Screenshot_20160823-145921 (resized).png
IMG_20160823_145505 (resized).jpg
72_3 (resized).jpg
72_2 (resized).jpg
72_1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
f4d51b51199015609e05ce115eb3f75a (resized).jpg
batman-on-sun (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 7 years ago

So are they not gonna make Pros anymore?

#57 7 years ago

I always liked Eartha Kitt's Catwoman. It's been so long since I watched the show though.

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#58 7 years ago

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/18/entertainment/adam-west-burt-ward-batman-movie/

Looks like there's a new animated movie coming out with Adam West and Burt Ward coming October 11. Will there be a pin reveal at the sam time?

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I absolutely expect footage & audio from the show to appear. What better way to showcase that new color LCD than to put tons of colorful show footage on it!
Place your bets, but I guarantee this is the TV show license & will have the music, clips & footage of the show + custom Adam West callouts (and maybe Burt Ward and others)

My vote is the game is based on the comic or the new animated movie. I would imagine their would be less legalities. I really don't have a preference which one it's based on though.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope you are wrong. It is time for the death of Dots.

Oh, come on. Dots are like 8 bit pixel art and have a charm to them. I think color dots still have a place. It would be nice to have the ability to give different filters to the screen.

#136 7 years ago

I love everything that is '89 Batman. It might be the first movie I ever remember seeing in theaters. They will never make another pin based on it though unless there is renewed interest in that world. Apparently DC was planning an '89 Batman comic but eventually rejected it. I would have bought it. It even had Lando-Two-Face!

http://io9.gizmodo.com/behold-the-batman-89-comic-that-dc-rejected-because-the-1763852670

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

66 theme vs 89 theme? Not even a question the 89 theme would crush it. 66 is for a very small few (mostly if not all older crowd). Batman was a joke until it was reborn by burton and stern knows the market would be much bigger. It would be awesome to have a great pin based on that.
if they go 66 it will be a big mistake

There's a market for the '66 Batman pin for sure. Especially if they are planning on making it a high dollar premium only title. '89 Batman might be too new for a lot of pin buyers to have nostalgia for.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Keaton Batman movies are embarrassingly bad when you watch them next to the Bale movies, although they were mildly amusing at the time of their release. They just did not age well.
Batman '66 is campy fun and the surf music theme would probably stick in your head even worse than GB....

I agree that Burton's movies don't hold up as well as Nolan's. I think they have more style and better art direction though. Denny Elfman's score also brings a lot of emotion to the movie. Nolan's movies are pretty bland in the style department but they have better stories and performances overall.

The art direction and score is why I would be more interested in a pin based on 89 Batman or 66 Batman rather than Nolan's Batman.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For those interested in the new Batman 66 animated movie they released an updated trailer which has more clips from the movie than the first teaser did. Looks entertaining. Sounds like the villian voices aren't good impersonations of the originals though.
» YouTube video

Was it the Penguin voice you didn't like? That's the only one I heard beside Joker's laugh.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Penguin sounded pretty good to me.

He sounded alright. If you want to complain about voices it seems Batman and Robin's voices would be the ones to complain about. Burt Ward's character looks young but sounds old.

I really don't care though because it's just neat they reprised their roles. Warner Bros. should have had them do it sooner.

I was reading somewhere about fans that were complaining that when Batman '89 was in production that Adam West should have a cameo in it. To many people at the time he was the image of Batman. Then the movie came out and people forgot about it. I thought it was interesting that there were fanboys complaining even back then.

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

This is more and more becoming an insiders hobby. I waited until the official Ghostbusters announcement and they were all sold out already. I've bought like 5 NIB from my distributer and still never get any updates, with the notable exception of WWE when he didn't have many buyers. I've reached out to him and another on this game and like you said, no details, though I guess I could commit to buy the game not yet really knowing the price, what it looks like, how it plays, who designed it, etc. I'm still waiting on SMVE after 6 months fully paid and I never get an update unless I reach out.

You're right. I guess you can always put the money down and after reveal back out if you don't like it. Probably the reveal will be before Expo.

This really seems like a stupid way to do a VIP party.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-batman-66-premium?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.