IMGA0549.JPG
IMGA0548.JPG
IMGA0547.JPG
image-123.jpg
image-526.jpg
image-84.jpg
19895[1].jpg
141151[1].jpg
There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from uphamj:

Marks ramps are excellent and very fair priced. I bought a clear ramp for my HS pin and the ramp looked so good I am now doing a full playfield restore just to make the pin look as good as the ramp. Great work Mark!!!!!

Yeah I bought his HS ramp also. It's outta sight.

1 week later
#302 9 years ago

Woooohoooo... Plastic arrived today. I'll start forming the next batch of blue ramps tomorrow. Will probably have them ready by Monday. I plan on just forming enough to cover those on my list. If anyone else wants one now please let me know. After this round I will start on a ramp for the F-14 Tomcat as well as....drumroll.... "alternate" ramps that will fit Genesis. I have no desire to reproduce the stock pink ramps. I intend to make alternate ramps out of clear PETG as well as blue acrylic.

#303 9 years ago

SO......space shuttle

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

SO......Space Shuttle

I think so...eventually....not years like the big boys. That ramp is just a little bit bigger than I can do with my current setup so as soon as I expand the oven and the forming platen I'll be able to do them.

#305 9 years ago

I can also confirm marks quality, speed of turnaround, and overall badass-ness. Love my new HS ramp! Machine isn't going anywhere now

#306 9 years ago

These look sweet!

Any chance of a run for the swords of fury ramp?

Mine is pretty busted up and held together with black electrical tape.

#307 9 years ago

Im with Robert SOF realy needs new ramps as well they are all broken.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

These look sweet!
Any chance of a run for the Swords of Fury ramp?
Mine is pretty busted up and held together with black electrical tape.

Quoted from Hellfire:

Im with Robert SOF realy needs new ramps as well they are all broken.

Swords of Fury is definitely on my radar and sure I will do it soon...probably be one of the first for the new oven. I've really been going after the System 9-11 machines with the )sorry...ugly) black ABS ramps.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Swords of Fury is definitely on my radar and sure I will do it soon...probably be one of the first for the new oven. I've really been going after the System 9-11 machines with the )sorry...ugly) black ABS ramps.

Cool! I'm in for one for sure when you get to them.

#310 9 years ago

Another Pinsider pointed out that one of my blue Space Station ramps had hit the resale market on Mr. Pinball.... for $189!!!! Save money...BUY DIRECT!!!

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/parts/search_for_sale.cgi

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Another Pinsider pointed out that one of my blue Space Station ramps had hit the resale market on Mr. Pinball.... for $189!!!! Save money...BUY DIRECT!!!
http://user.xmission.com/~daina/parts/search_for_sale.cgi

Link doesn't work.

#314 9 years ago

I am in for a SOF as well.

#315 9 years ago

Someone sell me a SOF

#316 9 years ago

Installed my blue SS ramp today without any issues! Great looking ramp, Thanks!

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Installed my blue SS ramp today without any issues! Great looking ramp, Thanks!

Got a picture or 3?

#318 9 years ago

Just throwing in my interest for SOF as well! Really hope you end up doing them, it would improve the look of the game big time!

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Just throwing in my interest for SOF as well! Really hope you end up doing them, it would improve the look of the game big time!

I saw right away that when I did the High Speed how much brighter the game was. SOF will require that I build a bigger oven and I am on my way right now to purchase what I need!!!... So SOF is heading toward the short list.... probably after Genesis and F-14.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

probably after Genesis and F-14.

Wait... F-14? What are you making for my F-14 that I have to buy from you?

#322 9 years ago

For SOF - are you thinking clear, or a different color?

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Clear would be cool. But I also think that blue would look awesome.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Wait... F-14? What are you making for my F-14 that I have to buy from you?

I have a fully restored F-14 so want to do one for myself. The distributor ramp in the upper left is black ABS plastic with a cover (can't imagine why that is there)...anyway I want to do one in the dark transparent blue. I also want to do a lighting mod for it with addressable LED's. Thinking about tying into the lock on/landing lights

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I can always do clear. I had an SOF a few years back, but as far as colors, which I will gladly do, I would want to see what current owners would like. I don't recall what is under the ramp, so if anyone happens to have a bare playfield, please post a photo for all to see.

#327 9 years ago

For SOF, I would love to see a darker translucent red for the ramps, similar to the red flippers and cabinet buttons available.

48_008948_9[1].jpg48_008948_9[1].jpg

As to what is under the ramp, there is the magic tunnel which leads to the upper PF, and below that, nothing. That's part of the problem with clear ramps, as the game was never meant to have some of that stuff visible.

141151[1].jpg141151[1].jpg
19895[1].jpg19895[1].jpg

I can't seem to find it, but there is a website where a guy who does complete restorations did a complete overhaul on an SOF. That one definitely shows the blank PF. I'll keep looking and update if I find it.

EDIT: It was Chris Hutchins. The actual restoration gallery is private now. Finished product gallery linked below. Does anyone know his pinside username? Maybe he can post the pics we need here?

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album348

#328 9 years ago

Thanks for the photos and info. Transparent dark red is possible.

#329 9 years ago

That's great news. I sent Chris Hutchins an email and linked him this thread, hopefully he can help out!

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

That's great news. I sent Chris Hutchins an email and linked him this thread, hopefully he can help out!

Here is the restore album.Hope it helps.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album204

Christopher Hutchins

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Here is the restore album.Hope it helps.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album204
Christopher Hutchins

Thanks for the info, Chris. Good news is that it is not "ugly" under the ramp. There also is a lot of lighting that will be available. I think dark transparent blue or red would look cool.

#332 9 years ago

Dark red would be awsome.

#333 9 years ago

OK I change my mind. Red would be the best choice.

#334 9 years ago

OK... Time to move onto the next projects. I have 4 or 5 blue Space Station ramps left. This is all I will make probably for the rest of this year, or at least until there is enough demonstrated demand for another run. Thanks to all who have purchased them and all the great feedback

Moving on to do some "alternate" ramps for Genesis as well as one for my, and possibly your F-14. After that it's probably going to be Sorcerer....exited to do one in transparent red!

This Fall/Winter, I will also be working on my new oven as well as expanding my former to do the bigger ramps.

Thanks....Mark

#335 9 years ago

Well done Mark, you are a real asset to the pinball world. I'm done buying your ramps only because you won't be making them for the games I have but there thousands of games out there in need of the works of art that you produce that will give them new life. Much success in the future and I will be keeping an eye on your progress with the new ramps.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm done buying your ramps only because you won't be making them for the games I have

Thanks, Paul. Well...you'll just have to get more games!

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks, Paul. Well...you'll just have to get more games!

I would have to sell some games to do that. I'm full up.

#338 9 years ago

Wrapping up the Space Station ramps for a while so I can focus on new ramps. At the moment I have 3 "Plug and Play" blue ramps done, packaged and ready to ship...$160 each. I also have a few clear ramps available as well.

Many thanks to all who have purchased.

Mark

#339 9 years ago

Thank you! Love my Blue Ramp! Well done!

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Wrapping up the Space Station ramps for a while so I can focus on new ramps. At the moment I have 3 "Plug and Play" blue ramps done, packaged and ready to ship...$160 each. I also have a few clear ramps available as well.
Many thanks to all who have purchased.
Mark

Well done Mark, can't wait to see your next project.

#341 9 years ago

There was a non-working Genesis at Expo I was trying to lay my hands on. I asked, but it wasn't for sale. Could have used a set of your new ramps. Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying.

#342 9 years ago

I am down to 2 blue plug and play ramps (Packaged and ready to go) and I think 3 clear ones not assembled yet. This is probably all I will do for this year...unless there is an overwhelming request for more. I'm moving on to other ramps I want to do. Blue plug and play is $160 including shipping.

Thanks everyone for your support... Mark

#343 9 years ago

Since you haven't started a SOF ramp thread yet, I will add these here. These are pics of my SOF with the upper ramp missing and the lower ramp still installed for your reference.

image-123.jpgimage-123.jpg

image-526.jpgimage-526.jpg

image-84.jpgimage-84.jpg

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Since you haven't started a SOF ramp thread yet, I will add these here. These are pics of my SOF with the upper ramp missing and the lower ramp still installed for your reference.

image-84.jpg 49 KB

image-526.jpg 82 KB

image-123.jpg 74 KB

Interesting color to that ramp. Do you think it should be reproduced as well?

#345 9 years ago

The wood look I did to the ramp in those pictures was for use on the Buffy pin. These are rarely broken I think. I have 3 here and none are cracked. That being said, it doesn't mean people wouldn't want to replace it with a color or clear one for look/ and lighting purposes.

#346 9 years ago

Swords of Fury custom ramps. As info I have started a thread specific to the ramps I want to do for Swords of Fury... Input encouraged!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/swords-of-fury-custom-ramps

Mark...

#347 9 years ago

You guys are in for a real treat, Marks work is beautiful in every way.

1 week later
#348 9 years ago

Space Station ramps. Colored ramps are now sold out. I still have 2 or 3 clear ones that could be ordered in either the plug and play (complete ramp...just install and plug it in) or with just the flap installed (install your parts from your ramp). I have always tried to be set up to turn the ramps out in just one day. Going forward I will still produce these, but on an "as requested" basis. I'd say that generally I could get one out in a week or less.

If you run across this thread and want one, just shoot me a pm and I'll let you know what I can do.

Many thanks.... Mark

3 weeks later
#349 9 years ago

I had another request for a blue plug and play ramp, so I went ahead and made two. One available to ship as early as tomorrow if anyone needs a stocking stuffer!

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I had another request for a blue plug and play ramp, so I went ahead and made two. One available to ship as early as tomorrow if anyone needs a stocking stuffer!

That needs a BIG stocking.

There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-space-station-ramps/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.