Screenshot_20160823-145921 (resized).png
IMG_20160823_145505 (resized).jpg
72_3 (resized).jpg
72_2 (resized).jpg
72_1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
f4d51b51199015609e05ce115eb3f75a (resized).jpg
batman-on-sun (resized).jpg
There are 336 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 7 years ago

Talk about blowing something out of proportion.

If you don't see the difference between things being privately passed around at Expo vs publicly posting them on the internet then I guess I'm just glad you're still salty enough about it all this time later that you could even find that post.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I'll agree with this.
Keaton is by far the best actor of the bunch, but Adam West will always be my favorite Batman.

Yes Adam West is great as well and class by himself. I was only referring to when they starting making the new movies and Keaton is my favorite. hey Maken remember I am a Pens fan as well maybe I get an up vote now?

#203 7 years ago

No bat updates over night? Okay, bump then.

#204 7 years ago

Adam will be getting a low numbered game...

images-1 (resized).jpgimages-1 (resized).jpg

#205 7 years ago

It would line up with the new movie......

"
Published on Aug 23, 2016
Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment take Batman fans on a journey into the iconic past with the full-length animated Batman feature film – Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders. The film features the vocal performances of Adam West (Batman), Burt Ward (Robin) and Julie Newmar (Catwoman). Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders will be available November 1, 2016 on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD. Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders will be available to own on Digital HD starting October 11, 2016.

It’s back to the 1960s as Batman and Robin spring into action when Gotham City is threatened by a quartet of Batman’s most fiendish foes – Penguin, The Joker, Riddler and Catwoman. The four Super-Villains have combined their wicked talents to hatch a plot so nefarious that the Dynamic Duo will need to go to outer space (and back) to foil their arch enemies and restore order in Gotham City. It’s a truly fantastic adventure that will pit good against evil, good against good, evil against evil … and feature two words that exponentially raise the stakes for both sides: Replicator Ray. Holy Multiplication Tables!

Adam West steps behind the microphone to bring Batman to fully animated fruition. Burt Ward joins the fun as Batman’s sidekick, Robin, giving The Boy Wonder his voice in animated form. And Julie Newmar, star of stage (Tony Award winner for The Marriage-Go-Round) and screen (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers), dons her feline ears to bring Catwoman to life.

Rick Morales (LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes – Justice League: Cosmic Clash) directs from a script by Michael Jelenic (Teen Titans Go!) and James Tucker (Justice League vs. Teen Titans).. Tucker and Jelenic also serve as Supervising Producer and Producer, respectively, on the film. Sam Register is Executive Producer. Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan are Executive Producers.
"

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

No bat updates over night? Okay, bump then.

Kinda funny that they post the ad for the VIP Adam West meet and greet on their facebook page which states to ask your distributor for info about VIP tickets.

I've called multiple distributors and all they know is you need to preorder a Batman premium game to get a VIP ticket. However they have no informarion regarding game pricing, pics, layout, LCD or not, release date, etc.

#207 7 years ago

It's really nuts how this information is getting out. But not surprising. Didn't we see a Ghostbusters ad in a trade pub before they announced?

#208 7 years ago

I posted on Stern's fb page about the dist. not having any info. Apparently the dist. needs to contact their sales rep.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I've called multiple distributors and all they know is you need to preorder a Batman premium game to get a VIP ticket.

Kudos to Stern for figuring out a way to keep pre-orders coming in midst of the recent PF issues.

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I posted on Stern's fb page about the dist. not having any info. Apparently the dist. needs to contact their sales rep.

At least 2 of the distributors I called said they called stern asking for more info on the upcoming Batman game. They said were not able to get any further details regarding the game. At least that's what they told me.

I.guess it's possible the distributor has more details but were told by stern to keep quiet until their is an official announcement.

Hopefully they announce something soon otherwise poor Adam won't have very many pre-order people at his meet and greet.

#211 7 years ago

I always that the "Batman Garage Sale With Adam West" was pretty funny:

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Kudos to Stern for figuring out a way to keep pre-orders coming in midst of the recent PF issues.

Jedi mind tricks on pinheads.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Hopefully they announce something soon otherwise poor Adam won't have very many pre-order people at his meet and greet.

This is more and more becoming an insiders hobby. I waited until the official Ghostbusters announcement and they were all sold out already. I've bought like 5 NIB from my distributer and still never get any updates, with the notable exception of WWE when he didn't have many buyers. I've reached out to him and another on this game and like you said, no details, though I guess I could commit to buy the game not yet really knowing the price, what it looks like, how it plays, who designed it, etc. I'm still waiting on SMVE after 6 months fully paid and I never get an update unless I reach out.

#214 7 years ago

With all the QC problems that Stern is having recently they have huge balls asking people to throw a deposit down on a machine sight unseen or price unknown.

#215 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm still waiting on BMVE after 6 months fully paid and I never get an update unless I reach out.

Whats BMVE?

#216 7 years ago

Oops, SMVE. Sorry about that.

#217 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

This is more and more becoming an insiders hobby. I waited until the official Ghostbusters announcement and they were all sold out already. I've bought like 5 NIB from my distributer and still never get any updates, with the notable exception of WWE when he didn't have many buyers. I've reached out to him and another on this game and like you said, no details, though I guess I could commit to buy the game not yet really knowing the price, what it looks like, how it plays, who designed it, etc. I'm still waiting on SMVE after 6 months fully paid and I never get an update unless I reach out.

You're right. I guess you can always put the money down and after reveal back out if you don't like it. Probably the reveal will be before Expo.

This really seems like a stupid way to do a VIP party.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You're right. I guess you can always put the money down and after reveal back out if you don't like it....

,,,or you could wait for the reveal and if you still wanted one, put your deposit down then. There is no rush by Stern to get the game together or to provide information, why would anyone or any distributer consider sending a deposit in? We have NO pertinent information from which to evaluate this game.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

With all the QC problems that Stern is having recently they have huge balls asking people to throw a deposit down on a machine sight unseen or price unknown.

Actually stern has not asked for anything, they haven't even announced it yet.

#220 7 years ago

Also to be crystal clear, stern does not condone preordering nor do they take deposits. That's something that pinball people have created with their distributor. Stern decides how many of each game a distributor is going be given when it comes to le games, it's not like the distributor tells them that they want 10 because that's how many preorders they got and stern gives them 10.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Actually stern has not asked for anything, they haven't even announced it yet.

But they are asking for something.

Stern's Facebook is advertising a special Adam West VIP only meet and greet event at their epic party. The Facebook ad says to ask your distributor for more info to get VIP tickets.

The distributors I called said you need to pre-order a Batman pinball machine to get a VIP ticket. So they are asking for something if you want to go the VIP meet and greet part of their party.

I'm sure the Batman game will be officially announced prior to expo but its annoying that the timing of their official game release announcement (with game features, pics, pricing, etc) isn't in sync with when they put stuff on their Facebook page.

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern's Facebook is advertising a special Adam West VIP only meet and greet event at their epic party. The Facebook ad says to ask your distributor for more info to get VIP tickets.

The distributors I called said you need to pre-order a Batman pinball machine to get a VIP ticket. So they are asking for something if you want to go the VIP meet and greet part of their party.

Stern gave so many VIP tickets to each distributor.

It's up to the distributor to decide who he gives them to.

Some tickets went to good employees, some went to good operators, and some went to people who preordered a game.

#223 7 years ago

If you want to go to the VIP party, pre-order one with a small deposit from a distrib. Don't like the machine when announced, get your deposit back. It is a marketing thing. There is a VIP party, only so many people can attend, so to determine who should get tickets it is who puts a pre-order in on a new machine with a Stern distrib.

As for Stern having the balls to do it, DP did pretty much the same thing with TBL and people thought it was awesome. They hadn't even produced a game, and it took years to show up. Stern has some playfield issues for a few months and the same thing requires a lot of balls.

And no evidence (as mentioned above) that Stern even set this requirement.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Some tickets went to good employees, some went to good operators, and some went to people who preordered a game.

That's interesting, the distributors I called all said you need to pre-order the game to get one. I figured distributors only got them from Stern based on number of pre-orders they receive.

I wonder if you do order a game and get a VIP ticket then you do also get access to the 30th party later that evening as well or do you still need to buy one of those for $35.

I wonder is Stern is waiting until "Batman Day" on Sept 17'th to announce the game. Although it's a Saturday, maybe they want to try and time it within a day or two of that event the ride the media wave?

http://batman-news.com/2016/06/14/batman-day-returns-this-september/

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Vid is correct. No surprise there though.

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm sure the Batman game will be officially announced prior to expo but its annoying that the timing of their official game release announcement (with game features, pics, pricing, etc) isn't in sync with when they put stuff on their Facebook page.

Which distributors?

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Also to be crystal clear, stern does not condone preordering nor do they take deposits.

2ea374459507c04f31333b93f5e198e37f07a443 (resized).jpg2ea374459507c04f31333b93f5e198e37f07a443 (resized).jpg

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

And to think that it was pretty recently that Stern issued an official statement indicating that they do *not* endorse pre-orders (through their distributors).

#229 7 years ago

Hilarious! Guess they do now!

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I remember Stern saying their next game would have an LCD
If this is not a VE it's likely to have an LCD?

Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Actually, the only thing Stern has said is that their new display will debut in 2016.

Quoted from PW79:

I recall they really, really, really, reeeeally said the game after GB was to have an LCD

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And to think that it was pretty recently that Stern issued an official statement indicating that they do *not* endorse pre-orders (through their distributors).

I'm sure in their eyes endorsing and allowing pre-orders are two different things. They won't endorse it because that keeps the spotlight off them with LE's sell out quickly and people are upset they missed out, like Metallica. However they continue to allow it to happen on every LE since it's in their best interest financially.

#232 7 years ago

Yep. Contacted by my distributor this morning. $500 Batman Premium (refundable) deposit required to access VIP meet & greet. Worth it? Perhaps. Have to see what the details are. Kinda apprehensive until I know what art will be on it and whether or not it will have an LCD. Is it worth missing $500 for a few months just to talk to shake Adam West's hand and get a picture with him? Don't ask my wife that question.

#233 7 years ago

I didn't say their next game wouldn't have a LCD display....I only said that Stern didn't say the next game was going to. They only said it would debut in 2016.

And it debuted in 2016....and just happened to be the next game.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Yep. Contacted by my distributor this morning. $500 Batman Premium (refundable) deposit required to access VIP meet & greet. Worth it? Perhaps. Have to see what the details are. Kinda apprehensive until I know what art will be on it and whether or not it will have an LCD. Is it worth missing $500 for a few months just to talk to shake Adam West's hand and get a picture with him? Don't ask my wife that question.

Two LCD screens.

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Is it worth missing $500 for a few months just to talk to shake Adam West's hand and get a picture with him? Don't ask my wife that question.

Why...? Does she wanna do more than "shake his hand?"

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Two LCD screens.

Now, that would be something!!!

Quoted from c508:

Does she wanna do more than "shake his hand?"

She'll definitely want to shake something if I tell her I'm spending another $500 before EXPO.

#237 7 years ago

I hope everyone is considering purchasing really thinks this through first. In the last few years we have had peeling decals on the new cabinets. Then there were the spike games blowing boards repeatedly. Right now it is the ghosted inserts on playfields. Now you have sterns first attempt using an lcd. Expect problems guys. If you wanna roll the dice, cool. Just don't start a bajillion threads in 6 months screaming bloody murder because you didn't expect your new 9k toy not to be perfect.

#238 7 years ago

Wait what? I thought the $30 for the Stern party was to meet Adam West and see the new game...

Quoted from ViolinSteve:

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wait what? I thought the $30 for the Stern party was to meet Adam West and see the new game...

The met and greet with Adam West is separate from everything else.

You can see the new game at Expo, even if you don't go to Stern's 30th anniversary party.

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Same here I'm a puzzle guy
That's why I quit posting, I hate all the politics involved. I'm a lurker now.

More fun when you post sir.
Time for a few more of your "guesses" please.

#242 7 years ago

Is it mostly going to be a recycled Batman table, I wonder? There's even the crane there. Either way, it's gonna be awesome.

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from Kaibun:

Is it mostly going to be a recycled Batman table, I wonder? There's even the crane there. Either way, it's gonna be awesome.

The crane may be the only thing coming over.

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from Kaibun:

Is it mostly going to be a recycled Batman table, I wonder?

Since it has an LCD we know it will be a spike 2.0 system which will offer a huge improvement in the sound quality compared to the SAM system in the original dark knight game. I hope the license includes rights to use some of the Nelson Riddle music from the show. Im sure the main theme will be there but the other original score cues would be great as well. If they aren't there I guess pinball broswer could add them.

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Adam West VIP thing is at Expo from 3 to 6 on Friday. Stern party is 8 to midnight a few miles North of the Westin.

LTG : )

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adam West VIP thing is at Expo from 3 to 6 on Friday. Stern party is 8 to midnight a few miles North of the Westin.
LTG : )

So Stern is using expo space for a VIP only party that is taking place of the Stern night at expo normally open to all expo attendees?

#247 7 years ago

For $10K the LCD better have a monthly subscription to Brazzers when I'm not playing.

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

For $10K the LCD better have a monthly subscription to Brazzers when I'm not playing.

Lmao.

#249 7 years ago

'Super LE' ??????

This is getting a bit ridiculous now.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

'Super LE' ??????
This is getting a bit ridiculous now.

Nope, they did one before ...... Thats what they labeled ACDC LE. But then again they were only 6500 on the preorder not 10K. 50% mark up in 4 years. WTF !!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 336 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-batman-66-premium/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.