(Topic ID: 317407)

New Stern NFT title? Escape from the Megaverse?

By Napoleon

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A000E365-8E03-4957-916B-683CB2A27DC3 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220624-063005_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot (61).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
5B2EBF86-D867-4E94-B48D-F503891A3B1E.gif
Screenshot_20220620-223956_Twitter (resized).jpg
6570D39D-BEDD-4A0F-836C-E44C102BCA3C.jpeg
1B2F67A6-1332-433D-A4D4-ED67E6A0CA0D.jpeg
6A274B66-B417-43D6-8A6C-CE7133ECD7D9 (resized).png
3A1A823C-CB8C-42C9-9BF6-9C7F227B7F65 (resized).png
3E047CCF-0D45-4F0C-800B-130AD559C789 (resized).png
62AF9C93-D671-4DCC-B7A4-C27A15D193EC (resized).png
2DCA523B-CE4C-43DF-BBD7-6051640B5992 (resized).png
50EC8C37-927C-4D42-ACDD-5CDA1502A8BB (resized).png
82F234B7-BFB0-4468-B74F-CD85DB342445 (resized).png
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago

Probably a better investment than crypto or NFTs, but that's not saying much.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from stumptown:

Probably a better investment than crypto or NFTs, but that's not saying much.

Bitcoin has been through some pretty big dips. I’m not worried, and not selling.

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

oh no...BTC down to 20k... darn it...I remember not too long ago 20k was the all time high. Great time to buy.

Please.. it was around 5000 in 2020 remember and that is the last projection I read.

Current thought is market is headed back to pre fed stimulus numbers which makes sense if you think about it.

Dow should end up under 20k also.

Buying the dip would mean under 5k.

#104 1 year ago

Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Please.. it was around 5000 in 2020 remember and that is the last projection I read.
Current thought is market is headed back to pre fed stimulus numbers which makes sense if you think about it.
Dow should end up under 20k also.

These Silicon Valley babies can play with someone else's money.

Screenshot_20220624-063005_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220624-063005_Chrome (resized).jpg
#105 1 year ago

Crypto is a sham. Good luck with it.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just saw this pop up on Youtube (Eminem/Snoop posted an hour ago)...

Video definitely has "pharma bro buys Wu-Tang album" energy.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Of all the pins to be commissioned. My Little Pony would have been better.

This joke gets posted every time someone wants to ridicule a theme, but if we're talking Lauren Faust's Friendship is Magic era of MLP, that show is stellar! I watched a bunch of it with my kids when they were little and it's better than any cartoon I grew up on.

In the Pinside top 100, I count 62 licensed themes, and IMO only 15 or so come from source material that's as good or better than the theme that we use as our mane go-to joke.

So, yes, I 100% unironically agree, My Little Pony would be better

#108 1 year ago

lol

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

This joke gets posted every time someone wants to ridicule a theme, but if we're talking Lauren Faust's Friendship is Magic era of MLP, that show is stellar! I watched a bunch of it with my kids when they were little and it's better than any cartoon I grew up on.
In the Pinside top 100, I count 62 licensed themes, and IMO only 15 or so come from source material that's as good or better than the theme that we use as our mane go-to joke.
So, yes, I 100% unironically agree, My Little Pony would be better

I‘d be in. (Cornerstone+)

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Crypto is a sham. Good luck with it.

It's not a sham but it's in desperate need of structure and some regulation.

#111 1 year ago

So you pay in Bitcoin not quarters to play, right?

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's not a sham but it's in desperate need of structure and some regulation.

I was buying Hot Sauce, Ghost Pepper chips and Cat 5 cables with Bitcoin back in 2011 with bitcoin. I got in very early I had a lot of coin and fortunately had managed to hold onto a few. None of my friends ever dreamed that it would be what it is today. It was novelty to some extent with some early adapter believers who gambled big.. The reason it succeeded was because of lack of regulation and structure and dark web. Government cracked down on dark web but still lots of grey money in it and big money for now.. It is worth 20k only because of belief and marketing.

Kind of like Pinball it's only worth what people will pay for it.

Is this game just a Theme and shallow as the NFTs it is marketing.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

It is worth 20k only because of belief and marketing.

As Bloomberg mentioned today...

the smart money is already out, everyone else will likely just keep riding it to the bottom as support collapses.

Same shit happened in the .com market and history always repeats itself.

Like any form of gambling the house always wins and the people who can least afford to get plowed usually do.

#114 1 year ago

As Bloomberg mentioned today...
the smart money is already out, everyone else will likely just keep riding it to the bottom as support collapses.
Same shit happened in the .com market and history always repeats itself.
Like any form of gambling the house always wins and the people who can least afford to get plowed usually do.

Like the .com market I would take 19 pets.com for 1 eBay or Amazon.

#115 1 year ago

This quote from Bloomberg

"The seeds that spawned the meltdown — greed, overuse of leverage, a dogmatic belief in “number go up” — aren’t anything new. They’ve been present when virtually every other asset bubble popped"

Of course for most of the Pinball community - Pinball is Mad Money and who gives a F

#116 1 year ago

Of course for most of the Pinball community - Pinball is Mad Money and who gives a F

If pinball prices would crash down back to zero I'd still have my games to enjoy.

#117 1 year ago

I was buying Hot Sauce, Ghost Pepper chips and Cat 5 cables with Bitcoin back in 2011 with bitcoin. I got in very early I had a lot of coin and fortunately had managed to hold onto a few. None of my friends ever dreamed that it would be what it is today. It was novelty to some extent with some early adapter believers who gambled big.. The reason it succeeded was because of lack of regulation and structure and dark web. Government cracked down on dark web but still lots of grey money in it and big money for now.. It is worth 20k only because of belief and marketing.

Bitcoin was not intended to become a speculative trading tool though, it was billed as a digital currency.

If it and other coins ever want to be taken seriously there has to be more structure and oversight or it's just gambling. Even worse if the trading app you're using freezes your account. Like you say, just worth any amount people are willing to pay.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Bitcoin was not intended to become a speculative trading tool though, it was billed as a digital currency.
If it and other coins ever want to be taken seriously there has to be more structure and oversight or it's just gambling. Even worse if the trading app you're using freezes your account. Like you say, just worth any amount people are willing to pay.

Honestly for any crypto you care about you should be using a Ledger or other offline storage device. Thats one of the beautiful things about crypto, nobody can ever freeze your account or shut you down. Don't think that can and will happen with your bank accounts? Its already happening and not just because of "criminal" activity.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Honestly for any crypto you care about you should be using a Ledger or other offline storage device. Thats one of the beautiful things about crypto, nobody can ever freeze your account or shut you down. Don't think that can and will happen with your bank accounts? Its already happening and not just because of "criminal" activity.

Or get into crypto and get completely wiped out in one day pick your poison I guess.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Bank accounts don't get frozen because the bank can't pay out. Criminal activity is a whole other ball game, I'm not into that so no worries!

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Bank accounts don't get frozen because the bank can't pay out. Criminal activity is a whole other ball game, I'm not into that so no worries!

I don't think the Canadian truckers were into criminal activity either, but too bad for them.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't think the Canadian truckers were into criminal activity either, but too bad for them.

I think that was a tiny handful of people and who knows what they were up to.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I think that was a tiny handful of people and who knows what they were up to.

I only downvoted you because one person is too many and you don't just freeze bank accounts like that. No trial no nothing, just take your money put you homeless on the streets. I don't think so that is a horrendous way to think and to accept it.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I only downvoted you because one person is too many and you don't just freeze bank accounts like that. No trial no nothing, just take your money put you homeless on the streets. I don't think so that is a horrendous way to think and to accept it.

I have seen nothing that indicates anyone was left homeless or never got back into their bank accounts. There were several illegitimate "go fund me" campaigns going on at the time also.

I work in the banking and investment industry. Things don't happen for no reason.

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not only that, but a very bad precedent to set and the slipperiest of slopes. Also, while I agree the term "tiny handful" is subjective, 206 people seems like an awful lot to me. You are exactly right though, 1 person is 1 person too many.

Quoted from kool1:

I have seen nothing that indicates anyone was left homeless or never got back into their bank accounts. There were several illegitimate "go fund me" campaigns going on at the time also.
I work in the banking and investment industry. Things don't happen for no reason.

"illegitimate" gofundmes don't lead to frozen bank accounts and the vast majority, if not all, were legit. It was just a political statement by gofundme. Then they went to alternate funding sites which those sites actually got their merchant services revoked and the owners can probably never do online commerce again (without crypto). Also these peoples information all got leaked. Publicly doxed. Again something you wouldn't have to worry about with crypto (for the most part). You might think you're immune to such a thing happening, but you don't know what could change in the future. Is "you said something deemed too naughty on the internet 15 years ago and now your accounts are locked" really that much of a stretch? I personally don't think so, but I sure hope it never comes to that, although we're already seeing it a bit.

Also yes, they did eventually get their accounts back. I'm sure you know most people don't just have enough cash laying around their house to just live life for months while their bank accounts are locked.

#126 1 year ago

Is there a Canadian Trucker NFT now?

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

"illegitimate" gofundmes don't lead to frozen bank accounts and the vast majority, if not all, were legit. It was just a political statement by gofundme. Then they went to alternate funding sites which those sites actually got their merchant services revoked and the owners can probably never do online commerce again (without crypto). Also these peoples information all got leaked. Publicly doxed. Again something you wouldn't have to worry about with crypto (for the most part). You might think you're immune to such a thing happening, but you don't know what could change in the future. Is "you said something deemed too naughty on the internet 15 years ago and now your accounts are locked" really that much of a stretch? I personally don't think so, but I sure hope it never comes to that, although we're already seeing it a bit.
Also yes, they did eventually get their accounts back. I'm sure you know most people don't just have enough cash laying around their house to just live life for months while their bank accounts are locked.

Don't get me wrong - I don't agree with locking of accounts but if there is suspected criminal activity or money laundering, good luck. Regulation in the banking industry is tight.

For the record I always keep substantial cash in the house for pinball and/or emergencies. More for pinball though.

#128 1 year ago
A000E365-8E03-4957-916B-683CB2A27DC3 (resized).jpegA000E365-8E03-4957-916B-683CB2A27DC3 (resized).jpeg
#129 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

For the record I always keep substantial cash in the house for pinball and/or emergencies. More for pinball though.

Cash is king.

#130 1 year ago

I apologize if I got us of tangent.. Guess there is not much info about this title.

I know a dude who sold a couple pins via Bitcoin and lost 20% of that payment due to market fluctuations.
Think he's going come out owing taxes after all is said and done thanks Uncle Scam.

Fun Fun.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:Don't get me wrong - I don't agree with locking of accounts but if there is suspected criminal activity or money laundering, good luck. Regulation in the banking industry is tight.

Yeah you're absolutely right. The money laundering thing is an excuse that actually gets used a lot when they want to close down somebodies merchant services, even if its beyond clear that isn't whats happening. Ask Dick Masterson and his New Project 2 patreon alternative about that.

Most ordinary people don't just keep 10s of thousands of dollars around their house. I keep a little "petty cash" fund locked away in my safe too but it ain't much. If I was locked out of my bank account I'd be screwwwwwed

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-nft-title-escape-from-the-megaverse/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.