Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Next year I am looking to get some new stern machines, but haven’t been in the hobby long enough to know how long you can get a NIB stern after its initial release. It doesn’t seem to be consistent. Any ideas how long I’d have to still be able to purchase a new Deadpool Pro, Black Knight Pro, or Jurassic Park Pro? (Plan to get DP first, might be waiting on the second and/or third machine until some time in 2021)

#2 4 years ago

All of them. I think the initial license is usually 3 years.

#3 4 years ago

If a game is selling well, it will stay on the line. Unless a game is a total dud, they usually are produced for 2-3 years. Buying new is great but you can save quite a bit buying used a few years after release.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If a game is selling well, it will stay on the line. Unless a game is a total dud, they usually are produced for 2-3 years. Buying new is great but you can save quite a bit buying used a few years after release.

Has Stern had any duds in recent years? Also, I don’t know how well BK is selling. I’ve heard mixed things. I know people love DP and seem to being incredibly excited about JP.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

Also, I don’t know how well BK is selling. I’ve heard mixed things.

Nobody does unless they work for Stern. Everyone else just "hears" a bunch of things from "their connection" that shakes out to a 50% hit rate on a yes or no question. They'll all be there in 2020.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

how long you can get a NIB stern after its initial release

Stern cornerstone (pro/premium/LE) games are normally on the production line for 3 years. There have been some exceptions such as Mustang and WWE. Even after they go out of production, you may find some titles with distributors until completely sold out.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

Has Stern had any duds in recent years? Also, I don’t know how well BK is selling. I’ve heard mixed things. I know people love DP and seem to being incredibly excited about JP.

No such thing as a dud if you like playing certain games that may not seem as popular. Don't base a purchase on what others like. Go to shows or your local distributor to find out what you like playing.

#8 4 years ago

First off, you have great taste in games!! All three of these games are amazing! I like others have speculated that BKSOR is not selling well because there are a decent number of LEs still available?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

First off, you have great taste in games!! All three of these games are amazing!

Thank you!! When I play Deadpool and Black Knight, I just don’t want to ever stop! Haven’t found any other games quite like that so far.

#11 4 years ago

The guy just likes to hear himself talk. He’s like a tire kicker for NIB games.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

The guy just likes to hear himself talk. He’s like a tire kicker for NIB games.

Maybe he hasn’t owned a game yet and is nervous and/or excited about his decision. Most of us know after you buy the first one getting the next one is no big deal. Yes. The next one will happen.

Op - You can always buy a home use only game on all the new titles also. Highly recommend.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

Nobody really knows sales figures or Stern's future plans. It just makes sense that if one game is popular, they will focus more on producing that title than one where sales are slow. I wouldn't worry about it and play as many games as you can. If you are interested in a title, try to play it more than a few times. Once you find a game that you really enjoy even after playing a bunch then you can figure out if it's best buying nib or used.

#14 4 years ago

Yeah, I already asked a similar question. Getting my first pin is a huge investment, so I’m trying to gather as much information as I can. It’s exciting and terrifying at the same time. I liked SW a ton at first, but now I’m gravitating more to other games.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Maybe he hasn’t owned a game yet and is nervous and/or excited about his decision. Most of us know after you buy the first one getting the next one is no big deal. Yes. The next one will happen.
Op - You can always buy a home use only game on all the new titles also. Highly recommend.

Nailed it! Nervous and excited. Good to know on HUO. I just worry about the quality. Because I have seen a surprising amount of negativity in this community, which doesn’t lead me to want to always trust someone who might be selling. I’m probably overthinking it.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If you are interested in a title, try to play it more than a few times. Once you find a game that you really enjoy even after playing a bunch then you can figure out if it's best buying nib or used.

Great advice!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from DJHens:

Nailed it! Nervous and excited. Good to know on HUO. I just worry about the quality. Because I have seen a surprising amount of negativity in this community, which doesn’t lead me to want to always trust someone who might be selling. I’m probably overthinking it.

You are overthinking it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-availability-dp-jp-bk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.