5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cal50
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

luciBG.jpg
    images-5-516.jpeg
    susan-luci-abc-250-1.jpg
    lucipremium.jpg
    Devil horn rocket launch.jpg
    she devil.jpg
    images-5-165.jpeg
    ACDC translite.jpg
    purgatori1.JPG
    coop-mama-devil-girl-butt-sticker.jpg
    ct80004.jpg
    Unknown.png
    Luci own it now.jpg
    image-194.jpg
    image-795.jpg
    imgres.jpg

There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 5 years ago

I love the hell out of it! Well done Gary Stern, and well played.

#152 5 years ago

No new songs, but more premo's????

#153 5 years ago

You can change the songs yourself.

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

You can change the songs yourself.

How?

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Isn't LUCI one of the gals riding on the Rock-N-Roll train during the intro to the black Ice tour concerts?
    » YouTube video

I believe you may be correct. That is exactly what I thought when I saw it!

#156 5 years ago

Kwiki, i cant find the thread right now but someone has hacked the stern roms and u can pretty much change any sound or animation to your liking. Can some one post the thread?

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

Its not an LE it premium and they can make as many as they want am I correct your not guaranteed a limited collectible number so you can make big money back. Enjoy this new pinball when you can next year markets gonna crash.

Which market is going to crash next year?

The stock market (and so there won't be enough money around to buy expensive toys)?
    or
    The pinball machine buying market (reaching Peak Pinball which will signal the end of pinball manufacturing)?

images-5-165.jpeg
    #158 5 years ago

From Gary:

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen

Because of AC/DC’s tremendous success, we are introducing another Premium model. Our AC/DC Luci Premium (short for Lucifer) has new cabinet, translight and mini-playfield art. Please see the attached photos and press release. These do not do justice to the this stunning game. When you see Luci in person, you will be as excited as I am.

The art features a drawing of Luci reminiscent of pinball art “back in the day” – an artist rendition of a hot pinball lady. She is drawn over a bright red and black background adapted from AC/DC album art.

Luci game play and rules remain the same that Steve Ritchie, Lyman Sheats and their team created for AC/DC Premium and Limited Edition. And Luci has the 12 great AC/DC hits from our AC/DC games

#159 5 years ago

I love original artwork and the older look. But I feel like it seems forced on this design. If they were going to go with a cartoon look, it should encompass the whole playfield. Honestly, the playfield just doesn't match the cabinet and backglass. Sort of like how the Metallica Roadcase doesn't match the playfield and looks sort of off.

#160 5 years ago

The art package is growing on me. I really dig the vintage look. I think that the Metallica and Dirty Donny art packages showed Stern that people appreciate art and pinball. The Luci hopefully is a sign of things to come from Stern. Stern has stated that they have an aggressive lineup of new releases in years to come. If Stern continues this trend with the incorporation of art I will be one happy camper.

she devil.jpg Devil horn rocket launch.jpg
    #161 5 years ago

Has anyone else noticed her tattoo changes boobs and the guitar changes from a left handed to a right handed one! Glad I got my BIB when they were 1st announced!

lucipremium.jpg
    #162 5 years ago
    Quoted from matt_adams:

Has anyone else noticed her tattoo changes boobs and the guitar changes from a left handed to a right handed one! Glad I got my BIB when they were 1st announced!

lucipremium.jpg 125 KB

That's what happens when you flip horizontal in Photoshop and get lazy.

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's what happens when you flip horizontal in Photoshop and get lazy

You would have thought Stern would put a bit more effort into it, or maybe not!

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

That's what happens when you flip horizontal in Photoshop and get lazy.

Dude you used to be a asset to pinside then you joined JJP and it went down hill. I understand you are employed by JJP and you need to support your family, but this Stern bashing BS is getting old fast. You may be better off leaving JJP before they go bankrupt and do what you used to do and that is take care of pinsiders and be cool not a douch. My .02

Edit: Quote from Pinchroma from who is who on pinside thread:
    JJP Team:
    Pinchroma - Alex - JJP OS software/hardware engineer and release/package person.
    I also do pinball powder coating

-Your affiliation with JJP makes you sound really pathetic when talking about Stern and it is really unprofessional and tacky to talk badly about your competition.

#165 5 years ago

As a big AC/DC fan I was stunned to see this "Luci" edition. Luci is not in the Black Ice Tour opening video however she would have fit right in. I have never heard AC/DC play "Lucille" as suggested so it seems clear the name comes from "Lucifer". I see no connection to the band at all. Why would Stern not use the 2 Black Ice video girls so there is a real band tie in? The girls added in the "Underworld" are not them either. The Luci machine will certainly attract attention as a coin op in a bar or arcade, but not the kind of attention I want in my basement game room!

#166 5 years ago

I think many of us are just digesting this one. It's cool, the mini pf especially, how can you not like girls on a pin but it seems forced and no tie in to the band and really really red now. Too bad the black armor did not get the thumbs up for this one. I like it but for route, not for home use.

my opinion of course

#167 5 years ago

I always thought of the lower PF as some sort of iron man type mask, but having the two chicks there seems out if place to me.

I was interested in an acdc premium, and hoping the new premium would force my hand, but I just am reluctant as I have wife and children in the house.

I also dislike the first premium art package but perhaps this new premium will shake some old premiums loose at a lower price. I mean low enough to tempt me past the looks of the pin, by all accounts it's a great pin, but I don't love acdc music overly much, but could put up with it for the sake of playing a fine pin.

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Dude you used to be a asset to pinside then you joined JJP and it went down hill. I understand you are employed by JJP and you need to support your family, but this Stern bashing BS is getting old fast. You may be better off leaving JJP before they go bankrupt and do what you used to do and that is take care of pinsiders and be cool not a douch. My .02

You are way mistaken. I'm not a stern basher at all and buy almost all their new games. I'm also not compensated by JJP so it has nothing to do with feeding my family. I was saying that whoever did the flier got lazy and just horizontally flipped existing artwork. That's a fact. It wasn't redrawn it was just a one click flip and that's why everything is mirror imaged.

#169 5 years ago

I've got one on the way for my new gameroom. We've been looking at digital artwork for so long the hand drawn art really is a refreshing change. It looks new and old at the same time which is really cool. I can't wait to see what my wife will comment on this one. No way I was going to ask for an opinion first.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

You spelled douche wrong.

#171 5 years ago

I'll look for the link but the pinsider that created the code editor was oga83. My brother and I have made custom jukebox plastics for a lot of the people who switched their songs. In fact a lot of people just used our code on their machine as it is a little time consuming putting the songs on it. You can't just put in a MP3. It must be changed to another format and the song must be edited to fit the exact length of the song you are replacing. We replaced Hell Aint a Bad Place to Be, War Machine & Let There Be Rock with Dirty Deed's Done Dirt Cheap, Girls Got Rhythm & Shoot to Thrill. We also changed the Encore song to Long Way to the Top. It is the way the machine should have been made IMHO.

Edit:
    Here is the link to oga83's code editor thread:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

Here is the link to our thread for the custom jukebox plastic:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-acdc-jukebox-hell-yes

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from jitneystand1:

If the NIB buyers lose thousands every time they go to sell one of their pins there won't be many NIB buyers left.

How soon will that point be reached?
    When will we reach Peak Pinball?

#173 5 years ago

Good grief!

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

OMFG I love it! Best version yet! Way to go Stern!!!

Will you buy it?

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

I've got one on the way for my new gameroom. We've been looking at digital artwork for so long the hand drawn art really is a refreshing change. It looks new and old at the same time which is really cool. I can't wait to see what my wife will comment on this one. No way I was going to ask for an opinion first.

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission

#176 5 years ago

You know, that backbox art would be freaking AWESOME if it DIDN'T have Luci on it. I would actually consider that an option if/when I get an ACDC prem if she wasn't on the Backglass......or on the art in general. I really dig the rest of the art package, Luci excluded.

#177 5 years ago

Much ado about nothing. Nice to see Trudeau has put his stamp on his new employer. Underworld looks like CFTBL. Got to think it costs more to do new are than polish up the code with another update. Nice inspired art, but too late for me and would have to be the price I paid in May.

Alan

#178 5 years ago

Not really enthused about this new version as it really has nothing to do with the band at all. A missed opportunity I say. A "Whole Lotta Rosi" or a version based on the Black Ice Tour promo video would have been more my preference.

Predicting these won't sell many units and will be the true "Limited Edition"

#179 5 years ago

I like the idea of Stern creating more original artwork and moving away from the patented "photoshopped old guys" of late, but my god... this garish, trashy monstrosity.

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from Clawhammer:

I like the idea of Stern creating more original artwork and moving away from the patented "photoshopped old guys" of late, but my god... this garish, trashy monstrosity.

I completely agree with you on the original art. I hate all the pins with big photoshoped faces on the backglass. I miss the original art of yester year.

I don't think it a garish, trash monstrosity though. I wouldn't put it in my house either. I would however, as I mentioned in a post above, change out my mini playfeild for that one.

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Or ... he could be right, and you're so busy looking for some reason to bash him that you ignored that and just jumped without looking.

#182 5 years ago

I really like the side art and lower pf on this one. I wish I would have known this was coming out before I bought a new one in August. If someone still hasn't bought an AC/DC but wants the old style, premium version instead, I'd trade mine along with some mods for this "Luci" edition.

#183 5 years ago

Man, this version is hilarious to me personally, because I've been playing with a little AC/DC side project featuring ... a drawing of a sexy devil lady.

Proper red, not pink, but still, now if I release it it's going to look like I stole the idea from Stern. Oh well, just a little fun thing I was messing with, no big deal.

It's an established style (see stickers and figures above) so it's not really all that funny that they look related, just funny timing.

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Man, this version is hilarious to me personally, because I've been playing with a little AC/DC side project featuring ... a drawing of a sexy devil lady.
    Proper red, not pink, but still, now if I release it it's going to look like I stole the idea from Stern. Oh well, just a little fun thing I was messing with, no big deal.
    It's an established style (see stickers and figures above) so it's not really all that funny that they look related, just funny timing.

Very curious to see what you create.

#185 5 years ago

I applaud Stern for making another model of this great game for those that may have been looking for something a bit different. But, I really question who they canvassed for ideas. I can't imagine Steve and the artists sat in a room and someone said "Hey would a female lucifer be a cool model for another premium?", no other ideas? OK, lets just run with it ... It truly has nothing to do with the band or the music and is quite a stretch. Very strange times.

#186 5 years ago

I do hope it sells well because I want to see more handdrawn artwork on machines.

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from dug:

Very curious to see what you create.

I'll still work on it and release some images if I like the end result, not like it's the same thing, or even aimed at the same market, just gonna have to protest that I was working on it before this!

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I applaud Stern for making another model of this great game for those that may have been looking for something a bit different. But, I really question who they canvassed for ideas. I can't imagine Steve and the artists sat in a room and someone said "Hey would a female lucifer be a cool model for another premium?", no other ideas? OK, lets just run with it ... It truly has nothing to do with the band or the music and is quite a stretch. Very strange times.

Yeah it's strange and fan-art-ish because it's just this one character. I think it would have been better/cooler/more fun if the band was included. You've got cartoony versions of them on the DMD -especially Angus....so it wouldn't feel totally out of place. Why not draw a Devil-Angus oogling over the girl...and Brian with Rosie on the train or something....they could have come up with some really funny & attractive "scenes" on the backglass and cabinet.

#189 5 years ago

I dunno, I can tell you that the way I came up with it was first playing with the Angus Young devil character from the Rock and Roll Train video and then realizing that people probably didn't want to stare at another dude, and that going the devilish route with a woman would be more up the right alley. Then I tied it into a "Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be" kinda way, and it all clicked.

I'm not a real AC/DC fan, so that's all based on my limited window into their visuals, no idea if devil chicks actually feature anywhere.

#190 5 years ago

I can't imagine Steve and the artists sat in a room and someone said "Hey would a female lucifer be a cool model for another premium?", no other ideas? OK, lets just run with it ... It truly has nothing to do with the band or the music and is quite a stretch. Very strange times.

You are talking about AC/DC, right? The band that blows a giant blow-up scantily clad Rosie on stage and creates intro videos with scantily clad ladies doing "adult" things with Angus's devil tail? "Luci" seems like a pretty good fit.

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Why not draw a Devil-Angus oogling over the girl...

Heh, I played with that too, even though the project didn't start as a translite. This is that thing I was telling you about last week. I didn't really like how my Angus drawing came out, so I ditched it, we'll see.

I dunno, I don't want to sound like I have sour grapes over them using an idea I was doing, so gonna not start dumping all over this.

#192 5 years ago

Looks pretty cool to me. It doesn't bother me one bit as a Premium owner.

I wonder if this will ship with updated code??

#193 5 years ago

Missed the mark on this one, don't like the artwork.

Now if they had of made a Bon Scott edition, I'd be interested.

#194 5 years ago

If they really wanted to sell a bunch of these, they should have removed the "dancing band" and replaced them with "dancing chicks". Win/Win.

#195 5 years ago

You cant please everyone

#196 5 years ago

However, you can try.

Quoted from davewtf:

You cant please everyone

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

Its not an LE it premium and they can make as many as they want am I correct your not guaranteed a limited collectible number so you can make big money back. Enjoy this new pinball when you can next year markets gonna crash.

Apparently Automated didn't get the memo. Only $9500 plus shipping. What a crook.

ebay.com link » Ac Dc Luci Lucifer Le Pinball Game By Stern Available End Of December New

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Apparently Automated didn't get the memo. Only $9500 plus shipping. What a crook.
    ebay.com link » Ac Dc Luci Lucifer Le Pinball Game By Stern Available End Of December New

Crack is whack!

#199 5 years ago

Hmm, did Susan Luci die? Maybe this is her comeback? Looks like her.. a little.

susan-luci-abc-250-1.jpg
    #200 5 years ago

I do like ACDC pro -

Why don't they bring out a pro with a decent art package?

Never did care about the lower playfield on LE/Premium so would love ACDC pro but not with current art package.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 19.95
    $ 43.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.50
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside