Screenshot_20160823-145921 (resized).png
IMG_20160823_145505 (resized).jpg
72_3 (resized).jpg
72_2 (resized).jpg
72_1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
f4d51b51199015609e05ce115eb3f75a (resized).jpg
batman-on-sun (resized).jpg
There are 336 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Robin knows all about the "Bat-Gap".

I don't think you are talking about batgirl.

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Street price was ~$900 less on GB Premium. So using that as a guideline the new premium price would be around $7700.

That's more than a $1000 more than I paid for my NIB Star Trek Premium. These price jacks are f**king insane. I *could* pay that much for a game, but I sure as hell *won't*.

There's no way the used market is going to sustain these prices, if you buy these games then be prepared to lose money on them.

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

'66 Batman with an Aerosmith soundtrack?!!

And Iron Maiden art!

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Street price was ~$900 less on GB Premium. So using that as a guideline the new premium price would be around $7700.
Due to the more limited nature on LE's (only 240 produced). my assumption is that Distributors won't drop much under the $9995 MSRP.

yepp $9500ish

#305 7 years ago

lex-luther-pinball (resized).jpglex-luther-pinball (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#307 7 years ago

The LCD looks good. Not too big.

#308 7 years ago

IMG_0683.JPGIMG_0683.JPG

#309 7 years ago

Not a theme I'd ever want to own, but it does look very nice!

#310 7 years ago

Like the theme. Like the look. Looked at the price and turned away in disgust.

#311 7 years ago

IMG_0684.JPGIMG_0684.JPG

#312 7 years ago

Big shrug from me. Looks cool, but not a great leap forward to justify the cost. Still kinda has the stern 'cheap' vibe to me (imho)

If one of those is SLE edition, even worse cause it's not obvious

If JJP game looks good and cheaper, could be interesting / stern may have overstepped. Especially being late to the LCD party, that no longer feels premium.. it's just catching up to what's expected.

#313 7 years ago

I like the looks and the LCD size. I'm just worried it's a dark knight in disguise though with an LCD and better art. Will wait to make judgement however once gameplay footage is revealed. Looks great though and gives hope for a really cool star wars down the road.

#314 7 years ago

I may be missing something but I don't really see anything that makes this game cost more than other recent LEs.
It looks like 2 ramps, two toys (crane and Joker area), and stand targets. It probably has less stuff than a ACDC premium.

One thing to remember, the crane was a PRO model toy.

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I may be missing something but I don't really see anything that makes this game cost more than other recent LEs.
It looks like 2 ramps, two toys (crane and Joker area), and stand targets. It probably has less stuff than a ACDC premium.
One thing to remember, the crane was a PRO model toy.

The crane was a Pro toy AND I bet an LCD is way cheaper than a DMD these days.

#316 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They're going to keep up with these themed defects. This game will be full of bats or something.

Too easy--the FLIPPER BATS will be the issue!

#317 7 years ago

Its certainly more plain then GB premium. The one mech rotates to 3 different sides sorta like Gilligans Island

#318 7 years ago

TV side, Bat phone side, batmobile side.

#319 7 years ago

That's the perfect size for an LCD, kinda wish Alien had that size option, 27" is cool and all but overkill for me that looks great and I like the speakers, I'm not interested in BM66 but it does look nice and If I was a big time fan I would want the SLE.

#320 7 years ago

I kind of like the traditional DMD aspect ratio. But I'm sure they went with those non-widescreen format because they're a dime a dozen nowadays. Keep the cost down is job 1 at Stern...

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I kind of like the traditional DMD aspect ratio. But I'm sure they went with those non-widescreen format because they're a dime a dozen nowadays. Keep the cost down is job 1 at Stern...

It's a bit wider than it looks initially. The video looks square, because they are mimicking an old school TV on the front. But the fake TV portion is part of the LCD too. Take another look, it's probably 16x9, but not 21x9 of course.

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It's a bit wider than it looks initially. The video looks square, because they are mimicking an old school TV on the front. But the fake TV portion is part of the LCD too. Take another look, it's probably 16x9, but not 21x9 of course.

Thanks Jodi

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

LCD looks like the perfect size. Big enough to see and read, but not too big that it interferes with the translite. Stern made good choices here.

How they decide to use the LCD is key to providing value. If it only shows tv clips of the active mode, it will have been wasted. It needs to show status and keep track of important progress.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Thanks Jodi

Try. Harder.

#325 7 years ago

So who are you?

Its a weak dick move to create multiple user names.

Man up & be you

#326 7 years ago

Ya know, this just shows you the consequences a correct decision at the time can have, years later...
LOL!

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So who are you?
Its a weak dick move to create multiple user names.
Man up & be you

This is the only account I use.

Some people around here keep claiming I work for Stern or am Jody or Jarrod.

It's just silly nonsense.

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

In my best Joseph McCarthy voice, "Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Stern Army"? Switching to Jack Nicholson," I CAN handle the truth".

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

In my best Joseph McCarthy voice, "Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Stern Army"? Switching to Jack Nicholson," I CAN handle the truth".

I've owned one Stern...and have GB on the way.

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

What did you use before?

#331 7 years ago

the only thing I could think of seeing those beautiful pinball machines....

#332 7 years ago

Why not just call it Batman? That's what it says on the game.

#333 7 years ago

the most sarcastic submission so far.

#334 7 years ago

Awesome game, can't wait to play.
I Like the place of the new double size color display.

#335 7 years ago

It's about time!!! It's Awesome looking and I have to have it,Lee Meriwether (Catwoman) is a beauty.She was Ms.America back in 1955,I was checking around on the net and i saw one machine with Lee laying down on the side art but i dont know if it was an LE,Pro,etc.Does anyone know?I wish they would just keep it simple like the old days with just one type of machine.Way to go Stern!!!

#336 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Big shrug from me. Looks cool, but not a great leap forward to justify the cost. Still kinda has the stern 'cheap' vibe to me (imho)
If one of those is SLE edition, even worse cause it's not obvious
If JJP game looks good and cheaper, could be interesting / stern may have overstepped. Especially being late to the LCD party, that no longer feels premium.. it's just catching up to what's expected.

Exactly..95% of this over priced heap is parts from a Pro yet it's 3x the price. I guess if you want to make an uber luxury pin that's all good, just make sure your design language and parts fit the bill.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

There are 336 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-batman-66-premium/page/7?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.