(Topic ID: 243481)

OHIO'S NEW SHOW “PINBREW” April 8-10 2021, ITS ON!!!!

By Skypilot

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 711 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by P1nhead
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7966 (resized).jpg
    DSC_0441 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0442 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0433 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0436 (resized).JPG
    972FFAB2-554C-4764-B0DF-7B35993F4B8A (resized).jpeg
    B0987148-3B8A-4939-B82E-8F1183E0EA04 (resized).jpeg
    881D2C4D-9F4B-47CE-86B6-E2FB5D7D2A85 (resized).jpeg
    C541BFFE-E637-4F86-8751-32C9D18F7677 (resized).jpeg
    5C1949A8-7786-4FE4-AFCE-6B33205136F4 (resized).jpeg
    85459828-7421-4437-9E61-81FF23FD844E (resized).jpeg
    5FD78D88-9B22-4360-ACCE-948C8D981A55 (resized).jpeg
    7F14C696-5C78-4C6C-BDA4-3B673622F4DF (resized).jpeg
    9765F622-E698-48F7-BDE2-1FD7F903EC8E.gif
    IMG_3286 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8862 (resized).jpg
    There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
    #1 4 years ago

Note: We are happy to announce the show is on. We are well aware of the obstacles before us but we are confident in our ability to move forward.

PinBrew staff is working closely with the Metroplex to ensure all procedures recommended by the CDC and state of Ohio are followed. We wish to keep everyone safe as the pandemic will still be an issue in some form. Closing times of the show as well as masks, social distancing, and any other recommendations shall be updated as changes occur.

I am pleased to announce a partnership and reveal of A wonderful new show coming to N.E. Ohio in 2021. Marvin Ortscheid (Formerly of the Ohio Pinball Show) and Myself (Owner of Pirates Life Pinball Co) have joined together to bring the pinball community in our region a new show, PinBrew.
    Our Website splash www.Pinbrewfest.com is up. The Venue is booked April 10 2021. The Hotels are being reviewed the vendors are being invited and the Breweries are lining up. Support from the community has been overwhelming. There is still so much to do but we have hit the ground running.
    Much more detail to follow.
    Thank you all,

https://www.pinbrewfest.com/

Keith and Marvin
    PinBrew-logo_final-small (resized).jpgPinBrew-logo_final-small (resized).jpgIMG_2407 (resized).jpgIMG_2407 (resized).jpg

#3 4 years ago

Can't wait. Going to be epic. What's better than pinball and beer!!

#4 4 years ago

So the Ohio Show (as we knew it) is no longer?

#5 4 years ago

Two great guys! Looking forward to this show. This one and the Cleveland Pinball show will be my go to shows in Ohio. The show (if it could be called one) at that Emidios dump will never see another nickel of my money!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

So the Ohio Show is no longer?

I understand this is a completely different show. Having said that the Ohio Pinball show has been dying a slow death for years! Whoever runs that show should probably put it out to pasture.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

I understand this is a completely different show. Having said that the Ohio Pinball show has been dying a slow death for years! Whoever runs that show should probably put it out to pasture.

it does read Marvin "formerly of the Ohio Show"...

Just not sure Marvin was the only one involved is running the Ohio show. Wasn't Pacak/poodle involved?

Just wondering it the Ohio Show is now defunct/dead/no longer.

#8 4 years ago

More beer & pinball?!?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Can't wait. Going to be epic. What's better than pinball and beer!!

Pinball, beer AND easy (hot) women!!

However, this IS pinball... so we should just be satisfied with pinball and beer.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Just wondering it the Ohio Show is now defunct/dead/no longer.

http://ohiopinballshow.com/

#11 4 years ago

Mike still may run a show I am not sure if he is or not.It was just time for me to move on to something new.

Thanks
    Marvin

#12 4 years ago

Great announcement - can't wait for PinBrew2020. That metroplex looks awesome for a venue!

BallyBill

#13 4 years ago

It’s too bad you chose that weekend... that’s the same weekend as my show that I run in Michigan, Pinball at the Zoo. We are always the 3rd or 4th weekend in April, have been forever. Would have loved to have attended!

#14 4 years ago

Sorry that was the only dates they had next year around that time. We will try to move to the first or second week in 2021. I was thinking about your show just nothing we could do this year.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from harmon1728:

It’s too bad you chose that weekend... that’s the same weekend as my show that I run in Michigan, Pinball at the Zoo. We are always the 3rd or 4th weekend in April, have been forever. Would have loved to have attended!

I’m sorry too Would have loved to make the trek to your show. We were very limited with availability at our Venue and had to work with what we have. I will reach out to you in the future to see if we can move things around a bit so as to not land on the same dates.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I’m sorry too Would have loved to make the trek to your show. We were very limited with availability at our Venue and had to work with what we have. I will reach out to you in the future to see if we can move things around a bit so as to not land on the same dates.

UGH!! That puts me out of the new Ohio show.

John

#17 4 years ago

sounds cool and yes a change is needed. so in the youngstown area then it looks like

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

AND easy (hot) women!!

Never been to a pinball show without this. If you build it they will cum.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

UGH!! That puts me out of the new Ohio show.
    John

Sorry John,
    Just this year hopefully. We had no intention on stacking our new show on the dates of Pinball at the zoo
    But be assured we will fix that for 2021

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from rollinover:

sounds cool and yes a change is needed. so in the youngstown area then it looks like

Yes ,The Metroplex is a very nice venue with room to grow. The Hotels are within walking distance for all you beer lovers.
    I really feel your going to enjoy the setup

#21 4 years ago

Looking forward to it!!

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I appreciate that. Would honestly LOVE to attend in the future! Two of my favorite things put together in one.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Never been to a pinball show without this. If you build it they will cum.

#24 4 years ago

This is great news. Marvin seems to be a stand up guy and his Pug is cool AF!!!

#25 4 years ago

Great news! I was down in Sharon, PA a few weeks ago at Vaporosity; great place, games and people. Seems like the area has a growing scene and I look forward to the new show!

#26 4 years ago

Great news on the new show, but hope you can change the dates for next year to not clash with the Zoo show.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

If you build it they will cum.

Lol

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Yes ,The Metroplex is a very nice venue with room to grow. The Hotels are within walking distance for all you beer lovers.
    I really feel your going to enjoy the setup

Awesome that the hotels are within walking distance. Especially if I have a couple of craft ales.

#29 4 years ago

Two great guys! Looking forward to this show. This one and the Cleveland Pinball show will be my go to shows in Ohio. The show (if it could be called one) at that Emidios dump will never see another nickel of my money!

Best of Luck Marvin and Keith!!

#30 4 years ago

This is great news and I am looking forward to this show.I have known Marvin and Keith for years. This one and the CLE show will be my go to shows in Ohio.

The pinball show (if it could be called one) at that Emidios dump will never see another nickel of my money!

Good luck Keith and Marvin.

#31 4 years ago

Can't wait to see it - see everyone there!

Scott

#32 4 years ago

Cannot wait for the new show! Two of the greatest pinball enthusiasts supporting the hobby today will make it an amazing show! And hey its Beer and Pinball - couldn't ask for a better combination!

#33 4 years ago

Best of Luck Marvin and Keith!!

Third time repeating this... I assume you and Mike are having another spat?

I googlemapped the new venue, and as of 9 months ago, the primary hotel connected to your expo center had been converted to a self-storage complex, and the other two nearby choices were Rodeway Inn and Motel 6. On the Official Pinball Expo Skank Scale, this new location honestly doesn't look much better than the old one, and falls below the Expo Wyndham (but much better than Skanktown Ramada).

I haven't been to the last few Ohio shows and highly doubt I make this new one, but I do hope it's a winner for you guys, even if it is on the complete wrong side of the state. Been busy with non-pinball stuff but will eventually make it back up there.

#34 4 years ago

Always good to here of a new show within driving dustance.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Third time repeating this... I assume you and Mike are having another spat? .

I thought it was the 4th time. Oh wait..that is scheduled for next week . Who is Mike? Pretty sure those hotels you list/found are not the ones that will be involved. I am not associated with the new show (other than being a supporter) and therefore not an official spokesman but there is a Double Tree, Residence Inn, Hampton Inn in that area.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I googlemapped the new venue, and as of 9 months ago, the primary hotel connected to your expo center had been converted to a self-storage complex, and the other two nearby choices were Rodeway Inn and Motel 6. On the Official Pinball Expo Skank Scale, this new location honestly doesn't look much better than the old one, and falls below the Expo Wyndham (but much better than Skanktown Ramada).

I'm sorry that you are unhappy with our choice and location.The Venue was attached to a hotel at one time. The new owners decided not to keep the hotel but have invested heavily into this beautiful 30,000 sq ft facility. The hotel we are concidering as home base is one block away and was totally remodeled in the last year.There are four additional hotels in the area which gives us room to grow. The location of our show although on the wrong side of the state in your opinion allows us to welcome Western NY and PA along with Ohio. Also considering that Marvin and Myself will be transporting no less than Fifty games to start the show we thought it best to keep it in our traveling distance.Hope to see you make it in the future.

141E11D9-3EA8-4B42-AE07-411D9978F335 (resized).jpeg141E11D9-3EA8-4B42-AE07-411D9978F335 (resized).jpegVenue2 (resized).pngVenue2 (resized).pngPictures of the VenueHotel (resized).pngHotel (resized).pngNewly remodeled HamptonPBMap (resized).pngPBMap (resized).pngAdditional hotels

#37 4 years ago

Show is now closer to my location in WNY, so now I'll go!

Plus beer.

#38 4 years ago

Will any of the craft beer folks be selling hats and shirts? Love supporting local craft beer!

#39 4 years ago

Will any of the craft beer folks be selling hats and shirts? Love supporting local craft beer!

Yes sir. We are in the beginning stages of picking our breweries. We will keep you up to date without final list.

#40 4 years ago

Can't attend this due to distance, but I'm still really curious to see how it plays out. My two favorite pastimes combined.

I like the idea of beer fests, but there's seldom anything to do other than drink. I like to space out my beer samples so I don't get full-on drunk, but I'm not standing around all day at a boring beer fest. This changes everything.

#41 4 years ago

Best of luck with the show guys and hire security as we all know Pinball Shows have a tendency for drama and that's without alcohol being served!

Consider Jackie O's Brewery. One of Ohio's great breweries!

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Consider Jackie O's Brewery. One of Ohio's great breweries!

@meSz. Agreed. My son is going into his Senior year at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio (home of Jackie O's). Been to both tasting rooms and agree. Have some great beer. There is also a place in Athens called Little Fish brewery who make some outstanding barrel aged beers (sours etc). Fat Heads, Brew Kettle, Thirsty Dog, Birdfish, have some quality Ohio beers and ales.

1 week later
    #43 4 years ago

Will there be an age restriction to enter? Kid friendly

#44 4 years ago

John Geiger of arcade super awesome is a great hookup on the brewery scene. I know for sure he's friends with Hoofhearted and does a collab beer with them and also probably knows the guys at Jackie O's.

#45 4 years ago

Also linked your webpage on the Cleveland craft beer community Facebook site. If you build it..... they will come!

#46 4 years ago

Madcap Brew Co all day

#47 4 years ago

So exciting!
    Plus, it's on my birthday!

#48 4 years ago

Awesome you have the support of Rob Berk and Ivan. Those two know how to put on a show. Talked to both of them at the recent Pinfest show in Allentown. Looking forward to seeing the vendor list and craft brewery list as well. I am probably going to bring the Bally Atlantis for freeplay!

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 1.03.53 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-15 at 1.03.53 PM (resized).png
    #49 4 years ago

Amazed that this show is dead ( Ohio Show) with this being their turnout..... Even though this guy looks like the machine he is trying to sell... Keith and Marvin are both amazing PIN guys....... Count me in and let me know how to bring games..... I might have a couple that i can spare for a great cause...
    8873662df19ef4065d1bf4b0478974bb3e1167cd (resized).jpeg8873662df19ef4065d1bf4b0478974bb3e1167cd (resized).jpeg

#50 4 years ago

Wishing everyone a happy Father’s Day. We are continuing to work on the show.We are thrilled to announce some of the things we have planned. But we will wait until all our ducks are in a row.

There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-show-in-ohio-pinbrew-spring-2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.