Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

st2017.gif
Kirk_Bones_avatar.gif
oh_yeah.gif
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 8 years ago

Beam me up!!

#3 8 years ago

Article doesn't really say much. Is it going to take place in the Prime time-line, or the alternative time-line?

What year?

Details....details...

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Article doesn't really say much. Is it going to take place in the Prime time-line, or the alternative time-line?
What year?
Details....details...

So looks like it will run concurrently with TOS but not be related to the current film's. Hope they do NOT mess this up, I fear it will be Star Trek's last chance for TV if it fails.

Make it so!

#5 8 years ago

What year?
Details....details...

Sounded to me from the article that it's the new timeline, and runs concurrently with the movie series. Kind of like how First Contact and Insurrection ran at the same time DS9 and Voyager were going on...

#6 8 years ago

Streaming Only = FAIL

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Streaming Only = FAIL

Tell that to pewdiepie...

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Streaming Only = FAIL

No one watches TV or Cable anymore. The only money is on demand and streaming. Sling, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon are the real money makers.

Terrestrial television = dead.

#9 8 years ago

1/2017 1 show free, the rest on demand via CBS all access

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

No one watches TV or Cable anymore.

I have not had cableTV in years.

Don't miss it one bit, and the HDTV that comes off the rooftop antenna is 1000x better resolution than Comcraps downrezed fake HD.

#11 8 years ago

"Streaming Only = FAIL"

No. See "House of Cards" and "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix and "The Man in the High Castle" on Amazon as a for instance.

From what I've read, streamed series are a win-win for everyone from the actors/producers to the consumers. I'm pretty excited to hear about this new series!

#12 8 years ago

How about just 'CBS All Access' streaming being a fail. If it was on Netflix or something, great. But not sure who's going to pay for CBS streaming standalone.

Related: in process of cutting the cord in our household. Got a Tablo DVR setup over weekend for OTA, feeding to Roku. We already pay for amazon prime and Netflix anyway so added free trials of hulu plus, HBO now and Sling TV.

So far so good.. It is definitely more awkward than normal TV, but it seems like its all there. And even paying for all those services after the free trials is $50 savings a month over cable, so will pay for equipment in 6-9 months.

#13 8 years ago

Every new TV comes with a suite of online tools, usually includes amazon prime, hulu, netflix...streaming doesn't mean sitting at your laptop like the 90's. TV is streaming these days basically.

#14 8 years ago

I want a damn Star Trek show to take place after the events of DS9, Voyager, Nemisis, and the destruction of Romulus.

An Early 25th century show...so we can find out what the F has been going on!

Mostly destroyed Cardassian Union....mostly destroyed Romulan Empire.....such power vacuums! Do the Federation and Klingons become closer, or does the power vacuum foster old rivalries??

#15 8 years ago

You know, I'd be real interested in watching a 'New Frontier' show..

That's my $.03 on the whole thing.

#16 8 years ago

I want a damn Star Trek show to take place after the events of DS9, Voyager, Nemisis, and the destruction of Romulus.
Mostly destroyed Cardassian Union....mostly destroyed Romulan Empire.....such power vacuums! Do the Federation and Klingons become closer, or does the power vacuum foster old rivalries??

Go play Star Trek Online...that's exactly what it's covering....

"The game is set in the 25th century, 30 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis"

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"The game is set in the 25th century, 30 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis"

Nah, I'm not looking for fan fiction dressed up as canon.

#18 8 years ago

*roll eyes*

#20 8 years ago

Guys, These were the key bullets for me:
"a totally new Star Trek television series"
"The new television series is not related to the upcoming feature film Star Trek Beyond "

So I read it's going the be Star trek - but not related to a specific timeline... or existing series.
I'm ok with CBS online... I'll just have to get my Steam box / netflix / PC ready by then... plenty of time.

#21 8 years ago

Keep rolling 'em.

#22 8 years ago

Keep rolling 'em.

Keep being a pissant when you ask for material that's right in front of your face.

"Old Trek" is dead. Sorry about the butthurt, bro.

#23 8 years ago

So many actors to bring back from TNG, Voyager, and DS9....
I hope this is a huge success....

Looks like the cost to Produce one episode of TNG was $2 Million
So I can imagine that CBS may be just testing the waters with this format of streaming..

image.pngimage.png

#24 8 years ago

Some have aged better then others...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Some have aged better then others...

oh yeah.gifoh yeah.gif

#26 8 years ago

Nah, like most TV characters from my youth they remain ageless.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

yep, and it's pretty great.

#28 8 years ago

Damn, you really are Captain Kirk!

#29 8 years ago

I'm really excited for a new series, but what is CBS All Access? Is this going to be another thing I have to pay for in addition to Netflix, Amazon and cable just to watch this series? I doubt I'm interested in anything else on CBS so hope it isn't so.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Is this going to be another thing I have to pay for in addition to Netflix, Amazon and cable just to watch this series?

I think they said every episode will be on kat.cr for free.

#32 8 years ago

Star Trek works better on TV than in movie format, so that's great news. Many of the best episodes like Darmok and Measure of a Man aren't exactly exciting summer blockbusters. I really hope they stick to how Star Trek used to feel but since everything needs to appeal to the tangentially interested masses these days I'm not going to get overhyped.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have not had cableTV in years.
Don't miss it one bit, and the HDTV that comes off the rooftop antenna is 1000x better resolution than Comcraps downrezed fake HD.

Agree 100% picture quality over the air is phenomenal/ hard to believe you get that picture quality through good old rabbit ears. Comcast has some decent Internet though.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm really excited for a new series, but what is CBS All Access? Is this going to be another thing I have to pay for in addition to Netflix, Amazon and cable just to watch this series? I doubt I'm interested in anything else on CBS so hope it isn't so.

Yup. $5.99 a month.

And this is why the people saying "streaming = fail", because it will be. Obviously streaming as a model is perfectly acceptable for lots of things. Nobody gives a shit about subscribing to CBS. People will torrent it, they won't see the sub bump they hoped for, and the show will be canceled.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yup. $5.99 a month.
And this is why the people saying "streaming = fail", because it will be. Obviously streaming as a model is perfectly acceptable for lots of things. Nobody gives a shit about subscribing to CBS. People will torrent it, they won't see the sub bump they hoped for, and the show will be canceled.

Yee have Faith

I know lots of people (myself included) have gone off the grid and dumped comcast Cable...
CBS is the #1 network
If they pull this off successfully, it could open many future doors

#36 8 years ago

Hey, you never know. Best of luck to the faithful who pony up the $5.99 to watch some episodes. I'll pass. I would maybe DVR it or watch on Netflix or Amazon, something I already pay for (I also pay for HBO, Starz, and Showtime). But not interested in throwing another six bucks at another service. Don't care about their content, not going to pay for it.

The future might be streaming, but it's not going to be nickel and diming us over every different content provider trying to roll their own service. Pass.

#37 8 years ago

But it's Star Trek...a new series of Star Trek...if you are going to get fleeced, that's the time to do it. Pay the 5 bucks and take it like a Klingon.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

But it's Star Trek...a new series of Star Trek...if you are going to get fleeced, that's the time to do it. Pay the 5 bucks and take it like a Klingon.

Or like a Borg..

Resistance is Futile.....

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yup. $5.99 a month.

Unfortunately, this means I'll wait until they release it on DVD and watch via Netflix one year later. I'm ok with streaming in general from a few services, but I'm not going to pay individually for every channel.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

but I'm not going to pay individually for every channel.

That was everyone's dream for the last 30 years; "I only want to pay for the cable channels I watch....screw ESPN, FOX, HSN, Golf, OWN, LOGO"

On average, Americans get 189 cable TV channels and only watch 17, because most of them are pure crap.

#41 8 years ago

Looking forward to it.

#42 8 years ago

I'm with vid.... which is shocking. I'm all for All-la-cart TV channels...
I do think $6 / month is highway robbery for one channel.... but I'll wait for them to actually publish details on the show before I determine if I'm going to sign up for that.

#43 8 years ago

I can't wait for a new ST series. I hope it doesn't suck like enterprise did. I didn't know the captain from voyager was the same lady that plays red in Orange is the new black.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That was everyone's dream for the last 30 years; "I only want to pay for the cable channels I watch....screw ESPN, FOX, HSN, Golf, OWN, LOGO"
On average, Americans get 189 cable TV channels and only watch 17, because most of them are pure crap.

I pay for 3 general streaming services and 2 specific channels right now. When this comes out, I'll subscribe to this. I'll still be under half of what a cable bill costs and I'll have what I want to see all day every day, more content than I could ever watch.

Watching what you wanted when you wanted was shit until just the past few years. Paying for what you want instead of awful bloated cable plans is awesome. But people still complain because everything ever made isn't on an $8 Netflix plan.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, you never know. Best of luck to the faithful who pony up the $5.99 to watch some episodes. I'll pass. I would maybe DVR it or watch on Netflix or Amazon, something I already pay for (I also pay for HBO, Starz, and Showtime). But not interested in throwing another six bucks at another service. Don't care about their content, not going to pay for it.
The future might be streaming, but it's not going to be nickel and diming us over every different content provider trying to roll their own service. Pass.

For a new Star Trek Series, $5.99 a month is nothing. Even if it is the only thing you will watch on the service.... I even gladly pay $5.99 "per episode". Hell, if my contribution would help keep Star Trek alive assuming it doesn't suck I gladly pay $10 per episode.

I supported this as well. However, the production quality is very low. I enjoyed the first episode but I do not find this level of quality acceptable for a real series in terms of today's standards. Rewind to the 90's then it would probably do well. As much as I loved seeing ST actors acting it would not stand up to the mass on a network and would be canceled instantly. The new show needs to entertain and impress non-Trekkies as much as the diehard fans that will eat up whatever they can find. However, I did enjoy it for what it is. But even as a diehard fan, it did not feel like Star Trek.

This is Episode 1:

#46 8 years ago

I hope it is about exploring unknown deep space.

#47 8 years ago

I personally really hated the last movie but am glad a new Star Trek show is being developed and miss there being a Trek show on TV.

#48 8 years ago

If it's not over the air I'll wait till it comes out on BR.

#49 8 years ago

Are the rumors true that the shows surrounds Captain Wesley and his ships encounters with the Borg? Supposedly this leads to an all out war between the Borg and Federation which eventually leaves Earth and its colonies destroyed. Admiral Picard then leads a fleet of the last remaining ships on a voyage to find a long lost human colony on the other side of the galaxy while the Borg attempt to search and destroy the fleet.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are the rumors true that the shows surrounds Captain Wesley and his ships encounters with the Borg? Supposedly this leads to an all out war between the Borg and Federation which eventually leaves Earth and its colonies destroyed. Admiral Picard then leads a fleet of the last remaining ships on a voyage to find a long lost human colony on the other side of the galaxy while the Borg attempt to search and destroy the fleet.

Hmmmm, that sounds vaguely familiar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-star-trek-tv-series-announced-for-cbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.