(Topic ID: 243481)

OHIO'S NEW SHOW “PINBREW” April 8-10 2021, ITS ON!!!!

By Skypilot

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 87 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Asmig
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 105 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

New-1 (resized).png
    ruben (resized).jpg
    poke (resized).jpg
    food (resized).jpg
    amf (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210130_155711912 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210130_155717743 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210302-123220 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210302-123215 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210302-123057 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210302-123031 (resized).png
    IMG_20210227_164804948 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210227_164817021 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210227_170758680 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210227_170809700 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20210227_171018937 (resized).jpg

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 15 days ago

Bad weekend for me and the wife or we would have been there. Good luck I hope it’s a huge success!

#302 15 days ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Bad weekend for me and the wife or we would have been there. Good luck I hope it’s a huge success!

No worries we will be doing this show for years to come.

#303 15 days ago

Cant wait for the show and looking forward to it!

#304 15 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

we strongly believe that anyone vulnerable will have received their vaccine if they choose.

I'm honestly not trying to be combative, but what information do you have about this that no one else does? We are still vaccinating the 65 and over group. Once you receive your first dose, there's a 4 week wait for the second one, then around 14 days after that for effectiveness...so about a 6 week wail from your first dose. There's no way that a relevant number of people will be vaccinated by the time of this show. The vaccine prevents symptoms, not passing the virus to someone else if you contract it.

Although people "know how to wear a mask responsibly", it's not possible to wear one while drinking beer. Is everyone going to be kept 6 feet apart while drinking? Once people are drunk are they still going to be "responsibly" wearing a mask?

Without bringing politics into it also, the illusion of safety your post gives is pretty irresponsible.

I hope everyone that chooses to attend stays healthy, but I don't see how that's possible given the circumstances. It will be an interesting experiment I guess, hope it works out.

#305 15 days ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I'm honestly not trying to be combative,

Then don’t! You don’t agree with our show or our opinion than don’t come .I’m not going to get into a debate on you. Stay home.you have expressed your opinion.much appreciated.move on.We will do all that is expected of us as show promoters. We will follow all the CDC guidelines.
    Oh BTW
    https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/dashboards/covid-19-vaccine/covid-19-vaccination-dashboard
    Again, If you are not comfortable we do not want you to come.

#306 15 days ago

Smokeworx has signed on again. I’m not gonna tell you how amazing the brisket is. You’re just going to need to experience it personally.

#307 15 days ago

Got both my shots! Looking forward to the show.

#308 15 days ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Got both my shots! Looking forward to the show.

Awesome,getting my second tomorrow. See you at the show

#309 14 days ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I'm honestly not trying to be combative, but what information do you have about this that no one else does? We are still vaccinating the 65 and over group. Once you receive your first dose, there's a 4 week wait for the second one, then around 14 days after that for effectiveness...so about a 6 week wail from your first dose. There's no way that a relevant number of people will be vaccinated by the time of this show. The vaccine prevents symptoms, not passing the virus to someone else if you contract it.
    Although people "know how to wear a mask responsibly", it's not possible to wear one while drinking beer. Is everyone going to be kept 6 feet apart while drinking? Once people are drunk are they still going to be "responsibly" wearing a mask?
    Without bringing politics into it also, the illusion of safety your post gives is pretty irresponsible.
    I hope everyone that chooses to attend stays healthy, but I don't see how that's possible given the circumstances. It will be an interesting experiment I guess, hope it works out.

Then don't go. The world has to start moving again and it is beyond time to get back to living and entertainment. Your state must be way behind. Everyone i know in 65 and older have already got vaccinated. Everyone in the medical field i know has gotten it and my kids in the military have all been 100% vaccinated.

#310 14 days ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Then don't go. The world has to start moving again and it is beyond time to get back to living and entertainment. Your state must be way behind. Everyone i know in 65 and older have already got vaccinated. Everyone in the medical field i know has gotten it and my kids in the military have all been 100% vaccinated.

Not planning to, but we are way behind. My 67 year old mother finally managed to get an appointment this week. My wife works in the UH system here and they have many people not yet vaccinated. I'm not sure if you're implying that the show will mainly be attended by the 65 and older group and medical professionals, but I don't see why that would be the case.

Like you said, I'm not going to I don't have a dog in the fight, people are going to do what they want, clearly. I do hope the show survives and I can attend in 2022, I'd love to go. My issue with these posts is that the misinformation being spread isn't accurate. Most people in attendance will not be vaccinated (and could still transmit the virus to others) and diligent mask wearing at an event centered around drinking isn't possible or likely.

The world is moving again and there isn't much left (if anything) in Ohio that isn't already open, so if you're not "back to living" the way you want I think your aggression toward me is misplaced, I'm not in control of your behavior.

I see the consequences of stuff like this everyday when my wife gets home from work dealing with covid patients and potential exposures. If people want to have a pinball show (or do anything), have at it, but representing it as safe just isn't accurate. You can certainly accept the risk, but call it what it is.

Like I said, hopefully it goes well and I look forward to attending in the future when we start to get this mess behind us all.

#311 14 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I’m not going to get into a debate on you. Stay home.you have expressed your opinion.much appreciated.move on

I'll express mine as well. Then I can get downvoted and I'll shut up.

It's dumb to hold a pinball show during a pandemic. The risks far outweigh the good.

I realize that will be an unpopular opinion here. And I know that if someone dies from it, there are 1000 built in excuses (he showed up with it, he caught it on the way, he didn't get vaccinated, we didn't know it could happen, it happened elsewhere, it was at the hotel, it was at the restaurant, blah blah blah). Personally I will wait to go to pinball stuff until this is actually over. My friends and I talk about long road trips to every arcade and pinball event we can get to as soon as this is over. But that won't be in April. And now I will shut up and as you asked, move on with my opinion. No debate needed.

#312 14 days ago

Edit: Nevermind as I forgot there is another thread basically covering my questions. Good luck with the show and I hope to be able to attend.

#313 13 days ago

Stopped in to visit one of our breweries today to discuss what beers they’ll be bringing to the show.

3E60C101-F6BE-4AAF-8535-2025AC3F1D1C (resized).jpeg86F8BDD1-B89F-48BD-B7B3-B24DAFBEC76F (resized).jpeg
    #314 12 days ago

Another day another amazing brewery. Birdfish Beer Companies selection for the show is my favorite, Scripted and Night at the Roxberries.

0074D5CE-11CF-4B75-A0C3-F861E6EA9F8A (resized).jpeg
    #315 12 days ago

Any interest in playfield glass?

#316 12 days ago

I'm going to the show and I urge other pinsiders to go. Especially those in ohio and pennsylvania.. If we want these shows to succeed and to get back to normal we gotta get folks at these shows.

#317 12 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I need a slugfest glass

#318 12 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I need F2K and Big Game glass

#319 12 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need F2K and Big Game glass

Is that standard glass? There’s standard, wide , extra wide( stellar wars) And safecracker. There might be a few others but those are the basics

#320 12 days ago

No. It’s a bit different than wide body.

#321 12 days ago

What's the price on the glass

#322 11 days ago
    Quoted from dhard:

What's the price on the glass

We are still pricing it but it looks to be around $30per

#323 11 days ago

Will people be bring games to sell? If so, will there be a spreadsheet or anything that lists the for sale games?

#324 11 days ago

There will be games for sale at the show also if you get on the website go to pinball machines. If there is a tag next to the game then it is for sale .But a lot of the vendors bring games for sale that will not be on the pinball page.

#325 11 days ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

There will be games for sale at the show also if you get on the website go to pinball machines. If there is a tag next to the game then it is for sale .But a lot of the vendors bring games for sale that will not be on the pinball page.

Awesome. Thank you!

#326 11 days ago

I wish you guys the best of luck. It’s been a tough year for pinball shows. Someone has got to go first!

#327 11 days ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

The vaccine prevents symptoms, not passing the virus to someone else if you contract it.

I’m on your side and agree with you about the show, but right now there isn’t enough evidence to conclude this and there is actually new emerging evidence that inoculation helps reduce spread.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/looming-question-fauci-says-studies-suggest-vaccines-slow-virus-spread-n1258142

#328 10 days ago

Looking forward to this show. I know everyone involved will make sure this thing goes great. Birdfish Brewery is fantastic. Can’t wait to try out some machines and new brews.

#329 10 days ago

We need to speed up the vaccines !! Yes this is selfish I realize that

Anyways I hope everyone is staying healthy.

Be nice to attend more shows I miss them

#330 10 days ago

I understand that people miss getting together but staying safe is the number one priority. I’ll be immune next Thursday so I’ll be good to go then. I feel bad for the people that have to wait forever in line just to get a vaccine.

#331 10 days ago

I was fortunate to get the vaccine early on but would still be hesitant going to a show right now. I feel being a med professional means educating and leading with example. I wear a mask every day/all day and recommend all do the same. I’ve lost several patients to covid and can’t imagine how awful it would be if contact tracing led back to a pinball show. There’s another show in Ohio where the promoter hasn’t been able to get insurance coverage due to covid. Keith, I’m not bashing but I’m curios what your wife’s thoughts are on you proceeding with the show. I’ve seen her video of the extra precautions she’s taken at work and would love to see similar precautions implemented at the show too. My intent is that I just want a safe and fun show.

#332 9 days ago

If you’re looking for more vendors, I’d be interested in getting a booth!

#333 9 days ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

My issue with these posts is that the misinformation being spread isn't accurate. Most people in attendance will not be vaccinated (and could still transmit the virus to others) and diligent mask wearing at an event centered around drinking isn't possible or likely.

Your statement isnt accurate. I run one of the largest soft tip dart leagues in the state (Ohio) for a large operator in Columbus. Over 350-400 players in central Ohio and Northern Ohio area (Fremont/Clyde). Our leagues restarted back in the beginning of last summer. Our rules and the bars rules are....If you are playing.... you are wearing a mask. And yes.... the players are wearing them. And yes..... they are drinking all night while playing. And I promise you... Dart players drink a hell of a lot MORE than pinball players.

With proper distancing, and cleaning of the facility and machines.... this event can go off without a hitch. But in order to do that EVERYONE needs to follow along and do their part.

I will be there and am counting the days until it gets here.

#334 9 days ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

Your statement isnt accurate. I run one of the largest soft tip dart leagues in the state (Ohio) for a large operator in Columbus. Over 350-400 players in central Ohio and Northern Ohio area (Fremont/Clyde). Our leagues restarted back in the beginning of last summer. Our rules and the bars rules are....If you are playing.... you are wearing a mask. And yes.... the players are wearing them. And yes..... they are drinking all night while playing. And I promise you... Dart players drink a hell of a lot MORE than pinball players.
    With proper distancing, and cleaning of the facility and machines.... this event can go off without a hitch. But in order to do that EVERYONE needs to follow along and do their part.
    I will be there and am counting the days until it gets here.

While I appreciate your adherence to masks, I'll take my wife's daily medical experience and first hand knowledge of the consequences of events like this. Enjoy the show and hope you stay safe.

#335 8 days ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

And yes.... the players are wearing them. And yes..... they are drinking all night while playing.

#336 7 days ago

It's official! We just signed up to be a vendor at this year's PinBrew Fest 2021!

Anyone who would like to PM us, email us or comment below and preorder one of our t-shirt designs, MODs, price plates, or anything else that we have to offer -- we will be sure to have it completed and bring your order to the show so you can enjoy a FREE pickup option. We will be there all 3 days.

Also, anyone planning on spending over $100 and would like to prepay (via PayPal invoice), you'll not only get FREE pickup at the show but we'll give you a 20% off instant discount on your entire order!

Check out the items that we have to offer at: www.ULEKstore.com

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone at the show.

-David and Leeann

#337 7 days ago
    Quoted from ULEKstore:

It's official! We just signed up to be a vendor at this year's PinBrew Fest 2021!
    Anyone who would like to PM us, email us or comment below and preorder one of our t-shirt designs, MODs, price plates, or anything else that we have to offer -- we will be sure to have it completed and bring your order to the show so you can enjoy a FREE pickup option. We will be there all 3 days.
    Also, anyone planning on spending over $100 and would like to prepay (via PayPal invoice), you'll not only get FREE pickup at the show but we'll give you a 20% off instant discount on your entire order!
    Check out the items that we have to offer at: www.ULEKstore.com
    Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone at the show.
    -David and Leeann

Looking forward to seeing you there!

#338 7 days ago

elaborate....?

#339 6 days ago

I just spent the afternoon walking the 30000sq ft at the Expo center. Our event coordinator has been putting on shows since November and has some wonderful ideas on how to have a successful show safely. Marvin and I cant wait!

#340 5 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:I just spent the afternoon walking the 30000sq ft at the Expo center. Our event coordinator has been putting on shows since November and has some wonderful ideas on how to have a successful show safely. Marvin and I cant wait!

Easy question for ya.... will there be dolly's on site to use to move games in? Or would we need to bring our own? Just trying to figure out which vehicle I need to drive lol.

#341 5 days ago

I will have my dolly there that you can use and I will have a cart there also.

#342 5 days ago

Just got my first Pfizer shot yesterday, next one up in 3 weeks. Perfect timing to attend the show and not be overly worried. Of course, will follow the safety guidelines for everyone's sake.

#343 5 days ago

Just added to the show for Saturday.

amcu (resized).jpgarmsandwich (resized).jpgarmtruck (resized).jpgpepper (resized).jpg
    #344 5 days ago

oh my god

i want whatever those red things are

#345 4 days ago

Wow ,Check out the list of games already registered We are still 6 weeks away!

https://www.pinbrewfest.com/Games/Index

#346 4 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Wow ,Check out the list of games already registered We are still 6 weeks away!
    https://www.pinbrewfest.com/Games/Index

Are we supposed to get an email confirmation or instructions on passes when we register a game?

#347 4 days ago

Gotta fix that code....

Screenshot_20210226-160619 (resized).jpg
    #348 4 days ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

Are we supposed to get an email confirmation or instructions on passes when we register a game?

I will reach out to everyone in the coming week that is already submitted. Busy this week finishing up with the beer vendors and lining up the food trucks.

Quoted from P1nhead:

Gotta fix that code....[quoted image]

Thanks, Ill get the wizard on it.

#349 4 days ago

Just added some of my machines that I'll be bringing, would you guys rather have RFM or SWEP1?

#350 3 days ago

RFM because I would like to buy SWEP1 from you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 70.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 109.99
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 289.00
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside