(Topic ID: 28034)

New software on TRON at expo

By DougPiranha

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

Just played a new 2d TRON and it had new software.

#2 11 years ago

Do tell!

What did you notice different?

#3 11 years ago

this topic will blow in less than 2 hours... tell us more now or you're dead ! (lol inside of course)

#4 11 years ago

Just figuring it out now. The dots are improved for sure it was hard to tell since I was playing it in the flip out. I will video it and try to upload.

#5 11 years ago

You can get clu with light cycle I am pretty sure.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

You can get clu with light cycle I am pretty sure.

Was this not possible before? I can confirm stacking CLU w/ Light Cycle MB on my new Tron. Software v1.7.

#7 11 years ago

Couldn't you get Clu already with Light Cycle? I know I've had both modes going before on my LE.

Looking forward to what else you see.

#8 11 years ago

HELL. YES.

Man, I was already excited about finally getting a Tron NIB, but if there's another update? Head just exploded all over the wall, Scanners-style.

#9 11 years ago

Real status report that show what's needed

#10 11 years ago

My software was updated 2 months ago. This software is different. Was I one behind?

#11 11 years ago

CLU and Light Cycle Multiball have always been stackable.

#12 11 years ago

Stackable, yes...but you can't start CLU after you're in LC multiball. Has this changed?

Lyman siad he wanted to tweak the TRON software. Mentioned changing the Find Flynn logic a bit, different random awards, and I forget what else....

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Real status report that show what's needed

The latest released version does not have a real status report. I think it only shows current bonus, current ball #, and high scores. What is it showing on there now?

#14 11 years ago

Someone at Expo. Turn the game off with approval from Tourney officials. Turn the game off & back on again and confirm to us what revision the TRON Pro in the tourney area is running.
Latest public release on Stern's site is 1.7

Haven't really heard any official proof that this supposed new revision in play is different.
Rebooting the game will confirm YES or NO if it's new or not.

Inquiring mind wants to know.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

The latest released version does not have a real status report.

I don't think *ANY* of Stern's recent games have this. I would really like to see it added!

#16 11 years ago

I doubt this is new software

#17 11 years ago

I will go reboot. I will tell you left flipper button shows shots needed for each mode

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

I don't think *ANY* of Stern's recent games have this. I would really like to see it added!

I thought Spiderman did?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I thought spiderman did?

Hm… can't speak for SM, but I know on IM, TF & Tron none of them will show you how many shots you need to start a given mode. On IM it would be especially helpful to know how many shots you need for Whiplash since the DMD display of how many remaining shots there are goes by too quickly to see (since I'm usually frantically trying to get control of the ball!).

#20 11 years ago

Trent just told me its new and not released

#22 11 years ago

Any new code for the LE models?

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Love it!

Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Any new code for the LE models?

There will be updating both but are just testing code now

#24 11 years ago

nice!!!!

Quoted from DougPiranha:

#25 11 years ago

Sweet! this is great news I love seeing Stern support all there older games like this.

So update us pinsider's on what the is new and improved. Did you get an extra ball!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Just played a new 2d TRON and it had new software.

Quoted from DougPiranha:

Great New's !!!!!! Thanxx for the info D.P

#27 11 years ago

I was so ready to believe we'd never see another Tron update, this is a nice surprise.

#29 11 years ago

Need more details.

#30 11 years ago

Wow. Can't wait! (Please let there be a tron light cycle video mode...)

#31 11 years ago

More...more...give us more Libations FOR EVERYBODY!!

#32 11 years ago

Err, anything new for X-men?

#33 11 years ago

Isn't this old news? Stern is updating Xmen, Tron and ACDC again before the end of the year.
The real news is Avengers in the next game from Stern.

#34 11 years ago

The release mentioned XM and ACDC but I don't think they said anything about tron.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Just figuring it out now. The dots are improved for sure it was hard to tell since I was playing it in the flip out. I will video it and try to upload.

Stuff to look for
1) video mode?
2) more awards from Arcade scoop?
3) Do you get D-A-F-T P-U-N-K letters from the ramps?
4) Bum, buh-bum bum bum. TRON! (ha ha, not really)

10k pin by Christmas. Oh my bad, the LE already is.

#36 11 years ago

Is this Tron part of the tournament?

#37 11 years ago

Oh man please no video mode. It should be called "stall out the action with super lame 192x32 video" mode

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Oh man please no video mode. It should be called "stall out the action with super lame 192x32 video" mode

agreed, don't need a VM.

#39 11 years ago

Updated code would be awesome of they add the extra ball in.. I wouldn't mind a video mode if its done well and ties in with the game

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Gotta agree. It fits the theme, but overall Tron needs that speed and flow to it, and there's no physical locks to slow the ball down at a normal, convienient time to start a video mode.

Frankly, I wish they'd bring the bum-bum-bum sound back in the game some way, even if it's a 1/100 game over after ball 3 sound, or a flipper button while waiting for game start deal.

#41 11 years ago

I just want a brief ball saver after GEM is hit . . . that is the one update I want. Oh, and another way to earn an extra ball.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

and there's no physical locks to slow the ball down at a normal, convienient time to start a video mode.

scoop

#43 11 years ago

So, has anyone noticed what was added/fixed?

#44 11 years ago

I don't want a mandatory video mode, but a hidden one like Riker's Poker could work.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

So, has anyone noticed what was added/fixed?

The mystery award now shows icons of people like Gem and Quorra instead of spelling them out like "Advance Gem"

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

What if it's optional? It's Tron...Tron's theme is video games. If it's cool & optional - why not?

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What if it's optional? It's Tron...Tron's theme is video games. If it's cool & optional - why not?

Agreed make it optional in the menus and get a video mode in TRON it should have one just for the nostalgic history of the theme. Could easily be optional in menus and altered to points award/bonus instead when video mode is turned off.

#48 11 years ago

They invented Xbox since the old days. Video modes don't belong on a pinball. Ugh!

#49 11 years ago

Video mode off the arcade scoop would be very applicable. Tron is the one pinball that has a freaking ARCADE GAME on the playfield. I'm good either way. Can't wait to see what they've done.

#50 11 years ago

Any updates with a video or anything?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-software-on-tron-at-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.