A021F44E-4CAE-4956-9A26-75259FD5BD52 (resized).jpeg
5BFDA80A-30DA-4D6F-8471-EBC5BCF95BD1 (resized).jpeg
D97E5FA8-8985-4AB2-9167-F6E584E94B06 (resized).jpeg
CA1E6EE6-8281-4EEE-A09D-AF84056C953C (resized).jpeg
4E7AB9B0-E03A-4C7D-AFD2-E129EF694DEE (resized).jpeg
C0AE37A7-ACCA-4CF1-A70D-91CC25F3835F (resized).jpeg
10F67668-3864-403A-BC52-10488987531A (resized).jpeg
3B2F0CEA-E40E-4AFD-ABE1-C0785F03917C (resized).jpeg

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Here’s some interesting news, a new pinball machine is on the line at a major Spanish gaming company…

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stream-of-new-prototype-pinball-machine-super-hoop-by-quetzal-pinball

#2 2 years ago

It’s about time someone produced a Spanish basketball game.

#3 2 years ago

What I like seeing (assuming it's not photoshopped), is a bunch of machines lined up on a manufacturer's floor. Granted, I haven't followed them closely, but I like seeing a finished and produced product when it launches, not a go fund me style or pre-pay and wait for something to be manufactured a year+ later. Hope to see more from them and some reviews for the game!

#4 2 years ago

Looks really cool! Not a theme that interests me, but Quetzal did right by everyone who bought their Capt. Nemo game. Thankfully this isn’t another Derp Poop or Derparama situation.

#5 2 years ago

I’m looking forward to playing here in the US

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

This is actually the third Spanish basketball pinball machine that has been made. Spain and Italy have a long history of manufacturing pinball. It’s great to see manufacturing come back to Spain with Bitronic and to Italy with Pedretti.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/super-hoop-is-now-on-the-line-at-bitronic-spain

#7 2 years ago

Considering how expensive machines are in Europe that is truly a bargain over there. Best wishes Quetzal!

#8 2 years ago

So it’s this game?
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/quetzal-super-canasta

That’s really cool! I’m glad they’re having success. Are these made using custom parts or is it using Stern parts? Kinda like the Spanish companies using Williams parts in the past

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Serious though: nice to see a new European manufactor that produces at a nice price. Good to see like over 40 games being produced already.
The lower price brings you less animations and rules perhaps (5 modes and a multiballmode?), but still, it's a nice start and may be a better value for money than HomePin, though we don't know what they'll come up with. I think it's great that after Dutch Pinball we now also have Pedretti and this Bitronic in the EU. And of course a lot more than just Stern in the USA since many years, and some newer ones that will or will not produce something in the future.
I'm interested in all Pinball, be it Stern, JJP, Multimorphic, DP, AP or other newer or smaller players like Pedretti (very nice start), HomePin, and this Bitronic (it also looks at least like a nice start, though it's of course no Alien, but it's also just half of that price).

I hope they'll sell enough to eventually make a second title.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Serious though: nice to see a new European manufactor that produces at a nice price. Good to see like over 40 games being produced already.
The lower price brings you less animations and rules perhaps (5 modes and a multiballmode?), but still, it's a nice start and may be a better value for money than HomePin, though we don't know what they'll come up with. I think it's great that after Dutch Pinball we now also have Pedretti and this Bitronic in the EU. And of course a lot more than just Stern in the USA since many years, and some newer ones that will or will not produce something in the future.
I'm interested in all Pinball, be it Stern, JJP, Multimorphic, DP, AP or other newer or smaller players like Pedretti (very nice start), HomePin, and this Bitronic (it also looks at least like a nice start, though it's of course no Alien, but it's also just half of that price).
I hope they'll sell enough to eventually make a second title.

Where can you buy them? Looking on their website and searching on the web and don’t see anything. I’m interested in these machines

#12 2 years ago

VIDEO: THE HISTORY OF QUETZAL PINBALL AND FOOTAGE OF SUPER HOOP BEING MANUFACTURED

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/video-the-history-of-quetzal-pinball-and-footage-of-super-hoop-being-manufactured

2022-01-26 17_31_33-Antonio Ortuno l'homme à l'origine des flippers Captain Némo, Tokyo Perfect Drif (resized).png2022-01-26 17_31_33-Antonio Ortuno l'homme à l'origine des flippers Captain Némo, Tokyo Perfect Drif (resized).png
#13 2 years ago

Wow, this game is only $5k! And they can manufacture!

05BA5A24-F8D9-4148-8A04-DA714C339275 (resized).jpeg05BA5A24-F8D9-4148-8A04-DA714C339275 (resized).jpeg3F6E4596-2A0D-4FCB-B67C-76F77F45CB38 (resized).jpeg3F6E4596-2A0D-4FCB-B67C-76F77F45CB38 (resized).jpeg60DEDCF8-DC97-432A-BBF1-9A8104D64D48 (resized).jpeg60DEDCF8-DC97-432A-BBF1-9A8104D64D48 (resized).jpegB7228BB5-4840-419B-9D51-318E4824FF3B (resized).jpegB7228BB5-4840-419B-9D51-318E4824FF3B (resized).jpeg
#14 2 years ago

Definately like the "buy it when its made" business model.

#17 2 years ago

I like the music and over the top call outs...lol. Probably wouldn't last long in a collection but looks kinda fun.

#18 2 years ago

I wish them well, it's been many a decade since we've had an international pinball arms race

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I wish them well, it's been many a decade since we've had an international pinball arms race

3rd game in so they’re doing better than Heighway.

Seriously, where can you order one?

#20 2 years ago

This is the distributor mentioned in the video: https://www.facebook.com/PlaneteJeuxTranscards/

Price in the video was 5790 euros.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

This is the distributor mentioned in the video: https://www.facebook.com/PlaneteJeuxTranscards/
Price in the video was 5790 euros.

Whoa, video distributor is selling higher than if you just buy direct on bitronic website.

Bitronic direct is selling for 4,650 euros. This is the sweet spot price that will sell these machines. Anything higher would be a pass for most. Smart to keep pricing lower. Finally someone is not trying to scalp us.
1564B9A0-450D-49BA-BDA9-A3D14C8F485F (resized).jpeg1564B9A0-450D-49BA-BDA9-A3D14C8F485F (resized).jpeg

#22 2 years ago

I think the sales for this game would benefit greatly if software would be made open source. There're enough possibilities with the layout and places where the ball can be held to have enough options to make a great ruleset for the game. It being an unlicensed game, would make it possible for them to make it open source perhaps, if you make clear that all changes made by owners with non-official software is at own risk?
I think at a pricepoint like this that with a few people in the community willing to spend free time to expand software, callouts, animations and music, would make it a better sold game. I could imagine buying a game and improving some step by step, if there's a nice framework with it.
The games at a higher price (Stern, JJP, Spooky, AP, etc..), you'd want animations and sound to be better when you buy it, but for under 5000 euro, it's a nice accomplishment to be able to create this game, I think.
Edit: My bad: I didn't see it was without value added tax, so unfortunately it's not under 5000 but it's a bit over 5500 euro's. Still cheap compared to others, but it does make a bit of a difference.

#23 2 years ago

What’s the price of a Stern Pro in Europe?

#24 2 years ago

Looks really cool, I'm not sure why they chose Basketball as a theme? It's pretty hard to top the ones that have been made. Shaq,NBA,NBA fast break, Gottlieb Hoops, and space jam. I'm sure there are more. This theme has been beat to death? Hockey could use some love!

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Whoa, video distributor is selling higher than if you just buy direct on bitronic website.
Bitronic direct is selling for 4,650 euros. This is the sweet spot price that will sell these machines. Anything higher would be a pass for most. Smart to keep pricing lower. Finally someone is not trying to scalp us.
[quoted image]

Bitronic's price doesn't include VAT so if the distributor is including the ~20% vat in their price they are about the same.

#26 2 years ago

Here's information on production numbers, how to get a Super Hoop in the U.S. market and Bitronic's next game for anyone who's interested:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/exclusive-bitronic-s-next-pinball-machine-is-based-on-a-popular-netflix-show

#27 2 years ago

Squid game. This company’s bout to blow up.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Wow, this game is only $5k! And they can manufacture!

quad fabricación?

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

[quoted image]

I see, my mistake was looking up Quatzel, but it’s being made for Bitronic. Makes sense. Thank you!

Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Here's information on production numbers, how to get a Super Hoop in the U.S. market and Bitronic's next game for anyone who's interested:
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/exclusive-bitronic-s-next-pinball-machine-is-based-on-a-popular-netflix-show

I’ll look it up. Cheaper than a Stern and I don’t see any available for play in the US

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

What’s the price of a Stern Pro in Europe?

Prices I see in Germany and The Netherlands:

Jurassic Park or Star Wars: € 6.190,00 (inc. VAT)
Led Zeppelin: € 6.990,00 (inc. VAT)
MANDALORIAN pro 7.500,00 (excl. VAT)
Jurassic Park Home Pin: €5.200,00 (excl. VAT)

VAT is 21% here in The Netherlands

#31 2 years ago

I hope they make a production run of Captain Nemo. I thought that game looked very cool.

#32 2 years ago

The callouts are downright atrocious.

Love the music and flow.

Rules seem like your classic Williams 90s ruleset? That's fine.

The price is awesome.

This is a winner overall.

#33 2 years ago

I wonder if they did graphics/text in both Spanish and English? All I see is English.

#34 2 years ago

SUPER HOOP PINBALL DEEP DIVE: In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules and Code

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/super-hoop-revealed-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-code/

272205849_4749810705133947_4073967306373580426_n (resized).jpeg272205849_4749810705133947_4073967306373580426_n (resized).jpeg
#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Gameplay with atrocious callouts

SKILLSHAWWW
Select a gaaaame
SLAM DONNN

and a sweet butt rock soundtrack to go with it. Cheesy as hell but in an endearing kind of way. I dig it!

#36 2 years ago

@knapp_arcade
Can you fix the title of the thread so people can find it? Hoop, no “S”

#37 2 years ago

Well - all those “why won’t someone make an original theme?!?!” people now have a chance to put their money where their mouth is.

#38 2 years ago

For a second there I thought I’m watching an Addams remake

40F0C619-90FE-4D44-BF83-DC650B61BCD3 (resized).png40F0C619-90FE-4D44-BF83-DC650B61BCD3 (resized).png
#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well - all those “why won’t someone make an original theme?!?!” people now have a chance to put their money where their mouth is.

"well yeah someone needs to do an original game...but not THAT theme. Nor that one. That one also misses the mark.....

Holy shit a someone is doing an A-team game?! How do I pre-order?!"

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"well yeah someone needs to do an original game...but not THAT theme. Nor that one. That one also misses the mark.....
Holy shit a someone is doing an A-team game?! How do I pre-order?!"

lol Nail. On. The. Head.

#41 2 years ago

I'd argue there's a finer line between unlicensed and original theme. A sports theme with no characters isn't exactly original. Still, I'm excited for Quetzal and have been rooting for them for a long time. I thought Tokyo Perfect Drift looked fantastic when it was being teased a few years ago, but then it kinda just... drifted away

#42 2 years ago

Art is WAY busy...and that's really my only whinge here? Wow. I don't even remotely like basketball.

This game for 5k makes the Stern home games seem like a total joke. Even with the arguable quality of the callouts (personally, I think it kind of fits the goofy sports vibe)....the fact that this game has metal ramps, full RGB plus extra lighting, and the LCD screen? It's not even close. We all understand that Jack did an awesome job with the BOM that Stern handed him on JP Home...but....how do you explain this much disparity between the price points and features of these games? It's completely bizarre. I would never have expected this to be 5k in today's market.

And did I see correctly that they built a HUNDRED of these before they even announced it?! That's impressive.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Art is WAY busy...and that's really my only whinge here? Wow. I don't even remotely like basketball.
This game for 5k makes the Stern home games seem like a total joke. Even with the arguable quality of the callouts (personally, I think it kind of fits the goofy sports vibe)....the fact that this game has metal ramps, full RGB plus extra lighting, and the LCD screen? It's not even close.
And did I see correctly that they built a HUNDRED of these before they even announced it?! That's impressive.

Shots fired at Stern home games!!!

#44 2 years ago

I think the callouts are exactly what I would want from a Spanish basketball pin. Can't stand the chugging butt rock music though. I think it looks pretty rad overall.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks really cool! Not a theme that interests me, but Quetzal did right by everyone who bought their Capt. Nemo game. Thankfully this isn’t another Derp Poop or Derparama situation.

Not all of us. I am still waiting to get mine.

#46 2 years ago

I'll be curious to see what the price is in North America -- any duty on these coming from Spain? For our European friends it does look like a nice price point.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Not all of us. I am still waiting to get mine.

Oh crap! What happened? I thought the project wrapped years ago. How did they build 100 of these but you don't have your Nemo?

#48 2 years ago

Kinda makes stern’s Homepin look like an expensive toy. Props for them making a pretty decent pin for $5k and with all that comes with it. Callouts and accent sounds like a soccer broadcaster but with basketball terms lol.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Kinda makes stern’s Homepin look like an expensive toy.

Jurassic Park home edition looks better than this IMO

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Kinda makes stern’s Homepin look like an expensive toy.

In which respects?

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-spanish-manufacturer-begins-production-of-super-hoops-pinball?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.