(Topic ID: 88800)

New Star Trek Nebula mod from Pinball Refinery. VERY COOL!!

By Zdoor

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2014-04-25 11.38.10.png
neb.png
Screenshot 2014-04-25 11.38.02.png
Screenshot 2014-04-25 11.36.00.png
#1 10 years ago

Nice upgrade that maintains factory look of game. Provides color changing lighting via a 6 LED 5050 SMD panel behind the factory nebula plastics. Mod can be set to 1 color, blinking or 3 and 7 color fade (recommended) via remote control. Simple installation with plug and play operation. No permanent modifications are made to the machine. Remotes and wiring are hard wired using the same idc and molex type plugs used by Stern for reliability (no easy disconnecting LED strip type connectors). Very nice upgrade for your Star Trek.

Optional LED strip can be added above the Nebula area mounted to the cabinet area below the head to add additional lighting to the nebula area and amplify the effect.

Works with All models of Star Trek Pro/Premium/LE $65 plus shipping

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/product/category=7060584&id=36122237

neb.pngneb.png
Screenshot 2014-04-25 11.36.00.pngScreenshot 2014-04-25 11.36.00.png
Screenshot 2014-04-25 11.38.02.pngScreenshot 2014-04-25 11.38.02.png
Screenshot 2014-04-25 11.38.10.pngScreenshot 2014-04-25 11.38.10.png

#2 10 years ago

That turned out very nice . The fourth video is the best . PM sent.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

That turned out very nice . The fourth video is the best . PM sent.

Thanks. It's a nice subtle mod that looks great in the game.

#4 9 years ago

Wow!! Looks great - please take more of my money.. Wish all your products were not so damn awesome - I'm broke!!
Keep up the amazing work!

1 week later
#5 9 years ago

Already bought one and it's on its way. Great job again guys. Posting pics on aussie arcade too when it's installed. Already have the led strip with colour changing speakers otherwise I would also get the extra led strip

1 week later
#6 9 years ago

put me down for this mod when you do my games.

#7 9 years ago

Very nice . This is the Wow factor !

3 weeks later
#8 9 years ago

If anyone has installed the lights, I am installing the nebula lights but am unsure of the following in the instructions:

For step 9 the instructions read “plug your RGB controller into the 12V service outlet located at the front left of the game. I can’t find this service outlet. Is it in the cabinet or attached the playing field. Please advise and if someone could take a picture that would be appreciated!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from ritewhereiwant2b:

If anyone has installed the lights, I am installing the nebula lights but am unsure of the following in the instructions:
For step 9 the instructions read “plug your RGB controller into the 12V service outlet located at the front left of the game. I can’t find this service outlet. Is it in the cabinet or attached the playing field. Please advise and if someone could take a picture that would be appreciated!

It's a 3 prong connector inside the cabinet in the right front.

#10 9 years ago

Thank you Tmezel! Found it. It was a bit buried and it didnt help that I was looking on the left... duh....

#11 9 years ago

Got it finalized this morning. Very nice mod, really adds to the nebula look and feel. This one is recommended for sure, nice idea Giovanni!

If anyone is good with plastics and graphics it would be great to make up small nebula shaped plastic molds that could slip onto the screw head that hold the nebula plastics in place. Hiding the screw heads would be a really nice finishing touch...

3 months later
#12 9 years ago

Our machine comes in on Thursday.
Looks like my Nebula mod arrived with no install instructions.
Can someone post them here?
Can't seem to find any on the web.
I'm sure it is fairly easy, but it would be nice to know how the wires are run and exactly where to stick the LED's.

#13 9 years ago

OK I have been thinking about getting a ColorDMD Sigma for STLE. How does this integration work? I thought the ColorDMD just stayed as one selected color. I didn't realize it had this capability. Is this a function of the nebula mod?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK I have been thinking about getting a ColorDMD Sigma for STLE. How does this integration work? I thought the ColorDMD just stayed as one selected color. I didn't realize it had this capability. Is this a function of the nebula mod?

Hi John,

Here's some info and the original video demo:
http://www.colordmd.com/ColorChange.html

The video shows the kit from speakerlightkits.com but the nebula controller from Pinball Refinery is similar. Pinball Refinery has also been doing some really cool stuff to integrate the SIGMA display with playfield and cabinet lighting effects!

Randy

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Our machine comes in on Thursday.
Looks like my Nebula mod arrived with no install instructions.
Can someone post them here?
Can't seem to find any on the web.
I'm sure it is fairly easy, but it would be nice to know how the wires are run and exactly where to stick the LED's.

Got an email from Pinball Refinery with a PDF of instructions.

2 years later
#16 6 years ago

Still available?

#17 6 years ago

Pretty sure these never saw the light of day...
OP (or others) feel free to correct me.

AFAIK; my product is the only one still on the market.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-star-trek-nebula-mod-from-pinball-refinery-very-cool?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.