Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0105 (resized).jpeg
#1 11 months ago

I just got a NIB Rush Pro and the Top Target switch (55) is not working. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the node without success. As a new pin owner, I don't know what I can do. Any help is appreciated!

#2 11 months ago
Quoted from SuperProfe:

I just got a NIB Rush Pro and the Top Target switch (55) is not working. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the node without success. As a new pin owner, I don't know what I can do. Any help is appreciated!

Reach out to your distributor and let them know. They'll get you sorted out.

Besides that, check for any broken wires and check in switch test that it's working. Make sure the contacts are completely separate while checking and that they make contact.

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from SuperProfe:

I don’t know what you’ve tried, but did you go into switch test mode and push on the switch to see if it registers? If it does, it may be as simple as bending the switch up slightly.

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t know what you’ve tried, but did you go into switch test mode and push on the switch to see if it registers? If it does, it may be as simple as bending the switch up slightly.

I did the switch test mode, and nothing registers when I push on it.

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from SuperProfe:

I did the switch test mode, and nothing registers when I push on it.

Just to confirm, you had the coin door closed when you tested?

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Just to confirm, you had the coin door closed when you tested?

I’ve tested both ways. With the switch test via the service menu, the coin door has to be open. I’ve also run a game with the glass off to try and trigger the switch that way.

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from SuperProfe:

I’ve tested both ways. With the switch test via the service menu, the coin door has to be open. I’ve also run a game with the glass off to try and trigger the switch that way.

Coindoor has to be closed or interlock pulled out to test, otherwise your playfield has no power.

If you press on it during game play and no points are awarded, then it’s likely something else. Just make sure you push it down as far as it will go, even below the playfield to it’s fully closed position to see if it triggers. Switches very rarely go bad and typically only need adjustment so as FatPanda said, check for loose or broken wire off the switch or at the connector to the node board.

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Coindoor has to be closed or interlock pulled out to test, otherwise your playfield has no power.
If you press on it during game play and no points are awarded, then it’s likely something else. Just make sure you push it down as far as it will go, even below the playfield to it’s fully closed position to see if it triggers. Switches very rarely go bad and typically only need adjustment so as FatPanda said, check for loose or broken wire off the switch or at the connector to the node board.

I tested with interlock pulled out. I’ll check the wiring and report back. Thanks for the help!

#9 11 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here’s the problem (see image). I assume it needs to be soldered on to the switch?

IMG_0105 (resized).jpegIMG_0105 (resized).jpeg
#10 11 months ago

Yes. Just solder it back on and you'll be good to go. Nice work.

#11 11 months ago

I can't thank everyone who replied enough! As a new pin owner, I was feeling very overwhelmed and lost about all this (not to mention disappointed that my new machine already wasn't working as expected). Your help is so very much appreciated!!

#12 11 months ago
Quoted from SuperProfe:

As a new pin owner, I was feeling very overwhelmed

There is a strong community of pinheads in Buffalo. Search for Bro do you even talk pinball, I think they are in the area and both post here now and then. Nick and Kevin are always happy to help out too. https://buffalopinball.com/podcast/

#13 11 months ago

Also, please solder with the game off.

#14 11 months ago
Quoted from SuperProfe:

I can't thank everyone who replied enough! As a new pin owner, I was feeling very overwhelmed and lost about all this (not to mention disappointed that my new machine already wasn't working as expected). Your help is so very much appreciated!!

Good work! That feeling of being overwhelmed will dissipate as you get to know your game better. Your willingness to troubleshoot here shows you are willing to learn and as noted, the community on pinside can be incredibly helpful.

And btw, don’t be disappoinred, new machines are not bulletproof, they can have just as many issues as older games, sometimes more issues, they just don’t suffer from wear and tear.

#15 11 months ago

Hopefully you won't have any more issues but if you do, please refer to this thread for possible resolutions.
"Rush Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list" & if in doubt about a repair/diagnostic test: "Ask First" many times fumbling around can create and or make matters worse.

#16 11 months ago

There’s also lots of helpful info in this thread, as you get to know your game more:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-rush-pro-with-bad-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.