(Topic ID: 214598)

New spot in DC: "Player's Club"

By Rdoyle1978

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Went there last night - what a great place! The theme is "your parents' game room in the 1970s" but your parents probably didn't have

4 pins (all Sterns at the moment - currently: SWLE, AS, IM, GOTG) - they had a guy manning the glass all night, wiping them down over and over again. it was impressive

10-15 arcade games: mostly dedicated - Afterburner, Mortal Kombat I, Centipede, (can't think of the rest), and a bunch of multicades, including 3 cocktails!

3 Basketball hoop games

a whole shelf of board games

Jukebox filled with all 70s/80s music

3 pool tables

Foosball -

SKEEBALL!

Star Wars posters on the wall, Lynda Carter / A-Team / Atari promos and stickers under the bartop

This place *committed* to the scene. Really fun place. Good beer on draft, food provided by Shake Shack next door.

1400 14th St. Player's Club.

https://www.playersclubdc.com/

#2 6 years ago

That’s cool they were keeping them clean. I usually bring window cleaning wipes with me to clean off the machine in my local area.

I’ll have to make my way up there and check it out.

#3 6 years ago

Nice. Will check it out.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffc:

Nice. Will check it out.

It’s like a 3 minute walk from one of my customers - I am going to spend a lot of money there....

Seems like they plan to rotate games fairly regularly, too.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s like a 3 minute walk from one of my customers - I am going to spend a lot of money there....
    Seems like they plan to rotate games fairly regularly, too.

Get them to join the Stern Army.

#6 6 years ago

Would love to see them get a few classic 70s-80s pins to fit the decor. We're a little spoiled for new Sterns around here these days, five years ago a new place with 4 new pins woulda been mind-blowing...

#7 6 years ago

How many people walk in thinking it's a strip club and then leave?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

How many people walk in thinking it's a strip club and then leave?

LOL that’s what I thought it was at first too

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Get them to join the Stern Army.

Good thought. There’s a places mile up

Quoted from westofrome:

Would love to see them get a few classic 70s-80s pins to fit the decor. We're a little spoiled for new Sterns around here these days, five years ago a new place with 4 new pins woulda been mind-blowing...

There’s always Lyman’s. They have a Cyclops, Paragon and Pabst Can crusher right now, alongside Tron, STLE, SW, Houdini(!) and a couple others. Literally 1 mile north on the same road

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-spot-in-dc-players-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.