(Topic ID: 243481)

OHIO'S NEW SHOW “PINBREW” April 8-10 2021, ITS ON!!!!

By Skypilot

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 711 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7966 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0441 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0442 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0433 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0436 (resized).JPG
    972FFAB2-554C-4764-B0DF-7B35993F4B8A (resized).jpeg
    B0987148-3B8A-4939-B82E-8F1183E0EA04 (resized).jpeg
    881D2C4D-9F4B-47CE-86B6-E2FB5D7D2A85 (resized).jpeg
    C541BFFE-E637-4F86-8751-32C9D18F7677 (resized).jpeg
    5C1949A8-7786-4FE4-AFCE-6B33205136F4 (resized).jpeg
    85459828-7421-4437-9E61-81FF23FD844E (resized).jpeg
    5FD78D88-9B22-4360-ACCE-948C8D981A55 (resized).jpeg
    7F14C696-5C78-4C6C-BDA4-3B673622F4DF (resized).jpeg
    9765F622-E698-48F7-BDE2-1FD7F903EC8E.gif
    IMG_3286 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8862 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider terrapinmark.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Two great guys! Looking forward to this show. This one and the Cleveland Pinball show will be my go to shows in Ohio. The show (if it could be called one) at that Emidios dump will never see another nickel of my money!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

So the Ohio Show is no longer?

I understand this is a completely different show. Having said that the Ohio Pinball show has been dying a slow death for years! Whoever runs that show should probably put it out to pasture.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

If you build it they will cum.

Lol

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Yes ,The Metroplex is a very nice venue with room to grow. The Hotels are within walking distance for all you beer lovers.
    I really feel your going to enjoy the setup

Awesome that the hotels are within walking distance. Especially if I have a couple of craft ales.

#29 4 years ago

Two great guys! Looking forward to this show. This one and the Cleveland Pinball show will be my go to shows in Ohio. The show (if it could be called one) at that Emidios dump will never see another nickel of my money!

Best of Luck Marvin and Keith!!

#30 4 years ago

This is great news and I am looking forward to this show.I have known Marvin and Keith for years. This one and the CLE show will be my go to shows in Ohio.

The pinball show (if it could be called one) at that Emidios dump will never see another nickel of my money!

Good luck Keith and Marvin.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Third time repeating this... I assume you and Mike are having another spat? .

I thought it was the 4th time. Oh wait..that is scheduled for next week . Who is Mike? Pretty sure those hotels you list/found are not the ones that will be involved. I am not associated with the new show (other than being a supporter) and therefore not an official spokesman but there is a Double Tree, Residence Inn, Hampton Inn in that area.

#38 4 years ago

Will any of the craft beer folks be selling hats and shirts? Love supporting local craft beer!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Consider Jackie O's Brewery. One of Ohio's great breweries!

@meSz. Agreed. My son is going into his Senior year at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio (home of Jackie O's). Been to both tasting rooms and agree. Have some great beer. There is also a place in Athens called Little Fish brewery who make some outstanding barrel aged beers (sours etc). Fat Heads, Brew Kettle, Thirsty Dog, Birdfish, have some quality Ohio beers and ales.

1 week later
    #48 4 years ago

Awesome you have the support of Rob Berk and Ivan. Those two know how to put on a show. Talked to both of them at the recent Pinfest show in Allentown. Looking forward to seeing the vendor list and craft brewery list as well. I am probably going to bring the Bally Atlantis for freeplay!

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 1.03.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-15 at 1.03.53 PM (resized).png
    #59 4 years ago

Will there be IFPA sanctioned tournaments? Have you named the tournament directors yet?

1 month later
    #67 4 years ago
    Quoted from KYLEDM5:

We can only hope.

LOL. BWAAAAHAAAAHAAA!!!

5 months later
    #105 4 years ago

Made my reservations several weeks ago. Still undecided what game to bring. Leaning toward a Mid 1970's multi-player EM! Thanks Keith & Marvin!

#108 4 years ago

I can bring Star Gazer!!!

#114 4 years ago

There is a nice write up about the show on Pinball News!

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/event/pinbrewfest/

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

Can I bring my cat that drinks diet coke?

Wait.... Was that a cat?

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Anyone for Pierogi's? Lets welcome Babcia's to the show![quoted image][quoted image]

I have heard really good things about Babcia's. Will they be there for multiple days of the show? Asking for a friend who lives in Poland, Ohio.

2 weeks later
    #169 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

Here are some of the games that I am bringing to pinbrew

8 Lost in Space

Will Lost in Space be for sale?... asking for a friend!

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from ckorth:

Just bought my VIP tix - cant wait for the show

You buying or selling?

2 weeks later
    #238 4 years ago
    Quoted from plankalkul:

Pinbrew is a "toy"? Get your head out of your ass, Mike. Keith has contributed plenty, and will continue to do so in his way. And he'll do it with compassion, kindness, and a noble dignity you seem to have left behind decades ago.

Nice Summary @plankalkul. Wow.....Mike! If I recall Keith has taken DOZENS of high end restored pinball games (also ball bowlers etc) to the Ohio Pinball show. I believe he won awards for his Atlantis and his Dr. Who at the Ohio Pinball Show over the years. He has also brought beautiful games to Pinball Expo and the Cleveland Pinball Show. Last I checked he was also instrumental in the development and promotion of the new hard tops on the market. He has restored several games for me (Quicksilver & Star Gazer) that I have taken proudly to shows (New York City Pinball Show and ReplayFX). He supplies all of the games at Birdfish brewery which has also resulted in the start of a pinball league and is attended by people from Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Aside from that Keith hasn't done shit for the hobby.

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Keith sounds like a great guy and it's sad he's so hot over a stupid show misunderstanding

metallik ... Larry, pretty sure you have Keith/Skypilot and Aaron/Plankalkul confused with each other. There is not a single hot post from Keith. And you are correct. Not only does Keith "sound" like a great guy, he "Is" a great guy. You should consider going to both the Ohio Pinball Show and Pinbrew Show. I loved all the games you used to bring to shows. Especially that bad ass Attack From Mars you used to bring to Expo.

2 months later
    #253 3 years ago

Fingers, pierogies, diet cokes, and hand chairs crossed!

1 week later
    #262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

If this is true, why the same
    Dates?

It is my understanding that the Pinbrew organizers had the 2021 show dates booked well over a year ago with the venue management. In fact they have the 2022 date as well.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

You are correct. April 7-9 2022 FYI

Thank you for also announcing the 2022 date!

3 weeks later
    #268 3 years ago

I will book the Hampton Inn when the prices are announced in 2021. Hope to bring a game or two.

4 months later
    #269 3 years ago

Thinking about bringing 3 games.

The (yours) restored Bally Atlantis. Stern Stargazer, and Gottlieb Force II. Hoping it will be safe in April of 2021.

2 months later
    #277 3 years ago

Fantastic!

#279 3 years ago

Stern Split Second and Bally Atlantis (SS)

1 month later
    #395 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Real wood fired pizza......... mmmmm....
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Skypilot Dad is going to love this pizza. Is the Pierogie truck going to be there too? Dad loves those too!

#403 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

He looked so sad at Allentown.

@fatdirk 6 hour drives do take their toll. There is a great farmers market across the street. Pizza, scrapple, pot pies, pierogies, burgers and a host of other artery hardening delicacies! Also... pet friendly!

#412 3 years ago

Skypilot Just got my VIP tickets. Can't wait!

#417 3 years ago

Game is registered and hotel is booked. Lets hope for some nice weather.

I will be bringing a game that holds a lot of sentimental value. I sold my beautiful Split Second to PAPA/ReplayFX years ago. Many of you may have played it. When ReplayFX liquidated I was able to get MY game back (Thanks Joe). Here is a picture of the twins on my Split Second. (the twins are now 23).

Who else is staying at the Hampton?

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 7.12.37 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-03-18 at 7.12.37 AM (resized).pngSplit Second at ReplayFX (resized).pngSplit Second at ReplayFX (resized).png
    #419 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hampton didn’t have any rooms with two beds left so I went with the comfort inn.

I believe the Hampton is now sold out. Travel safe from Kentucky!!

#425 3 years ago

How late on Thursday can we set up? A couple of my guys are coming in from Maryland and may get in a little late on Thursday.

#435 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Hampton booked for Fri night. .

Did Dad get a room for Friday?

#484 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Your a Judge!
    [quoted image]

"You're"*

#500 3 years ago

Show Bump!

#512 3 years ago

Skypilot

Looks like you and Marvin are bringing a ton of games. Awesome. Looking forward to the show. Will be meeting a few friends from Maryland at the event.

#515 3 years ago

Skypilot

Do we need to prepay for the glass or is it first come first serve?

#527 3 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

It is first come first serve.

Thanks Marvin. I appreciate the clarification. I will grab some glass on Friday.

Need to grab a couple sheets for my Dad!

#529 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Chocolate Freaking Bacon......need I say more

You had me at "Chocolate" and "Bacon". Is that a beer flavor?

#532 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

New Vendor
    They also have bacon wrapped steak on a stick.

Not to mention all of the craft beer vendors! Lately I have been enjoying "Sours". Looking forward to trying some of the Birdfish Sours.

#554 3 years ago

Also still looking for a Schematic for a Chicago Coin Fighting Irish Wood Rail Pinball.

#576 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I'll buy you a beer to sweeten the deal.

Will you buy me a beer and dad a triple order of pierogies? Babcias is his favorite!

Babcias Lunchbox (resized).pngBabcias Lunchbox (resized).png
    #593 3 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

Is everyone going to have their pinside badge on? or will I be the only jerk advertising myself? [quoted image]

What is a Pinside badge? Or is it just writing your Pinside handle on a name tag?

#595 3 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

If you go under your profile, there is a spot there to make a name badge or lanyard with the pinside logo, your avatar, and 3-digit high-score initials.

Thats cool. I will print out and put into a lanyard. So yes. I will have a badge. Thanks for letting me know this exists.

Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 11.26.11 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-04 at 11.26.11 AM (resized).png
    1 week later
    #620 3 years ago

Fantastic Show! Great people. Great Games. Great Food. Great weather. Great Beer. And the Split Second I brought held up nicely!! Next year I will bring Star Gazer.

171795818_2900422666945921_792941006880922008_n (resized).jpg171795818_2900422666945921_792941006880922008_n (resized).jpg
    #651 3 years ago
    Quoted from joetechbob:

Anyone get some time on Alien?

Yes.... it played great. Lots of fun.

#659 3 years ago
    Quoted from 29REO:

P.S. terrapinmark Your Split Second is sweet. New respect for Split Second.

Glad you enjoyed it. Next year I will bring an even rarer Classic Stern Star Gazer. Restored by one of the shows directors (Keith)

#662 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

And if I miss somebody in this thank you my apologies

Skypilot

Well you missed mentioning Dad. He has done a lot for pinball!

#665 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Not planning to, but to imply we (especially this train wreck of a state) are anywhere near "post-covid" is insane. Regardless what you choose not to believe or ignore, we are very much "in covid" still.

grantopia
    I am pretty sure I SAW YOU at the Pinbrew show. So what changed for you?

#673 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

.. hopefully next year!!

Deez
    Lets make sure it happens. First round of pierogies for you and dad will be on me!

#680 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Thank you to all the people that brought Pinball machines.

My pleasure. I had several very nice comments on the Split Second that I brought. Next year I will bring one of the following (each is completely restored) Star Gazer, Nine Ball or Quicksilver. In other news, I enjoyed the beer selection. The two "Sours" that I had were expertly crafted. And lower ABV. I wanted to try the Hazy Double IPA but it was a little high on the ABV (9%) for me.

Skypilot

Please tell the guys at Mad Cap and Birdfish that their beers are excellent!!!

#694 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

maybe break down into best modern/ss/em restore if lots of games are brought.

metallik

Question. In your opinion what year/games start the "modern" era? I get a little confused with that term. For example are Xenon and High speed both considered a SS game in terms of show category?

3 months later
    #706 2 years ago
    Quoted from crlush: it cracks me up the guy that was lobbying for you guys to not have the show actually comes to the show, lol.

I cracked up as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider terrapinmark.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-in-ohio-pinbrew-spring-2020?tu=terrapinmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.