(Topic ID: 243481)

OHIO'S NEW SHOW “PINBREW” April 8-10 2021, ITS ON!!!!

By Skypilot

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 711 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7966 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0441 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0442 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0433 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0436 (resized).JPG
    972FFAB2-554C-4764-B0DF-7B35993F4B8A (resized).jpeg
    B0987148-3B8A-4939-B82E-8F1183E0EA04 (resized).jpeg
    881D2C4D-9F4B-47CE-86B6-E2FB5D7D2A85 (resized).jpeg
    C541BFFE-E637-4F86-8751-32C9D18F7677 (resized).jpeg
    5C1949A8-7786-4FE4-AFCE-6B33205136F4 (resized).jpeg
    85459828-7421-4437-9E61-81FF23FD844E (resized).jpeg
    5FD78D88-9B22-4360-ACCE-948C8D981A55 (resized).jpeg
    7F14C696-5C78-4C6C-BDA4-3B673622F4DF (resized).jpeg
    9765F622-E698-48F7-BDE2-1FD7F903EC8E.gif
    IMG_3286 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8862 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 4 years ago

Looking to track down a game off the wishlist. Located on the west side of Cleveland so could do something prior to the show too.

Anyone have a Ripley's, Johnny Mnemonic, Jack Bot, Road Show, World Cup Soccer, Goldeneye or maybe World Poker Tour for sale? To save some back and forth, not really looking for $4K+ modded, powder coated, custom topper, etc. versions of these games. Let me know if you've got one of these you're looking to sell. Thanks.

3 weeks later
    #184 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

One more ready for the show [quoted image]

PmKBfQe (resized).jpgPmKBfQe (resized).jpg
    #196 4 years ago

Hate to ask, but is there any sense of if there will be a date when a firm go/no go decision on the show happening in light of virus spreading and event/work/school cancelations increasing by the hour?

Please don't take this as rooting for a cancel, just trying to make a travel/hotel decision like everyone else I'm sure.

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Yes we are! The two (and only) great shows Ohio puts on by some dedicated, classy organizers! You should attend and take some tips from these guys!

I'll still attend both as usual! Two great shows, one 15 minutes from my house and one less than 1.5 hours is a cross I'm willing to bear! Not sure how this is a problem. Has anyone ever said "boy, I wish there were less great pinball shows and they were further away?"

Pinball shows are not exactly known for their hygiene and cleanliness anyway ,so I'm all for playing it safe. I can't imagine how much of a pain in the ass it has to be to plan these let alone have this happen and have to move the whole thing weeks before but it seems like the smart move and I have to assume support and momentum for the show will only increase.

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Wait. Now I’m confused. I thought it was cancelled?

I was too for a second then I realized the post said 2021, not this year. Took me a minute ha.

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from BallyTim:

I personally think it's gonna be GREAT havin' both PinBrew and the CLE show so close together this year! It's always a bummer when a show is over and to wait for the next one. I'M READY!!!

Right?! This is like the chicago/NY pizza debate. I have room in my life for both delicious options.

1 month later
    #246 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ace24:

I was just doing some work around the house when I remembered, I’m supposed to be at Pinbrewfest right now!☹️ I even happen to be wearing my Stern T-shirt.
    Looking forward to August!

I got the notification on FB . Knowing how things are today postponing was absolutely the best move. Definitely plan to come out later this year and support it!

8 months later
    #273 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Any updates on this one due to covid?
    Hoping this thing goes on. Cool idea.

Gotta assume it will be moved or canceled with the rate at our vaccine roll out is going? Bunch of people shoulder to shoulder in a poorly ventilated area drinking...

4 weeks later
    #285 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Is this going to be the first post-COVID public pinball show? Good luck to everyone involved, hope it goes off without a hitch. I was at the final pre-COVID show (LAX 2020), might try to get up to this one to bookend the other side of the pandemic... y'all are twice the distance though

Post-Covid? Uh...not sure how to tell you this but...

#287 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Call it "Post Covid crisis". And if you don't believe that, just don't attend.

Not planning to, but to imply we (especially this train wreck of a state) are anywhere near "post-covid" is insane. Regardless what you choose not to believe or ignore, we are very much "in covid" still.

#290 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Thank goodness Ohio opened their bars & restaurants sooner than Michigan (first closure) allowing my wife and I to go to Toledo area restaurants dozens of times. As well as our November 15th closure that was recently lifted.

I'm not sure this proves your point the way you think it does. I gave up arguing with the BUT MUH FREEDOM people months ago. My wife works in healthcare in the UH system and has been dealing with the consequences of shit like this for a year. You are clearly free to do whatever you want, but it doesn't change the status of the pandemic to non-existent.

#293 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Agreed, I did not say non-existent. It appears that leadership in some states believe that the crisis is past the peak since openings of businesses and restricted events are happening or scheduled to happen in the near future.

Well that is different then when you said "post covid crisis". We may be past the peak for now, but a large part of it is due to winter and people staying home more than they were and a lack of these large public events. I'm not telling anyone to go or not go, but pinball shows are gross under the best of conditions. A pinball show based on people gathering to all touch the same stuff in the same space while drinking in the same space with masks off is certainly not going to help things.

People are clearly willing to accept the risk and I can only control my own behavior, but we are not "post" covid anything. We may be past the peak for the state (for now), but it doesn't imply safety at events like this. I'm honestly not trying to derail this and hope the show can go on in a safe way for those that feel the need to attend, so I'll stop clogging up the thread ha.

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

we strongly believe that anyone vulnerable will have received their vaccine if they choose.

I'm honestly not trying to be combative, but what information do you have about this that no one else does? We are still vaccinating the 65 and over group. Once you receive your first dose, there's a 4 week wait for the second one, then around 14 days after that for effectiveness...so about a 6 week wail from your first dose. There's no way that a relevant number of people will be vaccinated by the time of this show. The vaccine prevents symptoms, not passing the virus to someone else if you contract it.

Although people "know how to wear a mask responsibly", it's not possible to wear one while drinking beer. Is everyone going to be kept 6 feet apart while drinking? Once people are drunk are they still going to be "responsibly" wearing a mask?

Without bringing politics into it also, the illusion of safety your post gives is pretty irresponsible.

I hope everyone that chooses to attend stays healthy, but I don't see how that's possible given the circumstances. It will be an interesting experiment I guess, hope it works out.

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Then don't go. The world has to start moving again and it is beyond time to get back to living and entertainment. Your state must be way behind. Everyone i know in 65 and older have already got vaccinated. Everyone in the medical field i know has gotten it and my kids in the military have all been 100% vaccinated.

Not planning to, but we are way behind. My 67 year old mother finally managed to get an appointment this week. My wife works in the UH system here and they have many people not yet vaccinated. I'm not sure if you're implying that the show will mainly be attended by the 65 and older group and medical professionals, but I don't see why that would be the case.

Like you said, I'm not going to I don't have a dog in the fight, people are going to do what they want, clearly. I do hope the show survives and I can attend in 2022, I'd love to go. My issue with these posts is that the misinformation being spread isn't accurate. Most people in attendance will not be vaccinated (and could still transmit the virus to others) and diligent mask wearing at an event centered around drinking isn't possible or likely.

The world is moving again and there isn't much left (if anything) in Ohio that isn't already open, so if you're not "back to living" the way you want I think your aggression toward me is misplaced, I'm not in control of your behavior.

I see the consequences of stuff like this everyday when my wife gets home from work dealing with covid patients and potential exposures. If people want to have a pinball show (or do anything), have at it, but representing it as safe just isn't accurate. You can certainly accept the risk, but call it what it is.

Like I said, hopefully it goes well and I look forward to attending in the future when we start to get this mess behind us all.

#334 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

Your statement isnt accurate. I run one of the largest soft tip dart leagues in the state (Ohio) for a large operator in Columbus. Over 350-400 players in central Ohio and Northern Ohio area (Fremont/Clyde). Our leagues restarted back in the beginning of last summer. Our rules and the bars rules are....If you are playing.... you are wearing a mask. And yes.... the players are wearing them. And yes..... they are drinking all night while playing. And I promise you... Dart players drink a hell of a lot MORE than pinball players.
    With proper distancing, and cleaning of the facility and machines.... this event can go off without a hitch. But in order to do that EVERYONE needs to follow along and do their part.
    I will be there and am counting the days until it gets here.

While I appreciate your adherence to masks, I'll take my wife's daily medical experience and first hand knowledge of the consequences of events like this. Enjoy the show and hope you stay safe.

1 month later
    #522 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

DaveH, i'm with ya brother. and i am sorry about your sister.
    just from a financial point of view i don't think having a show now is a good idea. it just seems risky when a large percentage of your customer base won't attend. but whatever. i didn't really want to get into the health aspect of it, but you did fully cover the details very well. i commend you for that. personally i would never have a show right now. what if one of your patrons or staff got sick? how would that make you feel?? it seems incredibly irresponsible.
    Originally the Ann Arbor/VFW show would be first weekend in May. We have moved it later (though the exact date is unknown at this point, but probably first weekend in October.) This gives everyone the opportunity to get vaccinated. Also we will be doing something else... we will *require* proof of vaccination to attend our show. Not vaccinated (or can't prove it), don't buy a ticket, because you will *not* get in. I'm not putting our staff at risk, and i'm not putting other patrons at risk, because you could not pull off a vaccination.
    Also we are at 100% vaccinated with our VFW staff. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT as of *RIGHT NOW* (at least one shot.) Those that refused, or that didn't have a plan for a vaccination (at work, etc.), were shown the door, and can not come back into the group. We set up all the people in our VFW group with vaccination appointments (that could not get it on their own.) We even got some of their wives and mothers appointments.
    I don't think anyone should take this virus lightly.

Is there anything on the PinBrew site, FB, or here about what the actual safety protocols at the show are going to be? Masks required (will this actually be enforced)?, distance between games? sanitizer available? There is lots of discussion about things for sale, food, and beer, but none of the actual concerns people have seem to be addressed. I see alot of talk about "following CDC guidance", but all the guidance goes in direct contrast to the show occurring at all, especially with indoor food and beer. What safety measures are going to be in place and how will they be enforced?

#526 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

PinBrew is following guidelines. Machines distanced. Sanitizer supplied .Signs everywhere. Masks required and available. Social distance seating in Beer Garden. Staff wiping down machines with Pinball friendly disinfectant. Commemorative pint glasses canceled. Disposable pint glasses supplied. Security on premise. Common sense and courtesy also applies.

Thanks, genuinely appreciate this. In all seriousness it might be worth highlighting this stuff on your page, etc. for people like myself who are on the fence about shows this early. I'm probably overly vocal (and annoying), but I assume I'm not the only one wondering what the climate at the show will be like.

#565 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

If anyone is interested in this Magic Mystery Horoscope machine, I can bring it to the show on Friday. It is complete, and obviously has quite a bit of flaking on some spots of the back glass. I'm not asking any money for it, just don't want to bring it if no one wants it.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I'm curious...what does this do ha?

2 weeks later
    #666 3 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

grantopia
    I am pretty sure I SAW YOU at the Pinbrew show. So what changed for you?

You may have! Although I don't know what you look like so i didn't see you! The short version is I unexpectedly was able to get my vaccine a while ago and was over two weeks out from my second shot by the show so I feel good about getting back to things again.

#668 3 years ago
    Quoted from Buckaroo:

All the talk from grantopia in this thread had me thinking about the timing and saftey of the first show. Grantopia brought up a lot of good points for the show being too early in this pandemic. Then after all the negative talk Grantopia shows up at the show. This makes everything they wrote not worth the time to write or read. Say one thing. Tell others all the reasons not to go to this show. I am sure taking away customers from Pinbrew that were on the fence about going and then going to the show. WOW

Well if you want to read into it that way, I'm not sure what to tell you. Had I not been fully vaccinated and over two weeks out from my second one, I would not have gone. I did some volunteer work at East Technical High as part of the CMSD vaccination program and was able to receive my first shot in February and my second in March. My wife works in healthcare and has been vaccinated since the end of 2020, so those were two factors in my decision.

As far as "taking customers away", anyone that wasn't fully vaccinated and attending the show was taking a risk (that I wouldn't take), and I would still not have recommended they attend. Clearly that didn't resonate much with the people in this thread anyway.

I'm not going to spend pages nit picking the show because I don't need to start a whole argument about it, but overall it was pretty well run, but was disappointed in the lack of adherence to masks and social distancing by many of the vendors and breweries. I expected that is what would happen anyway though, hence my reasons for not attending in the first place if I wasn't vaccinated. The show attendees seemed to be pretty respectful of the guidelines, but of course relaxed as the night went on.

Had I not been vaccinated I would not have felt comfortable there, but clearly I'm the outlier here anyways and still think ANY event like this, not just pinball, is not a good idea until the vaccination rate is much higher for the health and well being of the public.

#670 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

The thing that’s shitty about it is you preached about how it’s a terrible idea
    Had no problem posting your opinions about the timing and laying down this undertone of guilt for anyone planning on going using your wife’s work as justification and defending your stance anytime someone disagreed
    Then you went to the show.....but had a change in heart about what you felt was worthy of posting in the same thread and kept it silent on the thread until someone said they saw you.
    [quoted image]

I'm not sure what's unclear or you think has changed. I don't know how may ways I can say I personally don't think having a show was a good idea. Also don't know why you (who doesn't know me) think I owe you (who I don't know) updates on my life because someone (who I also don't know) saw me at the show. If my stance is unclear feel free to reread what I wrote but my feelings on the safety of this haven't changed.

#672 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Don’t try to take the easy route and turn this into a me vs you thing and try telling me what I’m thinking or expecting to be owed
    You’re the one giving out unsolicited updates on your opinions of safety, family’s exposure and line of work, and volunteer work and shot schedule for us to respond to
    I’m glad you went to the show (from an attendance equals success point of view), I was unknowingly in the same room as you playing the same pins man. The show needed people to be successful, but to Buckaroo’s point it was extremely hypocritical and there’s an element of fragility on the success of the show based on people going that you pretty much led the way on describing why to NOT GO
    Then showed up. I’m just trying to follow along.

I mean, you are posting about me, so I'm not turning anything into me and you, you did that. I don't have all day to argue so I'll try to summarize: large public gatherings = bad idea. Being vaccinated = greatly minimized risk. Attending a large public event of any kind unvaccinated = bad idea.

If you want to discuss more pm me and we can chat when I have time.

#676 3 years ago
    Quoted from Geddy2112:gRaNt0Pia what a hypocrite you are. YOu did nothing but rag on the show told people it was a bad idea for the show to be held and then you go to it what a joke.. I guess my family cheated death then I went there with my daughter and wife spent two days there had a great time and we are unvaccinated had on masks it's proven lockdowns don't work look at Florida and then look at New York you must be a discipline of slouchy fauci.

Yeah see, you're the exact type of covid denier/conspiracy theorist I was worried about attending if I wasn't fully vaccinated. I appreciate you trying to prove my point for me.

#683 3 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

What exactly about the pandemic/sars-cov-2 did he deny? What conspiracy theory did he spout?
    On topic: that article was great! painted a great picture and makes me sad it isn't going on again this weekend... though the weather was much better.

Off topic: I can't tell if this is a serious question. The sarcastic "cheating death" comment, which I'm sure is hilarious to all the people that know someone that has died? The "lockdowns don't work" comment when the US has never actually locked down, and the countries that have are back living a normal life? The "fauci discipline" comment, which grammatical concerns aside, implies that the nations (and likely worlds expert) on this and many other diseases is not to be trusted? Aside from those, nothing, I guess.

On topic: very much looking forward to the next show and not having to worry or argue about any of this shit and just play some games and have a drama free beer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-in-ohio-pinbrew-spring-2020?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.