• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi!

Been working on my Frankenstein pinsound mix. Man, this is time consuming, we are talking days and days of work! Replaced most of the sound effects, quotes, voices and music with the originals from the movie. Robert De Niro is now the main monster scream source! And that ramp shot sound a lot better now, with the chains pulling him up (like on the ramp entry artwork) and not the same sample every time.

Now, the sega/data east games really lack the ammount of soundtriggers that for instance my williams BSD has, so therefore I had to figure out how to implement more sounds and call outs, and background efffects.

Like in the STONING mode, there is now an angry mob taunting and screaming at the monster during the mode.

And in LYNCH JUSTINE mode you can hear the angry mob, original music and Justine screaming for her life.

NORTH POLE mode has wind and footsteps in the snow.

HIGH VOLTAGE mode has som "hurry up" voice fx, and yells at you to shoot the ramp.

The flipper lanes now have a more "fire fx" to them, since the artwork kind of asks for it, having Elisabeth in flames...

And we have more Elisabeth voicecalls now, even the Monster calling her.

Changing mode now has a much more distinct sound, making it a more obvious MODE CHANGE

The monster now screams before throwing the ball at you (with throw FX)

And so on... Did not manage to get the new ball saver sound and Geneva voice fx in the video...

Things like this makes the game much more involving, and to me ads a lot.

My goal is to give the game a movie like feel, and to have the sound drag you into the gameplay with really dynamic and suitable efffects and music.

Some gameplay at the start of the video, and later on I have cheated my way to show you some of the different modes.

#2 6 years ago

Well done!! These mixes do take forever...

#3 6 years ago

That is awesome. Might have to consider getting a pinsound board for my MSF.

#4 6 years ago

Outstanding, love the movie & my MSF.I Great work.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Outstanding, love the movie & my MSF.I Great work.

Thank you! Nearly finished, and really happy with the results so far.

I can highly recomend getting a pinsound board for this game, it changes the gameplay feel completely

1 month later
#7 6 years ago

Great job!! Would love to get an MSF one day next to my BSD. Love your work on both those pins!

#8 6 years ago

Very Cool and fun playing game,I've been playing it all week long at the local pizza shop..

5 months later
#9 5 years ago

Was intrigued by your work enough to purchase a PinSound to put this on my game but the link you posted and PinSound supports is down. Is there an alternate place I could source this from? Thanks and keep up the good work.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from drunkbaby:

Was intrigued by your work enough to purchase a PinSound to put this on my game but the link you posted and PinSound supports is down. Is there an alternate place I could source this from? Thanks and keep up the good work.

PM me and I can send you a link to the files

3 weeks later
#11 5 years ago

New mix version uploaded!

2 years later
#12 2 years ago

To revive an old post - I really loved the movie score, am I right in thinking this new mix uses the (my opinion - horrible) rock alternate? Not sure if I should upgrade? Thanks, so much of your work is amazing.

#13 2 years ago

The video is no longer available.

7 months later
#14 1 year ago

Since this thread has at least a few MSF players with a Pinsound board, I figured I would start by asking my question here before starting a new thread. I just picked up a Pinsound board for my MSF. I downloaded and installed both the original sound mix and the 1.4 mix by the topic starter onto my Pinsound. The first thing I immediately noticed is that the original sound mix is missing the "FRANKENSTEEEEEIIIIIINNNN" sound clip when you start a game. This sound clip does appear to be in the 1.4 mix, but I'm not sure if it's the original sound clip (I'm assuming it's not). I haven't extensively checked all the clips, but I assume it's likely missing other sound clips as well...that's also in part by simply checking the number of sound clips in each folder between the two mixes.

Does anyone know if there is a complete original dump of all MSF sound files? Or is there a way I could dump it myself using the original board?

I'm going to try copying the sound clip from the 1.4 mix into the original mix folder as a workaround.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-sega-frankenstein-sound-design and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.