretty well. The only other band I would want more than Slayer would be Megadeth. Go ahead Stern, talk to Dave Mustaine and make it happen.

#469 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Well, you clearly are Wakky if you indeed have never heard of Slayer. Even if you're not a fan, the intensity of the music would make for good pinball. I mean, if Dude looks like a lady can work, than anything can.

#470 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Well, you clearly are Wakky if you indeed have never heard of Slayer. Even if you're not a fan, the intensity of the music would make for good pinball. I mean, if Dude looks like a lady can work, than anything can.

No need for the personal attack d head

#471 6 years ago

That wasn't a personal attack you fucking pansy.
    That ^^ was.

#472 6 years ago

Go back to boot scootin yer way to shitty music ya fm dial breather.

#473 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

The poll about says it also with majority voting NO . Mustnt be a well liked brand or something to get a negative vote like that ?

Sorry gramps, maybe we should've included an option for Toby Keith, huh?

#474 6 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Sorry gramps, maybe we should've included an option for Toby Keith, huh?

Name calling now ? Sorry young F wit crawl back into your own hole

#475 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

That wasn't a personal attack you fucking pansy.
    That ^^ was.

Cursing now ? Just shows your low IQ in your communication skills

#476 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Followed by...

Quoted from Wakky:

Low IQ on proud display ya fucking pansy.

#477 6 years ago

C'mon Slim Scabies I'm sure yer dressed like Pat Benatar so hit me with yer best shot. Fuckin pansy.

#478 6 years ago

Seriously there is no need for these personal attacks on here. Its really not warranted and seems no one can have an opinion without being abused .
    Never heard of the slayer thing so i should not be attacked for it. People should play nice on here and respect other peoples opinions or statements without the agression .
    Get a life if this place makes you feel like a keyboard warrior or agressive in any nature then this place is not for you. Pinball is meant to be fun. .

#479 6 years ago

Never thought I would say this...Abe Vigoda you can fuck off too.
    Smakky you started the personal attacks:

Quoted from Wakky:

If you're not a fan that's fine. Stfu and move along.

#480 6 years ago

FUCKIN SLAYER you pussies.

#481 6 years ago

Yes, I remember my first beer. Age 14 while listening to that crap band Slayer.

#482 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

FUCKIN SLAYER you pussies.
    » YouTube video

Slayer should practice what they preach. Then we would be rid of them.

#483 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

You say you've never heard of them yet you posted in this thread 38 days ago . 38 days is plenty of time to read through this thread , google them whatever . By now you should at least know who they are and what their music sounds like . If it is not the type of music you are into , that's fine this type of music is not for everyone but you can stop with the slay what , slay who nonsense . Clearly you know who they are but just don't care for them , and that is fine . You could simply say I don't like them or their music and would not buy a slayer themed pinball machine and then drain this thread or whatever . Seems as though you are trying to provoke people at this point.

#484 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Hahaha ok dude

#485 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpal:

Slayer should practice what they preach. Then we would be rid of them.

You're not a very nice pinball pal.

#486 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Yes, I remember my first beer. Age 14 while listening to that crap band Slayer.

The dreaded "1st beer" comeback. Owie.

#487 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Actually, new studies suggest people who curse are MORE intelligent... fu€kin crazy huh?

#488 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Quoted from Wakky:

Quoted from Wakky:

Have your tickets ready or show your wristband to ride the Wakky Trollercoaster.
    You must be 54" tall to ride this ride.

heightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpgheightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    trollercoaster (resized).jpgtrollercoaster (resized).jpg

#489 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Have your tickets ready or show your wristband to ride the Wakky Trollercoaster.
    You must be 54" tall to ride this ride.

I love the trollercoaster.

#490 6 years ago

FM dial breather.
    Patent pending.

#491 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Not meant to be a personal attack. Your pinside name is Wakky and I called you "Wacky" in an attempt at light humor. I made a similar post earlier in this thread about the fact that someone who had never heard of Slayer was by default a bad person. Not meant to be taken seriously. If it was true that you had never heard of Slayer, I'm guessing you googled them before posting in this thread titled "New Slayer Pinball". I was just responding to your trollish attempt at ignorance.

Quoted from Wakky:

Seriously there is no need for these personal attacks on here. Its really not warranted and seems no one can have an opinion without being abused .

Ok man. really.

Quoted from Wakky:

So it's ok to call someone a d head or F wit and get a pass as if we are children who cannot decipher being called a dickhead or fuckwit? Then insult someone's IQ. Pot meet kettle.

Quoted from Wakky:

#492 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Kerry and Jeff gave me tinnitus at Bogarts in Cinci and it was totally worth it.

Yep.. seen them many times at bogarts.. talk about craziness... in a good way!

#493 6 years ago

Ssssslllllllwakkyisadoucheaaaayyyeeeeerrrrrr!!!!!

#494 6 years ago

Ever since I started learning guitar earlier this year, I've developed an immense appreciation for how technical and awesome metal guitarists are, Slayer included.

Not my favorite music, but damn can they play.

#495 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Who or what is a slayer ? Never heard of them

Quoted from Wakky:

On the first one, I'm pretty sure you were full of shit and just trolling. I KNOW you were full of shit and trolling on the second one. WTF dude?

#496 6 years ago

I need a Slayer pin.

#497 6 years ago

Can you guys imagine the faces of the giggling, douchebag audience (one that would actually sit through a Jimmy Fallon show), when Slayer took the stage?

They should have had a split screen with crowd reaction shots.

They probably had to chain the exits.

jimmyfalllon (resized).jpgjimmyfalllon (resized).jpg

#498 6 years ago

The girl on the chair next to Jimmy Fallon seemed excited to see Slayer.

#499 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

The girl on the chair next to Jimmy Fallon seemed excited to see Slayer.

You know an old broad like that was a Slayer groupie back in the 80s.

"I hope they don't recognize me in my clean clothes....."

541815754 (resized).jpg541815754 (resized).jpg

#500 6 years ago

Lost in all this is how a "New Stern Slayer Pinball" ain't happening.

Anyway, WTF is a "FM dial breather"? What does it mean? How does it make any sense? How is that even an insult? Guess I have to wait until after the eject to find out.

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-slayer-pinball/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.