(Topic ID: 90795)

New Stern Machine?

By gearheaddropping

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled-2.png
    10300633_10152276636533197_954127492793714258_n.jpg
    image-714.jpg
    Whathehellyoustarinat.jpeg
    image-975.jpg
    image-348.jpg
    image-736.jpg
    134360.jpg
    134391.jpg
    alaskan-bush-people-998x.jpg
    the-who.jpg
    maxresdefault[1].jpg
    sophie-polkamp.jpg
    eva-de-goede-dutch-field-hockey-player.jpg
    149477339.jpg
    toysr.jpg
    There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 9 years ago

+1 on hockey pin.

#302 9 years ago

A deep rule set... The Who...

134391.jpg134391.jpg

#303 9 years ago

134360.jpg134360.jpg

#304 9 years ago
    Quoted from haiderdj:

+1 on hockey pin.

Drop the puck in the game in lower play field past the goalie.

#305 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really? Now name calling?

You're right, I apologize, that was too much. I just can't take your constant "it has so many toys!" posts. It's just a pinball, and it doesn't have all that much more than plenty of games that have been made before it. It's a wide body, blah blah. We get it. Stop trying to prop it up, and speak to the genuine merits it really has.

Still, sycophant was too strong, I'm sorry.

#306 9 years ago

Well, I learned a new word today. So I guess this thread was worth something.

#307 9 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Well, I learned a new word today. So I guess this thread was worth something.

Must not travel in many social/political debate circles, eh what?

#308 9 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

I don't care what it is. Stern is either going have to lower their prices or increase their quality and features (multiple playfields, more active toys, upgrade to a LCD display etc) to match JJP to get me to buy anymore of their NIB games.
    If they wanna run with the big dogs on the price they are gonna have to upgrade their games to match the competition.

Quoted from Aurich:

Last time I checked you could buy a "standard" Stern for $4500. The "standard" from JJP is $8000.
    Personally I'd rather Stern stick with trying to make good games at their own price point, and not join JJP in things being ridiculously expensive across the board. I hope Hobbit is awesome. I hope MMr is too for that matter. I hope $8000 hasn't become some normal standard that we're okay with also.

I fully agree with both of these sentiments. To me, it's important that there is a variety of price points for different markets. There should still be a lower end machine for operators, because I think that they really will be key to continued growth for the hobby. On the other hand, I think WoZ does the whole "limited edition" thing better than Stern's because it looks so much more modern with the video screen, and much more visually impressive with the abundance of molded toys that really tie the theme together. Metallica feels just as good on that point. If the hammer on the LE were more consistent, I would say it was on the same level. AC/DC less so. Star Trek LE, however, still feels like Generic Space Theme to me, except with a couple of foam rocks.

#309 9 years ago

Seth McFarland's "A Million Ways to Die in the West" with Doc Brown making a cameo.

image-736.jpgimage-736.jpg

#310 9 years ago

Gonna be this:

image-348.jpgimage-348.jpgimage-975.jpgimage-975.jpg

#311 9 years ago

When they write this chapter in the pinball history book, Panzer is going to be the Japanese soldier still shooting at people on Lubang Island 30 years after the JJP factory is shuttered.

#312 9 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

When they write this chapter in the pinball history book, Panzer is going to be the Japanese soldier still shooting at people on Lubang Island 30 years after the JJP factory is shuttered.

Wow....nice. Thanks for insulting me like that. 30 years from now I'll be retired and hopefully own several JJP pins by then. You failed to read the part of my posts that mention I like, and own, Stern games.

I also guessed 3 of the people who would up vote your post Same people over and over...

#313 9 years ago

Don't we think Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, or a Marvel theme would sell better than Walking Dead?

Post edited by ZenTron: typo

#314 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

Don't we think Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, or a Marvel theme would sell better than Walking Dead?
    Post edited by ZenTron: typo

A Harry Potter pin would be awesome. Tons of content to work with there and great potential for a deep quest based ruleset.

#315 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You're right, I apologize, that was too much. I just can't take your constant "it has so many toys!" posts. It's just a pinball, and it doesn't have all that much more than plenty of games that have been made before it. It's a wide body, blah blah. We get it. Stop trying to prop it up, and speak to the genuine merits it really has.
    Still, sycophant was too strong, I'm sorry.

Thank you for apologizing, I appreciate it.

I typically bring up WOZ's toys, features, etc when it's the same people month after month trying to undermine / tear down what JJP has did with WOZ. WOZ owners on here can also say they are sick of all of the tear down / jabbing comments just like you can say you are sick of me saying how much it has to offer. My comments were about value, not that I dislike Stern games which isn't true. I like Stern games a lot, I'm thankful they are in business making pins, and look forward to what pin they will make next. However, for $7.5k I think they should offer more for that price after seeing what you get with a JJP game.

I understand that you don't really like the game that much. We get it. Stop trying to tear it down all the time. It's your opinion that the game doesn't offer much when it comes to its toys and features. I completely disagree as do many others with your opinion.

#316 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

At least you get a topper with a JJP game at $7.5k. At least you get a clear coated apron with a JJP game at $7.5k. At least you get a clear coated direct printed with a JJP game at $7.5k. At least you get an LCD for the display with a JJP game at $7.5k. You get none of those things with a Stern game at that price and that's why I brought up those points.
    Also, I own a TZ in addition to WOZ and think WOZ is just as interactive as that game. I see that you forget the monkey toy with magnet in WOZ, the 4 other magnets, two mini outlane games, the second door on the upper mini playfield and the fact that both mini playfields have flippers. Hmmm and your one trick pony comment? Last time I checked my TZ mini playfield doesn't do anything else other what it's intended to do...like all pinball machine toys. Oh, I also think that the gumball machine in my TZ isn't to scale compared to a real life gumball machine. Give me a break. Also, I don't recall there being a single video mode on WOZ unlike one of the DMD games you mentioned. Should we go back to using rotary dial phones because all a phone should do is have phyiscal buttons, call and that's it. Everyone is out there paying $200 for new rotary phones just like they are for iPhones. Hmmmm...
    I don't spew this in every Stern thread so don't even go there after Stern fanboys have been infesting WOZ threads for 6+ months. Have I ever gone into a Metallica code update thread and started crap...nope. Has the opposite happened in WOZ code update threads...yes. WOZ owners have had to listen to a lot of crap for months on so I don't feel bad about bringing up points on value here like others have said.
    I also said I like Stern games. I bought a NIB ACDC Premium last year and enjoy playing it every single time. Heck, I have a cousin that wants to buy a new pinball machine and I recommended a Star Trek pro for his tastes. I'm not sitting there saying "WOZ is the second coming" by any means haha. My comments were regarding how Stern should offer more in their games at the higher end price points like JJP does. Myself and others would be more likely to spend WOZ type money on Stern games if they offered a comparable amount of features and toys.

The wood apron looks like shit the topper is average as for interactive toys there is only the monkey that's it the only toy that effects the ball in play. I myself thought the led would be a cool feature be is only good for stop and go play as who looks at a backglass while playing and I can't imagine pinball without backglass art.

#317 9 years ago

Wow, took a peek to see if anybody had any real updates here on the next Stern but, as usual, NADA, another wonderful, insightful thread here, no surprise…..

Come on over to the Jpop update thread, much more info there,

#318 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

The wood apron looks like shit the topper is average as for interactive toys there is only the monkey that's it the only toy that effects the ball in play. I myself thought the led would be a cool feature be is only good for stop and go play as who looks at a backglass while playing and I can't imagine pinball without backglass art.

I stopped reading after your first sentence. You don't like the game and have made that clear with every comment you have made about WOZ. We get it.

Oh, at least you get a topper with the standard and LE...

#319 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

The wood apron looks like shit

Seriously the fng ugliest thing I have ever seen.STERN dont you dare do that!! Now the LCD I get but hate all the programming its going to add.

#320 9 years ago

I thought this was the What's new at Stern thread. Lets get back on topic shall we.

#321 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow....nice. Thanks for insulting me like that. 30 years from now I'll be retired and hopefully own several JJP pins by then. You failed to read the part of my posts that mention I like, and own, Stern games.
    I also guessed 3 of the people who would up vote your post Same people over and over...

Several JJP pins 30 years thats about right

#322 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Several JJP pins 30 years thats about right

LOL! You are so funny! Why do you post in the WOZ shipping update thread again? What value are you adding there?

#323 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Seriously the fng ugliest thing I have ever seen.STERN dont you dare do that!! Now the LCD I get but hate all the programming its going to add.

Looks amazing and its really slick looking, plus there's a metal apron underneath. Much better then paying $5k+ for a pin only to get a plastic apron....Stern used to offer a metal apron with their games but we don't even get that now. Why is that even though the games cost more than they did 10 years ago? JJP don't you dare do that!!

#324 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

There is actually a different apron with video coming for Woz, like Ac/dc, which would be cool, but otherwise, I could care less, except for anything plastic which is awful…...

#325 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

There is actually a different apron with video coming for Woz, like Ac/dc, which would be cool, but otherwise, I could care less, except for anything plastic which is awful…...

Does the Premium get the metal apron?

#326 9 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Why do you have to start throwing insults around? If you cannot stand reading somebodys opinion just ignore it and go on with your life. You have your opinion and other people have theirs. And you are missing the point of about 50% of the posts

That point is simply that Stern is building LE games that cost less to build because of the lack of toys, and they want to charge the same price as as a manufacturer that filled the game with toys.

Less toys = less cost for the manufacturer. That should equate in a lower price for the buyer. Thats all thats being said outside of the original posters topic.

#327 9 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Why do you have to start throwing insults around? If you cannot stand reading somebodys opinion just ignore it and go on with your life. You have your opinion and other people have theirs. And you are missing the point of about 50% of the posts
    That point is simply that Stern is building LE games that cost less to build because of the lack of toys, and they want to charge the same price as as a manufacturer that filled the game with toys.
    Less toys = less cost for the manufacturer.

Stern is a business JJP still has a lot to prove one company put's out ten thousand games a year the other well enough said.

#328 9 years ago

The JJP sycophants should stay out of the Stern threads if they don't want to be called out for being sycophants.

#329 9 years ago

I saw that Ice. That's very exciting.

Panzer I agree on Stern and doing a metal apron .

#330 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Does the Premium get the metal apron?

Nope, I bought the lit metal one from Hooked….for my premium

Also, we need Mike to finish the video mod ASAP! Come on Mike!

#331 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Nope, I bought the lit metal one from Hooked….for my premium
    Also, we need Mike to finish the video mod ASAP! Come on Mike!

The video mod looks really cool. I think I'll be picking that up for my premium.

#333 9 years ago
    Quoted from CarShark:

I fully agree with both of these sentiments. To me, it's important that there is a variety of price points for different markets. There should still be a lower end machine for operators, because I think that they really will be key to continued growth for the hobby. On the other hand, I think WoZ does the whole "limited edition" thing better than Stern's because it looks so much more modern with the video screen, and much more visually impressive with the abundance of molded toys that really tie the theme together. Metallica feels just as good on that point. If the hammer on the LE were more consistent, I would say it was on the same level. AC/DC less so. Star Trek LE, however, still feels like Generic Space Theme to me, except with a couple of foam rocks.

The major "toy" in Star Trek LE/Premium is the light show. 60+ color changing LED's and the Laser Starfield Projector is what makes these models. If you don't like that, that's fine, but they are the selling point of the higher priced models.

#334 9 years ago

Donald Duck is celebrating his 80th anniversairy , so its time for a Ducktales pin..

#335 9 years ago
    Quoted from master_of_chaos:

Donald Duck is celebrating his 80th anniversairy , so its time for a Ducktales pin..

Would rather see a Duckman pin. ... now THERE would be some call outs!Whathehellyoustarinat.jpegWhathehellyoustarinat.jpeg

#336 9 years ago

I was watching the Mission Impossible movies last night and man is that a great franchise. I love the music and plenty of material to work with-anyone like MI? The full theme music is really funky, catching and somewhat annoying-perfect for a pin. MI is now on my Stern run wishlist

#337 9 years ago

Mustang rethemed to Fast and Furious, just like Shrek.

#338 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I stopped reading after your first sentence. You don't like the game and have made that clear with every comment you have made about WOZ. We get it.
    Oh, at least you get a topper with the standard and LE...

I really like the wood topper. To each there own.

#339 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Stern is a business JJP still has a lot to prove one company put's out ten thousand games a year the other well enough said.

A little punctuation, goes a long way.

#340 9 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Except with the word, "put's". In that case, less is a lot more.

#341 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Stern has posted twice topics with the word "Dawn" in the text.
    Dawn of the Dead?
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes?
    Red Dawn?
    PM Dawn?

Dude, your references are so tight.

#342 9 years ago

Unless it is Toy Story or Die Hard themed, I'm out.

#343 9 years ago

due to the high demand..... stern will be releasing another special tron le/premium "tron guy gets chicks man" edition, then followed by a special re-release of im.

image-714.jpgimage-714.jpg

#344 9 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Delivery of games would go a long way as well.

#345 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Delivery of games would go a long way as well.

Ummmm I have zero stake in JJP or WOZ, but seriously your crusade against them will most certainly bring them down. Keep up the good work

/sarcasm

#346 9 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Too far, sometimes.

#347 9 years ago

10300633_10152276636533197_954127492793714258_n.jpg10300633_10152276636533197_954127492793714258_n.jpg

#349 9 years ago

C'mon Stern whats Next !

#350 9 years ago

Yeah let the unveiling begin! Trying to hold out on buying a met pro until the next machine is released.

There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-machine/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.