• 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GalacticAwards.png
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Starting a separate discussion focused on the rules, scoring, and bugs associated with the Level 1 Galactic modes.

<< SPOILER ALERT >>
If you don't want to know about the Galactic modes and discover them for yourself, stop reading.

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

I'll paste some posts from the huge ST 1.5 code thread for reference.

#2 9 years ago

SKB: The tier 1s are great now cause after 3 shots you have the choice to start a galactic event which each tier 1 is completely different from the next.

TimeBandit: Holy crap. Just went into a KMB on 42mil and galactic ramps going and came out the other side with 98mil. There is real leverage in the tier one modes now. Massive.

TimeBandit:
Galactic awards:

Nero - Galactic Red matter
Prime Dir - G Lanes
KB - G Ramps
DtD - G Spinner
Sp J - G Vengeance
StE - G Warp ramp.

Sometimes the callouts don't go off, but some underlying awards flash. Vengeance flashes at the insert, as does the warp ramp, and the main ramps don't seem to. Red matter definitely does flash, as do the toplanes. Spinner doesnt flash. But it is the same for each mode each time. They also all reset the clock for longer time and just keep paying as you hit them. Vengeance only seems to pay one hit. Ramp combo logic carries over with the first combo doubling, then 10k increases.

Edit. Main ramps flash at the insert. And they alternate when you hit them.

SKB:
So after you hit 3 mission shots, away team shot is lit and if you hit it right away you'll get the default amount of points per hit during the galactic mode. But if you have time, hit some more of the mission shots (combos especially), then get the away team shot and your galactic mode score values will be increasingly better. The hardest mode I've found to increase this value is destroy the drill. While modes like Klingon battle and Nero are a but easier to build that galactic scoring.

And if your good, you can save Klingon battle I for when you build warp ramp to 9, then start 3 in a row super ramps, then start Klingon battle, hit 9.1 for double scoring and start Klingon battle galactic event for galactic ramps and cash in!

Frolic / TimeBandit:
Does Galactic Away Team need to start before the mode 1 timer expires? Seems like a tall order to shoot 3, then shoot some more to build it, then cash it in before the 30 seconds is up.

Yep. You do get extra time for actual scoring though.

Slyce:
If you thought that the chopping wood was in the tier one missions then yes, the chopping is gone due to the away mission feature.

You still have to make the away team or mission start shot to change mission or go on to the next tier, however if you are about to make the final shot to end a mission you can select the next mission at mission start/away team right away.

Away team is like a mission within a mission with rules more like those of the tier 2 and 3 missions. So yeah, you can compare them to for instance Mary Jane in SM. These have some really cool shots. So far I have tried these:

>>> Galactic Spinner (activated in DTD):
Shoot the spinner for 25K (base value if you start it after 3 mission shots) X number of times until completion OR shoot the left kick out.

>>> Galactic Lanes (activated in PD):
Use the lit beam me up lanes to progress.

>>> Galactic Ramps (activated in KB):
Alternate shots to the left and right ramps.

>>> Galactic Vengeance (activated in SJ):
A single shot to the vengeance drop target

These are really fun missions and they add a new level of urgency to my game when I try to make the away team shot with the timer running out =)

Rarehero:
-The only Away Team/Galactic Event that has a visual cue is the lanes, as they turn dark blue. The other Galactic Events have no cue, so if you miss Admiral Steven's callout, you don't know what you're shooting for. Solution: All Galactic Events need a blue insert cue. They should use the small Enterprise inserts, as those are only lit red for Combos...in a Galactic Event, that insert can be blue (solid or pulsing maybe). In the event of a Combo, it can alternate blue/red (like the Starfleet inserts when events are stacked). For the Pro, a pulsing effect on the Enterprise insert would work.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

>>> Galactic Vengeance (activated in SJ):
A single shot to the vengeance drop target

Slyce:
I found the same to be true, the SJ Galactic event is just a single shot to Vengeance, and struck me as underwhelming from both a gameplay and scoring perspective --- meaning that it seemed to prematurely end the mode, and the point value for the one shot could have been dwarfed by a few more combo SJ mode shots, I think.

However, from a movie plot perspective -- bravo! Making one final shot into Vengeance where it's held works perfectly with the characters having to shoot into the tiny window on the ship (DMD sequence plays this out).

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Slyce:
I found the same to be true, the SJ Galactic event is just a single shot to Vengeance, and struck me as underwhelming from both a gameplay and scoring perspective --- meaning that it seemed to prematurely end the mode, and the point value for the one shot could have been dwarfed by a few more combo SJ mode shots, I think.
However, from a movie plot perspective -- bravo! Making one final shot into Vengeance where it's held works perfectly with the characters having to shoot into the tiny window on the ship (DMD sequence plays this out).

Yes, I think the strategy for Galactic vengeance should be to make a couple of more shots in the regular mission before you switch over to the galactic event to score more points for the vengeance shot. I personally don't have the nerve to wait very long before I go for the away team shot though =)

#5 9 years ago

The galactic modes are cool, but I wish completing them carried over into Kobiyashi Maru the same way artifacts carry over into Final Frontier.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Slyce:

Ha, I actually didn't even connect the dots on how perfect that integration with the movie is. That is great!

I have yet to be able to do it, but I would think a good run on the main Space Jump lv 1 part (say, 7+ shots with some combos) and then the Galactic Vengeance shot as a combo to double it would give you quite a nice payout.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The galactic modes are cool, but I wish completing them carried over into Kobiyashi Maru the same way artifacts carry over into Final Frontier.

Well, it does, basically. Galactic is tough to activate but you can get some high scores from them. Those lv 1 mission scores are then used in KM as the jackpot values.

I was excited earlier because I got my best lv 1 mission score ever of over 10 M and then I got to KM. But I couldn't hit anything and lost KM quickly. Only got like 500,000 from it.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Those lv 1 mission scores are then used in KM as the jackpot values.

Could you elaborate on this. How do the level 1 mission scores affect KM jackpots? Has this always been the case, even on the old code?

#9 9 years ago

Yes, this has always been true. The 2nd shot to each shot on KM is a value related to your score on the related mode (by color of insert: this is the same shot as the shot doubler for the same mode, with the exception of the warp ramp/vengeance). If you complete all six second shots (12 total jackpots), you complete KM multiball.

#10 9 years ago

Yeah, you're basically a fool now for timing out modes, unless you're just into playing in the most boring conservative way possible. Galactic modes are fun, they make the level one modes way more interesting, and they'll really add up at KM multiball too I'm sure.

It was a super smart move on the team's part to do them, and combined with letting the last shot to the mode starts also count towards starting the next mode the game's wood chopping is gone as far as I'm concerned.

#11 9 years ago

For the Prem/LE it would be awesome if when the Galactic mode = Warp Ramp if the chase lights on the ramp would pulse to let you know to hit it.

#12 9 years ago

My only gripe with the Galactic modes is I'm not skilled enough to trigger them regularly before the mode 1 timers run out, but I guess that's on me. It's good design to have things for all skills in the game and I won't be winning any tournaments.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

My only gripe with the Galactic modes is I'm not skilled enough to trigger them regularly before the mode 1 timers run out, but I guess that's on me. It's good design to have things for all skills in the game and I won't be winning any tournaments.

Yeah, but it gives you something to shoot for, and builds the pressure on you, so now the Level 1 modes feel like they're worth doing. Even if you're not nailing Galactic all the time you're having fun trying to get them going, instead of waiting for a timer to run out. That's why they were such a brilliant addition.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Same here, but it's cool when you have a good run and rack up some points. I got 10 M in DTD lv 1 today; by far my highest lv 1 score ever.

I swear sometimes I actually do worse now, though, because I get tempted to always go for away team and then I brick it repeatedly and drain.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Same here, but it's cool when you have a good run and rack up some points. I got 10 M in DTD lv 1 today; by far my highest lv 1 score ever.
I swear sometimes I actually do worse now, though, because I get tempted to always go for away team and then I brick it repeatedly and drain.

During my 4-5 plays I got to put in last night, for the modes that I noticed my total, DTD was definitely my highest score. Don't know why. Around 10M twice.

On previous code rev, my best ever mode was nearly 15M on Nero level 1, but that was a "in the zone, making every shot" kind of situation.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

couldn't you extend the timer for the L1 missions?

#17 9 years ago

Positioning of the awards makes sense… after all

GalacticAwards.pngGalacticAwards.png

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from astaroth:

Positioning of the awards makes sense… after all

GalacticAwards.png 408 KB

Does the Captain's Chair flash during Galactic awards now, too? I didn't think it did.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Does the Captain's Chair flash during Galactic awards now, too? I didn't think it did.

Don't think so.. Just didn't know where to put the title and it made sense to put it there.. just wanted something to better memorise the award locations as they don't seem to be well advertised visually with some exception.

#20 9 years ago

I don't know if this was a bug or what but I got Galactic Vengeance and I think I had Vengeance Multiball ready to go also. Well when I hit the Vengeance, instead of starting with launching 1 extra ball it launched 2. After I hit the Vengeance ball on the magnet I got a 4-ball multiball instead of 3.

Was this because I started Vengeance multiball while galactic vengeance was on?

#21 9 years ago

Did you happen to bounce off the Black Hole shot on your hit to the Vengence? Black hole can add a ball to the vengeance battle even before you release the ball held by the magnet.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For the Prem/LE it would be awesome if when the Galactic mode = Warp Ramp if the chase lights on the ramp would pulse to let you know to hit it.

The other day I thought the only Galactic mode that had a visual cue was the Lanes...but a few of them do. I noticed that Galactic Red Matter inserts all turn pink & Galactic Warp ramp Starfleet insignia blinks green. Earlier I said that I thought all the Galactic modes should turn blue....but I see they're going for the color of the mode you're in....so, that's cool - I just hope they do something consistent. So far we've got solid inserts, a blinking insert... maybe inserts for Galactic modes should change to the mode color & pulse. I think a pulse would be a good visual cue for Galactic modes, as I don't think we ever see an insert pulse effect for anything else....and that would be good for Pro owners since they can't change the colors of the lanes or red matter - at least they'd see the pulsing effect.

#23 9 years ago

Third galactic lane scored 770000 for me, then all three lanes lit up again, got a fourth in, but didn't have enough time to complete the rest. So this is supposed to be added to the point value on the second shot in Kobiyashi MB later?

I tried going into the status report, held one flipper in while the ball was in the shooter lane via the away team shot, hit the other flipper to try to speed up the status report and the ball launched instead.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from bitCurrier:

I tried going into the status report, held one flipper in while the ball was in the shooter lane via the away team shot, hit the other flipper to try to speed up the status report and the ball launched instead.

Yeah, this double flipper launch thing sucks, I gotta go into the settings and find where to turn that off. I have a plunger and the Punch It! button already, not sure why I'd ever even want it. Super laziness? Don't have to move your hands?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, this double flipper launch thing sucks, I gotta go into the settings and find where to turn that off. I have a plunger and the Punch It! button already, not sure why I'd ever even want it. Super laziness? Don't have to move your hands?

if the Punch It! button is broken, that would be the only way to start modes. which is what happened to me, mode selection was on and I forgot about this

Post edited by briandols: because calling it the Punch! button is lazy

#26 9 years ago

Hmm, I guess so. I'd rather just fix my button.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, this double flipper launch thing sucks

Yeah, that default must have changed with the update? I never hit it before but now had it happen twice accidentally already. Going to have to turn it off.

#28 9 years ago

When I went through my settings, my eye did catch that double-flipper launch was set to On as default with this update. Which is unusual as I can't think of another game that defaults that to on.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The other day I thought the only Galactic mode that had a visual cue was the Lanes...but a few of them do. I noticed that Galactic Red Matter inserts all turn pink & Galactic Warp ramp Starfleet insignia blinks green. Earlier I said that I thought all the Galactic modes should turn blue....but I see they're going for the color of the mode you're in....so, that's cool - I just hope they do something consistent. So far we've got solid inserts, a blinking insert... maybe inserts for Galactic modes should change to the mode color & pulse. I think a pulse would be a good visual cue for Galactic modes, as I don't think we ever see an insert pulse effect for anything else....and that would be good for Pro owners since they can't change the colors of the lanes or red matter - at least they'd see the pulsing effect.

OK, I'm an idiot....it seems that ALL the Galactic events have lights/inserts associated with them...I just thought they were the main mode's shots that were lit.

OK, so quick question. Can you complete the Galactic events? Like - I had Galactic Spinners going...there doesn't seem to be any indication on the DMD that you have a certain amount of spins to go or something.

Why does Galactic Spinners light the spinner & Mode Start inserts?

#30 9 years ago

There's no goal to galactic events as far as I can tell. They just keep paying until time is up. The extra insert on G spinner seems to be there so you can combo every shot. You don't have to send the ball off to some unlit ramp wasting a shot to setup a combo.

#31 9 years ago

Galactic events are just for bonus scoring. Rack up the galactic shots then hit the multi-colored final shot insert (when it's time) and watch your score go WEEEEEEEEE

Edit: I was able to pull off an 18M space jump 1 with a galactic vengeance shot of 12M

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from bitCurrier:

if the Punch It! button is broken, that would be the only way to start modes. which is what happened to me, mode selection was on and I forgot about this

Only in the scoop: in the plunger lane, you can just plunge the ball. Y'know, with the plunger.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Did you happen to bounce off the Black Hole shot on your hit to the Vengence? Black hole can add a ball to the vengeance battle even before you release the ball held by the magnet.

Yep, I must have done. I just tried it again tonight (Vengeance Battle while Galactic Vengeance was on) and it just added one ball like normal. So I think that I must have hit Black Hole or something before.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Galactic events are just for bonus scoring. Rack up the galactic shots then hit the multi-colored final shot insert (when it's time) and watch your score go WEEEEEEEEE
Edit: I was able to pull off an 18M space jump 1 with a galactic vengeance shot of 12M

Nice! So once you started SJ's Galactic event, we're you able to keep increasing the Vengeance payoff value by hitting any other major shot? When I played SJ Galactic, no other shots were lit but the Vengeance.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Nice! So once you started SJ's Galactic event, we're you able to keep increasing the Vengeance payoff value by hitting any other major shot? When I played SJ Galactic, no other shots were lit but the Vengeance.

Every time I start Galactic Vengeance, it's always one hit & done...mode ends. Not sure if this is a bug or as intended...I mean, it makes story sense - you're trying to space jump into the Vengeance! So - you hit the shot...bam, Kirk & Khan land in the ship! However, isn't the point of the Galactic modes to rack up more points? Seems weird that you only get one shot. SKB is the points-master...what do you think?

I also just realized how well the Galactic shots were picked for the stories of the modes. Nero gets red matter cuz the red matter is in his possession....Save the Enterprise gets the Warp Ramp because Kirk & Scotty are trying to fix the warp drive...the Beam Me Up lanes work with Prime Directive since Kirk & Bones are trying to escape the aliens (and later on they have to beam Spock out of the volcano). Clever coding!

#36 9 years ago

I'd like to find out more about how that one multi-colored insert out of all the final shots works. Unsure if it was tied to galactic mode or not when I played and perhaps the location of that shot is another goal tied to the shot<->mode map. That's my hope for tomorrow anyway.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from bitCurrier:

I'd like to find out more about how that one multi-colored insert out of all the final shots works. Unsure if it was tied to galactic mode or not when I played and perhaps the location of that shot is another goal tied to the shot<->mode map. That's my hope for tomorrow anyway.

The dual-colored final shot is worth 2x. Not tied to Galactic mode...was there in the previous code.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I was racking in combos and shots during SJ which was increasing the galactic event scoring. Then when I hit the away team shot and started galactic vengeance, I hit warp 9.1 for double scoring then combo'd into the vengeance. I was amazed to see a 12M galactic vengeance SJ hit followed by 18M total cause until that point I thought it was a pointless mode with it being one and done as rare hero mentioned.

Sort of on a side note: a few times I hit. 3 space jump shots, started galactic vengeance, finished it and started another mission all within 15 secs. Was kind of nice to just breeze through a mission for a change. I like the one and done aspect of that mission and as RH mentioned, ties into the story line perfectly.

Quoted from Rarehero:

The dual-colored final shot is worth 2x. Not tied to Galactic mode...was there in the previous code.

Unless I misunderstood the question I have reason to believe it does tie into the galactic mode. For example, I was doing DTD, and started galactic spinner for 25k spin hits and got add time so had approx 40 secs of hammering the spinner and that's all I was focused on. Then I hit the multicolored final shot for around 10+ mil - would have been 20+ had I combo'd it or lit double scoring.

I've had games where I only get 2 or 3 mil from missions, then others where it's off the charts at 15M+! It's those games I need to focus on the kobayashi Maru and see how big those JPs are. It's this diversity and randomness based on play that I love this update thus far (bugs aside).

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I was racking in combos and shots during SJ which was increasing the galactic event scoring. Then when I hit the away team shot and started galactic vengeance, I hit warp 9.1 for double scoring then combo'd into the vengeance. I was amazed to see a 12M galactic vengeance SJ hit followed by 18M total

This makes mores sense now -- the SJ Galactic value is dependent on your SJ performance PRIOR TO shooting the Away Team. I believe my SJ Galactic shot was worth approx 3M (no combo, no 2x PF), which is right in line with the 12M you got for a 4x shot.

It's worth noting that for SJ -- at least -- your galactic base payout is based solely on PRE-Galactic scoring, and the base value is fixed when you begin SJ Galactic. Whereas DTD, Nero, etc (perhaps all the rest??) have Galactic scoring that -- while possibly tied to pre-Galactic performance -- has an timed unlimited potential for scoring.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Unless I misunderstood the question I have reason to believe it does tie into the galactic mode. For example, I was doing DTD, and started galactic spinner for 25k spin hits and got add time so had approx 40 secs of hammering the spinner and that's all I was focused on. Then I hit the multicolored final shot for around 10+ mil - would have been 20+ had I combo'd it or lit double scoring.

Hmmmm, so using DTD Galactic as an example: is the DTD Galactic ultimate final shot payout (the flashing left scoop) similar to a MET-like Crank It Up risk/reward, where your final shot value is a summation of your Galactic scoring, and if you drain or your timer runs out, your miss the opportunity to cash in?
And do you only get one chance for your cash in --- meaning: even with 10 seconds left on your galactic mode timer, if you hit the left scoop, you cash in and your mode ends?

If so -- and I hope it's the case -- I like it.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

This makes mores sense now -- the SJ Galactic value is dependent on your SJ performance PRIOR TO shooting the Away Team. I believe my SJ Galactic shot was worth approx 3M (no combo, no 2x PF), which is right in line with the 12M you got for a 4x shot.
It's worth noting that for SJ -- at least -- your galactic base payout is based solely on PRE-Galactic scoring, and the base value is fixed when you begin SJ Galactic. Whereas DTD, Nero, etc (perhaps all the rest??) have Galactic scoring that -- while possibly tied to pre-Galactic performance -- has an timed unlimited potential for scoring.

Exactly; except there is a timer so a risk/reward of unlimited potential scoring is non existant. They're all a bunch of hurry up modes which is awesome! (IMO). It keeps the game speed fast, fun, and intense!

Quoted from Snailman:

Hmmmm, so using DTD Galactic as an example: is the DTD Galactic ultimate final shot payout (the flashing left scoop) similar to a MET-like Crank It Up risk/reward, where your final shot value is a summation of your Galactic scoring, and if you drain or your timer runs out, your miss the opportunity to cash in?And do you only get one chance for your cash in --- meaning: even with 10 seconds left on your galactic mode timer, if you hit the left scoop, you cash in and your mode ends?
If so -- and I hope it's the case -- I like it.

No; the final shot does not appear until your galactic mode timer expires. Then every main shot (even blackhole i think?) lights up for the final shot except one (sometimes two) multi-colored 'bonus points' shot. If memory serves the bonus shot for each mission is:

DTD - Left Scoop
Klingon Battle - Left Ramp
Prime Directive - Right Ramp
Space Jump - fuzzy memory....right orbit? but none for galactic vengeance as it completes the mission
STE - Left or Right loop
Nero - hmmm, dont remember.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No; the final shot does not appear until your galactic mode timer expires. Then every main shot (even blackhole i think?) lights up for the final shot except one (sometimes two) multi-colored 'bonus points' shot. If memory serves the bonus shot for each mission is:

DTD - Left Scoop
Klingon Battle - Left Ramp
Prime Directive - Right Ramp
Space Jump - fuzzy memory....right orbit? but none for galactic vengeance as it completes the mission
STE - Left or Right loop
Nero - hmmm, dont remember.

I don't believe Black Hole is one of the final shots; it's the main 7 insignia shots, plus Away Team now in 1.5 (possibly only if it was lit from 3+ shots during the mode -- not sure).

Space Jump's final shot is the Vengeance. Nero -- going along with some of the previous comments -- doesn't seem to have one. At least not lit differently.

#42 9 years ago

I played a game about an hour ago. Nero did NOT have a final "bonus points" shot lit.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I played a game about an hour ago. Nero did NOT have a final "bonus points" shot lit.

Nero just has every shot lit when it's time for the final shot. Perhaps by design? Like…Nero 1 is just a super easy mode for newbs?

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nero just has every shot lit when it's time for the final shot. Perhaps by design? Like…Nero 1 is just a super easy mode for newbs?

Perhaps.

If that were the case, though, I think that all the shots would be multicolored to cash out on the galactic mode. I believe I saw a mode that had multiple (2?) multicolored inserts flashing at the end of the mode. It would maintain consistency throughout the game.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Perhaps.
If that were the case, though, I think that all the shots would be multicolored to cash out on the galactic mode. I believe I saw a mode that had multiple (2?) multicolored inserts flashing at the end of the mode. It would maintain consistency throughout the game.

The dual-color shot isn't a "cash out" shot…it's always been there as a 2x shot.

Space Jump's Galactic shot is Vengeance - and you only have to hit it once, and it ends the mode. There's no cash out, you just get the points for hitting that shot.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The dual-color shot isn't a "cash out" shot…it's always been there as a 2x shot.

I think I was too interested in figuring out how to play (what to shoot) in each Galactic mode, and didn't pay attention to them to note if each Galactic has a multi-color flashing shot to cash out your Mode and/or Galactic total.

Does each Galactic mode still have the multi-color 2x shot still lit? Or is it just SJ Galactic?

Speaking of which, with SJ's normal mode multi-color flashing 2x shot being the Vengeance, what benefit is there to doing SJ's Galactic event (same shot, right? same points awarded?)

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No, SJ's regular mode final shot is the Vengeance.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I think I was too interested in figuring out how to play (what to shoot) in each Galactic mode, and didn't pay attention to them to note if each Galactic has a multi-color flashing shot to cash out your Mode and/or Galactic total.
Does each Galactic mode still have the multi-color 2x shot still lit? Or is it just SJ Galactic?
Speaking of which, with SJ's normal mode multi-color flashing 2x shot being the Vengeance, what benefit is there to doing SJ's Galactic event (same shot, right? same points awarded?)

One of us is confused. Some Level 1 modes always had a dual color 2x final shot. They still do, but now if you start Galactic event, it comes after your Galactic timer runs out. I don't think it has anything to do with cashing anything out, because some modes (Nero, Space Jump) don't have dual color final shots.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One of us is confused. Some Level 1 modes always had a dual color 2x final shot. They still do, but now if you start Galactic event, it comes after your Galactic timer runs out. I don't think it has anything to do with cashing anything out, because some modes (Nero, Space Jump) don't have dual color final shots.

I see what you mean, and I think I'm confused.

So similar to the regular modes -- which all have a "final shot" where all shots are lit, but one/two shots are multi-colored for 2x the Final Shot value -- the Galactic modes also have a "final shot" aspect. But Galactic modes only have one/two final shots available instead of all shots lit. Correct?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

I see what you mean, and I think I'm confused.
So similar to the regular modes -- which all have a "final shot" where all shots are lit, but one/two shots are multi-colored for 2x the Final Shot value -- the Galactic modes also have a "final shot" aspect. But Galactic modes only have one/two final shots available instead of all shots lit. Correct?

No. All shots become active for final shot even if you were in a galactic mode. But it would be cool if only the galactic mode shot and maybe the mission start were lit as final shots if you started a galactic mode, so you can do a setup combo for a final shot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-st-150-code-galactic-modes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.