Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cal50
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

luciBG.jpg
    images-5-516.jpeg
    susan-luci-abc-250-1.jpg
    lucipremium.jpg
    Devil horn rocket launch.jpg
    she devil.jpg
    images-5-165.jpeg
    ACDC translite.jpg
    purgatori1.JPG
    coop-mama-devil-girl-butt-sticker.jpg
    ct80004.jpg
    Unknown.png
    Luci own it now.jpg
    image-194.jpg
    image-795.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #52 10 years ago

If/when this can be had for the same price as normal premiums, I will consider one. Really dig the new art.

#53 10 years ago

OMFG I love it! Best version yet! Way to go Stern!!!

#54 10 years ago

I think this would look pretty good minus the cartoon chick - I like the solid black and red but with the "luci" in there I just dont get it.

And who is luci?

These companies are terrible at marketing and creating a loyal fan base. They probably produced too many parts or machines etc. Instead of allowing the prices to drop like any other product, they try and reskin them and make more money.

It would be like Apple introducing the 5C phone with the new colors and instead of making them cheaper made them more then the new iPhones with better components. Is this greed or stupidity.... someone please help me out here.

If they blew them out at a cheaper price then when they launched I would pick one up, thats normally how retail works right? I should have taken some business classes in college I cant figure out the strategy. This concept shit the bed when the LE no longer means Limited, new term will be ULE - unlimited edition = business model broken, bye bye collector fanbase

#55 10 years ago

I retract my statement there not LE never mind. Dumb asses in the pinball world right now can't wait for the crash next year no ones gonna wana jump on LE anymore, let's face it most only want something collectible that if they don't like can make a pretty return on. Not If they make more LEs after the fact this is turning me off and I'm not even in on it forget your pre orders jjp and stern from now on you want get as many as before.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Gary learning from JJP on how to alienate their collector base? Guess you can't patent poor business practices.

How so? The only LEs were BiB and LTBR...those are the games for "collectors". Premium was always unlimited. This is just an alternate Premium - kinda like how there are 2 Metallica Premiums (Dirty Donny & Road Case versions).

I'm still perfectly content with my AC/DC Premium purchase...this doesn't bother me at all. If someone hasn't purchased the game yet and this art package does it for them, cool.

Personally it has a bit of a "fan art" feel about it...and I have the same criticism I did about the Angus face - it doesn't fit the rest of the art package...in this case, the cartoony translite & chicks on the devil's face doesn't match with the "photo" art on the playfield. Or like Metallica Road Case - the photo translite doesn't match the Dirty Donny playfield.

Now had they redone all the playfield art for this version - featuring cartoony versions of the band members...that might have actually worked for me.

#58 10 years ago

"Luci, you've got some 'splaining to do!"

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

How so? The only LEs were BiB and LTBR...those are the games for "collectors". Premium was always unlimited. This is just an alternate Premium - kinda like how there are 2 Metallica Premiums (Dirty Donny & Road Case versions).
    I'm still perfectly content with my AC/DC Premium purchase...this doesn't bother me at all. If someone hasn't purchased the game yet and this art package does it for them, cool.
    Personally it has a bit of a "fan art" feel about it...and I have the same criticism I did about the Angus face - it doesn't fit the rest of the art package...in this case, the cartoony translite & chicks on the devil's face doesn't match with the "photo" art on the playfield. Or like Metallica Road Case - the photo translite doesn't match the Dirty Donny playfield.
    Now had they redone all the playfield art for this version - featuring cartoony versions of the band members...that might have actually worked for me.

I thought so too till I found out there will be new LEs

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

I thought so too till I found out there will be new LEs

Oh? What are the new LE's?

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

How so?

They reworked it a little

image-194.jpgimage-194.jpg

#62 10 years ago

Hopefully its just a premium with different translite ( no backglass ), no serial #, signed playfield, and no shaker. It does not have the water jetted siderail and I hope that the art work on the mini is just mylar overlays.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

The reworked it a little...

I said "all" Adding cartoon chicks on the devil's face looks like a mod. It's not cohesive with the rest of the art package. Had they drawn all the band members in the same style, it would look cool.

#64 10 years ago

I like the art but I dont get who Lucy is. The chick in the translite is different than the mini playfield. So is Stern trying to add some cartoon ass to the game?

#65 10 years ago

i don't care about the reason, for me as a non ac/dc fan it's the best looking pin , hot chicks and pinball Yesssssssssssss

#66 10 years ago

Good questions any ac/dc freaks out there know who Luci is?

#67 10 years ago

Best looking version yet!

#68 10 years ago

It looks like the mini PF targets have chick decals on them too.

#69 10 years ago

wait im confused, isn't this what people wanted? stern to rerun games already out, so they can have their programmers concentrate on code for other games? yes it is a new art package, and yes the price is ridiculous but at least the programmers don't have to work on a new title while these are being produced.

#70 10 years ago

Lower pf marginally improved,tho I hated the "flame man",woulda preffered even Angus,tho realise I am on my own re that one!!
    REALLY don't think it justifies the price,in face re backglass/translite the other cartoon alternate one would suit this better.

It woulda been worthwhile if a lot more of the artwork,for me,had gone down the cartoon artwork route.
    Woulda probably have binned my MOP if it had been the case

poibug

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Good questions any ac/dc freaks out there know who Luci is?

Only a guess but they've been doing 'Lucille' by Little Richard for a long time live.

#73 10 years ago

She looks hot though!

Luci own it now.jpgLuci own it now.jpg
    #74 10 years ago

Just photoshopped them together.

Enjoy!

Unknown.pngUnknown.png

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

She looks hot though!

Luci own it now.jpg 17 KB

Red head

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

"Luci, you've got some 'splaining to do!"

Look Luci the box say Fraaagggggille , it's imported from Italy !

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Forgive my ignorance, but who is "Luci," and how does she tie in with AC/DC?

Nevermind. I figured it out! It's an acronym: Limited Unfinished Code Included Edition!

#78 10 years ago

luci-fer ?

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh? What are the new LE's?

I'm not sure just as confused as pinmister from what I read thought there was more LEs maybe not don't quote me I'm confused too. Let's just wait for smoke to clear.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

She looks hot though!

Hotter than Jessica Rabbit?

#81 10 years ago

If they release the lower playfield separately with agnus face on it, that would be great.
    I just dont get why they didnt release a rosie Version.
    But maybe LUCI is one of the bew Songs on the upcoming album...?

#82 10 years ago

Why does it look like she was hosed down with pepto?

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from jjsrt8:

I'm not sure just as confused as pinmister from what I read thought there was more LEs maybe not don't quote me I'm confused too. Let's just wait for smoke to clear.

I will quote you:
    "I'm confused" -jjsrt8

There are no new LEs. This is a new Premium.

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

New Stern AC/DC Luci introduced
    http://www.sternpinball.com/
    Get it while it is hot?
    How many of these premiums will Stern churn out of factory. Seems like AC/DC premiums will be even more saturated? Wow

Luci.jpg 19 KB

This one caters to the clammers and muff divers

#86 10 years ago

I'll dig on demon sluts as much as the next guy, but I have to say I'd take any of the other versions over this one. It's just too cheesy or gimmicky or something.....

#87 10 years ago

I thought this was just another forum joke... I had to go to Stern's website to see it and believe it...

#88 10 years ago

RIP LE market! Glad I never got to hung up on the LE games. Always overpriced IMO.

#89 10 years ago

The girls are very .... pink ....

The two down on the mini playfield look better than the one on the cab IMO

Maybe the reds are just boosted in the pictures, as the rails and legs look incredibly red.

It'll be interesting to see one in the flesh.

I won't be selling my Premium to get one though.

Would I swap for a Luci? Maybe. Would I pay extra for a Luci? No.

rd

#90 10 years ago

Lol mnpinball's girl should have been put on the game

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

RIP LE market! Glad I never got to hung up on the LE games. Always overpriced IMO.

This isn't an LE, it's a Premium.

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from grifter:

Just photoshopped them together.
    Enjoy!

Unknown.png 453 KB

Naah, those don't work that well together, the cartoon girl should have orange and yellow...

And if I wanted to a have picture of a girl in the translite, I would prefer this:
    http://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/media/l_translite_acdc_pinball_stern_01.jpg

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

Naah, those don't work that well together, the cartoon girl should have orange and yellow...And if I wanted to a have picture of a girl in the translite, I would prefer this:http://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/media/l_translite_acdc_pinball_stern_01.jpg

i sell those in my shop, but prefer the cartoon version

http://www.zpeakabonks-pinball-paradise.com/boutique/translites-alternatifs/translite-ac-dc-03.html

#94 10 years ago

This would be the bomb:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/AC-DC-Pinball-Alternate-Translite-too-many-versions-/00/s/NTc2WDc3OA==/z/sSoAAMXQKLdRzhdx/$T2eC16R,!zUE9s38+GpWBRzhd%29NfPg~~60_3.JPG?rt=nc

I like this because of the nice bells

Edit: For some reason pinside does not copy the whole URL, you've got to copy the address manually
    into the browser.

#95 10 years ago

I like the regular Premium better... That's a wholotta red!!

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

If/when this can be had for the same price as normal premiums, I will consider one. Really dig the new art.

Looks like they are the same pricing as normal premiums roughly. If you look on ebay, $7095 shipped is possible and similar to what the standard premiums are going for on ebay too.

#97 10 years ago

I just got my premium delivered today. Have not opened it yet. What are the chances I find this one in there??

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I just got my premium delivered today. Have not opened it yet. What are the chances I find this one in there??

Slim and none.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from RacerRik:

I thought this was just another forum joke... I had to go to Stern's website to see it and believe it...

I honestly thought it was a joke as well. But I guess not, I like the idea of hot chicks but not pepto looking ones.

#100 10 years ago

Ugh, I think this looks pretty darn ugly. The regular Premium looks way better in my opinion.

There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-acdc-luci/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.