(Topic ID: 190940)

Saratoga Pinball Show - 8/12/17 - Saratoga Springs, NY - Next Show Announced!

By ForceFlow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 330 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170813_155539 (resized).jpg
    20170812135039778 (resized).jpg
    20170812152829154 (resized).jpg
    20170812152844158 (resized).jpg
    20170812134848434 (resized).jpg
    20170812134812127 (resized).jpg
    20170812134804840 (resized).jpg
    20170812134808060 (resized).jpg
    20170812123930832 (resized).jpg
    20170812105837536 (resized).jpg
    20170813130720430 (resized).jpg
    20170812_201013 (resized).jpg
    20170812153941154 (resized).jpg
    20170812134851937 (resized).jpg
    20170812134922925 (resized).jpg
    20170812134927909 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Introduction Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #22 There is now break-down time on Sunday Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #26 Friday setup time added Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #27 Flea market spaces and floor map available Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #50 Volunteer information, game registration info, flea market info Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #57 30 days until the show on August 12th! Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #70 Print your own show flier! Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #87 Possibility for playfield glass and backbox glass Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #91 Link to the official FS/WTB games & parts thread Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #109 Free Play Raffle! Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1stpinballdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#121 6 years ago

So I ran into Adam in upstate NY the other day. Here's a guy who has done a boatload of work putting together a show near the capitol district, has its own website, made up cards, flyers, pulled his hair out getting the word out about this event and with about 11 days to go ...he has all of 11 (eleven) games registered. Of those eleven games, three are his and two are mine. Really??? I read about guys giving all kinds of excuses as to why they can't or aren't bringing games. ...and believe me, I've heard it all over the years. Guys are always worried about the public beating up their game or it being damaged in transport. These old games are built pretty well and made to take a beating. Plus, it's rare that show attendees beat up machines from what I've seen over the years. I also don't want to hear about how hard it is to move games. We can certainly move them when we're pulling them out of god knows what kind of basement or attic or dungeon when we find them can't we. Enough of the excuses.

Folks, it's time to put up or shut up. We've heard so many times how much we enjoy the shows and how nice it would be to have a show closer to home. Well here it is, it needs support. I hear from promoters at all the shows I've attended, its the people in the hobby who bring games, who set up in the flea market, who sell parts that make the show. Well so far here in upstate NY, it looks like we have a bunch of folks who can talk about it but are unwilling to support it. I know I'm going to get blasted by people who are either away on vacation or have to work or do have a legitimate reason for not bringing a game. It's not you I'm trying to convince. It's the others ...and there are many out there. THIS MEANS YOU! Come on, I find it very difficult to believe that there aren't enough folks in this area who aren't away or don't have to go to their aunt Tilly's hundredth birthday party or who's kid isn't celebrating their sweet 16th birthday to come up with fifty games to fill this venue. So go ahead, blast me but remember, we want shows, here's a show ...without support, it dies a painful death ...that's what I'm trying to prevent. Adam really kind of can't and it's likely would never write this, but someone has to.

Here's to hoping there's a swoon of late registrations. If we go into this show with 10 to 15 games, I fear it will either be cancelled or be a one and done.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

So the 5 wedgheads aren't for sale?

Ken,

My two games (Aquarius and Domino ...which incidentally was the blue ribbon winner for best 60's game at Pintastic) are for sale. We however have to adhere to the show rules ...so any games on the show floor should not be removed by the new owner prior to 7PM.

Dave

2 weeks later
    #301 6 years ago

Many thanks to forceflow and all of the volunteers for a real nice show. The venue was clean ...a real nice place, and the people couldn't have been more accommodating. Looking forward to next year. Don't move the weekend! I have other things scheduled the first and third weekends in August next year!

Haven't done the math, but off the top of my head, looks like my Aquarius and Domino were both played about 200 times.

Thanks to the local pinball community for bringing games and helping forceflow make a go of it. Without games to play, there is no show.

Dave

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1stpinballdave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-saratoga-pinball-show-sat-aug-12-saratoga-springs-ny?tu=1stpinballdave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.