(Topic ID: 10036)

ORIGINAL Shooter Rods from PB Customs!

By pinball_customs

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140816_001244.jpg
    image.jpg
    genie.jpg
    cftbl.jpg
    megatron.jpg
    batman.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3086.jpg
    IMG_3084.jpg
    20140709_001416.jpg
    257562.jpg
    257554.jpg
    257564.jpg
    20140626_000756(0).jpg
    20140626_000710.jpg
    20140626_000610.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Finally finished some new shooters last night, check 'em out!

- B

TRS1.jpgTRS1.jpg TRS2.jpgTRS2.jpg TOTAN1.jpgTOTAN1.jpg TOTAN2.jpgTOTAN2.jpg TAF1.jpgTAF1.jpg TAF2.jpgTAF2.jpg

#2 12 years ago

and more

SKULL1.jpgSKULL1.jpg SKULL2.jpgSKULL2.jpg CREECH1.jpgCREECH1.jpg CREECH2.jpgCREECH2.jpg BIGFOOT1.jpgBIGFOOT1.jpg BIGFOOT2.jpgBIGFOOT2.jpg

#4 12 years ago

and more..

POTC1.jpgPOTC1.jpg POTC2.jpgPOTC2.jpg POTC3.jpgPOTC3.jpg

#5 12 years ago

POTC is my favourite in there, it turned out great..

Anyway sorry for the cellphone pics, it's all I could muster right now. So tired..

#14 12 years ago

Hey all, just an update

These pics are all my first attempts at these particular rods. I do my shooters in batches, so if you want in on a batch of anything in particular fire me a PM and I'll keep you posted. All my shooters are $65 shipped in North America, $75 world-wide unless it's something easy to make (soccer balls, gems) then they're priced accordingly.

I'll be getting shipments out for all the Transformers shooters this weekend and then shifting gears. I appreciate the input from everyone though, I really do. Good and bad. Also suggestions are always welcome!

THANK YOU, Pinside members

- B

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

The knob would be too big.

Hey now!

Isn't The Shadow a gun launcher?

@Bigbill55: What do you mean? Like add-on toys? There are already some great ones out there, look for "PAPO Dinosaur" on Ebay.. I bought a Velociraptor and a couple of Pterodons for my JP They look very realistic

#23 12 years ago

I tried to get a hold of the Mind Orbits guy to share some projects, but he hasn't responded.. not interested I guess. I'm more of an artist than a technical guy I'm afraid.

I do have two BDK shooters though. I've got more examples of my work here:

http://s420.photobucket.com/albums/pp289/mslave/My%20Pinball%20Customs/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

I've also got some more new shooters at home waiting to be de-molded TF insignias and a BK/BK2K

#27 12 years ago

Woops! Try it now

@Pinballerchef: I can definitely keep those in mind! Always coming up with new stuff..

Although I think I'm either going to have to either grow more arms or adopt some kids from China

#32 12 years ago

Yeah i hear that.. that's why creech and TRS aren't officially for sale.

Quoted from GAP:

Nice work. Be careful the copyright police might turn u in! Lol

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

any discount for buying 2 or 3 of em?

Of course! I can do -$5 off the second shooter and -$10 off the third.

#39 12 years ago

Here's a new one! A different Eyeball.. I call this one "Eyeball 2.0"

eyeball1.jpgeyeball1.jpg eyeball2.jpgeyeball2.jpg

#41 12 years ago

LOL! Nice comparison, and it's actually pretty close

I'm also a fan of the Wibble shooter, it's a great piece. I make the "Frodo" version, it's seen here:

http://pinballdecals.com/Images/PartsbyGamePictures/Pic391.png

Quoted from NimblePin:

I want some! Anything out there for LOTR?

I got mine from Tom... The "One Ring" shooter.
    http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineaccessories/id32.html
    Here is a pic!

Wow P_C, I didn't know you made an Hayao Miyazaki custom shooter?!?!? That would be EPIC on a 'Princess Mononoke' pin!

Attachments Hayao.jpg (37.2 KB, 0 downloads) 9 minutes old IMG_0474.jpg (29 KB, 0 downloads) 27 minutes old

#43 12 years ago

Just a heads up to all, I've got more shipments going out this weekend and I'll contact you to confirm. I appreciate your patience.. my day-job keeps getting in the way

Those of you who've already received your items, thank you very much for the compliments via PM

Cheers

- B

#45 12 years ago

It will be in this shipment, yes.

1 week later
    #50 12 years ago

Got an RBION one on the way.. shrunken head. Looks cool

More coming. Stay tuned

- B

1 week later
    #55 12 years ago

That looks great!! Thanks for sharing the pic.. glad it went to a good home.

#59 12 years ago

Couple of new ones here.. RBION and a shotgun shell (BBH, 24, etc.)

IMG_20120220_225951.jpgIMG_20120220_225951.jpg IMG_20120220_230113.jpgIMG_20120220_230113.jpg

#67 12 years ago

Thanks for the kind words, all. Mark, I'll hook you up.

Nibbles, these are all made from a cold-cast resin (the same stuff Back Alley uses).

The shotgun shells are cast from an actual spent casing.. they look pretty real, I hope I don't have a problem shipping these They might look cool on a BHZA

1 week later
    #68 12 years ago

I'd like to thank the members of Pinside for their kind words on these.. a lot of time and hard work goes into them and I like sharing the results of that passion with my fellow Pinsiders.

For now I'm going to put the brakes on for individual sales. I have a couple of large orders I need to fill before I can responsibly take on any small parts orders. This isn't to say that those orders aren't important to me, but I have a regular job and a family so my free time is limited

Thanks to you all for your patience.. stay tuned for more new products, some repro parts and a few announcements from Pinball Customs!

- Brock
    pinballcustoms.com

1 week later
    #69 12 years ago

some TF "faction" shooter samples. I'll try one that's a combo of the two a little later.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics.. I'll take better ones soon.

- B

TF_factions.jpgTF_factions.jpg

#72 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Let us know what you come up with for Playboy....... Just Kidding

Hey man if I can sell more than one of them I'll do it..

Congo.. I'll add it to the list! (though I do a clear gem one that works well)

- B

#75 12 years ago

Here's a bunch of older mods in case some of you haven't seen them.

Batwing.jpgBatwing.jpg bones.jpgbones.jpg bulb.jpgbulb.jpg C3P0.jpgC3P0.jpg claw.jpgclaw.jpg eye2.jpgeye2.jpg

#76 12 years ago

and more.

gopher.jpggopher.jpg Hand.jpgHand.jpg joker.jpgjoker.jpg lotr.jpglotr.jpg Pyramid.jpgPyramid.jpg rudy.jpgrudy.jpg

#77 12 years ago

last one.

soccer.jpgsoccer.jpg sttng1.jpgsttng1.jpg tdk.jpgtdk.jpg gem_R.jpggem_R.jpg

2 weeks later
    #86 12 years ago

Hey there, I've been trying to contact you but it says this:

"Hmm, Darkslide632 has chosen not to be contactable via PinsideMail™.
    PinsideMail™ can be enabled/disabled on your settings page.

You cannot send a message to this user, sorry."

send me an email. sales_AT_pinballcustoms_DOT_com.

- B

Quoted from Darkslide632:

Anyone heard from him? I've sent a PM and E-mail without any luck. Wanting to pick up a shooter...

#95 12 years ago

All in the works!

I have to do things in waves, this is something I do from 6pm --> 1am on weeknights. I have a regular 9-5'er during the day.

Testing out the SM decal tonight, I'll let you all know how it goes.

- B

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

bluevegas said:any Spider Man in the works?
    I thought he was working on a decal for the 3 bank drop target but not sure he is done with it or not. I hope he will get it out soon! Been asking for shooter for a while but he has not indicated that one is or will be in the works unfortunately.

3 weeks later
    #108 12 years ago

Sorry to say fellas but like the IM and TRS shooter, the SM shooter isn't officially for sale.

SM Black one is coming

#116 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Does that mean you cannot PM us?

My PM inbox is ALWAYS open to pinsiders

#120 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Maybe a hat with a white rabbit head poking out.

I could do something like that actually..

My shooters are very durable, made of a very strong plastic resin.. same stuff Back Alley uses. Of course, I always replace my products if they ever break (within reason of course)

#123 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Is there a reason you can't / won't sell spiderman shooters? Parts unavailable? Looks great and want one to go with my TF and IM one

Copyright reasons I'm afraid..

3 weeks later
    #124 11 years ago

Lookie what the cat dragged in!

SMB.jpgSMB.jpg

2 weeks later
    #130 11 years ago

Ok so I need a little break from building parts.. been burning the candle at both ends for a good month and a half now.

That said, I've got a healthy surplus of parts here if anyone is interested. All shooters are $65 shipped in North America, $80 worldwide. After this inventory is gone, prices go up on shooters by $5.. my price has been the same for a couple of years now but, like everything else, my material costs have gone up.

- 3 x POTC
    - 1 x Creech
    - 5 x Optimus Prime
    - 2 x Megatron
    - 2 x gory eyeballs
    - 3 x shotgun shells
    - 1 x soccer ball ($60 shipped)
    - 3 x White Water
    - 1 x BSM
    - 1 x Thing "fist"

First come first served. I'll continue making these obviously but I make things in waves so if you miss out here, not to worry but you'll have to be patient.

Paypal to sales_AT_pinballcustoms_DOT_com, and just put in the notes what it is you're buying. If you're sending payment as a "gift", I do appreciate that but you'll have to remember that Paypal doesn't send me your mailing address if you do this.. so be sure to include that in the notes as well.

Anything paid for by Saturday night will be mailed Sunday morning. This will be a first paid, first served basis..

Thanks gang

- B

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Any chance you could do the spider for spiderman Brock? Any plans for an arc reactor or identity disc shooter rods?

Yeah I've definitely been considering some alternates.. not everyone is a fan of the "heads". I'll have the TF faction symbols, an arc reactor, the spider from SM's chest.. that sorta thing. Just a matter of free time! Which is also why I need a little break from making these rods, to sculpt some new ideas and build my office and workspace up to keep up with the workload.

- B

#132 11 years ago

also as a side note, with any shooters bought from me I highly recommend adding a washer between the spring and the shooter knob. This will prevent wear on the shooter's clear from the spring.

#136 11 years ago

just to answer a question here, I do indeed offer a discount for multiples.. -$5 for a second shooter, and -$10 for a third +

This deal will always stand for my Pinside friends..

#141 11 years ago

some items sold, list updated:

- 3 x POTC
    - 1 x Creech
    - 5 x Optimus Prime
    - 2 x Megatron
    - 2 x gory eyeballs
    - 3 x shotgun shells ($60 shipped)
    - 1 x soccer ball ($60 shipped)
    - 3 x White Water
    - 1 x BSM
    - 1 x Thing "fist" ($60 shipped)

#143 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I note my item went from 2 to 0. Whew! I don't even know what I am buying, is it like NimblePins?

Exactly like it yes.

#152 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Is the fist for Playboy?

I get that a lot actually.. but it's supposed to be Thing from TAF. Would also work for a Street Fighter pin, or for The Incredible Hulk (green, of course). I may be able to modify it to look like Wolverine's hand.. hmm.....

gotta get on some X-men shooters too.

- B

#164 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Anybody get theirs yet from thi most recent order? Just curious

The last of the shipments went out on Friday so you should be getting yours real soon. PM me your name and I'll find your tracking #

1 year later
    #167 10 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Brock can i get a Angus one please

angus_carton1.jpg 29 KB

Yup.

20130528_020305.jpg20130528_020305.jpg
    #168 10 years ago

Figured I'd bump up this thread as it's a good showcase for all the shooters we've made so far. Some sculpted by me, some by others, ALL hand-painted by yours truly, one of the ORIGINATORS of the Custom shooter rod craze! We were making custom shooters before it was cool!

No bobbleheads or shampoo bottle caps here..

- B

#171 10 years ago

Lighted shooters are a bit tricky.. I've tried contacting the MindOrbits creator to share ideas but haven't had any response.

#174 10 years ago

I'll see what else I can come up with, but that devil Angus above is for AC/DC

1 week later
    7 months later
    #182 9 years ago

just a *bump* to show you all what real hand-made shooters look like. Each is painstakingly hand cast, set, painted and cleared by yours truly since 2008.

More designs coming soon (3 new ones on the go)

#185 9 years ago

That's not a bad idea, I may sculpt one up.

#188 9 years ago

Some new additions, and one work in progress

20140626_000505.jpg20140626_000505.jpg 20140626_000538.jpg20140626_000538.jpg 20140626_000610.jpg20140626_000610.jpg 20140626_000710.jpg20140626_000710.jpg 20140626_000756(0).jpg20140626_000756(0).jpg
    1 week later
    #189 9 years ago

Some new additions.

GNR Repro rose shooters. Black, Red (detailed version) and Red (original version)

I should mention, the black version pictured isn't quite finished yet. Would look good on a Black Rose.

Was thinking these might look good on a Phantom of the Opera

(sorry for double posting, this thread is more for catalog keeping than anything)

257554.jpg257554.jpg 257562.jpg257562.jpg 257564.jpg257564.jpg
    #190 9 years ago

And here's a new one, would look good on a gambling themed pin or Monopoly.

More shooters coming soon! Stay tuned

20140709_001416.jpg20140709_001416.jpg

2 weeks later
    #191 9 years ago

2 Bad Cats, 2 Autobots, 2 Decepticons, 1 TF combo.. All ready to ship. Oh and all 3 rose shooters.

All quite literally painstakingly made by hand. Lol

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

I would like to get the LOTR Sword Shooter Rod!
    https://forum-s3.pinside.com/201203/182464/20502-i.jpg
    Will it be available again/when?

I'll make one for you. I'll contact you when it's ready.

*bump*

All shooters now on sale for $65 shipped.

#198 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I've gotten some of pinball_customs shooter mods and have to say he does quality work both in detail and durability. $65 shipped for some of those awesome shooters is a steal IMO.

Thanks, DUDE! I strive to create the best shooter rods on the planet for you guys and gals. It takes a lot of time and effort (and recently, PAIN!), but I think it's totally worth it. I love sculpting and painting these things. Though some more than others.. (the IM shooters for example take FOREVER) lol

Here's a couple more shots (courtesy of my wife Nikki -- forgot to take them this morning) of the latest Transformers offerings.

IMG_3084.jpgIMG_3084.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpgIMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3086.jpgIMG_3086.jpg

#199 9 years ago

I just love painting these guys... I dunno why. I think it's the colour combos.

megatron.jpgmegatron.jpg cftbl.jpgcftbl.jpg batman.jpgbatman.jpg genie.jpggenie.jpg
    #201 9 years ago

Thanks. Admittedly, that is not my sculpt.. but it's my paint on there.

#202 9 years ago

ugh.. I feel like I'm spamming, and I apologize for that but I did want to put this out there for the weekend.

I'm currently having a sale on shooters all Long Weekend, $65USD shipped worldwide. Additional shooters after initial order are $55, so save on shipping!

If you're interested, send payment to [email protected] and I'll get started right away. Please keep in mind I make these from scratch per request, so I'll need a bit of time before shipping -- will be making a batch of IM this weekend

Cheers

- Brock

#203 9 years ago

(Canadian long weekend that is -- is it a long weekend down south as well?)

#204 9 years ago

Sale extended to the end of the week.

#206 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

Ever done one for BOP?? The Brides head would look awesome !!

Not yet!

*bump*

#207 9 years ago

*bump*

Buy one for $65 USD shipped worldwide, and any shooters after that are $55 shipped as well. . Only top quality, hand-made shooters here folks. Our 6th year in business! No off the shelf toys or bubbleheads glued to sticks. Full warranty, fully guaranteed.

#208 9 years ago

Working on a clear rosé.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #209 9 years ago

Workin' away with my Pabst..

20140816_001244.jpg20140816_001244.jpg
    #210 9 years ago

*bump*

Buy one for $65 USD shipped worldwide, and any shooters after that are $55 shipped as well. . Full warranty, fully guaranteed.

I've decided to make this the new Pinside price indefinitely.

#211 9 years ago

forgot to mention, the pic above shows that I'll have some more Ironman, AC/DC Devil Angus and Spiderman shooters real soon. Get 'em while they're hot!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_customs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-shooters-from-pb-customs?tu=pinball_customs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.