Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by SKILL_SHOT
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-764.jpg
    Box.jpg
    th.jpeg
    index.jpg
    CAM00201.jpg
    Johnny.png
    photo(34).JPG
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Fill them with 300lbs of crap and sell them as NIB machines on eBay......then skip the country

i think they already do that but they stay in the country...

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

Whatever dude. Still seems like a snake move for this guy to try and sell these things, especially when they are "pick up only". Does he really think there are 8 pinsiders near him that are seeking empty boxes for shipping. Doubt it. I just know that if a pinsider or pin lover near me needed a box, they would get it for nothing.
    Bought four pins myself this year, two NIB. This is very bad advertising in my opinion. Would be the last place I would call for a quote on a pin based on trying to hawk used cardboard on pinside. Bet Game Doc didn't try and do that move.

LOL!

If someone wants one they'll buy it. I don't know these guys and I live 3,000 miles away. I don't need them. Just trying to shed some insight on why they have value to some people.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

But it's too dark to see inside it.
    I keeeeed
    rd

...and it's four more boxes than JJP shipped the month of December.

I keeed too.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Yes you do. But since it's an XMen LE box, it's probably only worth $30 now.

Lol! After playing for a bit now I really love this game and hope you can find one to replace it with one you like equally as well. Forgot to thank you for a great transaction! Thanks again! And if you ever get over my way be sure and call ahead so we can play some pins!

#55 10 years ago

Are these boxes really new? They look used. In very good condition, but appear to have been used.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I wonder how much my JJP one is worth?
    hmmmmm

You could sell your box's place in line.

#57 10 years ago

I can't believe this post has two pages on it, love the responses thou, too funny...

#58 10 years ago

refrigerator boxes! appliance stores just throw them away and they have slide in corner reinforcements.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Are these boxes really new? They look used. In very good condition, but appear to have been used.

No doubt! We definitely need some shooter lane pics.

#60 10 years ago

"Day's of our Pinside Lives"... I hate the cliffhangers...

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

Whatever dude. Still seems like a snake move for this guy to try and sell these things, especially when they are "pick up only". Does he really think there are 8 pinsiders near him that are seeking empty boxes for shipping. Doubt it. I just know that if a pinsider or pin lover near me needed a box, they would get it for nothing.
    Bought four pins myself this year, two NIB. This is very bad advertising in my opinion. Would be the last place I would call for a quote on a pin based on trying to hawk used cardboard on pinside. Bet Game Doc didn't try and do that move.

Whaaaaat? How is it a snake move to sell something? If you don't need it move on. There are more than 8 pinsiders in the NYC area and I bought pins from Kevin, he is good people. CPR sells boxes why not rip on them Ralph Nader. He has rent and is doing his thing. Call game doc and keep buying all those pins.

#62 10 years ago

gotta come up with rent myself. selling these babies for 5$ each. paypal as a gift please.

index.jpgindex.jpg
    #63 10 years ago

I tend to only purchase boxes that are LE under #100 ,but that's just how I roll.

th.jpegth.jpeg
    #64 10 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I tend to only purchase boxes that are LE under #100 ,but that's just how I roll.

i gots rolls!!

#66 10 years ago

When I opened my NIB BK I was offered 250 bucks for the box.
    If I was close to this guy and needed to ship a Stern game I would buy a box from him, a lot cheaper than building a crate.
    I would of course lowball him because of the fade.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

i would say most guys from jersey would not give a rats ass if kevin is selling these things. we dont want it we dont buy it. simple stuff really. and i would by from kevin in a heartbeat. he has a very good reputation around here. doubt many will look at this in any light , never mind a bad one.

#68 10 years ago

$40 each or 8 for $300.

#69 10 years ago

PR Shazam.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from CLASSICPINBALL:

We have about 8 stern pinball boxes w/ packing materials. 40 each. pickup only.
    [email protected] or text 973-345-3944. Located in zip 07424 North NJ

photo(34).JPG 220 KB

meh...Metallica, Star Trek and Avengers. Do you have an IM or Shrek box?

#71 10 years ago

is the code complete?

#72 10 years ago

Stern has the best built, highest quality shipping boxes at this time. No pre-payment necessary. Vendors can add an "LE" stamp if desired.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

When I opened my NIB BK I was offered 250 bucks for the box.
    If I was close to this guy and needed to ship a Stern game I would buy a box from him, a lot cheaper than building a crate.
    I would of course lowball him because of the fade.

Who builds a crate? Just throw a blanket over it and call NAVL

#74 10 years ago

I need to pick one of theses up. I could sell mine and buy bigger.
    Box.jpgBox.jpg

#75 10 years ago

I wonder if package tape would be included in the bargain

#77 10 years ago

Do you have a Shasta box to go with that?

#78 10 years ago

But seriously... Last year I contacted Martin-Logan to see what it would cost to buy a new box and foam inserts for my Stage center channel speaker. It is about one-fourth the size of a pinball box, at most. They wanted something like a hundred bucks for it. No thanks.

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

But seriously... Last year I contacted Martin-Logan to see what it would cost to buy a new box and foam inserts for my Stage center channel speaker. It is about one-fourth the size of a pinball box, at most. They wanted something like a hundred bucks for it. No thanks.

Yep. HP charges $50 for a printer box if you threw yours away before your warranty expired.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

There are more than 8 pinsiders in the NYC area and I bought pins from Kevin, he is good people.

Yes, Kevin is a class act all the way, let's not forget that. (but some of the jokes ARE funny)

#81 10 years ago

You guys all joke but I bet the copper staples that Stern uses are worth at least a buck! Maybe $2!

#82 10 years ago

Do these empty boxes contain pinball machines?

I love when you read a sales flyer for something like a smartphone case for like $10 and in small print it says "Smartphone not included"
    Gee, I thought the Stern box came with a machine for $40.
    Rip off!

Untitled-764.jpgUntitled-764.jpg

#83 10 years ago

One man's trash is another man's 40 bucks.

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

You guys all joke but I bet the copper staples that Stern uses are worth at least a buck! Maybe $2!

Steel staples with a copper clad finish. Magnets pick them up.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Steel staples with a copper clad finish. Magnets pick them up.

Rats... I was thinking I had copper like 1982 and before pennies

#86 10 years ago

A person could at least stand back and stare at the boxes. This may be as cheap as NIB gets!

#87 10 years ago

Does a real pinball machine fit in it or only Stern made toys?

#89 10 years ago

Actually, I know Stern sells them brand new at the factory for $50. This isn't unheard of.

#90 10 years ago

I might be interested but I need better pics first. I think I saw a small tear in one of the corners, is this right? Could you deliver it to me for a total of $21?

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nemesis:

Does a real pinball machine fit in it or only Stern made toys?

I just had a Monster Bash delivered in a Transformers box. Fit like a dream!

#92 10 years ago

That funny ,I just brought home a MB in a Metallica box

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

I believe he's selling them as NB (new box, as opposed to new in box). But remember, once you buy one it immediately becomes a HUO box and drops 25% in value.

#94 10 years ago

I have to admit that $40 didn't seem unreasonable.

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cruzin1a:

It's not.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from Cruzin1a:

Yeah if I was getting ready to ship a pin or move a nicely restored one and I lived close to him I would consider it. $40 beats dumpster diving for cardboard all over town. Luckily I have friends around me that go through a lot of new games and are more than willing to just hand the boxes over!

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from Joshmx19:

I might be interested but I need better pics first. I think I saw a small tear in one of the corners, is this right? Could you deliver it to me for a total of $21?

If i had known i would picked it up,as i was down their earlier this week.

#98 10 years ago

Hey wait didn't this op get a nice CC for like $1900 last year? Mind changed, boxes should be free.

#99 10 years ago

I bought my METLE from Kevin -- stand up guy and I would not hesitate to purchase from him again. He asked if I wanted the box before delivering, setting up and installing 1.22 at no charge. I hope he gets the $40 for my box to offset what he could have charged to deliver and setup. Nothing wrong with being opportunistic here IMO.

Good luck to whoever picks up my METLE #459 box!

#100 10 years ago

Coming from someone that pays about $2 for a little 10"x8"x4" box to ship small collectibles (that's me...), $40 for a giant box to ship a large item seems like an obvious "yes".

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-pinball-empty-boxes-for-sale-w-packing-materials-in-nj/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.