Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JimB
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

st2017.gif
Kirk_Bones_avatar.gif
oh_yeah.gif
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I really want it to be good, which means it will suck.

Also producer from Abrams' Treks make me uncomfortable.

Too much whiz-bang Trek, and not enough creative application of real science Trek.

Whiz bang Trek is better for films, I concede. But this is to be a show.

The previews for the fan based film, Star Trek Axanar (?), look GREAT, by the way.

#52 4 years ago

I liked the recent movies ok, but not enough to ever rewatch them or yearn for more. They were way too star warsy. I mean it w probably a necessary choice. Without a TV series, you can't build up enough emotional investment in new characters in a 2 hour feature.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Keep being a pissant when you ask for material that's right in front of your face.
"Old Trek" is dead. Sorry about the butthurt, bro.

I rebuked you online game suggestion as a replacement for a dedicated, scripted show, and you reacted like a baby.

So who's butthurt now?

And why are you obsessed with butthurt? Something to do with your lifestyle perhaps?

#54 4 years ago

Game of Thrones is the number one torrented show in the world, and it still makes bank for HBO.

I wouldn't worry about CBS.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wait... WTF!?!?
$6/mth isn't already Ad-free?!?

Nope. http://cordcutting.com/review-of-cbs-all-access/ Up to 4 commercials per break. And no DVR style skipping either, so enjoy them, knowing you're paying for it.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope. http://cordcutting.com/review-of-cbs-all-access/ Up to 4 commercials per break. And no DVR style skipping either, so enjoy them, knowing you're paying for it.

Yup. Looks like they lost me so have fun with the new series boys and girls. I'll wait for the BR vids to come out.

#58 4 years ago

Why get hooked on it when its only going to last for one season. Only crap shows like Atlanta Housewives or Honey Boo Boo (yes...its coming back) seem to survive sometimes. But this pay to watch commercials on alternative networks spells "doom" for ST.

#59 4 years ago

Ugh, paying for ad content is the worst. Before Hulu's ad-free plan, turning on Hulu felt just plain grimy. Since going ad-free, it's actually an enjoyable experience like Netflix. The problem is I definitely don't care about CBS's shows more than $6 worth. Hopefully this does get a blu ray release.

#60 4 years ago

No way I'm paying for Ads.

Dumbest "plan" I've ever heard offered.

#61 4 years ago

the good news is that we are getting new star trek. With streaming and dl'ing, we will have access to it, one way or another.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yup. $5.99 a month.
And this is why the people saying "streaming = fail", because it will be. Obviously streaming as a model is perfectly acceptable for lots of things. Nobody gives a shit about subscribing to CBS. People will torrent it, they won't see the sub bump they hoped for, and the show will be canceled.

I think this is exactly right. Hope CBS changes their mind about streaming only.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

An epic show like a new ST series and people are gonna pay $$$ to watch it on their tiny phone screen so they can be cool. BIG TIME fail. Not me, I want to watch it on a big ass screen.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

people are gonna pay $$$ to watch it on their tiny phone screen so they can be cool.

you can get it on your TV as well with the right setup (like chromecast)...it's the price of an overpriced cup of coffee, drink up...you know you want to

#65 4 years ago

This is the networks being late to evolve and then trying to catch up with Netflix and Amazon in the most incompetent way possible. Kudos to them for finally realizing it is time for a new Star Trek series. Boo for charging us twice! The next thing you know the Captain on the show will be drinking cans of Coca Cola and riding around in a Ford Focus shuttle craft.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

you can get it on your TV as well with the right setup (like chromecast)...it's the price of an overpriced cup of coffee, drink up...you know you want to

Oh I know that but soooo many will be watching it on a tiny screen and then will say "I'm paying for this...it looks like crap and the story line sucks". They'll lose the entire effect, scope if you will of the show. "Oh here comes the big bad Klingon ship ready for battle", yeah 1 inch "big" on the small screen. I can here it now. Sure I want it but I'm not gonna pay to watch commercials, that's why I don't have cable now. Back in the 80's when cable first came out it was great, no commercials, you could watch a movie all the way through. I had it then but when they started running commercials I dumped it and have since saved thousands of $$$. I'd watch it on free over the air with commercials, I can live with that. I'll buy it when it comes out on BR.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

In-theater movie previews/coca-cola ads?

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

That said, yes, I agree. No way.

#69 4 years ago
#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

When they started showing commercials in theaters, we used to take in air horn cans and honk through them.

Now I skip all previews entirely, because the promotion people are too dumb to not give away every surprise the movie has during the preview....

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When they started showing commercials in theaters, we used to take in air horn cans and honk through them.

and how many theaters did you get thrown out of?

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Probably not as many as the ones in which he received a standing O.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My friends and I would sit in opposite corners and honk away.

The audience was laughing along with us as the ushers would be searching down every row with their flashlights.

Can't do it any longer cuz they have IR cameras to watch for people recording, but it was a blast for a while.

#74 4 years ago

IR Cameras won't help find a hidden honker.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

IR Cameras won't help find a hidden honker.

You have not seen where I hide the honker

#76 4 years ago

Just in case some of us forgot, we have to wait till 2017.

st2017.gif

#77 4 years ago

Enjoy the latest while you wait, well done:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside