EHOH ba connector rear (resized).JPG
EHOH ba wiring (resized).JPG
EHOH front door ba cutout (resized).JPG
th (resized).jpg
DBA CN9 SPIKE 2 (resized).jpg
9 pin connection (resized).jpg
IMG_0706 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0705 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanbrooks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

What the heck is a "PayRange" dollar bill acceptor? I've never heard of them.

We were going to try them on some cigarette machines and a few pins, but their CC fee is high. Plus, I feel customers would be confused by having to use the Payrange app. Payrange had a big presence at AMOA Expo and IAAPA a few years ago and I haven’t seen anything of them since.

I’ve been tempted to put a credit card reader on a pinball and see what happens. I know which location to try it. I’ve just been reluctant because I’m just tired of the extra fees and bookkeeping and bullshit. Between Looneytunes (y’all know em as Touchtunes), AMI, Incredible Technologies, and USA Technologies (the brand of credit card reader we use), it’s a bookkeeping nightmare. No wonder my account is so wealthy! I pay him all my damned money to decipher all these monthly statements!

2 years later
#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I went through these posts and still couldn't get my Mars 2411 to work on Deadpool. I finally looked up the manual and set the switches as it says 3,7,8 off. The rest on and it worked for me. Maybe this will help someone.
[quoted image]

Why are you using a Rowe document to set dip switches in a Stern Pin?

There’s a decal on the side of the DBA where the switches are that indicate what the switches do. Set them to 4 way accept, hi accept, and always enable. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but I think you want one pulse per dollar. On a 24xx, accept $5’s. On a 26xx, accept $20’s. If you accept $10’s and $20’s, make sure the max credits allowed by the machine is 30 or so, otherwise you’ll have a service call because someone put in a $20 and only got 10 credits (assuming you’re at $1/play.)

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I don't know but it didn't work with 8 on. Works as described above. Not sure.

what’s the decal say switch 8 does?

1 year later
#86 8 months ago
Quoted from spblat:

Thank you. Now that my AC cables have arrived my VN2511 is starting up but blinking red twice. This, I believe, means that because it's designed for vending machines ("VN"), it's waiting for a signal from the machine that it's ok to accept money. We don't want this in an amusement machine so yet another cable is needed, an enable jumper with original part number 250074011. Man has this been a journey.
[quoted image]
Hopefully the cable I just bought on eBay pictured above has a key on the opposite side to confirm orientation. Here's another picture from elsewhere that provides a nice clue—
[quoted image]
A few posts down from the link above, Ken Layton (who has also helped us in this very thread) posted some handy information for making one's own enable plug, but you can see that it's not jumpering as many wires as what I just bought—

Summarizing newbie tips for installing a bill acceptor/bill stacker in spike2 games—

VN2511 is one of several acceptors that can be found on eBay at reasonable prices used (mine was $157 shipped)
Don't forget the harness to get from the 9 pin connector in the game to the header on the stacker. Mine was another $15 shipped, "MEI Mars VN 2511 110 Volt Pulse Bill Validator/Bill Acceptor Power Harness"
Don't forget the AC cable, which you can get from Stern. One end goes to a plug behind the panel containing the main fuse in the backbox and the other end is tucked away near the coin door.
Don't forget to make or buy an enable jumper if you bought a "VN" stacker made for vending machines, part number 250074011 or 5797-13606-00. Mine was $15 shipped.
"1 way", "2 way" and "4 way" refer to whether the stacker makes you feed bills in a certain way, or whether any orientation is permitted.
Maybe 50ms timing will work but the slower 200ms timing is probably better for a game looking for coin drops.

If I don't post again in a few weeks then it means I finally won

Moving forward, don’t buy VN validators, but rather look for the AE series. These are amusement interface. Really, they’re the same, just a bit different software installed. You won’t need the harness enable jumper that you’re having to use.

Also, a few things to remember-make sure you get a bill stacker which will clear the playfield (200 note-anything larger and the coin door won’t shut) and make sure you get a bezel which clears the contours of the the coin door or else you’re taking a hacksaw or angle grinder to the bezel. I’ll try to post some pics of which one fits and which doesn’t. No one wants to hear this, but the way the new Happ coin doors are, we’ve had to trim a bunch of DBA bezels to fit just because I didn’t see any reason to order 100 bezels.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanbrooks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-pins-bill-validators?tu=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.