(Topic ID: 227501)

New Stern Shooter assembly, Screws not fitting?

By sk8ersublime

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I just bought a replacement shooter assembly for my South park machine from Pinball Life. When I went to install the shooter, the screws currently holding on my old shooter assembly do not fit the holes of the new one. The screws look like they are original and the part number on the back of the new assembly is the same as my old one. Anyone else have this problem before?

#2 5 years ago

Just got a reply from Pinball life. It doesnt have threads and is self tapping. Just wanted to update. Ill have to crank it and see if i can get it to work.

#3 5 years ago

Yes , Stern recently started selling the shooter housing , non threaded. There are only about 2 or 3 threads in it . I bought a tap and die set from home depot to fix the problem. Kind of a pain in the ass. Why are they not fully threaded ??? Why ?

3 years later
#4 2 years ago

I just purchased original stern Deadpool and GOTG shooters and both arrived unthreaded, is this standard on stern shooters? Are they supposed to be self tapping and should I force the old screws in to the new housing?

4 months later
#5 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

I just purchased original stern Deadpool and GOTG shooters and both arrived unthreaded, is this standard on stern shooters? Are they supposed to be self tapping and should I force the old screws in to the new housing?

That’s what I ended up doing. Just forced the screws in. No issues since

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, WA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-shooter-assembly-screws-not-fitting?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.