IMGA0549.JPG
IMGA0548.JPG
IMGA0547.JPG
image-123.jpg
image-526.jpg
image-84.jpg
19895[1].jpg
141151[1].jpg
There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

No... Just the switch so I can reuse it.. Ramp is toast.

Oh, that's cute! I hadn't thought about that. Sorry one of them got "sick" during shipping.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Better just to send you a new one on me.

Talk about standing behind his product.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from boagman:

Oh, that's cute! I hadn't thought about that. Sorry one of them got "sick" during shipping.

What?

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Maybe a titanium plate? They put those in people's heads so expect it would work on a ramp, 'ya think? Probably not.... Better just to send you a new one on me.

Unfortunate the PO mangled yours, awesome on Freeplay's part to send a new one on him!

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Unfortunate the PO mangled yours,

Yeah but which one, US or Canada?

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah but which one, US or Canada?

Uh, Well Canada of course!

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Uh, Well Canada of course!

Of course. It must have fell off the dog sled and got trampled by a herd of wild moose.

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Maybe a titanium plate? They put those in people's heads so expect it would work on a ramp, 'ya think? Probably not.... Better just to send you a new one on me.

Mark, you sir are a true MAN
Thank you for this, I know it wasn't me, but I know if it would have been...

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mark, you sir are a true MAN
Thank you for this, I know it wasn't me, but I know if it would have been...

Thanks... Least I can do. Just want to get my ramps into as many machines as I can!

#260 9 years ago

I got my ramp a few days ago and they came out great. Now I just need to get around to installing it.

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

I got my ramp a few days ago and they came out great. Now I just need to get around to installing it.

6 screws and a plug!...Bam!

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

6 screws and a plug!...Bam!

That's the easy part. Finding the space in my garage to setup the game is the hard part.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from PalomarAmusement:

That's the easy part. Finding the space in my garage to setup the game is the hard part.

LOL... Understand! My games are just sitting idle while I make ramps.

#264 9 years ago

Ramp Update....

My switches came in today so those of you that have paid, I will ship your ramps on Tuesday... PO not open Monday.

Mark

#265 9 years ago

just paid for my blue one

#266 9 years ago

So, as evidenced by boris37 bad experience with the CANADIAN mail system, I have repackaged a new ramp for him that will mail out in the morning....and since I was shipping one to Drano in Ontario as well, he is getting the same packaging..

Hopefully these will make it intact!.... otherwise, Canada will move from the "ship" list, to ...the other list.

Canadian Shipping 1.JPGCanadian Shipping 1.JPG
Canadian Shipping 2.JPGCanadian Shipping 2.JPG

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

So, as evidenced by boris37 bad experience with the CANADIAN mail system, I have repackaged a new ramp for him that will mail out in the morning....and since I was shipping one to Drano in Ontario as well, he is getting the same packaging..
Hopefully these will make it intact!.... otherwise, Canada will move from the "ship" list, to ...the other list.

Canadian Shipping 1.JPG 79 KB

Canadian Shipping 2.JPG 80 KB

Nice!

#268 9 years ago

WOW!
That's some solid packaging there, too bad all NIB Pins don't get shipped that way

#269 9 years ago

You aren't going to be shipping all your ramps like that are you.

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You aren't going to be shipping all your ramps like that are you.

No. Domestically I always ship Priority which carries $50 insurance which would take the sting out of any mishap.

#271 9 years ago

OK...Everybody that purchased has been shipped. We'll hold our breath for a safe arrival to boris37. At this point I have 3 blue ramps left as well as some clear ones. That will be all I produce for a while.

Thanks everyone...

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

OK...Everybody that purchased has been shipped. We'll hold our breath for a safe arrival to boris37. At this point I have 3 blue ramps left as well as some clear ones. That will be all I produce for a while.
Thanks everyone...

Thank you, awesome work!

#273 9 years ago

Anyone on the fence about this........... DO IT!
Ramps are really nice, and so easy to install that describing the easy is hard.

#274 9 years ago

Another shipping casualty

IMG_3452.JPGIMG_3452.JPG IMG_3454.JPGIMG_3454.JPG
#275 9 years ago

Oh man this is just getting STUPID!!! Damn USPS!! Mark your going to have to put a big ass FRAGILE DO NOT CRUSH sticker on both sides.

#276 9 years ago

That sucks, I feel bad for y'all

#277 9 years ago

Well thats 2 destroyed in shipping and you notice they are both plug and play ramps i think its the switch causing them to break becouse its prolly to tight in the box and that area has no room for give in that box so the weak point that takes the damage is the switch area of the ramp.
Seemingly mine and the other basic ramps all made it to the persons safe

#278 9 years ago

I think an over-sized, double-walled cardboard box with some shipping peanuts would work. No need to build a wooden box every time.

And yeah.. Canada Post sucks bag.

Great work!

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I think an over-sized, double-walled cardboard box with some shipping peanuts would work. No need to build a wooden box every time.
And yeah.. Canada Post sucks bag.
Great work!

Yeah something has to be done and if that means a few extra bucks for shipping so be it. A busted ramp is no good to anyone so extra for shipping is OK by me.

#280 9 years ago

Ouch. When mine arrived, the box was crushed just like Weir's but I got lucky and the ramp was not damaged. I didn't have the plugnplay version though.

Mark, I used to ship acrylic aquarium equipment (think expensive cast acrylic tube with lots of welds) and have a couple ideas for you:

1) Use plastic light diffuser sheet from Home Depot and cut out spacers to stick in the shipping box as support to avoid crushing. We'd usually only use this in conjunction with bubble wrap.
2) Cheap styrofoam ice chests! They're usually made of a pretty dense foam, and you can quickly cut it with an electric kitchen knife to any shape/size foam block. You'd be amazed how much pressure the foam will resist.

I bet the foam would work as well as your wood support and its lighter!

#281 9 years ago

My box was also crushed. I was preparing for the worst, but the ramp survived.

Ramp look great by the way!

#282 9 years ago

Well I had a good run for a while, but yeah, going to have to come up with something better. I have shipped a lot of stuff USPS without problems. Once when questioned on "fragility", the clerk told me, "if the box looks like it does now when it is received their can be no claim". Hard to believe they would even try to deliver something like that.

I'll take care of Weirpinball too. At least there was $50 insurance on this one. Maybe I should just up it to $150.

#283 9 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Ouch. When mine arrived, the box was crushed just like Weir's but I got lucky and the ramp was not damaged. I didn't have the plugnplay version though.
Mark, I used to ship acrylic aquarium equipment (think expensive cast acrylic tube with lots of welds) and have a couple ideas for you:
1) Use plastic light diffuser sheet from Home Depot and cut out spacers to stick in the shipping box as support to avoid crushing. We'd usually only use this in conjunction with bubble wrap.
2) Cheap styrofoam ice chests! They're usually made of a pretty dense foam, and you can quickly cut it with an electric kitchen knife to any shape/size foam block. You'd be amazed how much pressure the foam will resist.
I bet the foam would work as well as your wood support and its lighter!

I like the Styrofoam idea. Picked up some 1" and 1.5" sheets tonight and we'll see what I can make.

#284 9 years ago

OK...New test shipping box. Was actually kind of fun to put together. Bottom and sides are glued and top will be taped. Seems very sturdy. Goes to Weirpinball tomorrow...

Styro1.JPGStyro1.JPG Styro2.JPGStyro2.JPG
#285 9 years ago

Ohhh that looks nice and sturdy. But still put fragile stickers on it.

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

But still put fragile stickers on it.

Don't bother.

No machine at the PO can read those stickers.

#287 9 years ago

Fra-gee-lee... must be Italian!

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't bother.
No machine at the PO can read those stickers.

That's for sure. The supervisor at the PO figures it (or they since there have been a few) were getting damaged by the electronic arms that do the sorting. May have been compounded by the fact that the boxes are so light. New box delivers to Weirpinball on Monday...

#289 9 years ago

Think you got this figured out - arrived safe and sound today - thanks again.

Scott

IMG_3585.JPGIMG_3585.JPG
#290 9 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks everyone...

If there are any blue ones left, I'd definitely be in for one please.

#291 9 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

If there are any blue ones left, I'd definitely be in for one please.

Yours should arrive today. Think for now pretty much everyone interested on Pinside has been covered. I have 2 blue ramps and a few clear ramps left if anyone else is interested.

Thanks everyone!

#292 9 years ago

Got it today. Just beautiful!
Space Station Blue Ramp 001.JPGSpace Station Blue Ramp 001.JPG

#293 9 years ago

Blue ramps are sold out for now. I will make more in the next couple months, so if interested in the next run let me know. The amount of interest will likely play into how soon I do them. I do have a few clear ones left. I will continue to post any news in this thread.

Thanks to all who have purchased my ramps. I enjoy doing them.

Now...on to the next ramp!

Mark

#294 9 years ago

Another safe arrival too.

to be fair, a safe... or bomb... or something quite large could have fallen on this and it would have been fine.

Thanks again mark she's a real beauty... maybe I should put the other one up on a wall...?

Iphone 056.JPGIphone 056.JPG
#295 9 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

Another safe arrival too.

Sweet!!! Packaging up another one tonight for Quebec!

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

maybe I should put the other one up on a wall...?

Funny you should mention that... Another Pinsider, in addition to buying one of the blue ramps, also asked to purchase one that had not been cut out of the mold to hang as wall art. Might be the only piece of art that I ever sign my name to!

IMG_0531.JPGIMG_0531.JPG
#297 9 years ago

That would be mine. My stuff ready to ship? Let me know how much.

1 week later
#298 9 years ago

Summer is ending so...back to ramps. I have ordered more plastic and will begin forming the next batch of blue Space Station ramps within two weeks. I have already had pm exchanges with those interested in this round. I am presently forming another batch of High Speed ramps and have selected a new ramp project to begin development within a couple weeks.

#299 9 years ago

Had some sun today so took some pictures of mine.
IMGA0254.JPGIMGA0254.JPG

I even bought a blank for wall art...

IMGA0255.JPGIMGA0255.JPG

that was signed by the ARTIST himself.

IMGA0256.JPGIMGA0256.JPG
IMGA0257.JPGIMGA0257.JPG
IMGA0258.JPGIMGA0258.JPG

#300 9 years ago

Marks ramps are excellent and very fair priced. I bought a clear ramp for my HS pin and the ramp looked so good I am now doing a full playfield restore just to make the pin look as good as the ramp. Great work Mark!!!!!

There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-space-station-ramps/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.