(Topic ID: 243481)

OHIO'S NEW SHOW “PINBREW” April 8-10 2021, ITS ON!!!!

By Skypilot

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 711 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7966 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0441 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0442 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0433 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0436 (resized).JPG
    972FFAB2-554C-4764-B0DF-7B35993F4B8A (resized).jpeg
    B0987148-3B8A-4939-B82E-8F1183E0EA04 (resized).jpeg
    881D2C4D-9F4B-47CE-86B6-E2FB5D7D2A85 (resized).jpeg
    C541BFFE-E637-4F86-8751-32C9D18F7677 (resized).jpeg
    5C1949A8-7786-4FE4-AFCE-6B33205136F4 (resized).jpeg
    85459828-7421-4437-9E61-81FF23FD844E (resized).jpeg
    5FD78D88-9B22-4360-ACCE-948C8D981A55 (resized).jpeg
    7F14C696-5C78-4C6C-BDA4-3B673622F4DF (resized).jpeg
    9765F622-E698-48F7-BDE2-1FD7F903EC8E.gif
    IMG_3286 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8862 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#311 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I’m not going to get into a debate on you. Stay home.you have expressed your opinion.much appreciated.move on

I'll express mine as well. Then I can get downvoted and I'll shut up.

It's dumb to hold a pinball show during a pandemic. The risks far outweigh the good.

I realize that will be an unpopular opinion here. And I know that if someone dies from it, there are 1000 built in excuses (he showed up with it, he caught it on the way, he didn't get vaccinated, we didn't know it could happen, it happened elsewhere, it was at the hotel, it was at the restaurant, blah blah blah). Personally I will wait to go to pinball stuff until this is actually over. My friends and I talk about long road trips to every arcade and pinball event we can get to as soon as this is over. But that won't be in April. And now I will shut up and as you asked, move on with my opinion. No debate needed.

1 month later
    #488 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

It's dumb to hold a pinball show during a pandemic. The risks far outweigh the good.

Hi Show Attenders. My sister died a couple days ago. I think it might be against the rules of Pinside for me to say the cause of her death here. So if you would like to know what happened, I wrote about it in "The official Coronavirus containment thread".

I stopped by here to say that, because I have grave concerns about gatherings right now. I'll also say that I'm totally fine when you snap to downvote this. I also just learned that I will not be able to report this post to the moderators myself, so absolutely feel free to do that for me. I understand I'm breaking the rules just by coming in here and saying it. I'm totally fine with the thread eject it will earn me, and probably a little forced vacation from Pinside.

And to the unlucky moderator who gets the report for this post, sorry. But you should moderate me and thread eject me so everyone knows it's not ok to knowingly break the rules. I'll console myself knowing that if one person stays safer by lowering their risks, it's worth it.

#511 2 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Since the announcement of this show Dave is all over the COVID thing.

Actually, I have specifically NOT been all over this COVID thing since the show was announced. I posted exactly once in this thread, saying I thought it was a dumb idea to gather at a pinball event. And although I have had plenty of opportunity to comment more, I did not. It is absolutely your right to go out and gather with other pinballers and play at a show. Go out to eat, have a grand old time. I still believe it is absolutely stupid, but sure, have at it.

The reason I wrote after my sister died of COVID is because we don't know where she got it. She had a foot injury that unfortunately required surgery, and she started showing symptoms a few days later at home. So somewhere in her travels, be it the ambulance, the hospital, the ride home, or one of her friends helping her at home after, she caught COVID and DIED. It chewed her up and spat her out. And the thing that pisses me off is that people don't seem to understand how easily it spreads. You can be around someone that looks perfectly healthy who is shedding the virus. THAT is the screwed up thing about this, someone can look perfectly healthy, and you breathing in the air around them can give it to you. It is a virus, and unsurprisingly, that is how viruses work.

And I guess you're right, right now I am "all over this COVID thing" now. As Boob said (and yes, Randy knows me), nobody wants to go to shows more than I do right now. I can't wait for my league to start again. I can't wait to go to friends houses and drink, pizza, and pinball all night long. And if you're vaccinated, you're darn right you should go. It's a long trip, but if I was vaccinated, I'd even think about making the journey, because pinball and beer are the best. But if you're not vaccinated, it's dumb. And if you have a family, it's even dumber.

And that comes down to my entire point being, the risks are all known. There is no mystery here. We all understand how COVID spreads. It's your choice how you deal with those risks. And fortunately, the odds are in your favor. Most people that catch it seem to have a mild flu. But some subset of that wind up in the hospital. And a subset of that end up on a ventilator. And a subset of those.... die. You know that, and now that two people very close to me have died of COVID, I know that, very clearly.

Sorry to be so preachy, but telling me I've been all over this COVID thing since the show was announced kind of irritates me. I don't want anyone else to catch this. If I met you at a show I'd probably buy you a beer and kick your ass at whatever game you chose at the show, or get mine kicked and laugh about the fun we had. But this is deadly serious stuff, and I know that firsthand. I also know that my opinion and thoughts won't change a thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-in-ohio-pinbrew-spring-2020?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.