New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 275217)

new stern pinballs on Amazon

By wendyb

75 days ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 75 days ago by ovfdfireman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 75 days ago

Hi I was browsing amazon for all things pinball and saw some new Stern machines, they have an option for a protection plan thats says"No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase." that sounds pretty good! plus, no shipping charges with prime, What do you think of this? there are several new machines listed, do you think this would be better than buying from a dealer?

#2 75 days ago

Wow! The coverage of that warranty is the best I have ever seen. A dealer wouldn’t want to compete with that warranty as they couldn’t make any money based upon the 3 year repair experience of the latest Sterns.

I wonder how the insurance company gets out honoring this warranty?

#3 75 days ago

Wonder if they only sell the "home" models?

#4 75 days ago

About a year ago they had pros and premiums. Havent checked recently

#5 75 days ago

Rule of thumb: anything that sounds too good to be true IS.

#6 75 days ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Wonder if they only sell the "home" models?

as I am new to pins, i dont know what the "home" models are, they have the "Beatles Gold Model", "Stranger things Pro". "stranger things Premium', "Black Knight Premium",I just saw the great service inusrance policy and free shipping, thought I would mention it, cheers

#7 75 days ago
Quoted from wendyb:

as I am new to pins, i dont know what the "home" models are, they have the "Beatles Gold Model", "Stranger things Pro". "stranger things Premium', "Black Knight Premium",I just saw the great service inusrance policy and free shipping, thought I would mention it, cheers

Cheaper pins aimed at home
Market/non pin heads. Check stern website for star wars “the pin”.

#8 75 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Cheaper pins aimed at home
Market/non pin heads. Check stern website for star wars “the pin”.

Lol you can find it under “affordable home game”... for $4k

#9 75 days ago

Decide which pin you want first of all. Do a little research. Use a good Stern distributor.

Make some calls for prices and availability once you are sure of what you want.

Whatever warranty you mentioned in the amazon deal is an add on with whatever costs - have some doubts how it would work or turn out if you had to exercise it. " Drops, spills and cracked screens " sounds like a warranty for a handheld device like a video game or phone.... I wouldn't put much faith in the proposed warranty. Exercise caution before you make any purchase. Good Luck.

#10 75 days ago
Quoted from wendyb:

Many authorized dealers including myself offer shipping deals on certain Stern titles. You will find most dealers are priced the same as Amazon.

The Stern factory warranty is included with any new Stern, and authorized dealers/service centers are going to be your best bet for support. If you want full service, I would strongly encourage you to purchase from a LOCAL dealer. Or at least an authorized dealer that can help you find a technician for future repairs and support. Pinball machines do require repairs, and regular maintenance.

Amazon extended warranty is offered by Asurion. I would encourage you to search “Asurion reviews” or to Yelp them.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 7,999.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside