IMG_1472 (resized).JPG
IMG_1471 (resized).JPG
IMG_1470 (resized).JPG
IMG_7614 (resized).JPG
30D9115C-7E3B-48E6-A6AD-53DFAC719F68_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
36C2FEE6-4DC1-4184-91FA-7EB932D9480A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 67cutlass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

While doing some research on my SB-100, for my Trident, that hasn't worked in over 10 years, I found the following website that is offering NEW direct replacements.

https://nvram.weebly.com/stern-sb-100.html

I sent them an email asking if this would work in my Stern Trident. They replied with "Yes. Except there is no chime simulation (higher pitch tones), but that is missing from most original SB100s anyways."

My questions are:
Would this really be a direct replacement for my current SB-100?
If there is no chime simulation, would this even be anything my Trident would've had? I'm thinking not.
Has anyone tried one of these? And if so, their thoughts?

On my current sound board the wire connectors on the bottom (see picture) is missing and they soldered the wires directly on the pins. What's the easiest way of connecting these to the board? I don't know how to re-pin connectors. Is there an idiot proof way of doing it? My thinking would be trying to find the connects with wires attached and then connect them to the wires I already have. Not ideal, but it would work.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8 2 years ago

Ok. Not sure what most of that stuff is, but I used the list above as my shopping list and ordered a few extras. Bought the crimping tool too. If I remember correctly, out of the 18 pins, only like 5 or 6 were used. I'll get a picture to make sure everything looks right on the current board before I cut the wires off.

#10 2 years ago

Thanks for the help. It's much appreciated. I was trying to find one in a little better shape, but haven't been able to locally. The game holds a special sentimental value being the first solid state and last pinball my Dad got at his tavern before he had to close to take care of my grandmother. The Operator came in and collected money after he closed, but left the pinball/jukebox/pool table open, so basically free play before they came in and collected the machines. As an 11 year old kid, I was in heaven. Thinking about this, I've probably had this machine for around 19 years. My kids have never heard the sound (we've played at MGC, it couldn't really hear it).

#17 2 years ago

The new board and crimper tool came yesterday. Waiting on the plug and connectors to come. In the mean time, does the wiring below seem to be in the right order (both on the top and bottom of the board)? And no, I'm not the person who did that to the board

IMG_1470 (resized).JPGIMG_1470 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1471 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPGIMG_1472 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#34 2 years ago

Finally got all the parts in, but I have to be doing something wrong. I can crimp the wires (I think correctly), but when I try to put them in the connector it goes in really hard, regardless of which direction. I think I know which way they are supposed to go in. But when I do, I usually need to push them with a screwdriver and then when I go to push them on the board, they all fall out of the connector.

#36 2 years ago

Ok. I must be doing something wrong. I have the card wired. I have checked wire connections over and over again compared to what was originally wired. Everything appears to be right. With the smaller board and the wires being cut before, I had to pin different wires and hook those up. Not the ideal solution, but I think I have everything right. I have 2 green lights on the new board, but as soon as I power on the game, all I get is a constant buzz (youtube -

). Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

soundcard (resized).JPGsoundcard (resized).JPG

#38 2 years ago

That was it!!!! It has sound again. Doesn't sound the greatest at higher volumes, but that's probably the old speaker. Lower (normal?) volumes sound great. I have the wires taped up now, it looks like crap, but it works. I need to solder the wires and clean it up a bit, but I didn't want to spend too much time right now and if it didn't work.

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 67cutlass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-sb-100-sound-board-trident-any-one-use-these?tu=67cutlass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.