(Topic ID: 317407)

New Stern NFT title? Escape from the Megaverse?

By Napoleon

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A000E365-8E03-4957-916B-683CB2A27DC3 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220624-063005_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot (61).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
5B2EBF86-D867-4E94-B48D-F503891A3B1E.gif
Screenshot_20220620-223956_Twitter (resized).jpg
6570D39D-BEDD-4A0F-836C-E44C102BCA3C.jpeg
1B2F67A6-1332-433D-A4D4-ED67E6A0CA0D.jpeg
6A274B66-B417-43D6-8A6C-CE7133ECD7D9 (resized).png
3A1A823C-CB8C-42C9-9BF6-9C7F227B7F65 (resized).png
3E047CCF-0D45-4F0C-800B-130AD559C789 (resized).png
62AF9C93-D671-4DCC-B7A4-C27A15D193EC (resized).png
2DCA523B-CE4C-43DF-BBD7-6051640B5992 (resized).png
50EC8C37-927C-4D42-ACDD-5CDA1502A8BB (resized).png
82F234B7-BFB0-4468-B74F-CD85DB342445 (resized).png

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

They'll certainly be making more than 1...

Oh, it’s stern I’m sure they will. But doesn’t that defeat the purpose of an NFT?

#52 1 year ago

So, I got to play it a little, and chatted with the team as well as the stern employee that was there.

Price is TBA, but it’s going to be way more than it should be, above $9,000 according to one of the guys behind it.
They kept saying it was 75%-80% done.
Machine shot as expected.
Art and design were hit or miss depending upon where you look, even if you’re into the ape aesthetic.
Optional translite will have an ape owners ape for an additional fee, but the generic translite will be included with all machines.
Audio was better than I expected but still needs work.

The team behind the theme kept taking way too much credit for the machine, way over stating what they did. They made it seem as if they designed the entire machine and layout.
It will support insider connected according to the stern employee there.

I doubt it will sell out as fast as they expect, very few at the fest acknowledge it was there or went to check it out.

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I want it. If it’s reasonably priced I’m gonna own it.
I already know I like the layout and I’m a fan of the art package. Make it a small run of games and I’m down.

I think the art package is dope.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

So, I got to play it a little, and chatted with the team as well as the stern employee that was there.
Price is TBA, but it’s going to be way more than it should be, above $9,000 according to one of the guys behind it.
Art and design were hit or miss depending upon where you look, even if you’re into the ape aesthetic.
Optional translite will have an ape owners ape for an additional fee, but the generic translite will be included with all machines.
The team behind the theme kept taking way too much credit for the machine, way over stating what they did. They made it seem as if they designed the entire machine and layout.
I doubt it will sell out as fast as they expect, very few at the fest acknowledge it was there or went to check it out.

Nice MAYC

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

Ape aesthetic, I laffed for real.

Its for richie rich, so whatever id buy it.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I already know I like the layout and I’m a fan of the art package. Make it a small run of games and I’m down.

Bro, let's be honest here...

Is there literally anything under the sun that you WOULDN'T own for at least a week? And don't say Ultraman, because you already did.

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

The team behind the theme kept taking way too much credit for the machine, way over stating what they did.

Oh, you mean like NFT purchasers?

#58 1 year ago

Something completely physical like a pinball machine is the antithesis to NFT's.

Only thing they have in common is that buyers propably have too much money to spare, wich is why someone thought this is a genius move.

I hate everything about it, this is a complete sellout. Pinball suddenly feels dead to me and I'm not joking.

#59 1 year ago

Cryto and NFT's are not "adding nothing" to the world. They are the evolution of digital assets and finance. It's a generational thing. My dad was very suspicious of debit cards, paying online, etc. He wouldn't participate. Only paper money and bank checks. And his dad probably didn't like paper money no longer being directly backed by gold. And the world of crypto will consume much less energy than the world of physical banking structures.

#60 1 year ago

Take it to the ponzi scheme thread.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Cryto and NFT's are not "adding nothing" to the world. They are the evolution of digital assets and finance. It's a generational thing. My dad was very suspicious of debit cards, paying online, etc. He wouldn't participate. Only paper money and bank checks. And his dad probably didn't like paper money no longer being directly backed by gold. And the world of crypto will consume much less energy than the world of physical banking structures.

You are completely wrong top to bottom.

It is not a way of paying your "dollar", it's a purely speculative worth that can crash down to zero in an instant.
It is an addition and it consumes more energy then a lot of smaller countries and is allready a big environtental problem.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Take it to the ponzi scheme thread.

Deeproot thread still open?

#63 1 year ago

Ok, how much? And I don’t mean for this game, I mean how much for Stern to do a run of 10 custom games based on a Pro (not The Pin)?

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, how much? And I don’t mean for this game, I mean how much for Stern to do a run of 10 custom games based on a Pro (not The Pin)?

If you have to ask…

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Narrator: It wasn't.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Crypto will catch on when you start getting airline miles or cash back on your dark web purchases.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I hate everything about it, this is a complete sellout. Pinball suddenly feels dead to me and I'm not joking.

Hyperbole much? It's a limited run to a niche audience. Basically what Stern does roughly once a year with their home pin layout.

#68 1 year ago

NTF pin?

What's next, a pinball based on Adjustable Rate Mortgages?

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This guy was deep root’s #1 ride or die supporter, and that fiasco did nothing to shake his confidence or love of pinball, and he never stopped making excuses for those guys nor did he ever renounce his support for mueller and co.

However a pinball machine actually being produced and sold has rocked his faith in the silver ball.

Odd to say the least!

Like I’ve said before, so many people in pinball prefer fantasy to reality. Some just want what they can never have and despise what they can.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

NTF pin?

Foreclosure multiball..
Hit the bank bash toy to inflate the interest rate...
Get to wizard mode when you foreclose on all properties...

How could that not be fun?

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Foreclosure multiball..
Hit the bank bash toy to inflate the interest rate...
Get to wizard mode when you foreclose on all properties...
How could that not be fun?

You joke but Monopoly is eerily close to this, down to having a bank bash toy!

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I think you should listen to your dad more tbh.

#73 1 year ago

Aah, I'd love me some Monopoly. Very underrated pin, not very suitable for tourneys though.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I think you should listen to your dad more tbh.

The FED is doing a great job!

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Hyperbole much? It's a limited run to a niche audience. Basically what Stern does roughly once a year with their home pin layout.

Of course you are correct, this is what Stern does.

But again, when I say NFT's are the antitheis to pinball. What I mean by that:

One thing is purely digital, basically only a link. It has a picture connected to it (that can be copied) and it's worth is purely speculative and there is basically nothing you can do with it other then speculate.

The other thing is a mainly physical machine. You get a fully functional thing in itself wich, while also having a speculative worth, will at least allways have the worth of the sum of it's parts, you can still play it and it can't be copied.

These two "markets" shouldn't collide... it's not right! XD

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

One thing is purely digital, basically only a link. It has a picture connected to it (that can be copied) and it's worth is purely speculative and there is basically nothing you can do with it other then speculate.
The other thing is a mainly physical machine. You get a fully functional thing in itself wich, while also having a speculative worth, will at least allways have the worth of the sum of it's parts, you can still play it and it can't be copied.

I am not one to claim I am an expert in NFTs but I know enough to understand you are incorrect.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Haha you don’t know what you’re talking about

#78 1 year ago

I've already turned all my machines into NFTs.

Now that I've done that, I have full ownership rights to my machines, and no one else can own them unless they buy them directly from me.

#79 1 year ago

So does anyone have a guess as to how much it would cost someone to have Stern custom theme one of their home models like this?

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So does anyone have a guess as to how much it would cost someone to have Stern custom theme one of their home models like this?

ONE game?

Since we are just guessing here....$40,000?

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is a perfect pin for the current state of pinball. A bunch of suckers overpaying for things that aren't remotely worth the money they're spending, but they keep doing it because other suckers keep paying them more than what they invested originally and everyone thinks it will just keep going up forever and nobody will be left holding the bag.
It's performance art on a meta level.

but when does the supreme version come out? that should make it worth at least 10x more

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I've already turned all my machines into NFTs.
Now that I've done that, I have full ownership rights to my machines, and no one else can own them unless they buy them directly from me.

No need to own them, just have them. I‘ll just right click and „save as“.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

NTF pin?

Maybe they could do a Foreclosure pin and bring back the gobble hole?

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I do not but I would like to hear what happens if you ask (after they stop laughing that is).

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I do not but I would like to hear what happens if you ask (after they stop laughing that is).

The person or people that commissioned this pin have enough disposable income to drop $400k+ on a digital image of an ape. I'm sure Stern will gladly accept that kind of money and give you one of whatever you want.

#86 1 year ago

I gave up my Toy Story CE. Apparently that’s where I draw the line, but you have a point.

Quoted from Frax:

Bro, let's be honest here...
Is there literally anything under the sun that you WOULDN'T own for at least a week? And don't say Ultraman, because you already did.

#87 1 year ago

Reasonable is in the eye of the beholder. That said you may be right. If it’s over $9k I’m out unless it’s limited to like 100.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:Narrator: It wasn't.

#88 1 year ago

<-- Ya'll frickin nailed it.

#89 1 year ago

I think it was 100k in the data east days to re-theme lethal weapon. So maybe around that.

#90 1 year ago

Where do I send my video application to be one of the lucky buyers?

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

The person or people that commissioned this pin have enough disposable income to drop $400k+ on a digital image of an ape. I'm sure Stern will gladly accept that kind of money and give you one of whatever you want.

Yah if they can mass produce and sell them.... it's a factory not a custom shop.

I think you guys underestimate how much it costs them to ramp up a new pin also unless its a total reskin.

#92 1 year ago

NFT pin > TS4 pin

#93 1 year ago

I think you guys underestimate how much it costs them to ramp up a new pin also unless its a total reskin.

This is a total reskin, and crypto guys have money coming out of their ears, for now.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

This is a total reskin, and crypto guys have money coming out of their ears, for now.

well they did.

They are kinda late to market with this. Kinda like the companies that started making hand sanitizer about the time everyone found out the virus was air bourne only. whoopppps.

That party may be over for now

#95 1 year ago

They are kinda late to market with this.

I think the guys who commissioned it are the market. Like when your rec league team has shirts made. I don't think it's a retail product. It's a souvenir for wealthy crypto enthusiasts.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ONE game?
Since we are just guessing here....$40,000?

It has some art assets and digital assets as well. My best guess is $200,000. Did Zombie Yeti do the art package?

#97 1 year ago

well they did.
They are kinda late to market with this. Kinda like the companies that started making hand sanitizer about the time everyone found out the virus was air bourne only. whoopppps.
That party may be over for now

Crypto guys are quickly going broke last couple of weeks. Looks like we may of hit the buy buy buy spot for Coin.. Or not.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Crypto guys are quickly going broke last couple of weeks. Looks like we may of hit the buy buy buy spot for Coin.. Or not.

oh no...BTC down to 20k... darn it...I remember not too long ago 20k was the all time high. Great time to buy.

#99 1 year ago

Just saw this pop up on Youtube (Eminem/Snoop posted an hour ago)...

Thumbnail showed those NFT monkeys, and I was surprised it also has a pinball lyric and video for it soon after the minute mark.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'll take a shot.

If the parties involved are really hinting at $9k for these retail and the buy-in is 100 games, that's $900k retail. Figure 40% off retail is their cost, and you're around $540k for 100 machines ($5,400 each) paid to Stern. Stern can bang that out in a little more than 1 day with their current throughput. If you count set up and teardown on the line for the run, you're looking at small part of one week to fulfill this.

In that scenario, they're basically paying Stern a bit more than retail on a Jurassic Park home edition and pre-paying for 100 of them. The $9k hinted-at price is $1k more than the Heavy Metal pin this is a reskin of that was announced in 2020, which sounds about right given pandemic inflation.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-nft-title-escape-from-the-megaverse/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.