5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cal50
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

luciBG.jpg
    images-5-516.jpeg
    susan-luci-abc-250-1.jpg
    lucipremium.jpg
    Devil horn rocket launch.jpg
    she devil.jpg
    images-5-165.jpeg
    ACDC translite.jpg
    purgatori1.JPG
    coop-mama-devil-girl-butt-sticker.jpg
    ct80004.jpg
    Unknown.png
    Luci own it now.jpg
    image-194.jpg
    image-795.jpg
    imgres.jpg

There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 5 years ago

Has anyone got an actual pricing quote from a distributor?

#102 5 years ago

It's just a premium with different art?

Who the hell is Luci? I don't see connection. Is this from a new AC.dc album?

Purple chick? Ok. Cab looks cool. But I like the Prem translite better.

#103 5 years ago

Luci-fer

#104 5 years ago

Art Department needs new blood.

#105 5 years ago

I like the Pro trans the best. Who wants to sell me one when they buy this version?

#106 5 years ago

Awesome Sauce!!

#107 5 years ago

Whole Lot of Versions.

#108 5 years ago

Looks awesome!!

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Why didn't they just go ahead and offer a Premium Tron with the LE features while they are at it?

What makes you think they won't?

#110 5 years ago

Nonetheless acdc is a helluva game, no matter what art is on it. Other than the pro, they all play the same and it's a fantastic pin to play.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from Trident:

like the art . would be cool if they had done the playfield too.

Very 70s style art! I love it. Too bad I have to leave the hobby now. The value of my ACDC a Premium just took a massive hit. It's just not fun anymore. Will you guys have a candlelit vigil for me?

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Very 70s style art! I love it. Too bad I have to leave the hobby now. The value of my ACDC a Premium just took a massive hit. It's just not fun anymore. Will you guys have a candlelit vigil for me?

I will burn an effigy.

JK. Your ok in my book regardless of our OT banter.
    Post edited by PEN : Context

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Why do you think it took a hit? This new version looks worse.

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:Deleted post

It's the red shirt addition

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I just got my premium delivered today. Have not opened it yet. What are the chances I find this one in there??

Ill trade you mine if you do!

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Why do you think it took a hit? This new version looks worse.

Sarcasm dude.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrobertso2:

It's the red shirt addition

At least one Star Trek Red Shirt Edition disappears every 'episode'

It'd pay to buy a lot of machines because eventually they'll all be wiped out.

rd

#118 5 years ago

Its only $200 More then STD Prem machines. Stern only has time to make a small batch this year then more coming around February of next year. Only a few of us Distro's got to take a bite at this apple this year because its such a small run. We did get our hands on some, so EMAIL OR CALL me if you want pricing.

these are expected to be made mid to late December, and Stern is trying to get them in owners hands by Xmas, but not guaranteed.

jjb@gameexchange.biz
    303-962-4666

AS I said, Only 3 Domestic guys got a bite at the early release games so most of the other Distro's won't have them instock until atleast February.

JJ

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

Has anyone got an actual pricing quote from a distributor?

Email me and I can get you one. I have sent out pricing to about 10 guys so far.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Email me and I can get you one. I have sent out pricing to about 10 guys so far.

Thanks JJ, but Im good. I already have an AC/DC, but this one is growing on me. I like it better now than when I first looked at it.

#121 5 years ago

Anyone else think this new version means a new code update is coming soon?

#122 5 years ago

pepto edition! why pink skin? barbie just went wild?
    regular skin color = 100 x better.

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone else think this new version means a new code update is coming soon?

No

Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ one of the best to deal with!

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

How so? The only LEs were BiB and LTBR...those are the games for "collectors". Premium was always unlimited. This is just an alternate Premium - kinda like how there are 2 Metallica Premiums (Dirty Donny & Road Case versions).
    I'm still perfectly content with my AC/DC Premium purchase...this doesn't bother me at all. If someone hasn't purchased the game yet and this art package does it for them, cool.
    Personally it has a bit of a "fan art" feel about it...and I have the same criticism I did about the Angus face - it doesn't fit the rest of the art package...in this case, the cartoony translite & chicks on the devil's face doesn't match with the "photo" art on the playfield. Or like Metallica Road Case - the photo translite doesn't match the Dirty Donny playfield.
    Now had they redone all the playfield art for this version - featuring cartoony versions of the band members...that might have actually worked for me.

Thought this was LE and Stetn was just looking to cash in on the market bubble. That being said it would be nice if either company would put their efforts to new games instead of third fourth or fifth renditions of the same game.

#125 5 years ago

They just need to tie Luci in the code. The "Underworld" miniplayfield rules could use a few animations and combo shots with Luci and her friend. ;P

#126 5 years ago

Rumor has it that Lyman is working on a 1.66 code update. It will change a Whole Lotta Rosie to a Whole Lotta Luci.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Rumor has it that Lyman is working on a 1.66 code update. It will change a Whole Lotta Rosie to a Whole Lotta Luci.

Hope it does more than just that =)

#128 5 years ago

Well I like the machine, even though I don't know who Luci is. A Rosie edition would fit better (who knows they may make one), but in reality if you listen to the lyrics in Whole Lotta Rosie, she is a really big girl, which might not look very good on a backglass. But you never know, Luci may be a new song on an upcoming album.

#129 5 years ago

Whole Lotta Rosie is one of my favorite dmd animations! And I think most dmd is lame, but that one is hilarious

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

it would be nice if either company would put their efforts to new games instead of third fourth or fifth renditions of the same game.

One has nothing to do with the other. They have teams working on new games while current games sell. What's the difference if they kept selling the current AC/DC Premium vs. this one? As far as R&D into new titles - nothing. It's just a marketing thing....marketing is a different department from design, engineering, coding, etc. All that happened here is an artist made new cabinet and translite graphics. That has no bearing on "efforts to new games".

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Awesome! I think it's great... Oh, no, I didn't mean great. Why would the best programmer at Stern (that is just my opinion guys), be working on a game that is almost unanimously hailed as a great game instead of directing his efforts toward games that really need help?

#132 5 years ago

I really like it, much better than the other versions. Not getting one but still cool. Love the sexy demon chicks. Now someone make a Sherri moon zombie pin!

#133 5 years ago

I really like the added girs but not getting bent out of shape even as a old premium owner. Just glad they did not role out a new "dirty Deeds" Le.

If they sell more pinball machines I see nothing wrong with this. They can't take my year of fun away. Love the chicks in the lower playfield as mine now looks a bit empty.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Love the chicks in the lower playfield as mine now looks a bit empty.

I agree. I think that's the coolest part of this one.

#135 5 years ago

Just ordered one. Looking forward to getting it. Not getting one of the ones coming in Dec, but birthday is in Feb so this will be perfect!

#136 5 years ago

Looks great! Nice art package - I may have to really think about getting one!

#137 5 years ago

I agree with the lower playfield being the best part. I would swap my lower one out for this one if they don't charge an arm and a leg to get one.

I really don't see the uproar on Stern giving people more of what they know they like. Every company does that . When you find something that sells you sell the hell out of it while you can. If making money from it it helps fund the future games they make then great. I personaly like this new version although I have know idea who Luci is and I am an AC/DC fan. I don't like it enough to swap my whole premium out for a new one though.

My first thought when I heard the news was "Damn, I hope that means another code update!" I know most will say not to hold my breath on it but I'm still gonna hope in one hand...

#138 5 years ago

I like it! I want one. But I already have a premium and the premium was already at my max budget for a pinball machine at 6k. If this one is more than that, I refuse to buy it. regardless of how sexy it may be. Since the bubble is bursting, i'll just buy a HUO off of the compulsive buyers down the road for under 6k. Don't think it's possible? you wait until the market is saturated and all these NIB/HUO games have no place to go.

#139 5 years ago

If Stern would make the bottom playfield available on the "Luci-goosy" edition, to the public, what would you be willing to pay for it?
    just curious...

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thought this was LE and Stetn was just looking to cash in on the market bubble. That being said it would be nice if either company would put their efforts to new games instead of third fourth or fifth renditions of the same game.

Actually one company is still working on its 1st game.
    The other is multitasking.

#141 5 years ago

I actually thought that this was a joke when it was first posted. It looks very thrown to together and not particularly appealing.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

If Stern would make the bottom playfield available on the "Luci-goosy" edition, to the public, what would you be willing to pay for it?
    just curious...

Oh hell, I think we could shell out $10 for a couple she-devil stickers and stick them on what we have now - same thing.

ct80004.jpg

And did someone want the Rosie version?

coop-mama-devil-girl-butt-sticker.jpg
    #143 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Why didn't they just go ahead and offer a Premium Tron with the LE features while they are at it?

Because Tron is officially listed as out of production, and AC/DC isn't.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

How so? The only LEs were BiB and LTBR...those are the games for "collectors". Premium was always unlimited. This is just an alternate Premium - kinda like how there are 2 Metallica Premiums (Dirty Donny & Road Case versions).
    I'm still perfectly content with my AC/DC Premium purchase...this doesn't bother me at all. If someone hasn't purchased the game yet and this art package does it for them, cool.
    Personally it has a bit of a "fan art" feel about it...and I have the same criticism I did about the Angus face - it doesn't fit the rest of the art package...in this case, the cartoony translite & chicks on the devil's face doesn't match with the "photo" art on the playfield. Or like Metallica Road Case - the photo translite doesn't match the Dirty Donny playfield.
    Now had they redone all the playfield art for this version - featuring cartoony versions of the band members...that might have actually worked for me.

I agree with all of this.

Even with the new cartoon artwork not matching the rest of the artwork, if I were buying now I'd have to think hard about which version to go with because there is a lot to like about this new version. Actually...wouldn't have to think hard at all, because my wife probably wouldn't allow this in the house.

#145 5 years ago

It'll be cool to see what the Pinball Refinery does to it.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Actually...wouldn't have to think hard at all, because my wife probably wouldn't allow this in the house.

I have the opposite case, my wife was opposed to the original because of the ugly band members on it and actually likes this version much better. It would be more welcomed in the house.

#147 5 years ago

I cannot be the only one who will be doing this mod. A little pink paint will go a long way.

purgatori1.JPG
    #148 5 years ago

Isn't LUCI one of the gals riding on the Rock-N-Roll train during the intro to the black Ice tour concerts?

#149 5 years ago

I will add it here, This should of been the backglass for this game....

ACDC translite.jpg
    #150 5 years ago

Metallica has 2 premium offerings

Now ACDC does too

It's nice to have options

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.50
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 129.00
    Lighting - Led
    LED OCD
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 224.99
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.99
    Playfield - Other
    Lee's Parts
    $ 4.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside