5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SKILL_SHOT
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled-764.jpg
    Box.jpg
    th.jpeg
    index.jpg
    CAM00201.jpg
    Johnny.png
    photo(34).JPG

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 5 years ago

We have about 8 stern pinball boxes w/ packing materials. 40 each. pickup only.
    kevin@classicpinball.com or text 973-345-3944. Located in zip 07424 North NJ

photo(34).JPG

#2 5 years ago

Is this serious?

#3 5 years ago

Should this read, anybody thats wants one come and get one.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

Is this serious?

Absolutely. If you have to ship a game there is no better way to do so than to pack it in a pinball box and strap it to a pallet. Other than building a crate of course which most people are not willing to do.

#5 5 years ago

$10,000 by Easter.

#6 5 years ago

Too bad it is pickup only then.

#7 5 years ago

Wish I was closer! (not!)

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Absolutely. If you have to ship a game there is no better way to do so than to pack it in a pinball box and strap it to a pallet. Other than building a crate of course which most people are not willing to do.

Yeah, but $40 a box??

#9 5 years ago

how much for the pallet? 100$

#10 5 years ago

He is just looking to sell his garbage. He should give them away.

#11 5 years ago

Johnny what can you make from this?

This? Why, I can make a hat or a brooch or a pterodactyl...

Johnny.png
    #12 5 years ago

i should get all 8 for my son..he would love it

CAM00201.jpg
    #13 5 years ago

i will look these guys up when buying a new machine! great marketing

#14 5 years ago

I will take all of the boxes................................to the recycling plant.

#15 5 years ago

wow. just threw 4 in the dumpster Friday. My loss.....

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

i should get all 8 for my son..he would love it

CAM00201.jpg 173 KB

We all aspired to be homeless people when we were kids until the box our parents gave us to play in got rained on.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

Yeah, but $40 a box??

The Game Doc locally used to sell new pinball boxes that they had made for $50 so I'd say yeah. It's worth it. If I was buying a game that had to be shipped I'd pay an extra $40 If necessary for a box rather than take my chances with a few blankets and stretch wrap. Now if the seller already had the box in his possession he should throw it in for free. That's what I do when I sell a game. It's a perk from buying a game from me. Free box, no charge.

#18 5 years ago

The homeless from "This Old Box" on SNL could build a Condo complex with them. All they need are eight jars (with lids) for the toilets.

In all seriousness, those have fetched $50 apiece on fleabay in the past.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Should this read, anybody thats wants one come and get one.

Agree, if anyone in Cleveland needs a box, PM me and come get one for free

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

how much for the pallet? 100$

Do you think this stuff is free?

Stern charges $50 for a pallet that they probably buy for $25. That is what they told me when I picked up my STLE last month. Cardboard is also expensive. I buy boxes for our company. I would guess that Stern pays at least $10 to $15 per box including packing materials.

#21 5 years ago

If I was in a situation where I needed to ship a pin, I would be more than happy to pay an extra $40 to make sure it was safe and secure. It's not something you would want to stock up on, but it would be nice if you needed one right then and there.

#22 5 years ago

I wonder how much my JJP one is worth?

hmmmmm

#23 5 years ago

yeah i pay my daughters boyfriend 10$ for destroying the boxes and putting in the recycling bin.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

yeah i pay my daughters boyfriend 10$ for destroying the boxes and putting in the recycling bin.

And ClassicPinball will pay their shipping guy $10 to talk to you when you arrive to pick up your Stern box.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

her boyfriend sounds like a freeloader

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

her boyfriend sounds like a freeloader

lol he never wants my money but i force him to take it

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

I would guess that Stern pays at least $10 to $15 per box including packing materials.

Just knowing what I pay for the little dinky boxes I ship my translites in I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than that.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

Do you think this stuff is free?
    Stern charges $50 for a pallet that they probably buy for $25. That is what they told me when I picked up my STLE last month. Cardboard is also expensive. I buy boxes for our company. I would guess that Stern pays at least $10 to $15 per box including packing materials.

That is correct. That is all figured in on the cost of a new machine when you buy it.

#29 5 years ago

Why won't they ship?

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Just knowing what I pay for the little dinky boxes I ship my translites in I wouldn't be surprised if it was more than that.

Quoted from MrBally:

In all seriousness, those have fetched $50 apiece on fleabay in the past.

Both the above are true.

Funny enough, one of the things salesmen for Rolex tell you is you can sell the box or the certificate or even the little thing you set the watch on for $$$. I guess pinball is going that way too . . . heck, the prices are almost the exact same.

#31 5 years ago

Yes they are. Sold a pin to buy a Rolex. Getting lured back to the watch world : o

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Both the above are true.
    Funny enough, one of the things salesmen for Rolex tell you is you can sell the box or the certificate or even the little thing you set the watch on for $$$. I guess pinball is going that way too . . . heck, the prices are almost the exact same.

The TAG watch case suede "pillows" are worth a few bucks as well. The fake watches don't come with a pillow. I guess the fraudsters haven't perfected knock-off pillows yet.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Yes they are. Sold a pin to buy a Rolex. Getting lured back to the watch world : o

i'm looking at getting a rolex as well. which model did you get? i'm looking at the ceramic hulk sub myself. also thinking of getting the batman but will have to decide soon which one to commit to.

#35 5 years ago

One of the boxes in my garage says LE, that should be worth at least $60.

#36 5 years ago

The Game Doc locally used to sell new pinball boxes that they had made for $50 so I'd say yeah. It's worth it. If I was buying a game that had to be shipped I'd pay an extra $40 If necessary for a box rather than take my chances with a few blankets and stretch wrap. Now if the seller already had the box in his possession he should throw it in for free. That's what I do when I sell a game. It's a perk from buying a game from me. Free box, no charge.

Whatever dude. Still seems like a snake move for this guy to try and sell these things, especially when they are "pick up only". Does he really think there are 8 pinsiders near him that are seeking empty boxes for shipping. Doubt it. I just know that if a pinsider or pin lover near me needed a box, they would get it for nothing.

Bought four pins myself this year, two NIB. This is very bad advertising in my opinion. Would be the last place I would call for a quote on a pin based on trying to hawk used cardboard on pinside. Bet Game Doc didn't try and do that move.

#37 5 years ago

JJP box is clearcoated!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

One of the boxes in my garage says LE, that should be worth at least $60.

I think I might have the LE that was originally in that box . Raise it to $100 and we'll meet up for some beers!

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

JJP box is clearcoated!

Oooooooo! Shiny!

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

JJP box is clearcoated!

But it's too dark to see inside it.

I keeeeed

rd

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

But it's too dark to see inside it.
    I keeeeed
    rd

Heyoooooooo! Lol!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

I wonder how much my JJP one is worth?
    hmmmmm

If you offer a payment plan, you can name your price. Just remember to start with "$XX due NOW".

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from rs812:

I think I might have the LE that was originally in that box . Raise it to $100 and we'll meet up for some beers!

Yes you do. But since it's an XMen LE box, it's probably only worth $30 now.

#44 5 years ago

The jokes are flying thick and fast!

Pinside is on fire!

rd

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

If you offer a payment plan, you can name your price. Just remember to start with "$XX due NOW".

Don't forget to make payments up front for your second box before you have your first one delivered.

rd.

#46 5 years ago

maybe he has so many boxes because the customers didn't want to pay extra for the boxes when they bought nib

#48 5 years ago

I just really thought that Gary´s now releasing the boxes first , then , after some month, the pinball will be shipped seperately and after another year the code will follow .. eventually

#49 5 years ago

I have a JJP invisibox somewhere but I cant find it.

#50 5 years ago

Fill them with 300lbs of crap and sell them as NIB machines on eBay......then skip the country

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside