(Topic ID: 317407)

New Stern NFT title? Escape from the Megaverse?

By Napoleon

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A000E365-8E03-4957-916B-683CB2A27DC3 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220624-063005_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot (61).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
5B2EBF86-D867-4E94-B48D-F503891A3B1E.gif
Screenshot_20220620-223956_Twitter (resized).jpg
6570D39D-BEDD-4A0F-836C-E44C102BCA3C.jpeg
1B2F67A6-1332-433D-A4D4-ED67E6A0CA0D.jpeg
6A274B66-B417-43D6-8A6C-CE7133ECD7D9 (resized).png
3A1A823C-CB8C-42C9-9BF6-9C7F227B7F65 (resized).png
3E047CCF-0D45-4F0C-800B-130AD559C789 (resized).png
62AF9C93-D671-4DCC-B7A4-C27A15D193EC (resized).png
2DCA523B-CE4C-43DF-BBD7-6051640B5992 (resized).png
50EC8C37-927C-4D42-ACDD-5CDA1502A8BB (resized).png
82F234B7-BFB0-4468-B74F-CD85DB342445 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 1 year ago

Something completely physical like a pinball machine is the antithesis to NFT's.

Only thing they have in common is that buyers propably have too much money to spare, wich is why someone thought this is a genius move.

I hate everything about it, this is a complete sellout. Pinball suddenly feels dead to me and I'm not joking.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Cryto and NFT's are not "adding nothing" to the world. They are the evolution of digital assets and finance. It's a generational thing. My dad was very suspicious of debit cards, paying online, etc. He wouldn't participate. Only paper money and bank checks. And his dad probably didn't like paper money no longer being directly backed by gold. And the world of crypto will consume much less energy than the world of physical banking structures.

You are completely wrong top to bottom.

It is not a way of paying your "dollar", it's a purely speculative worth that can crash down to zero in an instant.
It is an addition and it consumes more energy then a lot of smaller countries and is allready a big environtental problem.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Take it to the ponzi scheme thread.

Deeproot thread still open?

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Hyperbole much? It's a limited run to a niche audience. Basically what Stern does roughly once a year with their home pin layout.

Of course you are correct, this is what Stern does.

But again, when I say NFT's are the antitheis to pinball. What I mean by that:

One thing is purely digital, basically only a link. It has a picture connected to it (that can be copied) and it's worth is purely speculative and there is basically nothing you can do with it other then speculate.

The other thing is a mainly physical machine. You get a fully functional thing in itself wich, while also having a speculative worth, will at least allways have the worth of the sum of it's parts, you can still play it and it can't be copied.

These two "markets" shouldn't collide... it's not right! XD

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I've already turned all my machines into NFTs.
Now that I've done that, I have full ownership rights to my machines, and no one else can own them unless they buy them directly from me.

No need to own them, just have them. I‘ll just right click and „save as“.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

This joke gets posted every time someone wants to ridicule a theme, but if we're talking Lauren Faust's Friendship is Magic era of MLP, that show is stellar! I watched a bunch of it with my kids when they were little and it's better than any cartoon I grew up on.
In the Pinside top 100, I count 62 licensed themes, and IMO only 15 or so come from source material that's as good or better than the theme that we use as our mane go-to joke.
So, yes, I 100% unironically agree, My Little Pony would be better

I‘d be in. (Cornerstone+)

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Of course for most of the Pinball community - Pinball is Mad Money and who gives a F

If pinball prices would crash down back to zero I'd still have my games to enjoy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-nft-title-escape-from-the-megaverse?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.