Screenshot_20160823-145921 (resized).png
IMG_20160823_145505 (resized).jpg
72_3 (resized).jpg
72_2 (resized).jpg
72_1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
f4d51b51199015609e05ce115eb3f75a (resized).jpg
batman-on-sun (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Hopefully it's a new play field and not just a ve. Could be interesting. Be available 2017 based on how far behind stern is. Best be ghost free

They're going to keep up with these themed defects. This game will be full of bats or something.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I remember Stern saying their next game would have an LCD
If this is not a VE it's likely to have an LCD?

GB is the last DMD. Everything forward will be LCD.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If this is not based on the 60's tv series I won't buy it.

It is. Clearly.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It seems to me it's clearly based off the new Batman 66 material, which is of course a homage to the original show. I guess it depends on if that's what you mean when you want something from the original show or not. I wouldn't expect anything actually from the live action TV show to appear.

I absolutely expect footage & audio from the show to appear. What better way to showcase that new color LCD than to put tons of colorful show footage on it!

Place your bets, but I guarantee this is the TV show license & will have the music, clips & footage of the show + custom Adam West callouts (and maybe Burt Ward and others)

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You're assuming a new a game. A re-skin of Batman:DK is going to have dots. New dots, but dots.
Aerosmith may still be the first Stern game with the LCD screen.

Place your bets.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I'm not predicting....just seems there are as many people adamanet that it's a re-skin on Pinside.
I am more than happy to be done with dots.

Even if it was - dots are gone, baby.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

look at us all drooling over this after the gb playfield disaster. smh
pinheads

I think people are assuming the problems will be fixed. Obviously they have to get fixed, as Stern can't continue to shop defective playfields forever.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Nope. One or the other. Gary has said VE's will be issued on their original platform. That means if this is a re-skin, it's SAM, and SAM doesn't support an LCD display.
Again....would be happy to see a new game with SPIKE 2.0.......just don't get your hopes up.

All "rules" are out the window with this one. I'll be awaiting a "you were right" from you after the reveal.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Like I said....one or the other. Not saying it won't be a new game, on SPIKE 2.0, with an LCD.
What it won't be is a re-skin VE with an LCD.

Except it will be. Sorta. Rules don't apply.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I really, truly despise the clusterf--k of 'in-the-knows' and the beating around the bush. Either respect that you were given that information in confidence and shut up about it, or just spill the beans already.

I didn't get any confidential information. I've put all the pieces together based on all the various spilled tidbits. I'm good at putting puzzles together.

Feel free to not roll with my conclusions, but when it's announced you'll see....

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So modified DK layout with LCD instead of DMD?
Multiple trim levels (pro, prem, le) or just single version like SMVE?

Based on the "pre-order leak" from GAP, I'm assuming one Prem model like SMVE.

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm not rolling with anything until there's actual legit info or someone that I trust (read: Not anyone here) says otherwise, heh. The rumor mill on this thing is already going five different ways. It's utterly pointless to guess.

Exactly. Who cares...can't really order them till its announced anyway, so - just having fun.

....but I'm totally right

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I'd rather them remake a whole new pin based on the 1989 movie with Keaton. SPIKE 2.0 with LCD. Custom call-outs from Jack Nicholson. Interactive Batwing and balloon float toys. Danny Elfman music. Prince songs. Topper that projects Bat-symbol on ceiling.

There's already a Batman machine w that license....and honestly, that movie hasn't really held up well (and I'm a huge Burton fan)...Batman 60's show has gone from being a joke to being beloved - retro kitch is in ...I can totally see why they've gone this route. Almost everyone has an awareness of "nanananananananaa Baaaatmaaaaan" and "Pow! Biff! Bam!" It's silly and fun and a nice change of pace from the super serious Bats we're used to lately.

How funny would it be if they got Batman singers to sing "Jackpot! Jackpot! Jaaackpooot!!!" Nanananananaaa - JACKPOT! If done right this game could be super funny and charming.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Yes, I know there's one. Hence, why I was talking about a remake. There have been two Indiana Jones, Two Elviras pins, etc. Data East's 1991 game could definitely use some modern improvements.
The 1989 film has held up quite well, thank you very much. I'll take Keaton and Burton over every anyone else.

Indiana Jones is timeless and always been Ford. Elvira's games were of their time but we're always Cassandra. Batman is always rotating actors, and Keaton's Batman is in Batlimbo at the moment. Bale is the definitive modern Batman, and Affleck is the current Batman. Even tho West is old news, he's got Batcred for being the first and only "funny Batman". Again, that retro kitch factor. Keaton doesn't have that.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Another killer thing for the 89 movie would be music. Having a full license to Danny Elfman and Prince's music would be killer. Especially with renewed interest in Prince since his untimely death earlier this year. My understanding is that WB control's the right to Prince's songs from the movie, not his estate. It was an anomaly among his discography.
A daydream pin for sure.....but boy would it look, sound and play beautiful!

I think if you're gonna go for a Burton/Elfman license....Pee Wee's Big Adventure or Beetlejuice would be the way to go.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

You're right. Keaton doesn't have a retro kitch factor. He has a retro "I'm fucking Batman!" factor.

Now he's fucking Birdman! ...and The Vulture in the new Spider-Man...also, a bird! They're probably more likely to do Angry Birds with Michael Keaton than Batman

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah...Steampunk.

I hope so, it doesn't make sense to just reskin the game and update some toys.

Sure it does. They did it with Iron Man (a slightly tweaked Austin Powers) and NBA (a slightly tweaked Space Jam). By starting with a previous design and making some tweaks, this allows them to start work on the new color display much earlier in the process since the code/rules are mostly mapped out.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Adam West sounds old as fuck. Which is true but it really, really comes through in that video.

Not sure if it's his age, or if he's so used to recording Family Guy for 15 years that he just does all his voiceover in the "Wacky Adam West voice" now.

1 week later
#257 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Cool. That article confirms what I've suspected. This is not a re-skin of BDK. The playfield is completely new, with only the crane toy coming over.

We'll see. Some of the geometry has to be built around the crane and it's imprint above and below the playfield. I would not be surprised to see more than the crane retained, such as the insert layout, scoop/VUK, Batman targets...and probably the lanes and pops. I'd bet the teeter totter, can, and POTD are gone, which would mean the Joker Lock shot and ramp design will be totally different....it's more than a reskin and play/feel different, but like IM and NBA, there will be a definite shadow of the earlier game.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

There is also the possibility that the crane will be located in a different location which would be ideal to have a truly new design.

Likelyhood of that happening is 0%, IMO

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

My local distributor just said the super LE's are rumored to be 20-25kUSD WOW. In any case if Stern asks that much they will sell them all in no time!

They come with Caesar Romero's ashes in the coin box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-batman-66-premium?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.