(Topic ID: 243481)

OHIO'S NEW SHOW “PINBREW” April 8-10 2021, ITS ON!!!!

By Skypilot

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 711 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7966 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0441 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0442 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0433 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0436 (resized).JPG
    972FFAB2-554C-4764-B0DF-7B35993F4B8A (resized).jpeg
    B0987148-3B8A-4939-B82E-8F1183E0EA04 (resized).jpeg
    881D2C4D-9F4B-47CE-86B6-E2FB5D7D2A85 (resized).jpeg
    C541BFFE-E637-4F86-8751-32C9D18F7677 (resized).jpeg
    5C1949A8-7786-4FE4-AFCE-6B33205136F4 (resized).jpeg
    85459828-7421-4437-9E61-81FF23FD844E (resized).jpeg
    5FD78D88-9B22-4360-ACCE-948C8D981A55 (resized).jpeg
    7F14C696-5C78-4C6C-BDA4-3B673622F4DF (resized).jpeg
    9765F622-E698-48F7-BDE2-1FD7F903EC8E.gif
    IMG_3286 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8862 (resized).jpg
    There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
    #251 3 years ago
    Quoted from JeffJr:

Are things still looking like this will happen?
    Really looking forward to it!

We will have a decision on July 1st

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

We will have a decision on July 1st

Fingers crossed.

#253 3 years ago

Fingers, pierogies, diet cokes, and hand chairs crossed!

1 week later
    #254 3 years ago

With much frustration Marvin and I have decided to call the pinball on 2020.The obstacles facing all of us with Covid -19 are to much to successfully launch the areas newest show. We have worked very hard to make this show great but feel we need to do a reboot. See you next year hopefully without worry.

reboot (resized).jpgreboot (resized).jpg
    #255 3 years ago

I’m sure that was really tough to do, but I think you guys did the right thing. Hopefully I can make it in 2021!

#256 3 years ago

Totally correct move. Looking forward to it in 2021!

#257 3 years ago

Bummed to hear the show is cancelled, but I appreciate your concern for the pinball community. Thank you for all of your hard work. Im sure it's frustrating to put in all that effort, only to have to pull the plug.

#258 3 years ago

I don't know what I will be bringing next year, but I'll be there!

#259 3 years ago

Sorry for this Keith. Looking forward to 2021 and providing something cool to what you guys are doing. Thanks again for the heads up and next year will be here in a blink.

#260 3 years ago

here we go again. I announced months ago date for ohio show will be april 8 9 10 2021.. and now Pinbrew is using same date...

#261 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

here we go again. I announced months ago date for ohio show will be april 8 9 10 2021.. and now Pinbrew is using same date...

If this is true, why the same
    Dates?

Wth

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

If this is true, why the same
    Dates?

It is my understanding that the Pinbrew organizers had the 2021 show dates booked well over a year ago with the venue management. In fact they have the 2022 date as well.

#263 3 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

It is my understanding that the Pinbrew organizers had the 2021 show dates booked well over a year ago with the venue management. In fact they have the 2022 date as well.

You are correct. April 7-9 2022 FYI

#264 3 years ago

Very sorry to hear this, Keith. But yes, likely the right thing to do with the continued uncertainty of how this is going a solid 4 months later.

Your passion and dedication to this is fantastic, I look forward to tipping one back with you next April.

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

no one cares (resized).jpgno one cares (resized).jpg
    #266 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

You are correct. April 7-9 2022 FYI

Thank you for also announcing the 2022 date!

#267 3 years ago

Sounds good is the normal Cuyahoga falls one still going in 2021? Or what's left of it

3 weeks later
    #268 3 years ago

I will book the Hampton Inn when the prices are announced in 2021. Hope to bring a game or two.

4 months later
    #269 3 years ago

Thinking about bringing 3 games.

The (yours) restored Bally Atlantis. Stern Stargazer, and Gottlieb Force II. Hoping it will be safe in April of 2021.

#270 3 years ago

The (yours) restored Bally Atlantis. Stern Stargazer, and Gottlieb Force II.

If you slap a "For Sale" sign on that Stargazer, you'd better stand back, there's going to be a riot.

#271 3 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

If you slap a "For Sale" sign on that Stargazer

Never going to happen.

1 month later
    #272 3 years ago

Any updates on this one due to covid?

Hoping this thing goes on. Cool idea.

#273 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Any updates on this one due to covid?
    Hoping this thing goes on. Cool idea.

Gotta assume it will be moved or canceled with the rate at our vaccine roll out is going? Bunch of people shoulder to shoulder in a poorly ventilated area drinking...

#274 3 years ago

Marvin and I will make a determination in the beginning of February.

#275 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Marvin and I will make a determination in the beginning of February.

Fingers crossed. Been looking forward to attending for a while. Was hoping to bring a game or 2 as well.

But I totally understand the pressure. I run soft tip dart leagues through out Ohio. And we run 3-4 major tournaments during the year (200-500 players) and we have been having a hell of a time with ours .

1 week later
    #276 3 years ago

So................

its on (resized).pngits on (resized).png
    #277 3 years ago

Fantastic!

#279 3 years ago

Stern Split Second and Bally Atlantis (SS)

#280 3 years ago

Stern Split Second and Bally Atlantis (SS)

Register them

#281 3 years ago

Great news!! I knew it was a good idea to hold onto that hotel reservation I made months ago .

Now just have to borrow truck from someone so I can bring a game or 2.

#282 3 years ago

Maybe I'll hold off on trying to buy a GB premium and MMr until the festival. Anyone looking to sell either title that is coming into town?

2 weeks later
    #283 3 years ago

Only two months away from Pinbrew. If you are bringing a game please register it on the website.

#284 3 years ago

Is this going to be the first post-COVID public pinball show? Good luck to everyone involved, hope it goes off without a hitch. I was at the final pre-COVID show (LAX 2020), might try to get up to this one to bookend the other side of the pandemic... y'all are twice the distance though

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Is this going to be the first post-COVID public pinball show? Good luck to everyone involved, hope it goes off without a hitch. I was at the final pre-COVID show (LAX 2020), might try to get up to this one to bookend the other side of the pandemic... y'all are twice the distance though

Post-Covid? Uh...not sure how to tell you this but...

#286 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Call it "Post Covid crisis". And if you don't believe that, just don't attend.

#287 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Call it "Post Covid crisis". And if you don't believe that, just don't attend.

Not planning to, but to imply we (especially this train wreck of a state) are anywhere near "post-covid" is insane. Regardless what you choose not to believe or ignore, we are very much "in covid" still.

#288 3 years ago

Count me in!
    nope.jpgnope.jpg
    ...for 2022.

#289 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Not planning to, but to imply we (especially this train wreck of a state) are anywhere near "post-covid" is insane. Regardless what you choose not to believe or ignore, we are very much "in covid" still.

Thank goodness Ohio opened their bars & restaurants sooner than Michigan (first closure) allowing my wife and I to go to Toledo area restaurants dozens of times. As well as our November 15th closure that was recently lifted.

#290 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Thank goodness Ohio opened their bars & restaurants sooner than Michigan (first closure) allowing my wife and I to go to Toledo area restaurants dozens of times. As well as our November 15th closure that was recently lifted.

I'm not sure this proves your point the way you think it does. I gave up arguing with the BUT MUH FREEDOM people months ago. My wife works in healthcare in the UH system and has been dealing with the consequences of shit like this for a year. You are clearly free to do whatever you want, but it doesn't change the status of the pandemic to non-existent.

#291 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

You are clearly free to do whatever you want, but it doesn't change the status of the pandemic to non-existent.

Agreed, I did not say non-existent. It appears that leadership in some states believe that the crisis is past the peak since openings of businesses and restricted events are happening or scheduled to happen in the near future.

#292 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

He was clearly talking about it in relationship to pinball shows, last one that was held and now (apparently) the first one to be held after everything got cancelled due to the pandemic. This is a pinball forum after-all.

#293 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Agreed, I did not say non-existent. It appears that leadership in some states believe that the crisis is past the peak since openings of businesses and restricted events are happening or scheduled to happen in the near future.

Well that is different then when you said "post covid crisis". We may be past the peak for now, but a large part of it is due to winter and people staying home more than they were and a lack of these large public events. I'm not telling anyone to go or not go, but pinball shows are gross under the best of conditions. A pinball show based on people gathering to all touch the same stuff in the same space while drinking in the same space with masks off is certainly not going to help things.

People are clearly willing to accept the risk and I can only control my own behavior, but we are not "post" covid anything. We may be past the peak for the state (for now), but it doesn't imply safety at events like this. I'm honestly not trying to derail this and hope the show can go on in a safe way for those that feel the need to attend, so I'll stop clogging up the thread ha.

#294 3 years ago

i'm not sure why anyone would want to pay to rent space for a potential failure. we did the VFW mini shows last fall at the end of September before all the crap *really* hit. Capped the mini shows at 50 people, had a two hour break after 4 hours of show to clean games... and *still* only 20% of the people that signed up came. If we had to pay rent for the space to do that, move countless machines, and do all the logistics work etc, i would say that was not worth it. it was *barely* worth it for what we did, and we own the facility!

it seems *nuts* to try and have a show in April. it's like, "we're gonna do all this work, rent this space, move these games, for *how* many crazy people??" And to that point, the people the will attend will be the worst of crazy, those that don't take any of this seriously, don't wear masks, don't play by any of the rules, etc. I mean good luck, but you're nuts for doing this. Now if you could require people to be vaccinated, that may work. Otherwise, crazy...

It seems like a much better idea to wait to the fall, or even late summer. 60% to 70% of the population should be vaccinated by then. sure seems like a much better idea than to run a show in April. Especially with this new variant of covid that's more contagious.

it just seems like you're risking a lot of time and money. why not wait a bit so you can have a successful show? having it in April, unless the venue is free, is risking money (and life.) what if someone gets sick due to *your* show? what if someone dies? how will you feel then? i don't see this risk as a good idea. just wait, at least until the summer. you'll have a better outcome with far less chance of any issues.

#295 3 years ago
    Quoted from mjpinballs:

Only two months away from Pinbrew. If you are bringing a game please register it on the website.

If i can secure a truck for the weekend I was hoping to bring 1 MAYBE 2. Hope to find out soon.

#296 3 years ago

So I’m not gonna get into any of the politics of which state is doing what and how good or bad they are doing. My partner and I have discussed various options. We considered trying to move the show back a month or two but there are no other weeks available for the rest of 2021 at the Metroplex. They’ve been having events since November with success. We’ve been offered the entire 30,000 ft.² as opposed to the original 15,000 ft.² so we can still practice some social distancing and not keeping the machines tight together. We are not delusional, we realize there is still COVID-19, we also know the 12% of the state of Ohio has already received their first dose and by the time the show is here we strongly believe that anyone vulnerable will have received their vaccine if they choose. Marvin and I would not even consider having a show if this was not the case. We are also willing to take the financial risk because we worked very hard last year to get the show off the ground and had to cancel it twice, if we decided to cancel the show again I’ll be honest I would have no desire to try a 3rd year. someone has to go first and we’re OK being the first show. If anyone is uncomfortable ,we understand, stay home,we most certainly are not judging you. For the rest of you that are comfortable with wearing a mask and following guidelines come,enjoy the show. I was just texting a new Pinball friend and asked him how he felt about the show. His comment was “I know how to wear a mask responsibly can’t wait to come”.

By the way we have also reached out to almost every vendor that signed on for the original show and everyone of them is comfortable coming and setting up. That says a lot right there. I don’t think that would’ve been the case six months ago. But we’re better educated than we were then.

No matter what your opinions are or your views on the pandemic, Marvin and I wish you all good health. We will start adding updates in the coming weeks as to our charity that were using the vendors the food trucks etc.

#297 3 years ago

Just found this thread… only read last month or so of posts due to posting dates from previous pages… can anyone give a link or dates to help publicize this? I’d be in if the dates work for me.

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Just found this thread… only read last month or so of posts due to posting dates from previous pages… can anyone give a link or dates to help publicize this? I’d be in if the dates work for me.

www.pinbrewfest.com

#300 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

So I’m not gonna get into any of the politics of which state is doing what and how good or bad they are doing. My partner and I have discussed various options. We considered trying to move the show back a month or two but there are no other weeks available for the rest of 2021 at the Metroplex. They’ve been having events since November with success. We’ve been offered the entire 30,000 ft.² as opposed to the original 15,000 ft.² so we can still practice some social distancing and not keeping the machines tight together. We are not delusional, we realize there is still COVID-19, we also know the 12% of the state of Ohio has already received their first dose and by the time the show is here we strongly believe that anyone vulnerable will have received their vaccine if they choose. Marvin and I would not even consider having a show if this was not the case. We are also willing to take the financial risk because we worked very hard last year to get the show off the ground and had to cancel it twice, if we decided to cancel the show again I’ll be honest I would have no desire to try a 3rd year. someone has to go first and we’re OK being the first show. If anyone is uncomfortable ,we understand, stay home,we most certainly are not judging you. For the rest of you that are comfortable with wearing a mask and following guidelines come,enjoy the show. I was just texting a new Pinball friend and asked him how he felt about the show. His comment was “I know how to wear a mask responsibly can’t wait to come”.
    By the way we have also reached out to almost every vendor that signed on for the original show and everyone of them is comfortable coming and setting up. That says a lot right there. I don’t think that would’ve been the case six months ago. But we’re better educated than we were then.
    No matter what your opinions are or your views on the pandemic, Marvin and I wish you all good health. We will start adding updates in the coming weeks as to our charity that were using the vendors the food trucks etc.

Beautiful.

There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-in-ohio-pinbrew-spring-2020/page/6?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.