(Topic ID: 122290)

It's past...1st Cleveland Pinball and Arcade Show - September 10, 11, 12 - 2015

By Geocab

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesGEGXJXR7.jpg
    IMG_20150914_114704.jpg
    2015pics_012.jpg
    20150912_120220.jpg
    20150912_120210.jpg
    WP_20150912_16_09_53_Pro1.jpg
    080.jpg
    077.jpg
    11990617_423096554548908_5306270413174106402_n.jpg
    IMG_20150912_145919.jpg
    download_3.jpg
    IMG_2783.jpg
    image.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-12-11-05-19.png
    image.jpg
    IMG_20150911_224521_961.jpg
    There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #51 9 years ago

Woo! 18 min travel time beats an hour and 15 minutes any time, plus I drive by Independence on my way home from work. Double bonus, I am in!

#52 9 years ago

Regarding the 24 hour free play for hotel guests... are all show machines available or is this a separate room that will only have a certain number of pins/games?

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Regarding the 24 hour free play for hotel guests... are all show machines available or is this a separate room that will only have a certain number of pins/games?

Yes everything thing will be open for show hours...After show hours on Friday night the 24 gameroom will open for hotel guests. This is a separate room

#54 9 years ago

The only thing that surprises me is the Thursday - Saturday schedule. Why is Friday - Sunday undesirable? I've seen the Ohio show carry the Th-Sat schedule and I hear it begins to be a ghost town towards Saturday afternoon with folks shutting down machines. I would think Saturday would be the day you would get the most admissions but not if you are shutting down early. The Louisville show sticks with the Fri-Sun schedule and it seems to do very well.

I am not putting down the decision, just honestly curious what made Th-Sat more desirable than Fri-Sun which I think would get more folks in the door. Cost of the facilities? Those with machines not wanting to be shutting down on Sunday evening?

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

The only thing that surprises me is the Thursday - Saturday schedule. Why is Friday - Sunday undesirable? I've seen the Ohio show carry the Th-Sat schedule and I hear it begins to be a ghost town towards Saturday afternoon with folks shutting down machines. I would think Saturday would be the day you would get the most admissions but not if you are shutting down early. The Louisville show sticks with the Fri-Sun schedule and it seems to do very well.
    I am not putting down the decision, just honestly curious what made Th-Sat more desirable than Fri-Sun which I think would get more folks in the door. Cost of the facilities? Those with machines not wanting to be shutting down on Sunday evening?

We like to think of the vendors. Most vendors have jobs, so do most of the people bringing games. We like to think of everyone involved. The fri-sun schedule is a option going forward

#56 9 years ago

Vendors can load in Thurs and pack out Sun as easily as they can load in Wed and pack out Sat.

Or are you trying for double-duty on Thurs with vendors coming in and setting up while the show is already open?

I'd like to attend this show but the schedule makes it much less likely I can do so.

#57 9 years ago

Yeah, the vendor logic never makes sense to me, but I'd also have to imagine that the place costs more to rent on Sundays than on Thursdays.

How many vendors would pass on coming to the show if it was Fri-Sun (at $125 - $175 per table)? How many more people will come to the show if it were Fri-Sun(at $20 per head)?

I think a lot more people will come. I don't even tell my casual pinball friends to go to the Ohio Show. Most of them are not going to take a day off of work to go on Friday and I tell people that it's barely worth going on Saturday (since things get packed up so early and there are usually more people competing for time on the games that are still there). With a Thursday/Friday/Saturday schedule, you are barely even having the show on the weekend since Saturday is such a short day. Imagine the attendance you can get if the show is open all day Saturday.

If the show schedule is going to be set to appease anyone, it should be the people who bring multiple games to the show. They are the ones who truly make the show worthwhile to the majority of the people who come to the show.

#58 9 years ago

Sounds like fun. Wish I was closer.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

I see what you did there...

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

Me too....

As for Sundays, we can look at this option for next year

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from ilovegames007:

As for Sundays, we can look at this option for next year

Cool. I think you should maybe try it out in 2016 and see if it works out for you. Since this show is much closer to an actual pinball community, it may turn out that the attendance won't increase a lot. The die-hards will still travel from further away, but you'll have a lot of enthusiasts from Kidforce, Stonehedge, and the Cleveland league that will come for multiple days just because it's so close.

#62 9 years ago

You shouldn't be catering to vendors, but should be to the consumer, I.e the people coming to pay admission.

I, like most people work. I can't get there Thursday or Friday. I can only be there on Saturday. However , I'm not sure I'll bother. Just like at the Ohio show, the show becomes a ghost town on Saturday. I think I speak for just about everyone or at least the majority.

This bs about vendors not coming in on a weekend is just that. Bs. They should be there when it's convenient for ME. IM the one buying their products.

This Thursday crap is annoying

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

You shouldn't be catering to vendors, but should be to the consumer, I.e the people coming to pay admission.
    I, like most people work. I can't get there Thursday or Friday. I can only be there on Saturday. However , I'm not sure I'll bother. Just like at the Ohio show, the show becomes a ghost town on Saturday. I think I speak for just about everyone or at least the majority.
    This bs about vendors not coming in on a weekend is just that. Bs. They should be there when it's convenient for ME. IM the one buying their products.

if u read the details on the website, we are making sure games stay on the floor until show close

#64 9 years ago

if u read the details on the website, we are making sure games stay on the floor until show close

$20 or whatever the entrance fee is, isn't a big deterrent to keeping pins on the floor.

You really think a person bringing pins for free play or to sell won't just pay the fee and leave early or to sell?

These shows being run on a Thursday schedule isn't taking advantage of the best opportunity to showcase pinball to the community imo.

Well, at least it's good planning for the vendors. I mean, isn't that why we have these shows?

#65 9 years ago

Marvin and Don do what you want. If people don't like it then just don't go. If you guys have such great ideas then start your own show. These guys work really hard to make everyone happy and we all know you can't make everyone happy. So go and have fun or stay home and complain.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Marvin and Don do what you want. If people don't like it then just don't go. If you guys have such great ideas then start your own show. These guys work really hard to make everyone happy and we all know you can't make everyone happy. So go and have fun or stay home and complain.

This is the problem. Complacency.

People have talked for years that the scheduling is awful. The excuse? The vendors. Bs.

Obviously these guys work hard at setting up these things. Read some of my support posts. I'm the first with a thank you and to offer support. But one thing just seems obliviously stupid and that is to run these on weekdays. People work!! You will have more people attend if it's run on the weekend. Why is this so hard to do? That's right. It's for the benefit of the vendors.

#67 9 years ago

Call off sick from work or use a vacation day

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

Call off sick from work or use a vacation day

Perhaps.

I'm not trying to be a downer. Just think the hobby could get more exposure if shows were more on the weekends. Regardless, I'll still drive the 2 hours Saturday morning.

#69 9 years ago

Regardless of one's stance on the hours, this show is already booked and cannot be changed. They did say Sunday is an option going forward.

#70 9 years ago

For the record, I don't have personal days so if I don't work, I don't get paid.

#71 9 years ago

I took two days off work for the Ohio Show. Thursday was definitely the best day for buying and playing. Friday was good for playing. Saturday was... winding down.

When some of my friends showed up Saturday afternoon, I told them it had really been emptying out and I might not have even recommended they come. They were only charged $10 (instead of $20) at the door, so I felt alright about that.

#72 9 years ago

Hmm. I went Saturday and paid $20.

Where's my refund!!?

#73 9 years ago

They came late on Saturday. 2 or 3:00 maybe?

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

$20 or whatever the entrance fee is, isn't a big deterrent to keeping pins on the floor.
    You really think a person bringing pins for free play or to sell won't just pay the fee and leave early or to sell?
    These shows being run on a Thursday schedule isn't taking advantage of the best opportunity to showcase pinball to the community imo.
    Well, at least it's good planning for the vendors. I mean, isn't that why we have these shows?

Between Marvin and I we will have 50-60 Games ourselves on the floor. These games will be there until show end. Ive been assured by MANY Friends of the show, or people bringing games that there games will too. A lot of Fun things will be implemented in the next few months.

Slow down Blackbeard, im sure you will be posting on Sept 13th this was a GREAT show.

#75 9 years ago

Club Impulse at the Holiday Inn....

banner_upadte1.jpgbanner_upadte1.jpg
    calout.jpgcalout.jpgcalout2.jpgcalout2.jpg

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I agree.

G

1 week later
    #77 9 years ago

My games will be there the whole time too, but I am only bringing two haha.

#78 9 years ago

I had a question. I have family in Medina and I am planning on driving to the show when it opens, and leaving at close. Are there going to be after parties that I should consider getting a room on any of the nights?

#79 9 years ago

On Friday night there will be a game room open all night.

#80 9 years ago

What will be in the game room?

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

On Friday night there will be a game room open all night.

Nice. Looks like I need a room for Friday night then.

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

What will be in the game room?

There will be 20-25 games in the 24hr game room for Friday night. We also will have a game list on the website soon.

VIP tickets are going fast, so if your interested in getting one please go to clevelandpinballshow.com

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nice. Looks like I need a room for Friday night then.

Thanks for regeristing your games on the site for the show

#84 9 years ago

Thanks for regeristing your games on the site for the show

My pleasure. people don't get to enjoy my games as much as me, so I am happy to share.

#85 9 years ago

Do you only have room for 20-25 games for the 24 hour gameroom?

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Do you only have room for 20-25 games for the 24 hour gameroom?

Yes maybe 30

#87 9 years ago

My wife just had a couple of friends over and they wanted to play pinball. Got me in mood to resurrect this gem...

image.jpgimage.jpg
    1 week later
    #88 9 years ago

I'm still not sure what machines I'm going to bring to the show. It looks like I won't have my own vehicle again this year so I'm going to have to borrow or rent one.

I'm pretty sure I'll bring my Bride and F-14. Contemplating my Firepower.

#89 9 years ago

I am more than willin to help you bring your games to the show. I will be up there sometime Wednesday. I will have a minivan so we could fit at least two games after I get my games to the show. Pm me if you need my help.

#90 9 years ago

Cool, thanks. I appreciate it. I'll let you know closer to the show.

#91 9 years ago

Whoa baby. Whomever is bringing the Spectrum thank you. Been looking to play one forever. I might not be able to let you leave with it though! Haha

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

If you want vendors at the show you have to bend to their desires, at least a little, or they won't go. Obviously this will impacting show desirability. Many of us who vend at shows have to balance completing work that needs to get done with show vending.

I know Don and crew will put together a great show. Best of luck guys!

Andrew

#93 8 years ago

Ill bend anything for u Andrew....I at least owe u a roll of wrap.

#94 8 years ago

Early vendor sign ups

Echo Lake Pinball for all repairs and Game plan MPu needs
    Leesparts.com for lighting Mods on Many games

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Idk what to bring...............

What are the choices

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

If you want vendors at the show you have to bend to their desires, at least a little, or they won't go. Obviously this will impacting show desirability. Many of us who vend at shows have to balance completing work that needs to get done with show vending.
    I know Don and crew will put together a great show. Best of luck guys!
    Andrew

This is where you're wrong

You want people at the show. Period.

You cater to the fans and people that drive in for the show. The vendors "schedules" are secondary in my opinion. I'd rather just purchase through the net anyway.

If more people are able to come to the show on the weekend, more pins would be there and in effect, more people will get a good vibe from the show. And then word gets out for the following year.

This "vendors first" philosophy isn't well thought out.

1 week later
    #98 8 years ago

Holy crap! Time is flying! Only 4 months away! Get those tickets! Sign up your machines!

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

This is where you're wrong
    You want people at the show. Period.
    You cater to the fans and people that drive in for the show. The vendors "schedules" are secondary in my opinion. I'd rather just purchase through the net anyway.
    If more people are able to come to the show on the weekend, more pins would be there and in effect, more people will get a good vibe from the show. And then word gets out for the following year.
    This "vendors first" philosophy isn't well thought out.

I don't get the whole vendor thing either. You can get any obtainable part from the internet. Who gives a fk about the vendors being there? I rather order it online and have it delivered to me anyway than cart a part around a show.

#100 8 years ago

I like the vendors being there. I bought a couple of Xpin displays at the Ohio Show this year. And if there were flipper rebuild kits and stuff, I'd probably buy those impulsively.

There are 467 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-showcleveland-pinball-and-arcade-show-september-2015/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.