(Topic ID: 243481)

OHIO'S NEW SHOW “PINBREW” April 8-10 2021, ITS ON!!!!

By Skypilot

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 711 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7966 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0441 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0442 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0433 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0436 (resized).JPG
    972FFAB2-554C-4764-B0DF-7B35993F4B8A (resized).jpeg
    B0987148-3B8A-4939-B82E-8F1183E0EA04 (resized).jpeg
    881D2C4D-9F4B-47CE-86B6-E2FB5D7D2A85 (resized).jpeg
    C541BFFE-E637-4F86-8751-32C9D18F7677 (resized).jpeg
    5C1949A8-7786-4FE4-AFCE-6B33205136F4 (resized).jpeg
    85459828-7421-4437-9E61-81FF23FD844E (resized).jpeg
    5FD78D88-9B22-4360-ACCE-948C8D981A55 (resized).jpeg
    7F14C696-5C78-4C6C-BDA4-3B673622F4DF (resized).jpeg
    9765F622-E698-48F7-BDE2-1FD7F903EC8E.gif
    IMG_3286 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8862 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 4 years ago

Madcap Brew Co all day

1 year later
    #479 3 years ago

Beer Man

Quoted from mjg417:

Im confused, it says the name is mugsy already when you click on banner?

It’s rigged!!! Lol

1 week later
    #579 3 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

Is everyone going to have their pinside badge on? or will I be the only jerk advertising myself? [quoted image]

I feel like if I wore mine I would get some unexplained punches to the gut

I always forget about the badge

1 week later
    #617 3 years ago

It was cool chatting with you in person Ceckitti about that Playboy. chuckwurt i played your stranger things but didn’t realize it was yours, otherwise I would’ve hunted you down to say hello.

Thanks for putting the show on Marvin and Keith! It was a blast and thanks for everyone that played the hell out of my Shangri La!

8C0802BC-F1FF-4ECE-80E0-997C2FDB7969 (resized).jpeg8C0802BC-F1FF-4ECE-80E0-997C2FDB7969 (resized).jpeg
    #626 3 years ago
    Quoted from misterhare:

I am in agreement with all. The show was amazing. Nice work Keith and Marvin. Thanks also to all the people who brought their own machines and let the rest of us enjoy them. It's not easy and your effort is also appreciated.
    Beyond gratfeul to have been honored along with the other nominees! #blessed
    [quoted image]

Best award of the night! Really took the wind out of the sails for all those Best in Show winner’s.

#669 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Well if you want to read into it that way, I'm not sure what to tell you. Had I not been fully vaccinated and over two weeks out from my second one, I would not have gone. I did some volunteer work at East Technical High as part of the CMSD vaccination program and was able to receive my first shot in February and my second in March. My wife works in healthcare and has been vaccinated since the end of 2020, so those were two factors in my decision.
    As far as "taking customers away", anyone that wasn't fully vaccinated and attending the show was taking a risk (that I wouldn't take), and I would still not have recommended they attend. Clearly that didn't resonate much with the people in this thread anyway.
    I'm not going to spend pages nit picking the show because I don't need to start a whole argument about it, but overall it was pretty well run, but was disappointed in the lack of adherence to masks and social distancing by many of the vendors and breweries. I expected that is what would happen anyway though, hence my reasons for not attending in the first place if I wasn't vaccinated. The show attendees seemed to be pretty respectful of the guidelines, but of course relaxed as the night went on.
    Had I not been vaccinated I would not have felt comfortable there, but clearly I'm the outlier here anyways and still think ANY event like this, not just pinball, is not a good idea until the vaccination rate is much higher for the health and well being of the public.

The thing that’s shitty about it is you preached about how it’s a terrible idea

Had no problem posting your opinions about the timing and laying down this undertone of guilt for anyone planning on going using your wife’s work as justification and defending your stance anytime someone disagreed

Then you went to the show.....but had a change in heart about what you felt was worthy of posting in the same thread and kept it silent on the thread until someone said they saw you.

9765F622-E698-48F7-BDE2-1FD7F903EC8E.gif9765F622-E698-48F7-BDE2-1FD7F903EC8E.gif
    #671 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Also don't know why you (who doesn't know me) think I owe you (who I don't know) updates on my life because someone (who I also don't know) saw me at the show.

Don’t try to take the easy route and turn this into a me vs you thing and try telling me what I’m thinking or expecting to be owed

You’re the one giving out unsolicited updates on your opinions of safety, family’s exposure and line of work, and volunteer work and shot schedule for us to respond to

I’m glad you went to the show (from an attendance equals success point of view), I was unknowingly in the same room as you playing the same pins man. The show needed people to be successful, but to @buckaroo’s point it was extremely hypocritical and there’s an element of fragility on the success of the show based on people going that you pretty much led the way on describing why to NOT GO

Then showed up. I’m just trying to follow along.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrm_4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-in-ohio-pinbrew-spring-2020?tu=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.