(Topic ID: 190940)

Saratoga Pinball Show - 8/12/17 - Saratoga Springs, NY - Next Show Announced!

By ForceFlow

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 330 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170813_155539 (resized).jpg
    20170812135039778 (resized).jpg
    20170812152829154 (resized).jpg
    20170812152844158 (resized).jpg
    20170812134848434 (resized).jpg
    20170812134812127 (resized).jpg
    20170812134804840 (resized).jpg
    20170812134808060 (resized).jpg
    20170812123930832 (resized).jpg
    20170812105837536 (resized).jpg
    20170813130720430 (resized).jpg
    20170812_201013 (resized).jpg
    20170812153941154 (resized).jpg
    20170812134851937 (resized).jpg
    20170812134922925 (resized).jpg
    20170812134927909 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Introduction Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #22 There is now break-down time on Sunday Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #26 Friday setup time added Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #27 Flea market spaces and floor map available Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #50 Volunteer information, game registration info, flea market info Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #57 30 days until the show on August 12th! Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #70 Print your own show flier! Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #87 Possibility for playfield glass and backbox glass Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #91 Link to the official FS/WTB games & parts thread Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Post #109 Free Play Raffle! Posted by ForceFlow (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 330 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 6 years ago

I am pleased to announce that there will be a brand new pinball show in Saratoga Springs, NY on Saturday August 12th, 11AM-9PM!

Details about the show can be found at http://pinballsaratoga.com

It will be held at the Saratoga Regional YMCA at 290 West Ave in Saratoga Springs, NY. The staff at the Y are very excited to be hosting this event.

Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/QgNLLya9bBq

The idea was to have a small local show since there's not much in terms of pinball in this area. However, this show will only be fun and successful if collectors and enthusiasts from the area bring games for everyone to enjoy.

So, if you would like to bring a game (or several), the registration details are available here:

http://pinballsaratoga.com/games/game-registration/

The setup time for the show will be on Friday from 7PM to 10PM, and Saturday from 8AM to 11AM. The doors will then open to the public at 11AM and will close at 9PM. Break-down will happen between 9PM and 11PM on Saturday night, and Sunday morning between 8AM and noon.

Note that there will be a cap of 50 games for this year, but with the possibility for expansion next year if there is demand for it. Arcade games are welcome as well.

If you have rubber feet/footies/castors for your game, please bring them. The floor in the room is wood and may cause games to slide around somewhat. Rubber pads will be provided if you do not already have rubber feet/footies/castors for your game(s).

There will be vendor and flea market spaces available. Spaces are priced low enough to attract anyone who might not feel they have quite enough stuff to make it worthwhile for one of the larger shows. A space also includes a table and chairs at no extra cost. Details are available here:

http://pinballsaratoga.com/vendors-flea-market/

This show will be run more or less like most other shows, just scaled down somewhat. So, if you have been to other shows before, many of the same familiar rules and guidelines will apply.

If you have not been to the Saratoga area before, there are several downtown attractions, shops, restaurants, and a bustling night life just 5 minutes away. Some details are here:

http://pinballsaratoga.com/local-attractions/

Comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome.

Hope to see everyone at the show and looking forward to see what games get registered and show up!

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/saratoga-pinball-show-2017

-----
    Updates:

By bringing a clean, working game to the show for free play, you will be entered into the raffle for a chance to win one of the six $25 gift certificates available! There are four $25 Pinball Life gift certificates and two $25 Pinitech gift certificates that a raffle winner can choose from.

If you register a game before midnight on Wednesday 8/9, you will be eligible for the $100 free play grand prize raffle which can be used at http://pinitech.com!

Each game you bring will count as a raffle entry, so bringing more than one game will increase your chances of winning.

Gift certificates will be limited to one per winner. The gift certificate will be awarded to the person who originally registered the game.

http://pinballsaratoga.com/games/game-registration/#Free_Play_Raffle_Details

#2 6 years ago

Hmm! Let's see pinball in the morning, the track in the afternoon and Siro's in the evening. The perfect trifecta.

#3 6 years ago

What exactly is the reason for asking what specific games people will bring? Is it anything beyond just compiling a list? I'd definitely bring a game or two, but have absolutely no idea what they'll be. Could make a random guess but most likely would just submit new ones a day or two before anyway...

Also, I'd make the drop-down list under 'games' include a second link for the list. Didn't realize the first time that 'Games' itself was also clickable...

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

What exactly is the reason for asking what specific games people will bring? Is it anything beyond just compiling a list? I'd definitely bring a game or two, but have absolutely no idea what they'll be. Could make a random guess but most likely would just submit new ones a day or two before anyway...

Yes, it is to let others know what games they might expect to see, and to keep track of about how many games will be showing up.

While I don't expect specific to be registered quite this far in advance, it will at least get people thinking about what games they might want to prepare to bring.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

While I don't expect specific to be registered quite this far in advance

I suppose if we actually get 50 pre-registered it's a good problem

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I suppose if we actually get 50 pre-registered it's a good problem

Definitely

#8 6 years ago

How many vendor booths? Is there an outdoor flea market

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Schnollms:

How many vendor booths?

Since this show announcement has only been up for a couple days, I do not yet have an exact number for the total number of indoor vendor / flea market spaces. Right now, it's flex space depending on how many of one or the other is needed based on who registers a space. As the show date gets closer, I plan to have a floor map available.

My expectation is that there will be a few people setting up for flea market spaces, but it will be light on vendors because of the smaller size of the show (in other words, I'm not really expecting cointaker, mayfair, starship fantasy, or some of the other big names you usually see at shows) and because this is year one.

Quoted from Schnollms:

Is there an outdoor flea market

Unless people express a strong interest in setting up outside, I had no plans for outdoor flea market space.

#10 6 years ago

Congrats! Nice job bringing something together quick. Hope you get a good turnout!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I am pleased to announce that there will be a brand new pinball show in Saratoga Springs, NY on Saturday August 12th, 11AM-9PM!

If you create a Facebook event for this let me know and I'll share it to our CNY Pinball group. I'm sure some other people from Syracuse and maybe even Rochester might want to go.

#12 6 years ago

Dang... this is a dream come true for me having a show in Saratoga when the track is open. Problem is this particular day just isn't good for me. Oh well, maybe next year.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricR:

If you create a Facebook event for this let me know and I'll share it to our CNY Pinball group. I'm sure some other people from Syracuse and maybe even Rochester might want to go.

That would be cool, thanks

https://www.facebook.com/SaratogaPinballShow/

#14 6 years ago

Looking forward to this event. I'm hoping to bring a couple of EM pins, but don't know which ones at this time. I've already reserved a hotel room for Saturday night. Do the pins absolutely need to be gone by the end of Saturday night?

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Looking forward to this event. I'm hoping to bring a couple of EM pins, but don't know which ones at this time. I've already reserved a hotel room for Saturday night. Do the pins absolutely need to be gone by the end of Saturday night?

The plan was to have everything cleared out Saturday night. After everyone leaves, the custodial crew will clean the space and have it ready to open back up at 6AM the following morning for the facility's regular activities.

That said, while the show space will need to be cleared and games will need to be broken down and moved out, I can check if we can possibly store some things on the second floor (there is an elevator) in areas that may not be in use on Sunday. Does that sound like something that might help?

#16 6 years ago

Shared it on the Greater NY Pinball & Arcade Collectors group also. Good luck with the show.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gnypac/

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meph:

Shared it on the Greater NY Pinball & Arcade Collectors group also. Good luck with the show.

Awesome, thanks

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

The plan was to have everything cleared out Saturday night. After everyone leaves, the custodial crew will clean the space and have it ready to open back up at 6AM the following morning for the facility's regular activities.
    That said, while the show space will need to be cleared and games will need to be broken down and moved out, I can check if we can possibly store some things on the second floor (there is an elevator) in areas that may not be in use on Sunday. Does that sound like something that might help?

It's not an issue really, but it's going to be a long day.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

It's not an issue really, but it's going to be a long day.

Yup, but a fun one

#20 6 years ago

Shared this to the local group the other day, and it looks like there's some people interested in going.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from EricR:

Shared this to the local group the other day, and it looks like there's some people interested in going.

Great, thanks for helping to spread the word

#22 6 years ago

Good news, there will now be some extra break-down time on Sunday morning!

This may give you more of an opportunity to enjoy some of the Saturday nightlife in Saratoga

So, for anyone who doesn't want to break-down or finish breaking down on Saturday night, you can do so on Sunday morning.

The space will be locked up on Saturday night, unlocked on Sunday at 8AM, and everything needs to be completely cleared out by noon.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Meph:

Didn't know we had an Upstate Pinball specific group. No wonder I miss all the good stuff around here!

Super excited for this pinball show!!!

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good news, there will now be some extra break-down time on Sunday morning!
    This may give you more of an opportunity to enjoy some of the Saturday nightlife in Saratoga
    So, for anyone who doesn't want to break-down or finish breaking down on Saturday night, you can do so on Sunday morning.
    The space will be locked up on Saturday night, unlocked on Sunday at 8AM, and everything needs to be completely cleared out by noon.

That's welcome news. I think a lot of guys will be pooped by the end of Saturday. I'm pretty sure I will be!

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Didn't know we had an Upstate Pinball specific group. No wonder I miss all the good stuff around here!
    Super excited for this pinball show!!!

In your own home town, no less!

#26 6 years ago

More good news--for anyone who is interested, we will now have a few hours on Friday evening from 7PM to 10PM for set up.

#27 6 years ago

Details on flea market spaces are now available!

Three 20x20 spaces, a dozen 10x6 spaces, and a few hallway spaces.

A floor map of the event is also now available.

sps-show-map (resized).jpgsps-show-map (resized).jpg

#28 6 years ago

Two 20x20 flea market spaces have been spoken for. There is now only one 20x20 space remaining.

There is a dozen 10x6 spaces available, which can be combined in twos to form 10x16 (2 spaces), 21x6 (2 spaces), or 21x16 (4 spaces).

Also, if you know of collectors in the area who might be interested in coming to the show, please be sure to spread the word--the show won't be a success without people who are able to bring games. Let's make it a fun and successful show!

#29 6 years ago

For the flea market spaces, four 8ft tables are now available from the show, in addition to the 6ft tables that were available. When registering for a flea market space, be sure to indicate if you would like one of these tables. Tables that are provided by the show are limited to one per space (to ensure that there are enough to go around), but you are welcome to also bring your own.

#30 6 years ago

Here's a postcard shaped flyer for the event that I will start spreading around:

sps-postcard (resized).jpgsps-postcard (resized).jpg

20170629200631930-1 (resized).jpg20170629200631930-1 (resized).jpg

#32 6 years ago

Free bump!

And nice flyer sir!

#33 6 years ago

As with other shows, bringing a game for free play grants free admission? Put me down for a game, maybe two. EMs; more than likely wedgeheads.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

As with other shows, bringing a game for free play grants free admission?

Yep! This show will pretty much be run the same way as other shows, just scaled down a bit.

Details about bringing a game are here:

Quoted from jrpinball:

Put me down for a game, maybe two. EMs; more than likely wedgeheads.

Excellent, happy to have them! If you know what game(s) you plan to bring, please go ahead and register them when you're ready so we can keep track of what games may be appearing at the show.

1 week later
    #35 6 years ago

Now that Pintastic has wrapped up (thanks to everyone who participated and made it a great show!), the Saratoga Pinball Show is coming up next!

For anyone interested in participating in the show, registering a game will get you in for free! Indoor flea market spaces are available in the center of the show floor at a very reasonable price–reserve a 10×6 space for $30–table included!

#36 6 years ago

Someone just mentioned to me that it might be fun to have a bowler and/or skee ball machines at the event. I know those games are huge and can be a giant pain to move, but if anyone wants to bring anything like that, they would be welcome at the show

#37 6 years ago

I'm working on a way to get the check in process at the show moving a bit faster and have the game card information a bit easier to read.

If you register your game before the show, a game card will be printed and waiting for you. When you arrive, all you have to do is mark on the card if you are selling the game and add the price.

20170711191923390-1 (resized).jpg20170711191923390-1 (resized).jpg

#38 6 years ago

Just a minor detail, but which looks better...using a marker on the "not" in front of "for sale", or using white-out tape?

20170712141129338-1 (resized).jpg20170712141129338-1 (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago

How about this?

NOT FOR SALE / FOR SALE

And you circle one.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

How about this?
    NOT FOR SALE / FOR SALE
    And you circle one.

I've seen other cards with checkboxes that do it like that too. The downside with having both visible is that it uses up a lot of space on the card, and it might not be clear for someone reading it at a glance from several feet away.

I noticed the "Not For Sale" with "not" crossed out on the cards at Pintastic, which seemed to be a clever approach.

#41 6 years ago

How about just leaving line blank (with a dollar sign on both ends) so people can just either put a price or NOT FOR SALE on that line?

#42 6 years ago

Is there a way to see a list of the registered games?

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just a minor detail, but which looks better...using a marker on the "not" in front of "for sale", or using white-out tape?

Or what about leaving a blank space in front of "For Sale"? Someone can write "Not" in front of it or the price after it.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

How about just leaving line blank (with a dollar sign on both ends) so people can just either put a price or NOT FOR SALE on that line?

Here are examples with a blank line filled in.

20170713103203647 (resized).jpg20170713103203647 (resized).jpg

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Or what about leaving a blank space in front of "For Sale"? Someone can write "Not" in front of it or the price after it.

Mixing half printed text and half hand-written could be confusing due to readability issues. Not to mention, that anything hand-written takes up at least twice as much space. I think it might be best to do all text or none.

I'm kind of liking the blank line, though. That way, anyone can write whatever they want (for sale, not for sale, trade, the price)

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Mixing half printed text and half hand-written could be confusing due to readability issues. Not to mention, that anything hand-written takes up at least twice as much space. I think it might be best to do all text or none.
    I'm kind of liking the blank line, though. That way, anyone can write whatever they want (for sale, not for sale, trade, the price)

Blank line looks good!

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

With blank line NOT FOR SALE jumps out more also but regardless of what you use ask people to make sure they have something marked in that line. I hate it when something is For Sale with no price on it.

Best of luck with the show! One suggestion I would make is to set up an official "spread sheet" for the show. I know some people feel as though this leads to deals being made ahead of time but on the flip side it is great to have an idea what will be at the show. And deals will be made ahead of time with or without a spread sheet so why not let people know what game you expect to have at the show?

#49 6 years ago

With blank line NOT FOR SALE jumps out more also but regardless of what you use ask people to make sure they have something marked in that line. I hate it when something is For Sale with no price on it.

I could have a small cardboard display at the check-in table with examples of what you could write on that line. That might help make it self-explanatory.

Best of luck with the show! One suggestion I would make is to set up an official "spread sheet" for the show. I know some people feel as though this leads to deals being made ahead of time but on the flip side it is great to have an idea what will be at the show. And deals will be made ahead of time with or without a spread sheet so why not let people know what game you expect to have at the show?

I do have a list of registered games on the website.

Most other shows have stopped doing a FS/WTB spreadsheet. Is it still something that is desirable to have available?

#50 6 years ago

Volunteer information for the show is now up:

http://pinballsaratoga.com/volunteer/

We need help with check-ins, showing people where they can set up, monitoring the doors for game removals, monitoring games for problems (and report them to game owners), and helping with event break-down.

Free admission to the show will be available for anyone who volunteers for 2 hours or more on Friday or Saturday.

--

If you plan on bringing a game, please go ahead and register it so we can share the game titles.

While these may be difficult to move, if anyone has a bowler, shuffle alley, skee ball, or chexx hockey to share, these are welcome as well to add some variety to the show.

Game cards will be printed ahead of time using the submitted information, which should help speed up the check-in process.

--

There are also plenty of flea market spaces still available. If you have a couple of boxes of parts you want to get rid of, this is a perfect opportunity--a 10x6 space for only $30--including a table and chairs!

Flea market spaces will be in the center of the room, so they will be highly visible to anyone attending the event.

game card (resized).jpggame card (resized).jpg

There are 330 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-saratoga-pinball-show-sat-aug-12-saratoga-springs-ny?hl=schnollms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.