Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_00000342.jpg
image-409.jpg
SpiderManSoftware.jpg
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Hi, I was browsing the new Stern website and game code section (where have the versions changelog files gone??), and for Spiderman I've found a file named SPD26164.ZIP . Inside the zip is a file dated 12/2012 slightly smaller than the one in the old 2.6 archive, dated 11/2010. Is this a new 2.61 version? Never heard about it. If yes, where's the changelog if it exists?
I've UTFSE of the forum but found nothing.

Thanks.

#2 9 years ago

Stern send me this answer regarding the code 2.61:

"Yes this is the new version. We hope to have the revision logs back on our website soon."

#3 9 years ago

Hmm 2.61 is 1.4megs smaller than the 2.60 code also.

#4 9 years ago

Has anyone downloaded this yet ? And how is it ? What changed?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Has anyone downloaded this yet ? And how is it ? What changed?

Downloaded - yes, installed - no. If even Stern didn't know what they have changed...

#6 9 years ago

Hopefully instant info!

#7 9 years ago

Cleaning up the DMD animations and adding more would be the dream scenario.

#8 9 years ago

Smaller file eh? Maybe you don't need to hit Goblin so many f'n times!
I'll test'r out when I get back from holidays

#9 9 years ago

I believe it fixed the loud blasting sound that would happen from time to time.

#10 9 years ago

i just played one game on it and didn't notice that much. seemed like some additional sandman animations but may be mistaken. could've just never noticed 'em before..

-jon

#11 9 years ago

web animations with pop bumper hits..

#12 9 years ago

Why aren't more people talking about this? Someone figure out what's been changed!

#13 9 years ago

doesn't stern usually list the changes on the web page?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I believe it fixed the loud blasting sound that would happen from time to time.

That was fixed in the November 2010 2.6 update.

#15 9 years ago

Here's a screen shot of each update opened with Pinball Browser.

SpiderManSoftware.jpgSpiderManSoftware.jpg
#16 9 years ago

64 bit scoring. Was released at the same time as last ACDC update

#17 9 years ago

So what's the verdict on this? Should I update mine to this one?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

So what's the verdict on this? Should I update mine to this one?

ditto........yes/no???

#19 9 years ago

The added adjustment is: 0x40 COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

64 bit scoring. Was released at the same time as last ACDC update

Seems amazingly cool that they would release an update for a Title this old.....relevance and respect to SM!!!

#21 9 years ago

it actually looked like quite a few more images were added by that pinball browser pic

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

it actually looked like quite a few more images were added by that pinball browser pic

That's what I noticed too.... Hmmm......

Also if you notice on under the images section on the right hand side there seems to be big difference in the numbers (compressed, raster, e.t.c). I wonder if they cleaned some images up??

#23 9 years ago

So... having never updated a machine before, how would one go about doing this? And did we get a yay/nay on the update yet?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

So... having never updated a machine before, how would one go about doing this? And did we get a yay/nay on the update yet?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I can't imagine it would break your machine. Be the first girl! Do it!

It's super easy to update:
- Format USB stick to FAT32 (right click on it in PC -> Format -> Fat32)
- Download new software and unzip it to the flash drive
- Insert flash drive into cpu board with machine off and flick the top dip switch over
- Turn on game and it will boot into a software update mode.
- Click the update icon, crack a beer, and wait for it to finish

#26 9 years ago

I tried to play both updates side by side with the animations synced. There were a couple of spots where the new version would get ahead of the old version (bank bust area and mid Sandman animations). That would lead me to believe that the new version has fewer animation frames than the older one. BUT...when I go back and look at the scene in question (Doc Ock ripping the vault door off) they have all the same animations (though they are compressed differently...motion 9, raster 12, ect).

The quality on them look the same on pinball browser and it just seems to be a case of the newer version of these scenes play a bit smoother or faster in Pinball Browser

The new version obviously has 35 extra frames of animation somewhere, but that could be fonts or something unused.

#27 9 years ago

I installed it in my game. Hopefully players like it.

LTG : )™

#28 9 years ago

i'm fairly certain i noticed some new animations during 'amazing spider-man", venom, and sandman. but again, not sure...

#29 9 years ago

Yes I'm waiting on if anything was added or just a piece here or there

#30 9 years ago

also, i feel like they extended the match sequence animation. but may be the placebo effect

#31 9 years ago

The only new animations are setting menu icons. Most pertaining to ticket dispensing.

So has anyone that has this updated tried to use the instant info? Anything more than what ball is in play, the bonus and replay and high scores?

#32 9 years ago

i noticed web slinging animations when the pop bumpers fire. am i incorrect in saying that's new?

#33 9 years ago

Coin door flies open when you start superhero mode and hits you in the junk. I cant believe they added that.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Coin door flies open when you start superhero mode and hits you in the junk. I cant believe they added that.

omg, yessss!!!

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i noticed web slinging animations when the pop bumpers fire. am i incorrect in saying that's new?

I just played a game on 2.6 and the only thing going on on the DMD when a ball is in the pops is text and a number countdown of how many more hits you need to hit the next pop level.

When I mentioned earlier that the only new animations were menu settings icons. That is the case, but there may have been animation in 2.6 that simply were not used in the 2.6 gameplay.

#36 9 years ago

I don't want to reset my high scores. I'll probably never make it to Super Hero again......

#37 9 years ago

they're simple but cool...

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well I probably will not have to worry about that.

#39 9 years ago

or maybe i was just seeing things after i started super-hero and got hit in the junk...

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Well I probably will not have to worry about that.

Got your junk removed eh?

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I can't imagine it would break your machine. Be the first girl! Do it!
It's super easy to update:- Format USB stick to FAT32 (right click on it in PC -> Format -> Fat32)- Download new software and unzip it to the flash drive- Insert flash drive into cpu board with machine off and flick the top dip switch over- Turn on game and it will boot into a software update mode.- Click the update icon, crack a beer, and wait for it to finish

Ah, so in other words... tell tech savy husband to do it. Got it.

Don't know if he'll like the new Superhero Junk Bash mode though, so I just won't tell him about that part...

#42 9 years ago

I looked through the Messages section with Pinball Browser....all I saw that was different were mentions of Tickets, Redemption and more error messages that pertained to updating the software or dumping the audits.

Instant info showing how many balls are locked is all I had really hoped for as it is the most needed feature in my opinion, but my guess is this software is just something they made up when the ticket dispensers were released and they just gave it to ops that added ticket dispensers. Lets not forget this isn't anything really new as the software is dated Aug 19, 2011.

I know there is an Iron Man update out there that was never released that DOES add extra instant info. I had heard that they were hoping to add extra instant info to a lot of older games....but since they are not even willing to release the version of Iron Man that has it....I'm guessing the chances of releasing that for other games is also pretty slim.

So I hope someone finds something new, I would think checking to see if there was instant info added or verifying the reported "web slinging" animations during pop bumper hits would be an easy check, but I'm not updating until I hear something solid. Believe me, I don't have an issue with wiping out my scores or even updating for anything....except it's a pain in the arse to pull the light board out to do an update on my Spider-Man.

Heck....even the "disable tilt when coin door is open" option would be something to update for. Never mind pulling the glass on a stuck ball. Just open that coin door and shake that thang loose. Add that with the coin door ball save option and it's game on!

#43 9 years ago

Pretty effing lame that Stern can't provide documentation about their own software update. Get it together, Stern.

#44 9 years ago

Well if you look at the date in pinball browser above it's years old (from like 2011). Most likely notes weren't written and they didn't plan on releasing this update... Lyman would probably have to go back through it all over again just to remember the nuance's he changed between the two versions of code. It seems like it just kinda slipped through the cracks to the public when they re-did the website (which that in itself is kinda lame)....

Looking forward to more updates on whats new

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Well if you look at the date in pinball browser above it's years old (from like 2011). Most likely notes weren't written and they didn't plan on releasing this update... Lyman would probably have to go back through it all over again just to remember the nuance's he changed between the two versions of code. It seems like it just kinda slipped through the cracks to the public when they re-did the website (which that in itself is kinda lame)....
Looking forward to more updates on whats new

Please tell me they use source control...knowing what changed should be easy.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I installed it in my game. Hopefully players like it.

Hi Lloyd, can you elaborate? Would there be a reason players may " not" like it ( value your opinion)? Thanks...mark

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

» YouTube video

Hey! I made that video!

I can't believe anyone other than me has watched it!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hi Lloyd, can you elaborate? Would there be a reason players may " not" like it ( value your opinion)? Thanks...mark

If a player says they don't like it, I'd ask why.

No idea off hand what a player may like about an update or not like.

#49 9 years ago

Voltron is helping us update now. Of course I just got on the scoreboard right before he came downstairs to update, but whatever. Will report any changes I can see, if it doesnt blow up.

image-409.jpgimage-409.jpg
#50 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Voltron is helping us update now. Of course I just got on the scoreboard right before he came downstairs to update, but whatever. Will report any changes I can see, if it doesnt blow up.

image-409.jpg 145 KB

Voltron says...."Woooooo! Update!!"

Hey...is that really your only USB drive?

Pete

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-spiderman-code-261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.