(Topic ID: 260448)

4th Annual Saratoga Silverball 2024 - June 21st & 22nd - Saratoga Springs, NY

By Isochronic_Frost

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Preferred dates for a pinball show?”

• July 18th & 19th 2 votes
      33%
    • August 1st & 2nd 1 vote
      17%
    • August 15th & 16th 3 votes
      50%

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball_postcard.jpeg
    Postcard_Back.jpeg
    IMG_9314.jpeg
    IMG_4954.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_4935.jpeg
    IMG_4934.jpeg
    IMG_4926.jpeg
    IMG_3773.jpeg
    IMG_3771.jpeg
    IMG_3770.jpeg
    20230624_143317 (resized).jpg
    20230624_111153 (resized).jpg
    20230624_114457 (resized).jpg
    70925674711__725499C0-79F4-46F8-A00A-B34D92DC583C.jpeg
    There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 4 years ago

Proudly presenting Saratoga Silverball 2024!

The event will take place at the Wilton Mall off route 50 in Saratoga Springs. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/rvuUP98RnrnGTry69

Dates are June 21st & 22nd. It will be a Friday, Saturday show, typical setup starts Thursday Morning.
    Friday starts at 2pm.
    The show will continue till 8pm or later Saturday night. BYOB is allowed.

Visit the website: https://silverballshow.org

3-Strikes Tourney held Friday night typically running after the show closes. Playoffs will be forced if the tourney runs past midnight again.
    Pin-Golf Tournament runs all day Saturday.

We will be holding a Project Pinball high-score tournament both Friday & Saturday! Proceeds go directly to support Project Pinball’s mission to put pinball machines in children’s hospitals.

We have such a robust and active community in Upstate New York, Vermont, Connecticut and West Mass. Let's keep it going!

Now I'm looking for YOUR help!
    We can't have a show without machines.
    You can register on the website: https://silverballshow.org/register/
    Feel free to show off the machines you plan on bringing right in the thread!

The Saratoga Silverball will feature a PinGolf pinball competition as shows prior, an indoor food court, plenty of small local businesses, extremely easy access for loading and unloading as well as MASSIVE parking availability.

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/saratoga-silverball-2024-2024

#2 4 years ago

I can probably bring a few games for Saturday at least...

Where in the mall will it be?

#3 4 years ago

Those dates are rough. As I told you in our conversation, I'll be around either way, but doing this during the Saratoga track season makes hotel rooms very difficult and expensive for the out-of-towners. I know of several who stayed all the way down by me because they couldn't find hotel rooms nearer to Saratoga or the jacked up season prices were prohibitive.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I can probably bring a few games for Saturday at least...
    Where in the mall will it be?

Right now that is dependent on the amount of games and vendors that are interested in it.
    Just heard back from the mall and we have the Charlotte Ruse space across from American Eagle reserved. So no matter what it’s the bigger spot!

Quoted from drsfmd:

Those dates are rough. As I told you in our conversation, I'll be around either way, but doing this during the Saratoga track season makes hotel rooms very difficult and expensive for the out-of-towners. I know of several who stayed all the way down by me because they couldn't find hotel rooms nearer to Saratoga or the jacked up season prices were prohibitive.

I know the dates are rough, but I think it’s best to keep this year in August and then consider a serious date change for 2021.
    It just depends on whatever weekend people prefer this July or August.

#5 4 years ago

The Wilton mall has a new 3D interactive map that is difficult to work with so I can’t easily download an overview.
    Here are some edited screenshots for clarity.
    The space may appear small but I assure you it’s the nearly the same square footage as the old show!
    Fret not friends, the Silverball rolls onward!

4F5A273F-C183-4962-AD43-07BC98F3C5BB.jpeg4F5A273F-C183-4962-AD43-07BC98F3C5BB.jpeg48B1DE92-30EB-4E3B-8C37-F540A34AF011.jpeg48B1DE92-30EB-4E3B-8C37-F540A34AF011.jpegA6DD4D95-4666-40DB-8038-A72BD7F5F916.jpegA6DD4D95-4666-40DB-8038-A72BD7F5F916.jpeg Added over 3 years ago:

Photos no longer accurate, location changed

1 week later
    #6 4 years ago

I attended and supported all three of the YMCA shows. Forceflow and crew did a nice job and it was enjoyable. I would say though that it would be a stretch to call it a "tradition". Nonetheless, I'm glad you're endeavoring to keep this flame alive, and I surely would love to attend and support the show with a free play game or two. Thank you for carrying this show forward, and I'm looking forward to it. I will spread the word to my pinball buddies for whatever that's worth.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I attended and supported all three of the YMCA shows. Forceflow and crew did a nice job and it was enjoyable. I would say though that it would be a stretch to call it a "tradition". Nonetheless, I'm glad you're endeavoring to keep this flame alive, and I surely would love to attend and support the show with a free play game or two. Thank you for carrying this show forward, and I'm looking forward to it. I will spread the word to my pinball buddies for whatever that's worth.

A very young tradition, but incredibly fun as well! I, and many others thought it was a shame to let the moment go to waste, so this show is what came out of it. I heard some feedback that it seems a bit disorganized since I did not have a cemented date nor website yet. I just wanted to get the buzz started. I can very happily tell you the website is in the works, and at the WORST case, it will be done by the end of February, although we are looking to get it up much sooner. I've also got a really snappy logo in the works that will be unveiled around that same timeline!

Since I work better with lists:

Completed Goals:

• Show Name and rough date
    • Insurance coverage
    • Storefront Location at the Wilton Mall
    • Vendor supplying NIB games
    • Tenative Volunteer list

Actions currently in progress:

1. Confirm Show Date
    2. Advertisement materials
    3. Solicite games for Freeplay
    4. Finish & Publish Website
    5. Logo Design
    6. Expand Vendors/Sponsors
    7. Show furnishings (i.e. tables, chairs, check-in, registration)
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Thank you for carrying this show forward, and I'm looking forward to it. I will spread the word to my pinball buddies for whatever that's worth.

I greatly appreciate your support, and word of mouth means quite a lot to me. The community is everything for this show and I figure the sooner the information is out there, the better. I will be transparent as possible and try to keep everyone informed. This years date will still be August, so I want the everyone ready and expecting "that nice late summer show in Saratoga".

#9 4 years ago

So this is indeed a carry over from the original Saratoga Pin convention?

Like others have stated I too have been each year. And each year I've been able to increase the number of collectors/hobbyists who have begun to attend the show so I would hate to have that go by the wayside. Last years pins were very nice examples and you could see the following the hobby has locally by the size of the lines. NON-STOP for two days.

Thank you for continuing the show and thank you Forceflow for your previous work. I'll see what I can do for bringing games.

Blake

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

Like others have stated I too have been each year. And each year I've been able to increase the number of collectors/hobbyists who have begun to attend the show so I would hate to have that go by the wayside. Last years pins were very nice examples and you could see the following the hobby has locally by the size of the lines. NON-STOP for two days.
    Thank you for continuing the show and thank you Forceflow for your previous work. I'll see what I can do for bringing games.
    Blake

Since I wasn't able to do a show for this year, it seems that the right circumstances presented themselves for Isochronic_Frost to be able to host one.

I'm probably not going to be directly involved (and honestly, I could use the break this year), but we've had a few chats, and he knows I'm available if he wants to pick my brain or bounce ideas around.

I like the idea of there still being a show in the area after building interest for one for the past 3 years. Hundreds of attendees each year showed that there was an interest in pinball around here, and it's great that there's someone to keep the momentum going.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blake:

Blake

Yes, I’m glad to be able to carry on the momentum and keep a nice local show going. Website is still being worked on and soon I’ll have a forum for those bringing games for freeplay to submit their information. We’re looking at about ~20 games accounted for right now.
    I’d like to keep building that number to make sure we have a consistent amount of machines available.

This is a community effort and it would have been impossible if not for Force's show! Please spread the word to locals.
    We’ll see how things go with this new venue, I’m looking forward to it and trying to cover all my bases as far in advance as possible.

The Saratoga Pinball scene lives on!

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is a community effort...

You need to get the Pinball518 community on board. https://pinball518.org/events/ has obsolete info.
    .................David Marston

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

You need to get the Pinball518 community on board. https://pinball518.org/events/ has obsolete info.

That’s Matt’s website. He is aware and his website is very new, I’m not sure when it’s updated, I think he plans to do more with it later on.

Ours will be up soon, getting the logo revised and polished currently and working on the format. I haven’t posted on any other forums yet. What are some of the most popular ones that locals check?

#14 4 years ago

KLOV
    NEACF
    FB

Thanks
    Blake

2 months later
    #15 3 years ago

I really didn't want to make this update, but it has become far too obvious for me to ignore:
    Saratoga Silverball will be postponed till 2021.
    With the announcements from the Governor of NY stating the racetrack won't open, it made it very clear that there is no way I would be able to hold this show this year as planned.
    The Mall still isn't opened and now has no official date or even suggestions of when it may reopen which may shutter the arcade I manage, entirely.

Sadly this is the reality of things, and ethically I wouldn't be able to hold a show, much like most the folks at the bigger events already realized. My only bonus is none of my merchandise has a date on it, which I had the foresight to avoid in a worst-case-scenario, that unexpectedly actually occurred. The other bonus is all the materials and infrastructure I have acquired is unaffected and in storage. This gives me more time to work on games and improve my collection for the show!

Thank you all for your support, stay tuned for updates as plans for next year develop!

While I heavily doubt it, if things change towards fall of this year I will stay on top of it and partner with local functions to try and have a small pinball meet, conditions permitting.

1 year later
    #16 2 years ago

is the new website ready yet... what is the scoop

2 weeks later
    #17 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

is the new website ready yet... what is the scoop

Website is up and running! We are currently negotiating with the mall for a larger space, and everything is going well!

We totally rebuilt the website and it should be working properly now.

The show is ON baby! Feel free to register games and we will update as we go!

#18 2 years ago

great.. cant wait

#19 2 years ago

Website is up and running!

Is that https://silverballshow.org/ ?

#20 2 years ago

Website is up and running! We are currently negotiating with the mall for a larger space, and everything is going well!
    We totally rebuilt the website and it should be working properly now.
    The show is ON baby! Feel free to register games and we will update as we go!

Congrats on getting things moving again.

Will there be a tournament at the show?

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Is that https://silverballshow.org/ ?

Whoops, embarrassing!

Yes, the website is Silverballshow.org!

We even have this snappy logo, and I have stickers ready, car magnets and shirts (on order)

D9BCACC4-F20C-459F-A2A1-528F332112F9.pngD9BCACC4-F20C-459F-A2A1-528F332112F9.png

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Congrats on getting things moving again.
    Will there be a tournament at the show?

Yes I’m working with Steve who ran the other tournaments to organize this one!

Turns out no matter how much you thing you’ve got done there ends up being a dozen more things you need when running a show! It’s constant, but we have everything needed to run this show in August. At this point I’m just trying to work on the flair and polish and spread the word. The website is bare but it will continue to improve as time goes on.

#22 2 years ago

Haven’t gotten the game list up yet but current games coming are:

Guns n’ Roses (LE)
    Deadpool
    Jurassic Park Pro
    Seawitch
    Monday Night Football
    Flipper Football
    Mars Trek
    + about a half dozen more I still need to get all the info for.

Please feel free to submit something for freeplay.
    I plan on having a Freeplay raffle and of course any submitted machines gives you free entry.

#23 2 years ago

I'll definitely bring a game or two, not sure what will be accessible yet though...

#25 2 years ago

Already got 2 more submissions! Please keep them coming

#26 2 years ago

Already got 2 more submissions! Please keep them coming

We now have 16 games registered!! And the tournament is being organized, so it’s gonna be a great show!

https://silverballshow.org/machines/

Please if you’re looking for a fun show to fill you calendar for august, submit a game and come join us!

https://silverballshow.org/register/

2 weeks later
    #27 2 years ago

Bump! Register games!
    We will have a free play raffle with local company sponsors as well as some pinball sponsors

1 week later
    #28 2 years ago

how about an update on games coming so far. please

#29 2 years ago

coming soon to saratoga silverball show.

IMG_0423 (resized).jpgIMG_0423 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #30 2 years ago

just installed the cooling fans for gnr. cool product. next is the pinstadium concert lights ... hope i dont screw the installation up!!

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

coming soon to saratoga silverball show.
    [quoted image]

I’ve updated the list!
    Still forgot a couple but it’s a work in progress:
    GNR (LE)
    TMNT (Pro)
    Alien Star
    Deadpool (Pro)
    Jurassic Park (Pro)
    Walking Dead (Pro)
    Metallica
    Deadly Weapon
    Genesis
    POTO
    Playboy (DE)
    BK2K
    Space Invaders
    Time Line
    Gorgar
    Paragon
    Little Chief
    Monday Night Football
    Caveman
    Seawitch
    Flipper Football
    City Slicker
    Hollywood Heat
    4 Aces
    Mars Trek
    Target Alpha
    Stardust
    Hollywood (Chicago Dynamics)
    Space Odyssey
    Laser Ball

That puts us at 30 Games!!!! Wahoo!!!!
    Come on guys, let’s get to 40!

https://silverballshow.org/register/

Tell your friends and family. We’ve got some sponsors rolling in already! Flyers going to print soon!

1 week later
    #32 2 years ago

12 days and counting... i have got houdini and bubble hockey machine available for the show if i can get lots of help moving them...

#33 2 years ago

HUGE NEWS! Cointaker will be at the show bringing:
    Alien
    Mandalorian Pro
    Guns N’ Roses (SE)
    Led Zeppelin Premium

This is huge! Big shoutout to @cointaker, all our supporters, and those bringing games!

#34 2 years ago

that post just made my night... thanks cointaker!!!!!!!please bring if you can my gnr topper with you lol

#35 2 years ago

Isochronic_Frost Should have my restored Swords of Fury ready to go, and probably Earthshaker. And if my Grand Lizard isn't sold yet I'll be bringing it too.

#36 2 years ago

When is set up time on Friday?
    What hotels if any, have vacancies and reasonable rates?

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

When is set up time on Friday?
    What hotels if any, have vacancies and reasonable rates?

Just talked with a local place, Landmark Motor Lodge is only 15 minutes away in South Glens Falls and they have vacancies on the show dates!

#38 2 years ago

What time is set up on Friday?

#39 2 years ago

Just talked with a local place, Landmark Motor Lodge is only 15 minutes away in South Glens Falls and they have vacancies on the show dates!

$222/night for a motor lodge. Uh, uh!

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

big ripoff should be 100 a night

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

big ripoff should be 100 a night

Are you staying? You're farther south than I am.

#42 2 years ago

no i am coming from yonkers.. staying at my cousins house at schenedity

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

What time is set up on Friday?

Setup starts at 8am till 2pm when we open

Quoted from jrpinball:

Everything else is literally sold out. It’s Saratoga!

#44 2 years ago

my gnr is ready.. pinstadiums takes the game to a different level.

#45 2 years ago

hope you have a map on where to load our games.....and any food trucks available?

#46 2 years ago

Setup starts at 8am till 2pm when we open

Everything else is literally sold out. It’s Saratoga!

If it was still at the Y, I'd sleep in my van and shower there!

#47 2 years ago

It’s Saratoga during track season. Everything is 3x the price it should be. If you don’t mind making the ride up from Albany, you should be able to find normal prices. There’s a Hampton Inn that’s quite nice just a couple of minutes from the bottom of 87.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

hope you have a map on where to load our games.....and any food trucks available?

Map is on the website now!
    https://silverballshow.org/show-details/
    Between JC Penny and the hospital offices there is a little alcove on the map. Top right of the venue. It will be properly marked

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

It’s Saratoga during track season. Everything is 3x the price it should be. If you don’t mind making the ride up from Albany, you should be able to find normal prices. There’s a Hampton Inn that’s quite nice just a couple of minutes from the bottom of 87.

I've stayed at the BW Airport when Force did the show. Maybe I'll try them again.

#50 2 years ago

For Sale 77 WMS Hot Tip (horse racing)
    First Solid State from Williams
    The game is working but consider it a light project
    New Battery Holder / Fresh AA batteries
    Boots flips and plays fine
    Chimes Work / Tilt Buzzer works/ mechanical score reel works
    Comes with game manual & coin box w/ lid
    switches do not work in COL 3 was quoted 79$ to repair the board
    2 displays are dead from age
    (Ball count & player 4)
    There is a DIY kit for like 99$ to replace them all
    Not a show piece but cheap and plays other wise
    with kids home on break I just have no time to deal with it
    $450 firm as it sits
    If interested just message me
    Located by Utica NY
    Could deliver to Saratoga Show 8/14 if prepaid

Added over 3 years ago:

S O L D

There are 177 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-saratoga-silverball-2020-continuing-a-tradition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.