(Topic ID: 243481)

OHIO'S NEW SHOW “PINBREW” April 8-10 2021, ITS ON!!!!

By Skypilot

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 711 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7966 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0441 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0442 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0433 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0436 (resized).JPG
    972FFAB2-554C-4764-B0DF-7B35993F4B8A (resized).jpeg
    B0987148-3B8A-4939-B82E-8F1183E0EA04 (resized).jpeg
    881D2C4D-9F4B-47CE-86B6-E2FB5D7D2A85 (resized).jpeg
    C541BFFE-E637-4F86-8751-32C9D18F7677 (resized).jpeg
    5C1949A8-7786-4FE4-AFCE-6B33205136F4 (resized).jpeg
    85459828-7421-4437-9E61-81FF23FD844E (resized).jpeg
    5FD78D88-9B22-4360-ACCE-948C8D981A55 (resized).jpeg
    7F14C696-5C78-4C6C-BDA4-3B673622F4DF (resized).jpeg
    9765F622-E698-48F7-BDE2-1FD7F903EC8E.gif
    IMG_3286 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8862 (resized).jpg
    There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

*Notice*
    Due to the onset and increasing health concerns involving Covid -19 ( Coronavirus), along with the mandates recently placed on the state of Ohio by our Governor ,our PinBrew event has been rescheduled. The new dates are scheduled for Thursday August 20 to Saturday August 22, 2020. We wish to give the community a great show but understand the safety concerns to the public. We have worked tirelessly to give you a great event, and have planned to do so, at a time when health concerns will hopefully not be an issue. We will issue full refunds to any vendors and guest that have already purchased tickets upon their request. God Bless you all. We will come together as a nation/world to get pass this crisis, and come August we will play some Pinball ,raise a pint to humanity, and celebrate the greatness it holds!
    To your health and wellbeing,
    Keith and Marvin
    Keith Campanelli
    Co-Director,Ohio PinBrew Fest.
    https://www.pinbrewfest.com/
    Metroplex Expo Center
    Girard,Ohio
    Pinball + Beer = Life
    Aug 20-22, 2020

This is very good idea..!

#202 4 years ago

The ohio pinball show will be april 8 9 10 2021. Look forward to seeing all my my friends. i promise It will be bigger and better than ever..

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

The ohio pinball show will be april 8 9 10 2021. Look forward to seeing all my my friends. i promise It will be bigger and better than ever..

#204 4 years ago

It funny how karma gets ya sometime ...

#205 4 years ago

So we are going to have 2 shows in ohio within like 3 weeks?Gee Marvin get your 2 cents in here..

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

So we are going to have 2 shows in ohio within like 3 weeks?Gee Marvin get your 2 cents in here..

Yes we are! The two (and only) great shows Ohio puts on by some dedicated, classy organizers! You should attend and take some tips from these guys!

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Yes we are! The two (and only) great shows Ohio puts on by some dedicated, classy organizers! You should attend and take some tips from these guys!

I'll still attend both as usual! Two great shows, one 15 minutes from my house and one less than 1.5 hours is a cross I'm willing to bear! Not sure how this is a problem. Has anyone ever said "boy, I wish there were less great pinball shows and they were further away?"

Pinball shows are not exactly known for their hygiene and cleanliness anyway ,so I'm all for playing it safe. I can't imagine how much of a pain in the ass it has to be to plan these let alone have this happen and have to move the whole thing weeks before but it seems like the smart move and I have to assume support and momentum for the show will only increase.

#208 4 years ago

Pincinnati is in Ohio and is one hell of a show don’t forget!

Quoted from Gnatty:

#209 4 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Pincinnati is in Ohio and is one hell of a show don’t forget!

My bad, i was just referring to the two shows he was mentioning.

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Wait. Now I’m confused. I thought it was cancelled?

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Wait. Now I’m confused. I thought it was cancelled?

I was too for a second then I realized the post said 2021, not this year. Took me a minute ha.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I was too for a second then I realized the post said 2021, not this year. Took me a minute ha.

I don't even know how that could be called a show anymore.

#213 4 years ago

Numb nuts Mike is referring to the Pin Brew show now being close to the CLE PIN show, and thinks it’s Karma that they are close together now. Complete, disgruntled idiot.

#214 4 years ago

Seems to me the PinBrew guys just don't look at the many pinball event calendars before making up a show date in order not to conflict / be close to another nearby show. KARMA indeed.

#215 4 years ago

Wasn’t Mike found misappropriating funds from the Ohio show from his old partner Marvin?

#216 4 years ago

Yeah, i wish the back story on what the beef is between these guys would come out. Anyone know?

Also, i'd like to see them square off in a jello filled wrestling ring to decide this once and for all.

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Seems to me the PinBrew guys just don't look at the many pinball event calendars before making up a show date in order not to conflict / be close to another nearby show. KARMA indeed.

Marvin is my partner in PinBrew and half owner of ClePin. It was left to him to decide if we should move the show so close to the other. He believes the two will compliment each other. They are totally different shows for the general public. The date we took was the only one available this year. The other option would have been to just wait until 2021. We have a lot of people in this region that wish to see this show happen.

#218 4 years ago

Y'all gotta admit, unceremoniously kicking your old partner to the curb only to have your shiny new replacement show nuked by a virus has got a little Nelson "HA-ha" karma going for it...

This might work out best for all... you get a new Ohio end-of-summer dual-show extravaganza, while the old show carries on as usual in the spring. Yea, Emidios is kinda worn out, but it's cheap, holds tons of games and you can unload/load right into the building. Perfect flea market.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Yea, Emidios is kinda worn out

Kinda? It’s downright disgusting, but hey the bathrooms got an update

#220 4 years ago

I think there is enough support for all 3 shows.

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from whizz:

I think there is enough support for all 3 shows.

Ohio has a lot of pinheads and the shows are centrally located. Real easy to get to from near by states for sure. Agree support for all shows aplenty.

#222 4 years ago

Dupe post. sheeesh

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

It funny how karma gets ya sometime ...

Good luck with your "show" next year mikepin ... with your winning attitude I'm sure it will be a rousing success.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Marvin is my partner in PinBrew and half owner of ClePin. It was left to him to decide if we should move the show so close to the other. He believes the two will compliment each other. They are totally different shows for the general public. The date we took was the only one available this year. The other option would have been to just wait until 2021. We have a lot of people in this region that wish to see this show happen.

I personally think it's gonna be GREAT havin' both PinBrew and the CLE show so close together this year! It's always a bummer when a show is over and to wait for the next one. I'M READY!!!

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from BallyTim:

I personally think it's gonna be GREAT havin' both PinBrew and the CLE show so close together this year! It's always a bummer when a show is over and to wait for the next one. I'M READY!!!

Right?! This is like the chicago/NY pizza debate. I have room in my life for both delicious options.

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Right?! This is like the chicago/NY pizza debate. I have room in my life for both delicious options.

LOL!!!

#227 4 years ago

i really would like to hear the stories floating around about ohio show and missapropriations really . Keith has some axe to grind with me although i helped him many times and hardtop even more. i have asked to talk forever but his choice was to go to marvin and start new show . pinball has been my passion for over 50 years. I have helped many . The show thing is nothing to Keith other than a toy .What has he contributed to the hobby?

#228 4 years ago

I think this is a smart move - especially this being the first year.

#229 4 years ago

REMEMBER I did pinball shows when pinball was SHIT no other shows before chicago and not many before Marvin and I started Ohio big risks back then...now a show every week .. i have continued to help the hobby over 35 years...

#230 4 years ago

Definitely seems like there's unsettled stuff back and forth between some parties here. At the very least feelings and such were flared for sure.

#231 4 years ago

Well there’s a bright side for me, I might be able to make these new dates!

#232 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Definitely seems like there's unsettled stuff back and forth between some parties here. At the very least feelings and such were flared for sure.

there is always unfinished stuff between mike pin and whoever.

#233 4 years ago

Summer is always a drought for shows around the Midwest. Thanks for putting this on, I'm gonna try to come and bless y'all with my presence.

#234 4 years ago

I will be at all 3,sucks i had a tinder date setup for the 4/17 show though

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from mjg417:

I will be at all 3,sucks i had a tinder date setup for the 4/17 show though

Don't worry...I'll take great care of her.

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

REMEMBER I did pinball shows when pinball was SHIT no other shows before chicago and not many before Marvin and I started Ohio big risks back then...now a show every week .. i have continued to help the hobby over 35 years...

My personal thanks to you Mike for all that you have done for the pinball community for many,many years. I for one, and I hope many others, look forward to supporting you in the coming years. Good luck and good health to you in all that you do.

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

The show thing is nothing to Keith other than a toy .What has he contributed to the hobby?

@mikepin, you may have contributed a lot many years ago, and that's great. I applaud that. But you have alienated so many in the hobby, it is time to stop resting on your laurels and show up again. Be a man again. Be kind to people, not the crotchety old f--- you've become. You disrespected me in a big way at the last show, and have continued to do so ever since. All I did was bring a pristine game for the tournament, and built and maintained your website after it was hacked. For years. You said you had nothing to do with the website, although you had shit comments when we were launching it, and never even acknowledged the work that I did for you. Maybe you SHOULD have been more present with the people who supported you and your show. But all I got was physically assaulted by your "security guard" at the last show because there was no pass for me to get in. And then all you did was stand up for him. You should consider yourself lucky that you don't have a lawsuit on your hands for that, because if that guy would have laid hands on a female that way, look out. And he's very lucky I didn't drop him myself. Control your people or get rid of them. Don't defend people who are inconsiderate and unprofessional, because that just lumps you in with the dregs of the hobby. Or maybe these days you just surround yourself with people most like you. Maybe you should start taking an active interest in people, and what they are doing for you, not continually going back to "oh look how important I was". You were king shit when you were the only game in town. And guess what. You're not the only game in town anymore. That much is abundantly clear.

Pinball is hot. And there are a lot of people who are doing what you did years ago, for the hobby, and doing it with a smile on their face. And helping people. And giving back to the community. No different than you were (allegedly), but for some reason, now that others are helping the hobby, you shun them? Pinbrew is a "toy"? Get your head out of your ass, Mike. Keith has contributed plenty, and will continue to do so in his way. And he'll do it with compassion, kindness, and a noble dignity you seem to have left behind decades ago.

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from plankalkul:

Pinbrew is a "toy"? Get your head out of your ass, Mike. Keith has contributed plenty, and will continue to do so in his way. And he'll do it with compassion, kindness, and a noble dignity you seem to have left behind decades ago.

Nice Summary @plankalkul. Wow.....Mike! If I recall Keith has taken DOZENS of high end restored pinball games (also ball bowlers etc) to the Ohio Pinball show. I believe he won awards for his Atlantis and his Dr. Who at the Ohio Pinball Show over the years. He has also brought beautiful games to Pinball Expo and the Cleveland Pinball Show. Last I checked he was also instrumental in the development and promotion of the new hard tops on the market. He has restored several games for me (Quicksilver & Star Gazer) that I have taken proudly to shows (New York City Pinball Show and ReplayFX). He supplies all of the games at Birdfish brewery which has also resulted in the start of a pinball league and is attended by people from Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Aside from that Keith hasn't done shit for the hobby.

#239 4 years ago

Keith sounds like a great guy and it's sad he's so hot over a stupid show misunderstanding, but Mike keeping the torch burning through the late 90s and early 00's with not a lot of help and mostly shitty games coming out of Stern.. that was huge. Quite a bit bigger than just bringing nice games to shows (which I used to do as well quite often during the needy times). Someone has to deal with all the bullshit to make a show happen before games can be brought...

#240 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Keith sounds like a great guy and it's sad he's so hot over a stupid show misunderstanding

metallik ... Larry, pretty sure you have Keith/Skypilot and Aaron/Plankalkul confused with each other. There is not a single hot post from Keith. And you are correct. Not only does Keith "sound" like a great guy, he "Is" a great guy. You should consider going to both the Ohio Pinball Show and Pinbrew Show. I loved all the games you used to bring to shows. Especially that bad ass Attack From Mars you used to bring to Expo.

#241 4 years ago

Am I missing something... Everyone keeps talking about how these shows are so close together.. one is this year.. the other is in 2021..

I am glad the date was just moved for PinBrew.. It will be better for the show in the long run. Its a bummer we have to wait. But.. it is what it is.

and Im sure PinBrew wont have the show so close to the CLE show in 2021...

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from JeffJr:

Am I missing something... Everyone keeps talking about how these shows are so close together.. one is this year.. the other is in 2021..
    I am glad the date was just moved for PinBrew.. It will be better for the show in the long run. Its a bummer we have to wait. But.. it is what it is.
    and Im sure PinBrew wont have the show so close to the CLE show in 2021...

Mike's two shows close together comment was about PinBrew's new date and the Cleveland Pinball Show being close together, not PinBrew and the Ohio Show. But yeah like you said they will probably not be close together again in 2021.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Don't worry...I'll take great care of her.

You can have that 1 i have a new 1,its tinder they come and go

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Mike's two shows close together comment was about PinBrew's new date and the Cleveland Pinball Show being close together, not PinBrew and the Ohio Show. But yeah like you said they will probably not be close together again in 2021.

ok thanks

1 month later
    #245 4 years ago

I was just doing some work around the house when I remembered, I’m supposed to be at Pinbrewfest right now!☹️ I even happen to be wearing my Stern T-shirt.
    Looking forward to August!

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ace24:

I was just doing some work around the house when I remembered, I’m supposed to be at Pinbrewfest right now!☹️ I even happen to be wearing my Stern T-shirt.

I got the notification on FB . Knowing how things are today postponing was absolutely the best move. Definitely plan to come out later this year and support it!

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ace24:

Yeah! I'm supposed to be hungover today.

#248 4 years ago

Marvin and I have worked pretty hard to launch the show and it was tough to hang out at home working on games instead of running the show this week. Lets hope that life has enough normalcy to have the show this fall. None the less we have already booked the venue for 2021. The current issues we face have begun to make me realize how important it is to have this show eventually. Spending time enjoying the friendships at these shows is so needed and missed. Hope your all well and we will see you soon.

1 month later
    #249 3 years ago

Are things still looking like this will happen?

Really looking forward to it!

#250 3 years ago

Here's an important question that I didn't see discussed:

Will there be an auction?

Please?

There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-in-ohio-pinbrew-spring-2020/page/5?hl=jeffjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.