3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mandelbloom
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1457204058253-495217873_(resized).jpg
310x90_ebay_store_logo_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160305_121644042_(resized).jpg
speaker_grill_Skull_(resized).JPG
speaker_grill_biohazard2_image_(resized).JPG
speaker_grill_stark_image_(resized).JPG
speaker_grill_dragon_image_(resized).JPG
speaker_grill_biohazard_image_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Modfather pinball have developed some new designs for GOT and TWD. We are offering 2 different designs for both. GOT has Stark or Targaryen, and TWD has 2 different biohazard designs. The speaker inserts are cut from thick black acrylic and look best when used with speaker lights. Colored speaker grills will also be available for a nice contrast when the pinball machine is off. GOT in gold and TWD in red. There is much more pinball mods in development including a new GOT acrylic topper at a great price point. These and other pinball mods can be seen at www.modfatherpinball.com
speaker_grill_dragon_image_(resized).JPGspeaker_grill_stark_image_(resized).JPGspeaker_grill_biohazard2_image_(resized).JPGspeaker_grill_biohazard_image_(resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

can you make some for T2 and Scared Stiff?

#4 3 years ago

I am not in love with the Metallica ones currently available...... C'mon

#5 3 years ago

I agree MET needs some speaker grill lovin. Some sort of Pushead design would be pretty cool. Make it happen.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I agree MET needs some speaker grill lovin. Some sort of Pushead design would be pretty cool. Make it happen.

I actually have some really cool designs for Metallica right around the corner, stay tuned.

#7 3 years ago

Sweet! Will they include designs for the round speaker cutouts on the newer run? Can't wait.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Sweet! Will they include designs for the round speaker cutouts on the newer run? Can't wait.

The design will be like the above shapes with the rounded designs. It will be a cool skull design with attitude.

#9 3 years ago

I received my GOT insert set. they look nice.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Here they are!

speaker_grill_Skull_(resized).JPG

#11 3 years ago

Want!!!! Are they available now? Nice job!

#12 3 years ago

yes, these are available on my site www.modfatherpinball.com

#13 3 years ago

If I order quantity 1, it's for a pair, correct?

#14 3 years ago

Got the GOT speaker inserts and they look terrific! And yes, Yzfguy...when you order 1, it's a pair.

#15 3 years ago

Thanks, ordered 'em!

#16 3 years ago

Mounted these under the grille, so they are only visible when the lights are on. Love my stealth modfather mod! I hafta say that the Modfather not only does a great job on his products, but ships almost immediately, keeping mailbox checkers everywhere happy

IMG_20160305_121644042_(resized).jpg

#17 3 years ago

It would appear that Modfeather is stealing some my designs from my online store Inspiredlaserdesign.com

Namely the flying dragon grill and fractured skull but the outer frame of the others is a direct copy of my work! Thief!

Don't pay that thief $22 for grills I sell for $7 in my store and They may be for fans but I re size them for customers before cutting if requested.

And I'm a disabled Vet and use my online store to supplement my VA disability so please don't pay that thief another dime for what he's obviously stealing.

The forum moderators will be contacted over this theft of designs.

#18 3 years ago

Here we go again

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Inspiredlaser:

It would appear that Modfeather is stealing some my designs from my online store Inspiredlaserdesign.com
Namely the flying dragon grill and fractured skull but the outer frame of the others is a direct copy of my work! Thief!
Don't pay that thief $22 for grills I sell for $7 in my store and They may be for fans but I re size them for customers before cutting if requested.
The forum moderators will be contacted over this theft of designs.

All of your NFL, MLB, and NHL work is officially licensed products, right?

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

All of your NFL, MLB, and NHL work is officially licensed products, right?

Fair use until they decide to make an LED lit sign or ask for take down. If I were infringing do you think Amazon(where I have brand recognition) Etsy or ebay would allow my store to stay open? Pro sports teams have there own ebay anti piracy group and can take down a listing with the press of a button.

Layers are very useful in these matters.

#21 3 years ago

Fair use until they decide to make an LED lit sign or ask for take down.

That is not fair use. That is copyright/trademark infringement using a team's logo.
You could be sued for damages.

#22 3 years ago

I'm also not a multi million dollar sports team, I'm a Disabled Veteran that use my business to feed my family.

#23 3 years ago

Modfather buys a lot of stuff and resales for higher prices its called hustling hes a hustler welcome to the land of the free

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got the GOT speaker inserts and they look terrific! And yes, Yzfguy...when you order 1, it's a pair.

Can u post a pic ? Im thinking of ordering a pair

#25 3 years ago

Here you go, buddy!

1457204058253-495217873_(resized).jpg

#26 3 years ago

So you'd rather pay 23 for something you can get for $14? I checked inspired eBay store and he has them for $7 each 92mm size with free shipping. He has a lot more designs.

I'm not against "hustling" but to pay more for the same thing seems silly.

#27 3 years ago

Well, I have to say that I just looked at Inspired Laser Design's dragon design and pricing and I feel like I've been totally suckered. This was my first Modfather purchase, and it'll be my last. I should have done my research, so I think I'll avoid the whole "shame on me" scenario by not allowing myself to be suckered a second time. I'll check with Inspired first in the future.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBallMagician:

So you'd rather pay 23 for something you can get for $14? I checked inspired eBay store and he has then for $7 each 92mm size with free shipping. He has a lot more designs.
I'm not against "hustling" but to pay more for the same thing seems silly.

I agree the price hike wasnt the message modfather is a hustler hats off to him

#29 3 years ago

Wow I'm really surprised at this. If Modfather really did steal these designs and is charging more then shame on you bud. I bought several items from him and all were sent and look great on my GOT.

#30 3 years ago

I know Chuck personally and he is a good guy I don't think any harm was meant here. He is not buying these and flipping them they are made from scratch . Beezlebob don't feel ripped from what I can tell these are not currently available in pinball sizes from the laser designs website.

laser designs is this your original artwork ?

#31 3 years ago

I'm sure we will be hearing from Chuck to clear this up

#32 3 years ago

I'm also not a multi million dollar sports team, I'm a Disabled Veteran that use my business to feed my family.

I don't understand how this argument makes everything ok.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I don't understand how this argument makes everything ok.

#36 3 years ago

To clarify, I bought several computer fan grills from inspired and none of them fit. I emailed him about custom sizing , and never got a response back. I found a new acrylic guy that can cut them for me. I liked the designs inspired had and thought some of them would look good on a few pinball machines . I sent the designs over to my guy and he adapted those designs to fit pinball machines. The images were not copyrighted and I didnt think it was a big deal. I thought the generic dragon would look good on GOT as well as a cool skull for MET. I just tried to bring these designs to the pinball community and thought people would enjoy them. I didn't think I was harming anyone. He never sold them for pinball machines, just computer fans. I will take them down and rework the designs not to infringe. I apologize and respect the other guys work.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

To clarify, I bought several computer fan grills from inspired and none of them fit. I emailed him about custom sizing , and never got a response back. I found a new acrylic guy that can cut them for me. I liked the designs inspired had and thought some of them would look good on a few pinball machines . I sent the designs over to my guy and he adapted those designs to fit pinball machines. The images were not copyrighted and I didnt think it was a big deal. I thought the generic dragon would look good on GOT as well as a cool skull for MET. I just tried to bring these designs to the pinball community and thought people would enjoy them. I didn't think I was harming anyone. He never sold them for pinball machines, just computer fans. I will take them down and rework the designs not to infringe. I apologize and respect the other guys work.

...and you just saved a repeat customer. Thanks for the explanation!

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and you just saved a repeat customer. Thanks for the explanation!

Boob
Modfather is the man
He puts his heart into everything he promotes!
Glad you will return

#39 3 years ago

I knew that Chuck wasn't a thief

#40 3 years ago

So did i and everbody on pinside

#41 3 years ago

Yea he is the ModFather not the GodFather

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Livingston, NJ
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
New City, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
8,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fleetwood, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 199.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside