(Topic ID: 90795)

New Stern Machine?

By gearheaddropping

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-2.png
    10300633_10152276636533197_954127492793714258_n.jpg
    image-714.jpg
    Whathehellyoustarinat.jpeg
    image-975.jpg
    image-348.jpg
    image-736.jpg
    134360.jpg
    134391.jpg
    alaskan-bush-people-998x.jpg
    the-who.jpg
    maxresdefault[1].jpg
    sophie-polkamp.jpg
    eva-de-goede-dutch-field-hockey-player.jpg
    149477339.jpg
    toysr.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Another DMD....that alone says a lot I wasn't hoping wouldn't be the case.

LCD is only good for stop and go games. Who looks at the back glass during game play and no art with the game off the loss of backglass art no thanks.I would like a small LCD set up in the spot CV dmd was.

#86 9 years ago

The new title is locked in the top drawer of the file cabinet with the padlock.

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Looks like Metallica was announced in April 2013, Star Trek in September 2013, and Mustang in January 2014. Does this mean another announcement is imminent?

July/Sep

#181 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

They just changed their profile picture to Marvel.

image-238.jpg 125 KB

You mean Disney

#210 9 years ago

10325618_10152419294729244_3010779822106766371_n.jpg10325618_10152419294729244_3010779822106766371_n.jpg

Nope look who Garys with

1 week later
    #316 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At least you get a topper with a JJP game at $7.5k. At least you get a clear coated apron with a JJP game at $7.5k. At least you get a clear coated direct printed with a JJP game at $7.5k. At least you get an LCD for the display with a JJP game at $7.5k. You get none of those things with a Stern game at that price and that's why I brought up those points.
    Also, I own a TZ in addition to WOZ and think WOZ is just as interactive as that game. I see that you forget the monkey toy with magnet in WOZ, the 4 other magnets, two mini outlane games, the second door on the upper mini playfield and the fact that both mini playfields have flippers. Hmmm and your one trick pony comment? Last time I checked my TZ mini playfield doesn't do anything else other what it's intended to do...like all pinball machine toys. Oh, I also think that the gumball machine in my TZ isn't to scale compared to a real life gumball machine. Give me a break. Also, I don't recall there being a single video mode on WOZ unlike one of the DMD games you mentioned. Should we go back to using rotary dial phones because all a phone should do is have phyiscal buttons, call and that's it. Everyone is out there paying $200 for new rotary phones just like they are for iPhones. Hmmmm...
    I don't spew this in every Stern thread so don't even go there after Stern fanboys have been infesting WOZ threads for 6+ months. Have I ever gone into a Metallica code update thread and started crap...nope. Has the opposite happened in WOZ code update threads...yes. WOZ owners have had to listen to a lot of crap for months on so I don't feel bad about bringing up points on value here like others have said.
    I also said I like Stern games. I bought a NIB ACDC Premium last year and enjoy playing it every single time. Heck, I have a cousin that wants to buy a new pinball machine and I recommended a Star Trek pro for his tastes. I'm not sitting there saying "WOZ is the second coming" by any means haha. My comments were regarding how Stern should offer more in their games at the higher end price points like JJP does. Myself and others would be more likely to spend WOZ type money on Stern games if they offered a comparable amount of features and toys.

The wood apron looks like shit the topper is average as for interactive toys there is only the monkey that's it the only toy that effects the ball in play. I myself thought the led would be a cool feature be is only good for stop and go play as who looks at a backglass while playing and I can't imagine pinball without backglass art.

#321 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow....nice. Thanks for insulting me like that. 30 years from now I'll be retired and hopefully own several JJP pins by then. You failed to read the part of my posts that mention I like, and own, Stern games.
    I also guessed 3 of the people who would up vote your post Same people over and over...

Several JJP pins 30 years thats about right

#327 9 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Why do you have to start throwing insults around? If you cannot stand reading somebodys opinion just ignore it and go on with your life. You have your opinion and other people have theirs. And you are missing the point of about 50% of the posts
    That point is simply that Stern is building LE games that cost less to build because of the lack of toys, and they want to charge the same price as as a manufacturer that filled the game with toys.
    Less toys = less cost for the manufacturer.

Stern is a business JJP still has a lot to prove one company put's out ten thousand games a year the other well enough said.

#344 9 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

A little punctuation, goes a long way.

Delivery of games would go a long way as well.

#347 9 years ago

10300633_10152276636533197_954127492793714258_n.jpg10300633_10152276636533197_954127492793714258_n.jpg

#359 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Despite Stern assembling the MMR, I still think they will have their own title out this summer, as well as a third at the end of the year. They usually make 2 one year, and 3 the next, alternating.

With the move this may be a two game year.

#378 9 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

ok good point. It doesnt say next, it just says secured licensing.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/35138159505/

Thats not Stern's pg it is a Stern fan pg.

#383 9 years ago

It will be interesting to see whats next as they say there are more Stern vault games to come.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-machine?tu=ek77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.