Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG9013_2.jpg
    IMAG9040_2.jpg
    IMAG9039_2.jpg
    990l2435-7802.jpg
    Atomatic.JPG
    IMAG7569.jpg
    IMAG7566.jpg
    IMAG7557.jpg
    IMAG7560.jpg
    IMAG7558.jpg
    4 24 2015a.jpg
    4 24 2015b.jpg
    Gary Stern Whoa Nellie.jpg
    bigmelons.jpg
    1418614130146.jpg
    1418595359583.jpg
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

December 14, 2014

1418594589566.jpg1418594589566.jpg 1418594652601.jpg1418594652601.jpg 1418594682110.jpg1418594682110.jpg 1418594720927.jpg1418594720927.jpg 1418594993916.jpg1418594993916.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

More ....

1418595171392.jpg1418595171392.jpg 1418595223676.jpg1418595223676.jpg 1418595277275.jpg1418595277275.jpg 1418595359583.jpg1418595359583.jpg
    #3 9 years ago

so... in other words, they are not even close to moving in?

#4 9 years ago

Way behind schedule. Stern said two weeks moving time. I'm going with month or more setup time.

They were supposed to be setup and churning by jan 2

#5 9 years ago

They will never make it by Jan 2nd.

#7 9 years ago

Look at the size of that place. Gary is gonna need a golf cart to get around in there.

#8 9 years ago

Nice Audi~

#9 9 years ago

Wonder what will come first the completion of the move or the new system/LCD either way at some point in 2015 they should have one out of the two done

#10 9 years ago

It will be at least April before machines steadily ship off that loading dock.

#11 9 years ago

thanks for the photos! was wondering what it looked like.
    Freakin HUGE!!!

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I thought it was Spring 2015 ?

LTG : )©

#13 9 years ago

Did they find bigger office space for code and product development?

#14 9 years ago

The inside looks similar to Heighway Pinball

#15 9 years ago

I thought the new offices were all LED lighting. WTF?!

#16 9 years ago

Thanks for the pics.

Sweet little Audi!

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Seems like that's the case.

#18 9 years ago

Getting everything set up in there is gonna be a hell of a process.

#19 9 years ago

Those big booms in the front are from the company I worked for for 12 years. Ill contact the rep and try to get construction updates over there.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Thanks for the pics.
    Sweet little Audi!

On the way home from the Windy City...

1418614130146.jpg1418614130146.jpg
    #21 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

1418614130146.jpg 169 KB

Is it foggy rom the snow melting because it sure is here?

#22 9 years ago

This is AWESOME! Shows you that Stern and pinball is doing very well. Keep on rocking Stern!!!

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

"Purple Haze"?

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

1418614130146.jpg 169 KB

Bruce is the camera in your mouth? I see two hands on the wheel.

#25 9 years ago

HTC One M7 sucks at taking night photos. They add a white haze and/or a discolored tint to the photos. Both myself and BallyKid have the One, and both did the same thing while he took the photo.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Is it foggy rom the snow melting because it sure is here?

No snow anywhere on this trip. Still 47℉ in Marshall, Michigan.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Way behind schedule. Stern said two weeks moving time. I'm going with month or more setup time.

WAT? Only date I've ever seen talked about was moving in February.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

WAT? Only date I've ever seen talked about was moving in February.

Thate what they told us during the Expo tour

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Wow! It's also a time machine!

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Quarter 2 ish.

1 month later
    #31 9 years ago

I can already envision a new Star Wars pin coming off the assembly line there.

#32 9 years ago

omg, I had not even considered a new star wars pin.... you make my savings account fear for its existence sir. It senses a disturbance in the force....

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from scarybeard:

omg, I had not even considered a new Star Wars pin.... you make my savings account fear for its existence sir. It senses a disturbance in the force....

I thought I sensed a disturbance in the force. Turns out it might just be the oysters I had for lunch.

3 weeks later
    #34 9 years ago

Any update on Stern's move?

#35 9 years ago

Prune juice...

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Prune juice...

Things are moving fast?

#37 9 years ago

...right down the line...

#40 9 years ago

.. hopefully they have offices and computers for the software engineers

#41 9 years ago

Wow, wifi and web cams.

#42 9 years ago

GravitaR, why would you thumbs down me saying "I can already envision a new Star Wars pin coming off the assembly line there."?

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

GravitaR, why would you thumbs down me saying "I can already envision a new Star Wars pin coming off the assembly line there."?

Only due to the fact that Stern (Data East/Sega) has already done Starwars 2 times now and didn't get it right once. Maybe the third time is the charm? Who knows. Time for a different company to make the pin.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Only due to the fact that Stern (Data East/Sega) has already done Starwars 2 times now and didn't get it right once. Maybe the third time is the charm? Who knows. Time for a different company to make the pin.

I don't think the Data East unit was a bad game. Plus you really cant say Stern made those 2 titles. Yes, I get it, those companies became Stern, but its not like Gary Stern sat down with Lucas and said "I work for this company called Data East and we want to make a pinball machine based on Star Wars"

Personally, I think it would be awesome to break in the new building with such a historic pin such as Star Wars.
    I'm not say Jersey Jack couldn't make a nice one, but production is just too slow coming from JJP.
    Gary could have that title in our homes for this Christmas's theatrical release.

#45 9 years ago

Maybe its time for Stern to go with a unlicensed title to christen their new facilities.

#46 9 years ago

It's been said over and over and over again that stern has no interest in going that route . Although WNBJM technically fits that bill.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

I don't think the Data East unit was a bad game. Plus you really cant say Stern made those 2 titles. Yes, I get it, those companies became Stern, but its not like Gary Stern sat down with Lucas and said "I work for this company called Data East and we want to make a pinball machine based on Star Wars"

That's exactly what happened. Gary was/is the president of Data East/Sega/Stern, inc. The company simply had different owners, but Gary has ran everything since 1987.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

Maybe its time for Stern to go with a unlicensed title to christen their new facilities.

No rehash a SS title with a DMD or LCD. A classic like funhouse same rules new audio and dot's or video.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

They do have one coming off the line soon , Big Juicy Melons !

Can anyone just imagine what kind of live models that they could use to model around this pin at the pinball shows. WOW !!!!

bigmelons.jpgbigmelons.jpg

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

you really cant say Stern made those 2 titles. Yes, I get it, those companies became Stern, but its not like Gary Stern sat down with Lucas and said "I work for this company called Data East and we want to make a pinball machine based on Star Wars"

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That's exactly what happened. Gary was/is the president of Data East/Sega/Stern, inc. The company simply had different owners, but Gary has ran everything since 1987.

Exactly. Gary, Shelley Sax, and Joe Kaminkow started Data East out of Gary's house. They proposed the idea of a pinball division to Data East, got the funding from them, and the rest is history. Back in the day Gary's title was "General Manager" but that was just semantics....

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-factory-and-offices-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.