(Topic ID: 190940)

Saratoga Pinball Show - 8/12/17 - Saratoga Springs, NY - Next Show Announced!

By ForceFlow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 330 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170813_155539 (resized).jpg
    20170812135039778 (resized).jpg
    20170812152829154 (resized).jpg
    20170812152844158 (resized).jpg
    20170812134848434 (resized).jpg
    20170812134812127 (resized).jpg
    20170812134804840 (resized).jpg
    20170812134808060 (resized).jpg
    20170812123930832 (resized).jpg
    20170812105837536 (resized).jpg
    20170813130720430 (resized).jpg
    20170812_201013 (resized).jpg
    20170812153941154 (resized).jpg
    20170812134851937 (resized).jpg
    20170812134922925 (resized).jpg
    20170812134927909 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Introduction Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #22 There is now break-down time on Sunday Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #26 Friday setup time added Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #27 Flea market spaces and floor map available Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #50 Volunteer information, game registration info, flea market info Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #57 30 days until the show on August 12th! Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #70 Print your own show flier! Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #87 Possibility for playfield glass and backbox glass Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #91 Link to the official FS/WTB games & parts thread Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #109 Free Play Raffle! Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 6 years ago

If I ever move out of my house, the bowler stays behind! It's a ton of fun, but it was a major project to move it in.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You have that extra extra mile long bowler, don't you?

I *wish* I had a ball bowler! Mine is a 8 foot puck bowler. The play field was easy. The main cab is huge and very, very heavy. It was a miracle that we were able to get it in.

#55 6 years ago

Main cab is at least twice the weight of a pin. The playfield is a little alkward because of its size, but it didnt weigh much.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from acebathound:

Have you tried any local video game stores, arcades, barcades

Sadly, we have no local arcades or barcades in our area. There's a Dave and Busters and a tiny handful of places that have 1-2 machines. We're in a pinball desert and desperately need something better.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

On an unrelated note, since I have had a number of people ask about tournaments: if anyone has interest in volunteering to run a small tournament and has some experience doing so, please let me know. Since I don't have any experience with running a tournament, this is the only way a tournament will be able happen.

Paging AlbanyTim Lawlor_and_Order

I'll certainly participate and help in any way I can, but I don't know enough to run one myself.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Do you have an updated list of games registered?
    If nothing else has been added I am very disappointed in the local pinball community but if you do have additional games added it might be helpful for people to see more games being added.

I don't disagree, but for me to get machines in and out of my basement is a major endeavor, that involves a tight stairwell and a 180 degree turn. Getting a modern machine in or out requires complete disassembly- removing the head and often the playfield. I also don't have a truck.

I am planning to bring my #goldennugget if I can get it running right by then. I would also be willing to bring one of my other EMs if someone with a strong back and a truck wanted to assist in getting it out of the basement and bringing it back in after the show.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wooozy:

I could bring Space Odyssey and possibly Bone Busters (if I get it fixed in time).
    Cheers!

I don't think I've ever played Bone Busters, but I'd like to (hint, hint)

#107 6 years ago

I picked up Hearts and Spades tonight (bought back a machine I sold a few years ago). Needs a waxing and a minor shopping (a few new rubbers) and it will be ready to go. Looking forward to bringing it to the show.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

Folks, it's time to put up or shut up.

Easy there tiger.

I'm the one who talked about how hard it is to get games in and out of my basement... I've got a very narrow hallway and two 180 degree turns to navigate. It also involves disassembly of the backbox and removal of the head to get a game narrow enough to make the turn. So I stepped up, and I did put my money where my mouth is and went out and bought a game SPECIFICALLY so I would have something to bring to the show. I want to see the local pinball community come together, and I want to see this show be a huge success.

We each have unique situations, and many of us don't have Bilco doors or a walkout basement, nor access to a pickup truck. I'm probably going to end up renting a truck or trailer for the day to get this machine to the show, as I don't think it's going to fit in the back of my SUV.

Your sentiment isn't wrong, but the approach is a little harsh.

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from BenTheCartoon:

One of these days I'll bring my Dr. Dude to these shows, but I'll need to be able to do so without renting a U-Haul every time. For now, just coming as a player.

I rented a UHaul to bring my game to this show... it was only $15.

1 week later
    #232 6 years ago

Picking up a trailer at 7am, back home to load the machine up, then up the north way to Saratoga!

#234 6 years ago

Just a thought... wear your Pinside badges tomorrow. I'll have mine on, so I'll be easy to spot.

#270 6 years ago

Great show especially for a first time effort- kudos Adam!

My Hearts-Spades got 211 plays with no problems. I was a little surprised it didnt sell... oh well... it didnt seem like many of the games for sale were moving.

Lots of great games to play- a great variety spanning more than 80 years. @zacaj- I absolutely loved your Fleet. I played a dozen or more games on it... and a couple of those extra pennies were from me.

Low voltage was definately an issue... a number of the EMs seemed sluggish.

Great selection in the vendor area. You did particularly well with that. I hope they all sold enough stuff to come back next time!

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Anyone manage to fire the cannons

I did! Never made it all the way to the top though?

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Picked this beast up at the show. My back is feelin' it today!

If I had the room, and thought there was any hope of fitting it down my stairs, I would have bought that one for myself. Great pickup.

#313 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

We're there lines for games?

There was a pretty good line for Dialed-In all day long. There were much shorter, but consistent, lines for BM66 and Star Wars. For the rest of the games, they were almost always in play, but there were not long lines.

Please get an authentic Mexican or shawarma (or Halal) food cart for the show. Best street meat ever!.

While I agree, that's a tall order for Saratoga.

And it's only another hour up to Lake George! Heaven on earth!

It's actually less than half an hour. Spend the morning on the water, and the afternoon playing pinball! For whatever reason, they have struggled as a resort town the last few years-- we were up there a couple of weekend ago, and almost all of the motels had vacancies.

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Years ago, there were many arcades bulging with EM pins (add-a-balls, of course) in Lake George Village. I have several photos of location games somewhere. If I find them, I'll scan and post some. I even remember once seeing a "Pop A Card" in the entrance foyer of a motel we were considering staying in when my late brother trailered his boat up to the lake around 1990. There was even once a "Card Trix" with a for sale sign on it at a small gameroom at a miniature golf place near the foot of the lake.
    I believe most, if not just about all of the pins were operated by the late Guido Delsignore of Fort Edward, NY.

I remember some very old penny arcade soccer game out in front of one of the shops. It was taken out in the late 70s or early 80s after some drunk broke the front glass.

I'd love to see your old photos, I have a bunch from our vacations to the lake, but none that show the arcades.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drsfmd.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-saratoga-pinball-show-sat-aug-12-saratoga-springs-ny?tu=drsfmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.